Topic Stats

• 9,055 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Mageek
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DI CLIP (resized).jpg
DI1 (resized).jpg
DI2 (resized).jpg
DI4 (resized).jpg
69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg
568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg
diflash (resized).jpg
99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg
di-decals-sample (resized).jpg
decals4 (resized).jpg
decals2 (resized).jpg
decals1 (resized).jpg
decals0 (resized).jpg
E7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpeg
20190828_143115 (resized).jpg
20190814_142930 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 9055 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 182.
#4351 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Not there but just above that on the wire ramp just above the middle rightmost drone above shooter lane (didn’t take a picture) but impossible to shake free.

My location is impossible to shake free as well. The good thing is that it only happens during my best games.

#4352 1 year ago

Is it too late to join the club? I have references. Fantastic game! Notice the two Pingulps, I’m going to need them as this game is much more challenging than I first thought.

image (resized).jpg

#4353 1 year ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I’m going to need them as this game is much more challenging than I first thought.

Congrats! And agreed. This game isn’t a drain monster, but it is a challenge to do well. The more I understand the rules and get the shot geometry and flow, the better I do. But I still have so far to go .....

#4354 1 year ago

It’s so much fun!!!!!

#4355 1 year ago

First time ever, I completed 8 modes, but unfortunately didn't have it in me to collect all (SIM memory on).

I got to "E" and blew it!

Such a good game!

#4356 1 year ago

Heck when this game was announced I was like meh, played it on location it was ok. Now that I have it home it’s one of the best imo.

#4357 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Heck when this game was announced I was like meh, played it on location it was ok. Now that I have it home it’s one of the best imo.

I tried to tell u and many others.... glad u gave it a chance.

#4358 1 year ago

What are the four LEDs on the apron for? Just decoration? I’ve seen videos of people putting their phones there with the app on, but I don’t think the LEDs themselves do anything. Do they?

#4359 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I don’t think the LEDs themselves do anything. Do they?

They were intended to let you know to put your cell phone there.

LTG : )

#4360 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

They were intended to let you know to put your cell phone there.

Thanks. That’s what I figured.

#4361 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I tried to tell u and many others.... glad u gave it a chance.

I know, I suppose the whole not licensed theme was a bit of a drag. But while I still miss my LotR (feel like it is a special pin, but I didn't want to play it as much as my others) so trading/upgrading to DI is not so bad. I probably played more DI in one week than I played LotR in 6 months.

#4362 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I know, I suppose the whole not licensed theme was a bit of a drag. But while I still miss my LotR (feel like it is a special pin, but I didn't want to play it as much as my others) so trading/upgrading to DI is not so bad. I probably played more DI in one week than I played LotR in 6 months.

and just wait until the next update drops......

#4363 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Can’t agree more...it’s so good. You feel like you are gambling at times; do I cash in or go for more....
complete a mode, lite a SIM card, forgo Multiball to get another mode started to then go for Multiball and then go after the SIM card. Hold or use the Big Bang on a mode. ....and when you use it hope for a good richochet into the SIM card.

#4364 1 year ago

So is the shot geometry really different on this game or have I just been too addicted to GOT and it’s me? I’ve been really struggling with the flipper angles and general shot execution to where my games have been quite embarassing. Is this normal? I think it’s because I’ve been playing a GOT pro for 2 hours a day for 6 weeks straight.

#4365 1 year ago
Quoted from Chisox:

So is the shot geometry really different on this game or have I just been too addicted to GOT and it’s me? I’ve been really struggling with the flipper angles and general shot execution to where my games have been quite embarassing. Is this normal? I think it’s because I’ve been playing a GOT pro for 2 hours a day for 6 weeks straight.

It took me 1.5-2 weeks to get a feel for the shots. Not sure why. Maybe just new pin syndrome. I’m now pretty good with the theater, left ramp and left orbit. I’m also pretty good with the side ramp. The right ramp is still a very tight shot for me. When modes require it early on, I try to rely on Big Bang, which is also a tight shot, but at least I only have to make it once.

#4366 1 year ago

How do you forgo multiball?

#4367 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

How do you forgo multiball?

Press both flippers at the same time, you will see that on the phone. However, you can only defer once. (At least I don't know of any other way. That being said, there is so much complexity to the underlying rules I would not be surprised if there were other ways to delay it.)

#4368 1 year ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Press both flippers at the same time, you will see that on the phone. However, you can only defer once. (At least I don't know of any other way. That being said, there is so much complexity to the underlying rules I would not be surprised if there were other ways to delay it.)

Pressing both flippers will also bypass some animations.

#4369 1 year ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

May not need to be said but JIC.
You need to do the double flipper action right when you qualify multiball. If you wait too long you can't defer it. Also if you have deferred the multiball and you drain, the Multiball deferral is over and must be played before you can start another mode.

In general I give a couple of double taps when I lock a ball, because it is fun and because it defers multiball.

#4370 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What are the four LEDs on the apron for? Just decoration? I’ve seen videos of people putting their phones there with the app on, but I don’t think the LEDs themselves do anything. Do they?

I had read that JJP was experimenting with Near Field Communication (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-field_communication) before they changed over to BlueTooth. I assume that’s because NFC requires the phone to basically be ON the glass without moving, and would have made the whole thing kinda pointless. I can play DI from my kitchen upstairs using BlueTooth! (Ok.. not WELL..)

#4371 1 year ago

Just got to Chaos In Quantum City for the second time. This time I paid more attention to the mode. Man, what a rush! The light show is great, and I was in the zone, just hitting ramp after ramp. At some point, I looked up to check my score, and drained in the process. Reminded me of the Kenny Rogers song: "You never count your money while you're sittin' at the table / There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealing's done".

I do wish they would add a MB or wizard mode that allowed you to actually complete an objective. I love the Battle the Wicked Witch wizard mode in WOZ, for instance. It is so tough, but when you melt the witch, it is a great feeling, and you are awarded with a 5 ball victory MB. Of course, in WOZ there really aren't modes like in DI, so perhaps that evens things out.

#4372 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just got to Chaos In Quantum City for the second time. This time I paid more attention to the mode. Man, what a rush! The light show is great, and I was in the zone, just hitting ramp after ramp. At some point, I looked up to check my score, and drained in the process. Reminded me of the Kenny Rogers song: "You never count your money while you're sittin' at the table / There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealing's done".
I do wish they would add a MB or wizard mode that allowed you to actually complete an objective. I love the Battle the Wicked Witch wizard mode in WOZ, for instance. It is so tough, but when you melt the witch, it is a great feeling, and you are awarded with a 5 ball victory MB. Of course, in WOZ there really aren't modes like in DI, so perhaps that evens things out.

Agreed. CIQC is a cool looking mode, but after you've been to it a load of times, you almost dread it. There is nothing but points to collect, and I find it breaks my focus on the actual task of getting to Armageddon and Showdown. If they don't make it a mode with completion in the net update, hopefully they'll at least make the SIM cards attainable.

#4373 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Agreed. CIQC is a cool looking mode, but after you've been to it a load of times, you almost dread it. There is nothing but points to collect, and I find it breaks my focus on the actual task of getting to Armageddon and Showdown. If they don't make it a mode with completion in the net update, hopefully they'll at least make the SIM cards attainable.

I hope they add a goal (end) to the mode would make it more satisfying (not that I've been to it yet, but just in theory).

#4374 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yeah, it almost feels like an amped up version of Under Attack. It would be cool if it started with some goal to achieve, like stop four attacks with three balls, and only if you made the goal would it turn into a victory 5 ball free for all. Either that or make the Under Attack MB more objective based.

#4375 1 year ago

Had my best game last night... Not my best score, but I collected 5 SIMs and had a score of 2 million on my first ball.

Then... Pinball happened! Ended game with 5 SIMs and 2.7 million

Showdown is tough!!! I'll get it one day

#4376 1 year ago

I had mine for a minute but just had the chance to upload some pics of the day I got it home NIB!! LE #50!! Sold my GBPRE for this and man am I happy I did that!

1FCEBBA4-1F3B-4F70-BACC-01E3459D7C4F (resized).jpegC49260E1-1908-4278-9B0C-30B4BB631B5A (resized).jpeg
#4377 1 year ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

The main issues with the trap door are caused by the fact that JJP is not using the adjustment tab for some reason. I try to explain it here:

Ron...

I picked up my Nib Dialed In last Thursday,and this is how the trap door is set up now,using the adjustment tab.

#4378 1 year ago

A few pics of my Dialed In LE,
Thanks to Mustang Paul for the awesome leg leds, mod father for an amazing handmade plunger, Scott at Pinstadium and Mezel mods and cointaker.
Awesome game

0CF8D6A0-E52B-4530-A226-050352E58F21 (resized).jpeg466EC3C7-65F1-481D-AE38-3B1DFFE1AC43 (resized).jpeg674E2899-CB86-4AD7-8E87-57592E559F0B (resized).jpeg7AC58A9E-BD7D-4BA2-949E-7873557A0FB2 (resized).jpegF24EC4FA-A2B7-42D4-9589-7EC5396D9E0F (resized).jpeg
#4379 1 year ago

Just had my best game yet! Was two modes away from Armageddon. I felt like I couldn’t lose, until of course, I did. But, still, it was awesome. I love some of the later modes. Hit a new GC score of 1.8 million. What an amazing pin!

#4380 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just had my best game yet! Was two modes away from Armageddon. I felt like I couldn’t lose, until of course, I did. But, still, it was awesome. I love some of the later modes. Hit a new GC score of 1.8 million. What an amazing pin!

Yup, it's a phenomenal game once you get it flowing.

You'll reach it soon enough! It's a pretty awesome rush.

I played one more game tonight and again collected 5 SIM cards. Should have had 7, but really f'd up hitting Big Bang.

Can someone explain what shots are needed to complete the mode with the scuba diver?

#4381 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can someone explain what shots are needed to complete the mode with the scuba diver?

I was wondering that too. I’ve completed it twice. It ends with a shot to the side ramp. However, other shots are lit. Are they just for points until you can get the side ramp, or do they add to the value of the side ramp shop?

Also,what are the rules for acid rain cloud?

#4382 1 year ago

My machine (2 days old) is making a hissing/static sound out of my speakers. It starts when the machine is booting up and is most noticeable when the machine is idling between games. It has made this noise since it was unboxed. I did a search of this thread and didn’t find anyone else having this issue. Any ideas for a quick fix before I call/e-mail JJP?

#4383 1 year ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Any ideas for a quick fix before I call/e-mail JJP?

Isolation transformer. Call JJP for one.

#4384 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Isolation transformer. Call JJP for one.

Thanks Lloyd.

#4385 1 year ago
Quoted from Chisox:

My machine (2 days old) is making a hissing/static sound out of my speakers. It starts when the machine is booting up and is most noticeable when the machine is idling between games. It has made this noise since it was unboxed. I did a search of this thread and didn’t find anyone else having this issue. Any ideas for a quick fix before I call/e-mail JJP?

If JJP are slow you can also buy one yourself. I got this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LYYRT7M/ref=pe_1909131_77695521_tnp_email_TE_Cardp_1
No more hissing!

#4386 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I was wondering that too. I’ve completed it twice. It ends with a shot to the side ramp. However, other shots are lit. Are they just for points until you can get the side ramp, or do they add to the value of the side ramp shop?

Also,what are the rules for acid rain cloud?

Yes - Scuba guy only requires the side ramp. Similar to Worm Hole in ST:TNG, the other shots increase the value.

Acid Rain only requires left ramp shots. Pop bumpers increase the value to a certain point.

#4387 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Acid Rain only requires left ramp shots. Pop bumpers increase the value to a certain point.

Making left ramp count as 2 bump in jets. You can avoid 3 left ramp by going into the jets and make 6 bump.

#4388 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

More
If JJP are slow you can also buy one yourself. I got this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LYYRT7M/ref=pe_1909131_77695521_tnp_email_TE_Cardp_1
No more hissing!

Just buy one . JJP support will eventually get to it (they are great!), but great service is SLOW, and they seem to be overwhelmed right now as far as shipping parts is concerned. I would imagine it’s all hands on deck on the POTC line

#4389 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I had read that JJP was experimenting with Near Field Communication (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-field_communication) before they changed over to BlueTooth. I assume that’s because NFC requires the phone to basically be ON the glass without moving, and would have made the whole thing kinda pointless. I can play DI from my kitchen upstairs using BlueTooth! (Ok.. not WELL..)

I really, really wish I could get my phone app to work (android). I had trouble with it from the beginning and got it to connect and work one time, then never again. As soon as I open the app I have the spinning wheel of infinity saying it is trying to connect. I'm supposed to have to hold down the left flipper button on the app to make that happen, but it goes right to it. I have posted on the JJP forum with others with this same problem and no help or response. My reason for it is pretty important ... I have a friend that is paralyzed in one arm (got hit by a drunk driver while riding his bike 20 years ago) and he uses his left knee for the left flipper. Does okay, but every time he comes over I try to get the app working for him with no success. I showed it to JJP Eric M. at Level 257 and he said he would talk to someone about it, but no response. Since most have success, did anyone have to overcome this issue? If so, how is it solved? Yes, Bluetooth is turned on, but the app seems to want to connect on it's own as soon as it starts.

#4390 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I really, really wish I could get my phone app to work (android). I had trouble with it from the beginning and got it to connect and work one time, then never again. As soon as I open the app I have the spinning wheel of infinity saying it is trying to connect. I'm supposed to have to hold down the left flipper button on the app to make that happen, but it goes right to it. I have posted on the JJP forum with others with this same problem and no help or response. My reason for it is pretty important ... I have a friend that is paralyzed in one arm (got hit by a drunk driver while riding his bike 20 years ago) and he uses his left knee for the left flipper. Does okay, but every time he comes over I try to get the app working for him with no success. I showed it to JJP Eric M. at Level 257 and he said he would talk to someone about it, but no response. Since most have success, did anyone have to overcome this issue? If so, how is it solved? Yes, Bluetooth is turned on, but the app seems to want to connect on it's own as soon as it starts.

its finicky, there is no need to hold a button to link the game. with the game on, make sure the phone is on with bluetooth enabled. start the app. it will attempt to attach to the game. If it connects then you hold the flipper prior to plunging the first ball of any player who will use BT. if payer one is using BT, load game normally, before they plunge hold flipper button, it should says welcome. player 2 would do the same before they plunge ball one if they were going to use BT. It's the initial connection that seems flaky, Once it links to the game attaching the player is usually not an issue. Turn off or delay as long as possible your phone screen timing out. seems that going into screen off mode messes up the BT working in game.

#4391 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

More
its finicky, there is no need to hold a button to link the game. with the game on, make sure the phone is on with bluetooth enabled. start the app. it will attempt to attach to the game. If it connects then you hold the flipper prior to plunging the first ball of any player who will use BT. if payer one is using BT, load game normally, before they plunge hold flipper button, it should says welcome. player 2 would do the same before they plunge ball one if they were going to use BT. It's the initial connection that seems flaky, Once it links to the game attaching the player is usually not an issue. Turn off or delay as long as possible your phone screen timing out. seems that going into screen off mode messes up the BT working in game.

Respectfully, the only way I could get the game to connect to my phone (iPhone 7 I think) was to hold BOTH the left game flipper button and the left button in the app. Works every single time now.

Also, you may need to fully close the app by double-clicking the home button and swiping up (I think this works on recent Android versions too). Or completely restart your phone. I have to do this all the time now with other apps

#4392 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

More
Respectfully, the only way I could get the game to connect to my phone (iPhone 7 I think) was to hold BOTH the left game flipper button and the left button in the app. Works every single time now.
Also, you may need to fully close the app by double-clicking the home button and swiping up (I think this works on recent Android versions too). Or completely restart your phone. I have to do this all the time now with other apps

yes, this is to link the connected phone to the game position, not to make the phone attach to the game itself. The finicky part is ususally getting the game and phone to link in the first place, Not getting a connected phone to work for a player.

#4393 1 year ago

Hi there,
I would like to have an advise.
I traded my DILE. The new owner has broken the flap of the trapdoor.
Can it be changed? Does JJP send a new flap or eventually the whole assembly bracket? Does he need to open a ticket and if yes how to do?
Thanks all.

#4394 1 year ago

Yes.

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Does JJP send a new flap

Yes but won't be under warranty.

Does he need to open a ticket and if yes how to do?

jerseyjackpinball.com look for Support - Help Desk.

Remove old rivets, install new flap using new rivets.

#4395 1 year ago

Why not under warranty?
I bought it NIB

#4396 1 year ago

Why not under warranty?

I traded my DILE. The new owner has broken the flap of the trapdoor.

Warranty doesn't transfer to new owner.

#4397 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Warranty doesn't transfer to new owner.

So I will ask for me.

I think that form of warranty is illegal. A warranty should follow the product it is sensed to cover and not the buyer

#4398 1 year ago

I think that form of warranty is illegal.

Not in this country. And written very clearly in the rear of the manual.

#4399 1 year ago

Just putting up some more praise about JJP. Had an issue with one of my parts, and replacement is being arranged.

Excellent service once again!

And this is why JJP will get my money next, and not CGC

#4400 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not in this country. And written very clearly in the rear of the manual.

Still waiting the manual. Do I need to ask them?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 21.00
There are 9055 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside