IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 273.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I'm waiting for "my distributor" as well. It's a very painful wait. I'm glad to see that a lot of issues are being addressed so there is a positive in that. Can't freakin' wait!!!

Call Joe, I believe he has them in stock

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Call Joe, I believe he has them in stock

Do you know Joe's website?

#353 6 years ago

Do you guys think the code can develope much more,I have seen jjp contuine code on the other games but I feel this game is close to done except for the some of the mode characters mouths no moving

#354 6 years ago

Waiting for mine as well. Put in another good round of games at the Coin-Op free play day this weekend. Can't wait to get it in my house.

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Do you know Joe's website?

Www.pinballstar.com

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Do you guys think the code can develope much more,I have seen jjp contuine code on the other games but I feel this game is close to done except for the some of the mode characters mouths no moving

I would agree the code is done unless they add another mini wizard mode like after you attempt (completing them or not) say 6 modes instead of all the modes. Also maybe tweak the Jackpot calls outs to add more enthusiasm.

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I would agree the code is done unless they add another mini wizard mode like after you attempt (completing them or not) say 6 modes instead of all the modes. Also maybe tweak the Jackpot calls outs to add more enthusiasm.

I hope they update some of the music and call outs.

#358 6 years ago

I like the music. I think that's great. They could update the call outs, for sure. Some of them should trigger sooner too. You often hit one shot, and the ball is back to the flipper before it indicates your next shot.

#359 6 years ago

Does anybody also have a Hobbit? Asking because even 2 years in, th hobbit was still getting updates, hopefully st least one more planned. Maybe there is even more in DI. Hope so!

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

They could update the call outs, for sure. Some of them should trigger sooner too. You often hit one shot, and the ball is back to the flipper before it indicates your next shot.

Agree! I thought it was just me that thought this.

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Some of them should trigger sooner too.

Count me in the "they ALL need to trigger quicker" camp. This was my original point with learning how to use technology to your advantage instead of against you. You hit a lit shot and every light on the damn thing starts blinking so you can't see the next shot....add in the directions coming too late not very user friendly. Of course unless that's what they're going for which is fine in my book.

#362 6 years ago

All but two of the modes are always the same; the last shot moves around on SINGULARITY, and the pair moves around on EARTH SHAKER, but that's it. You _should_ know by now what the next shot for the mode in progress is.

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

All but two of the modes are always the same; the last shot moves around on SINGULARITY, and the pair moves around on EARTH SHAKER, but that's it. You should_ know by now what the next shot for the mode in progress is.

Hence my point

Quoted from TheLaw:

Of course unless that's what they're going for which is fine in my book.

#364 6 years ago

I'm in! Had a standard delivered yesterday. Having a minor issue with trough VUK - need to fiddle around with power to see if that fixes it. Does anyone mind sending a picture of the wiring on the inside of their start button? The wire circled in this pic was unplugged on delivery - I plugged it in the front of the two leads but want to confirm that was the right place.

Start button (resized).jpgStart button (resized).jpg

Oh and the game

image3 (resized).JPGimage3 (resized).JPG

#365 6 years ago

For the start button wire, you have the choice of normally open or normally closed (one tab or the other, basically). If the start button works in test the way you have it wired, it's correct. On the opposite tab, the button would show as active all the time in dedicated switch test (box would stay green).

#366 6 years ago

Thanks for the reply - I assumed working = good but it never hurts to check.

#367 6 years ago

My LE arrived last week and has been putting smiles on peoples faces ever since. Super impressed with what JJP and Pat Lawlor have put together here.

#368 6 years ago

I think this has been shown before but thought I'd add my experience installing the set of cliffys. Overall, took about 20 minutes for the sim card hole and 20 minutes for the scoop.

Sim Card hole: Remove the two screws (circled in red) on the ramp flap and lift the ramp. You can rest the ramp flap on the QED guy (you want to make sure the QED guy is about an inch away from the left side so the ramp can clear. I circled the bottom of the ramp flap in the picture because when I was done, I put a piece of mylar for the ramp to rest on. That ramp flap is sharp and I was afraid it could dig into the playfield over time.
20170902_102427 (resized).jpg20170902_102427 (resized).jpg

With the ramp up and out of the way, remove the rubber on the two posts, then remove the posts and left screw circled in red. Loosen the four screws circled in blue. Everything can be done from the top. The right screw circled in blue allows the cliffy to slide under the metal ball guide. There is not a lot of gap even with that loosen, but eventually you'll get it slid under. I wrestled with it a bit. The back two screws are loosened to allow the 2nd piece of the cliffy to slide under (cliffy's set only has two pieces, i think the factory has three pieces). That's about it, reinstall and tighten everything down and you are done. it was a perfect fit on my game.
20170902_102301 (resized).jpg20170902_102301 (resized).jpg

Phone Scoop:
Remove the plastic behind the phone, it's held on with one screw (circled).
20170902_102621 (resized).jpg20170902_102621 (resized).jpg

Remove the two nuts holding the phone bracket (circled). Phone can be moved out of the way, no need to disconnect any wires.
20170902_102346 (resized).jpg20170902_102346 (resized).jpg

Remove the rubber and the two posts, these must be done from below as they are held on with nuts. I had a hard time getting the right one out and had to use a hammer and nail set to punch it out. Once removed, cliffy slides in, reinstall everything
20170902_104703 (resized).jpg20170902_104703 (resized).jpg

I also installed the switch slot protectors and the skill shot protectors, they just pop in. Note that I do not adhere them to the playfield, they lie flat as is. next up is the shooter lane.
20170902_102522 (resized).jpg20170902_102522 (resized).jpg
20170902_092048 (resized).jpg20170902_092048 (resized).jpg
20170902_102517 (resized).jpg20170902_102517 (resized).jpg

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I hope they update some of the music and call outs.

What's there now is within newscast/disaster theme, so I'm not sure how they could make it better without breaking the cohesion of all the things that make Dialed In feel and sound like it does.

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's there now is within newscast/disaster theme, so I'm not sure how they could make it better without breaking the cohesion of all the things that make Dialed In feel and sound like it does.

I don't think some decent Jackpot callouts would hurt the cohesion.

#372 6 years ago

Within the game's framework of newscaster and announcer, what kind of callouts would you call "decent"?

#373 6 years ago

Really, neither Mandi (the phone voice) nor Mike Banter (the newscaster) are "screamer" types - to me, their callouts (in _all_ cases) are perfect for their personas.

Some of the "contacts" are excitable types, and their exhortations during their modes fit in nicely with _their_ personas as well.

I would like to see some added "contact" callouts when you _fail_ a mode, and I wouldn't mind an occasional smart-ass-ish callout for a tilt or drain.

#374 6 years ago

When the magnet activates in the theatre it always drops the ball SDTM. It seems to be level, anyone know a fix?

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

When the magnet activates in the theatre it always drops the ball SDTM. It seems to be level, anyone know a fix?

Yes you need to pump up the strength of the magnet. I forget how much but do a search its been talked aboot a bunch

#376 6 years ago

Certainly glad I moved the "Visit Bob's when flashing" sign to be at a better angle.

IMG_1261 (resized).JPGIMG_1261 (resized).JPG

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Certainly glad I moved the "Visit Bob's when flashing" sign to be at a better angle.

What are the steps to do that?

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

What are the steps to do that?

Just unscrew the sign from the base, rotate it, and also take apart the sign to make it two pieces and use double sided tape to tape it to the base.

IMG_1262 (resized).JPGIMG_1262 (resized).JPG

#379 6 years ago

Did you set up the ball toss in the settings,it should toss it around like shadow and all the Di I have seen are not set correctly out of the box and just grab and drop and that only happens once in a while

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

That (better) orientation creates a potential ball trap. I did something similar, but faced it with a piece of clear so an airball couldn't get caught there.

#381 6 years ago

I set my theater magnet to (-80) but I've heard others setting it as high as (-100). Make sure you are adjusting into the negative (minus) on those numbers and you should have your magnet working great.

#382 6 years ago

I never had to adjust my magnet. It's always worked perfectly out of the box. The only adjustment I made was to reduce extra balls and score awards. I'll see what my magnet was set to by default. Mine is even steeper than any others I've played, and I've yet to see it fail to throw the ball around.

#383 6 years ago

With mylar over the theater magnet mine was at -90. After removing the mylar I had to change it -135 to get it to work.

#384 6 years ago

What playfield angle are you using? 6.5, 6, less?

#385 6 years ago

I'm a factory 6.5 or a little more for my games.

#386 6 years ago

What playfield angle are you using? 6.5, 6, less?

I think it's cool that Dialed In comes preset to 6.5 degrees with all levelers down. Out of the box, it's the "right" angle.

#387 6 years ago

Mine's at 6.8

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think it's cool that Dialed In comes preset to 6.5 degrees with all levelers down. Out of the box, it's the "right" angle.

Yeah I've never tried this but I keep hearing it. Is it true because JJP set up info does not claim it.

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I've never tried this but I keep hearing it. Is it true because JJP set up info does not claim it.

I was claimed at the launch of the machine by JJP.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

the "right" angle being the pitch used by Lawlor to design the game - so you can adjust it, sure, but there may be consequences

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh...not on their website or any info i got with the game. I got the day off tomorrow i'll give it a test.

#392 6 years ago

Any word on when the physical owner manuals will be ready to ship?

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Any word on when the physical owner manuals will be ready to ship?

nothing yet, but they did update the website to Manual version 2.0

seems to be missing the rules and gameplay section, but the rest seems to be there.

#394 6 years ago

I am supposed to receive my Dialed In end of this month/early next month...anyone know if they newest builds have protectors at both the SIM hole and phone scoop, or just the SIM hole?

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I am supposed to receive my Dialed In end of this month/early next month...anyone know if they newest builds have protectors at both the SIM hole and phone scoop, or just the SIM hole?

SIM only on mine.

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

SIM only on mine.

Same. Mine was born on August 10th and it came with a sim Cliffy style protector but not one on the phone scoop.

#397 6 years ago

With the phone scoop installed, the shot is harder to hit, which I kind of like since it was too easy without it. Sim card is the same with or without the protector.

#398 6 years ago

I put a protector in the phone scoop, but it wouldn't stay flat no matter how much I adjusted it. Made the shot much more difficult so I removed it. I then cut mylar to create a protector just like the metal one I removed. Shot plays like it should and the hole is holding up very well. No damage.

#399 6 years ago

The scoop protector didn't change the shot at all on mine. You just have to make sure you install it so it lays flat. Make sure you don't over tighten the posts down or it will cause the protector to bow a bit. You also have to make sure that it's aligned perfectly with the posts to avoid twisting.

When installed correctly, the scoop protector won't alter your shot at all. Kickback still goes into the scoop, and you can make it with any of the three flippers.

#400 6 years ago

The phone scoop protector made it harder on mine, and even worse as the protector deformed from ball hits. It's worse than it looks in the pic as the top is dented which you can't see real well in the pic. The right side got it worse which I blamed on the mini post, could be wrong, but replaced that post with sleeve like the one to the left of the scoop and removed the protector. Much better now.
The ball kept getting hung up on the skill shot protector, so it had to go as well.
Sim hole protector is great and so is the one for the trough.
No clue what that other one in the kit was for. Shaped like a V and maybe 2 inches long.

20170912_154843 (resized).jpg20170912_154843 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 22.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/8?hl=vidiotgt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.