IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 273.
#4251 5 years ago

Officially in the Club as of yesterday. LE #998 is arriving next Thursday. I can't be more excited!

#4252 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Picked up a iron maiden pro yesterday and while its fun with neat layout.... di is so much better playing and just has so much more to it. The stern pin just feels cheap and very very basic compared to jjp pins. I know its the pro but even the premium /le sterns dont hold a candle to jjp imo. Both have their places but ill gladly pay 8k + for jjp pins.

I have both too, I’m not so sure di is that much better, not $4k better. I’m definitely playing more Iron Maiden right now, maybe because it’s newer. Maiden plays very smooth, has a lot of shots and seems to have a good rule set, animations are great as is the sound and art.

#4253 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have both too, I’m not so sure di is that much better, not $4k better. I’m definitely playing more Iron Maiden right now, maybe because it’s newer. Maiden plays very smooth, has a lot of shots and seems to have a good rule set, animations are great as is the sound and art.

Its good and unique but nothing special imo... pro iron m is 5600-5700 and premium is 7300 and di is 7500-8 for a standard which still has much more to offer for not much more . Just a huge difference in quality and detail between the company's pins from what i can see now that i have my first spike game. Dont get me wromg maiden is fun but cld have been amazing with a little more b.o.m.

#4254 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dont get me wromg maiden is fun but cld have been amazing with a little more b.o.m.

That's a statement I would apply to every stern since about 2008.

#4255 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its good and unique but nothing special imo... pro iron m is 5600-5700 and premium is 7300 and di is 7500-8 for a standard which still has much more to offer for not much more . Just a huge difference in quality and detail between the company's pins from what i can see now that i have my first spike game. Dont get me wromg maiden is fun but cld have been amazing with a little more b.o.m.

I have DILE and IMDNLE, and DI wins on quality and bang for your buck (no pun intended) hands down. On gameplay, they are completely different machines. DI is classic lawlor smooth stop and go, while IMdn is speed and flow with difficult ramps. The loops on imdn are insanely fast and fun. One is not better than the other when it comes to gameplay, which is most important imo.

#4256 5 years ago

LE on it's way to me. Things I need to do from skimming this long post is remove mylar from the magnets, install cliffy protesters and change the balls.
Anything else?

#4257 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

LE on it's way to me. Things I need to do from skimming this long post is remove mylar from the magnets, install cliffy protesters and change the balls.
Anything else?

I'm thinking about getting Plastic Protectors for my machine. I'm not sure which brand I should get.I did email Pinbits to see if they plan on making them,but I haven't heard back from them.

#4258 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Probably why Stern is making big bucks and everyone else is struggling to survive.

snaroff

#4259 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Anything else?

You'll likely have to adjust your coil strength on each flipper and the scoop eject after you update the code. You'll want to adjust the theatre magnet too. Aside from that, I would recommend doing the trap door adjustment tab to avoid problems later on.

Actually, here's one of my previous posts:

------------

It doesn't need that much adjusting, and it's absolutely wonderful that you can adjust coils etc. If you buy a DI, you should do the following:

- Record the factory coil adjustments when you first turn on the game. The factory adjusts the coils so that the game plays well. Take a picture of the coil strengths.
- Play the game and make sure the theatre throws the ball back with pretty good velocity when it's supposed to. If not, adjust. See other threads on this.
- Your phone eject will likely be too powerful. Lower the coil strength until the ball burps out and hits the slingshot. Then add more strength until it lands on the flipper nicely.
- Lower the power of the left flipper to save wear and tear on the phone scoop and surrounding area. Lower it until you can't make the right ramp and raise it up until you easily can with pretty good velocity. This should prevent a lot of the air balls from this flipper.
- Add some oil/grease to the underside of the arm diverter, on the flat metal surface that the oblong rotator rubs against. It is metal on metal and grinds a dust over time. A LITTLE oil/grease helps with this.
- Cut the mylar around the theatre magnet. I haven't done this yet as the ball is cutting it for me. It likely won't be as smooth this way though :\
- Adjust the tab on the trap door. There is a youtube video on this:

I always expect adjustments with any machine, and I'm VERY happy that JJP has embraced this. The mylar is a pain, but the rest is great!

#4260 5 years ago

The trap door problem is fixed, part of the problem is metal flap on the trap door snapped off and got suck in the subway. What's the best way to repair this, and would it cause damage to play in this condition in the meantime?

0526181613 (resized).jpg0526181613 (resized).jpg

0526181613a (resized).jpg0526181613a (resized).jpg

#4261 5 years ago

What are the main reasons to link my phone thru Bluetooth . I dont really have any interest in controlling the flippers thru it.

#4262 5 years ago
Quoted from geoncic:

The trap door problem is fixed, part of the problem is metal flap on the trap door snapped off and got suck in the subway. What's the best way to repair this, and would it cause damage to play in this condition in the meantime?

Rivet a new flap on it.

Please go to jerseyjackpinball.com and open a ticket under Support on the help desk.

Won't really damage the game playing it. Balls may get stuck on it.

LTG : )

#4263 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I have DILE and IMDNLE, and DI wins on quality and bang for your buck (no pun intended) hands down. On gameplay, they are completely different machines. DI is classic lawlor smooth stop and go, while IMdn is speed and flow with difficult ramps. The loops on imdn are insanely fast and fun. One is not better than the other when it comes to gameplay, which is most important imo.

Ive had dile for almost year now with thousands of plays and stiill love it or more than the first 6 monthes. Madien is a great shooter but its missing that special felling that so mamy b/w pins and jjp pins have imo. I dont see it making it the long haul just like every other sterm pin i have owned. However it is the best pin from stern since twdp and met imo .

#4264 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Quoted from snaroff:

Probably why Stern is making big bucks and everyone else is struggling to survive.
snaroff

Both true lol

#4265 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Gary (resized).jpgGary (resized).jpg

#4266 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Picked up a iron maiden pro yesterday and while its fun with neat layout.... di is so much better playing and just has so much more to it. The stern pin just feels cheap and very very basic compared to jjp pins. I know its the pro but even the premium /le sterns dont hold a candle to jjp imo. Both have their places but ill gladly pay 8k + for jjp pins.

I get what you're saying.. Even the remakes feel cheapish compared to JJP or original Bally Williams. But in the end I still love em.

#4267 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I'm thinking about getting Plastic Protectors for my machine. I'm not sure which brand I should get.I did email Pinbits to see if they plan on making them,but I haven't heard back from them.

I made a set of templates for D.I. for Pam at Pinbits about a year ago and she said that she was going to make protectors. Never heard a word from her since. Did the same thing for the Hobbit prior to that and she quickly made them available. Don’t know what’s happening there.

#4268 5 years ago

I bought protectors from mezel mods and they look great.

#4269 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Rivet a new flap on it.
Please go to jerseyjackpinball.com and open a ticket under Support on the help desk.
Won't really damage the game playing it. Balls may get stuck on it.

Thank you so much for the quick response! I submitted a ticket. A good opportunity for me to learn some riveting skills. Ha

0526181613 (resized).jpg0526181613 (resized).jpg

0526181613a (resized).jpg0526181613a (resized).jpg

#4270 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Thank you,I'm going to order a set.

#4271 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

What color did you go for? Did they improve the look of the game, if so how?

#4272 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ive had dile for almost year now with thousands of plays and stiill love it or more than the first 6 monthes. Madien is a great shooter but its missing that special felling that so mamy b/w pins and jjp pins have imo. I dont see it making it the long haul just like every other sterm pin i have owned. However it is the best pin from stern since twdp and met imo .

I agree with you with regard to quality, but not gameplay. I have always disliked stern - at least for the last decade - but some of their games have great gameplay. LOTR and IM come to mind. I see imdn as black knight 2000 meets Ironman, and I don’t see it as just another passing stern. Elwin’s design is too damn good, even with the stern cheapness. At least the imdns have service rails, metal ramps and metal lamp brackets etc. my le has a metal lighted apron too. I actually don’t mind the latch system for the lockdown bar. For once, I have very little to complain about except maybe bang for buck.

#4273 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

What are the main reasons to link my phone thru Bluetooth . I dont really have any interest in controlling the flippers thru it.

Only other thing besides flipper control is the Big Bang button, which when Big Bang is lit will trigger it. I’ve paired mine once or twice since I’ve had it but it doesn’t really add anything.

#4274 5 years ago
Quoted from MrDucks:

Only other thing besides flipper control is the Big Bang button, which when Big Bang is lit will trigger it. I’ve paired mine once or twice since I’ve had it but it doesn’t really add anything.

I find it way harder to play on the phone. The level of control you have is diminished, and you don’t get that tactile sense. That said, the app is flawless in execution, without any lag. It is a cool feature that may be appealing for some, but probably not for most pinheads.

#4275 5 years ago
Quoted from MrDucks:

Thanks! I was hoping their was more to it

#4276 5 years ago

I noticed my middle drone wasn't spinning. In coil test, it flashes but doesn't spin. Both others do. I noticed an on/off switch on the side of the drone, is this just decoration? Any ideas? obviously power to it because of the flashers in it working. Thanks

#4277 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I noticed my middle drone wasn't spinning.

Try the switch. See if the propellers are pushed down too far.

#4278 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try the switch. See if the propellers are pushed down too far.

they seem to spin freely by hand. I will try the switch ..is in inside. I don't see as toggle, just the text above a slot! Thanks LTG, your always very helpful

#4279 5 years ago

I find the right ramp/loop to be an extremely tight shot. I’m always hitting the phone scoop or drones instead. It is hard to find the sweet spot for the ramp. Do others agree?

#4280 5 years ago

OOOk, this is f'kin fun! After checking my drone connections and sliding the playfield back in, this was on my floor and cant find where this popped off of. Any ideas.? BTW, drone is defective. Getting power...if i turn the blades by hand, every once in awhile it perks up for a spin.

20180527_171001 (resized).jpg20180527_171001 (resized).jpg

#4281 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

this was on my floor and cant find where this popped off of. Any ideas.?

Got a picture or anything ?

#4282 5 years ago

Here is another

20180527_172502 (resized).jpg20180527_172502 (resized).jpg

#4283 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Here is another

One of the rubber stoppers that plug into the bottom of the playfield support rails ?

#4284 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

One of the rubber stoppers that plug into the bottom of the playfield support rails ?

Not that i can see

15274580797191337426779 (resized).jpg15274580797191337426779 (resized).jpg

1527458097340149100724 (resized).jpg1527458097340149100724 (resized).jpg

#4285 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm guessing the one on front of the apron that the glass rests on...seems to like to pop off

#4286 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I'm guessing the one on front of the apron that the glass rests on...seems to like to pop off

THAT'S IT! THANKS!!
when i was looking i found this in the cab. Im guessing from the cpu case guaging from my woz but dont wanna open the bb all up and move the monitor.

1527458780692719721191 (resized).jpg1527458780692719721191 (resized).jpg

#4287 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

THAT'S IT! THANKS!!
when i was looking i found this in the cab. Im guessing from the cpu case guaging from my woz but dont wanna open the bb all up and move the monitor.

I was all up in tje undercarriage , duh

15274589915362072971758 (resized).jpg15274589915362072971758 (resized).jpg

#4288 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Screw to hold one of the coin mechs in ?

#4289 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Screw to hold one of the coin mechs in ?

Thanks, thats it. I guess i have to submit a ticlet for the drone. I appreciate all the help, you guys makr this forum great!

#4290 5 years ago

I'm still learning this pin maybe have 30 games since it's been in my collection.

I wanted to say what are some of the things I really love about it.

1) the modes are not super hard (although not easy) so I have been able to complete and collect a few SIM cards.
2) the magnets (EMP mode) that's crazy
3) the subways remind me of TZ (with Sim/Camera and the Phone/Slot machine) shot.
4) the pop bumpers (like that the ball can enter from three different ways and really like the animation on the display during the pops
5) ** LOVE ** the theatre magnet + display where the ball behaves differently depending on what is being collected (this is the greatest feature for me)
6) Selfie camera (didn't think I would like this but it's really neat)
7) the lighting is fantastic
8 ) weak flipper mode
9) Invisible glass
10) build quality and attention to detail
--

I am extremely happy with DI LE, it is better than I had expected, I played DI on location and was not blown away but from the great reviews I was sure it would grow on me in a home setting.

I love DI but so far I still think Woz has the edge might be due to the theme as well as the overall looks to me has a slight edge (Woz is one of my favorite movies) and I think I have a soft spot in my heart for wide pins (having owned TZ, IJ and STTNG) I really am glad JJP was able to bring back the super-pin concept.

#4291 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

2) the magnets (EMP mode) that's crazy

EMP is my favorite mode. First of all, I can complete it. Even though it is dangerous, it is only three shots to the theater. And, it totally keeps me on my toes. The magnet action is insane, and you can’t ever predict what path the ball will take. Super fun.

#4292 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

EMP is my favorite mode. First of all, I can complete it. Even though it is dangerous, it is only three shots to the theater. And, it totally keeps me on my toes. The magnet action is insane, and you can’t ever predict what path the ball will take. Super fun.

EMP is like power Ball mode to me. Super fun but hella dangerous. Music is great, and who doesn't like a greasy pizza delivery guy?

#4293 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

EMP is like power Ball mode to me. Super fun but hella dangerous. Music is great, and who doesn't like a greasy pizza delivery guy?

Love the pizza guy dialogue! Not sure who I like best; pizza guy, alien yokel or whirlwind trailer trash girl.

#4294 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Love the pizza guy dialogue! Not sure who I like best; pizza guy, alien yokel or whirlwind trailer trash girl.

Anita Goodman is the best!

#4295 5 years ago

Hello,
from time to time, in scorecard, the pinball machine does not make photos (yet I write my name).
In selfie mode too, it always displays the same picture.
I checked the camera works cor- rectly.
It's a software bug?

#4296 5 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
from time to time, in scorecard, the pinball machine does not make photos (yet I write my name).
In selfie mode too, it always displays the same picture.
I checked the camera works cor- rectly.
It's a software bug?

In settings, you can adjust the face recognition aspect of the camera. If it is too particular, it may not be detecting your face enough and therefore not displaying the picture. You would need to adjust it a few degrees. I’m guessing the feature prevents people from taking unseemly pictures on location.

#4297 5 years ago

Unsolicited offer for a DILE came my way yesterday. Think I’m going to get it. Now to decide if it comes home or on route. For those who have experience, Dialed In does well on route? I currently have hobbit (which I need to change out sometime. Been at location 6 months and has done pretty welll), AFMrLE, MMRLE, TNA, and SS. Other games I own which I could put in are got pro (was on route previously), met pro, SMVE, GBLE, LOTR.

Thanks for the input.

#4298 5 years ago

I just got in there and fixed my theater enter opto. However, now a new problem.

My left orbit LED light (the one for the arrow) colors are off. When I test it, white is yellow, red is red as expected, green is green as expected and blue is very dim. I suspect the dim
Blue is the problem since white requires R G and B LEDs all bright and if blue was dim that would make R and G dominant which is yellow. Also explains why the purple in alien invasion is closer to red. All other lights on that led board are functioning properly. Also the bottom pop bumper LEDs is acting the same.

Any ideas other than replacing the LED board?

For those interested in my opto issue in the theater, it had to be replace. The transmit opto was not working.

I also just tried reversing the plug into my headphone jack and now my headphones have sound in BOTH ears. 2 steps backwards but at least one step forward. Thanks LTG for that tip.

I love my Dialed In but the amount of problems in 600 or so games is getting frustrating.

On arrival:
Broken lightning bolt ( Fix - new lightning bolt)
Broken BOB sign (Fix - new sign)
Headphones have sound in one ear (Fix - connector on backwards)
Scratched invisiglass. (Fix - new invisiglass)

Later:
Mylar bubbling over theater magnet (removed Mylar over magnet)
LED-failure in phone (replaced phone)
Theater opto gone bad (replaced opto)
Now an LED not functioning on playfield and pop bumpers. (Fix unknown yet)
Looks like my middle and lower drone propellers aren’t working either. Or very sporadically even in test mode. (Fix unknown yet)

30A31A47-B20B-4018-9CC5-9B5C658CBD35 (resized).jpeg30A31A47-B20B-4018-9CC5-9B5C658CBD35 (resized).jpeg

#4299 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I just got in there and fixed my theater enter opto. However, now a new problem.
My left orbit LED light (the one for the arrow) colors are off. When I test it, white is yellow, red is red as expected, green is green as expected and blue is very dim. All other lights on that led board are functioning properly.
For those interested in my opto issue in the theater, it had to be replace. The transmit opto was not working.
I love my Dialed In but the amount of problems in 600 or so games is getting frustrating.
On arrival:
Broken lightning bolt
Broken BOB sign
Scratched invisiglass.
Later:
LEDfailure in phone
Theater opto gone bad
Now an LED not functioning on playfield
Looks like my middle drone propellers aren’t working either.

I hear ya...after I buttoned it up lastnight I decided to play a few late night games and found my headphone jack isn't working.

#4300 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

My left orbit LED light (the one for the arrow) colors are off. When I test it, white is yellow, red is red as expected, green is green as expected and blue is very dim. All other lights on that led board are functioning properly.
On arrival:
Broken lightning bolt
Broken BOB sign
Scratched invisiglass.
Later:
LEDfailure in phone
Theater opto gone bad
Now an LED not functioning on playfield
Looks like my middle drone propellers aren’t working either.

Mine had a bunch of problems initially, however after resolving them, the game has been rock solid (after 400 games or so).

snaroff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/86?hl=insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.