IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 273.
#4401 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Still waiting the manual. Do I need to ask them?

I don't believe they have shipped any yet. Should be soon.

LTG : )

#4402 5 years ago

So I will ask for me.
I think that form of warranty is illegal. A warranty should follow the product it is sensed to cover and not the buyer

They may do it out of goodwill, but the warranty states it does not transfer between owners.

#4403 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

They may do it out of goodwill, but the warranty states it does not transfer between owners.

True but they usually go beyond what the warranty says ....

#4404 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Agreed.

More importantly, this is the second post I've seen about that trap door flap breaking. I'm assuming its just a coincidence, but is there anything we should be doing to lessen the chance of that happening?

#4405 5 years ago

My trap flap is about to die... it’s half way cracked. Seems like it may be a flawed design

#4406 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My trap flap is about to die... it’s half way cracked. Seems like it may be a flawed design

That sucks. It seems like a tough thing to replace. I wonder where the failure point is. It would be nice to know if there was something that could be done in advance, like reinforcing the underside somehow.

#4407 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That sucks. It seems like a tough thing to replace. I wonder where the failure point is. It would be nice to know if there was something that could be done in advance, like reinforcing the underside somehow.

38A1138C-AED2-431B-9652-FB32CB836675 (resized).jpeg38A1138C-AED2-431B-9652-FB32CB836675 (resized).jpegED5391A5-BEDA-4F98-984A-43C4F5EB8512 (resized).jpegED5391A5-BEDA-4F98-984A-43C4F5EB8512 (resized).jpeg
#4408 5 years ago

I just realized That I should have registered my game, what I didn’t. I think I can wait for a long time for JJP response...

#4409 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Exactly, they do it out of goodwill. They, by the warranty, do not need to.

#4410 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Exactly, they do it out of goodwill. They, by the warranty, do not need to.

They need to if they want to keep selling machines. $9K and the game has lots of design flaws and defects - if they don't stand behind the game who is going to buy the next one?

#4411 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

They need to if they want to keep selling machines. $9K and the game has lots of design flaws and defects - if they don't stand behind the game who is going to buy the next one?

The same operators who have been, the people who understand that these games all need work on arrival, not the people who want the pinball equivalent of a trailer queen.

#4412 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

The same operators who have been, the people who understand that these games all need work on arrival, not the people who want the pinball equivalent of a trailer queen.

LOL What the heck is a trailer queen?

#4413 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL What the heck is a trailer queen?

cargument, trailer queen is the super clean car that never sees the road and only moves in a trailer so it stays perfect.

#4414 5 years ago

If you back the flap with a thin piece of Mylar it may preserve the longevity of its function from fatigue, if not it will at least help protect your PF from scarring where it hits the PF.

#4415 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

cargument, trailer queen is the super clean car that never sees the road and only moves in a trailer so it stays perfect.

LOL. NOT what I was thinking at all

#4416 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Design flaw,or cheap steel is being used?

#4417 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Design flaw,or cheap steel is being used?

its the same spring steel thats been used for decades. .006" if I recall. They have broken in the past, and will break in the future.

#4418 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

its the same spring steel thats been used for decades. .006" if I recall. They have broken in the past, and will break in the future.

So the trap door on Fun House was breaking after a few hundred plays? Those things took thousands of plays to break, if they did at all. All steel is not the same, my friend.

#4419 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

So the trap door on Fun House was breaking after a few hundred plays? Those things took thousands of plays to break, if they did at all. All steel is not the same, my friend.

some likely did, most did not. Some DI have had broken flaps, most do not.

#4420 5 years ago

Couple thousand plays on mine and the flap is fine.

#4421 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

If you back the flap with a thin piece of Mylar it may preserve the longevity of its function from fatigue, if not it will at least help protect your PF from scarring where it hits the PF.

I was thinking the same thing. Do you think the stress comes from the trap door closing and always hitting the same place or the ball rolling over it? Either way, I wonder if a mylar strip would help absord and distribute the stress just a little.

Does anyone know if that is easy to get to, or do you have to take off one or more ramps? It kind of looks like you have to remove ramps.

#4422 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Does anyone know if that is easy to get to, or do you have to take off one or more ramps? It kind of looks like you have to remove ramps.

Comes out easily from below. With the new flap on it's longer. Move some stuff to wiggle it in from the top.

#4423 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

or do you have to take off one or more ramps? It kind of looks like you have to remove ramps.

Oh hell no, I cut a piece into shape then pulled the PF forward onto their rest brackets and used a needle nose and my finger to stick the mylar under the flap. In addition I also put a small piece where the flap meets the PF onto the PF itself and extended the mylar 1/4" past the flap towards the front and 1/4" past towards the rear.

#4424 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Comes out easily from below. With the new flap on it's longer. Move some stuff to wiggle it in from the top.

Sorry. I thought you meant to replace the flap, not install mylar.

#4425 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did JJP update the ramp flap used on the trap door at some point? If so is it known when the switch to a longer ramp flap was made?

#4426 5 years ago

Oh hell no, I cut a piece into shape then pulled the PF forward onto their rest brackets and used a needle nose and my finger to stick the mylar under the flap. In addition I also put a small piece where the flap meets the PF onto the PF itself and extended the mylar 1/4" past the flap towards the front and 1/4" past towards the rear.

I wasn’t looking at the area when I posted. My mistake. It looks like you need to remove the wireform though. Am I wrong? Or are you saying that with the playfield extended you can get it from the side?

#4427 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Did JJP update the ramp flap used on the trap door at some point? If so is it known when the switch to a longer ramp flap was made?

No. I was referring to taking the trap door out of the game with the flap broken off as opposed to sticking the trap door back in after you rivet on a new flap.

#4428 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Or are you saying that with the playfield extended you can get it from the side

That's exactly what I did.

#4429 5 years ago

so does the theatre drop the ball STM much?

#4430 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

so does the theatre drop the ball STM much?

Mine does! I have been reading that you can adjust the magnet to correct this, but I haven't had luck. I am hoping someone can elaborate on the settings.

#4431 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Mine does! I have been reading that you can adjust the magnet to correct this, but I haven't had luck. I am hoping someone can elaborate on the settings.

#4432 5 years ago

yep -90 to anywhere up to -120

#4433 5 years ago

I slowly wound mine back to -22 delay with testing. LE no 545, so earlish build. I would go slow.

#4434 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I slowly wound mine back to -22 delay with testing. LE no 545, so earlish build. I would go slow.

I think default is - 80 !!

#4435 5 years ago

Got my game st 7.2 so my theater magnet works best at -135. I never get any sdtm .....

#4436 5 years ago

yep -90 to anywhere up to -120

-90 and I still get a fair amount of SDTM drops. It's the one thing that really makes this game frustrating to me.

#4437 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

-90 and I still get a fair amount of SDTM drops. It's the one thing that really makes this game frustrating to me.

increase it (the negative lol), I had to go to -120

#4438 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

OH YA! Ive missed a bunch of sim cards because of it. Maddening

#4439 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I think default is - 80 !!

It came at zero. No sling at all. -22 just flicks it back for a nice easy set shot at the ramp.

#4440 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

It came at zero. No sling at all. -22 just flicks it back for a nice easy set shot at the ramp.

Weird.. default is -80

#4441 5 years ago

One other question. I assume this had no effect on ball travel so you can still make the full left orbit, is that right?

#4442 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

One other question. I assume this had no effect on ball travel so you can still make the full left orbit, is that right?

correct the mylar is only 2mil, it had zero effect on the ball speed and travel. Just be sure as not to cover the hole under the trap door.

#4443 5 years ago

Hey guys. I ordered an LE today. I’m really late in joining this club but I’m super stoked! Can’t wait to have this in my collection.

Reading 89 pages in this thread will take a while... Would some of you please give me your advice on any recommended/needed protection & any great mods for this awesome game? The only one I know I’ve read about many times is the SIM cliffy. Have some of you installed a topper? Maybe the laseriffic? Your thoughts? I’m assuming picking up a CE topper is a no go.

Thanks in advance

#4444 5 years ago

Holy shit! Changed my flippers up a bit from the stock settings and man is this game 1000% better!

Finally feeling like I'm connecting the shots I want, and not having as many balls reject or roll back down the ramp. Also turned the slings down a few points, and now the ball doesn't rocket off the sling into the outlane. Now you actually have a fighting chance!

First game with the new setting, I spelled DIALED for this first time! I think I also had one more letter in the queue before I drained!

#4445 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Reading 89 pages in this thread will take a while... Would some of you please give me your advice on any recommended/needed protection & any great mods for this awesome game?

That's why there are key posts, top of the page just under the topic gallery.

#4446 5 years ago

What is the average response time limit of the JJP tech support when a ticket is opened? Thanks

#4447 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

That's why there are key posts, top of the page just under the topic gallery.

Of course I looked at the topic index..
And there's nothing about any of the questions I asked dude

#4448 5 years ago

What is the average response time limit of the JJP tech support when a ticket is opened? Thanks

Usually a day or two.

#4449 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Of course I looked at the topic index..
And there's nothing about any of the questions I asked dude

Oh, ok, sorry. I thought maybe you didn't know about it.

#4450 5 years ago

The magnet setting has nothing to do with sdtm drops. You need to raise the back right leg a few turns and the ball will fall to the left flipper. This was discussed on the jjp forum and was a suggestion from the designer. The magnet does not consistently throw the ball back on any setting, at least on my game. More often than not, it will drop the ball to the left flipper.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/89 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.