IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 273.
#4201 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

When was your game built? JJP has put titans on from the factory since last fall.

October 3.

#4202 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Is that right? Another plus for JJP. My game was built in February so I guess it has Titans. And here I was just debating whether to put them in, not realizing I already had them.
I’m pretty sure the flippers are regular rubbers though. Those I will likely replace.

For the flipper rubbers I would highly recommend the ones by Perfect Play. I bought some red ones for my LE and they look and play great.

#4203 5 years ago

Hey guys,
I notice on some DI that you can easily back hand the phone. On mine it’s not possible and catches the right sling.

Is there a way to adjust this? The game is MUCH easier on machines where this back hand works. On my machine the tightest it goes without hitting the sling is the post left of the scoop.

#4204 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Is that right? Another plus for JJP. My game was built in February so I guess it has Titans. And here I was just debating whether to put them in, not realizing I already had them.
I’m pretty sure the flippers are regular rubbers though. Those I will likely replace.

AFAIK, the flippers are still old rubber. The fact you couldn't tell if the rest was titan or not should be a nice endorsement of Titans feeling like real rubber.

#4205 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hey guys,
I notice on some DI that you can easily back hand the phone. On mine it’s not possible and catches the right sling.
Is there a way to adjust this? The game is MUCH easier on machines where this back hand works. On my machine the tightest it goes without hitting the sling is the post left of the scoop.

Just Guessing,
check your flipper alignment at rest as it may have something to do with this issue. I have my flipper at rest aligned so it parallel with the return lane rail.
With this setup I can make the back hand shot to the phone.

#4206 5 years ago

On my LE the ball frequently get stuck next to the kick-back, resting on the edge of the opening for the kick-back. Any suggestions how to fix this?

#4207 5 years ago

Ordering my Dialed In Le tomorrow.From what I've read in previous post,I should avoid the playing field protection,correct? Or has this changed?
Thanks in advance
Ralph

#4208 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Ordering my Dialed In Le tomorrow.From what I've read in previous post,I should avoid the playing field protection,correct? Or has this changed?
Thanks in advance
Ralph

Yes avoid it.

#4209 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

On my LE the ball frequently get stuck next to the kick-back, resting on the edge of the opening for the kick-back. Any suggestions how to fix this?

Same Problem here.... Have you installed a protector?

#4210 5 years ago

then it would have had Titans on it from the factory. There might have been a few regular rubbers in areas if they were clearing out stock still, but by then they were primarily on Titans.

#4211 5 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Yes avoid it.

Thank you,I just sent Cliff my information,so that I could order the cliffys,that aren't installed at the factory.He said he's swamped with orders,so It'll be awhile before I get my order.

#4212 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Same Problem here.... Have you installed a protector?

Nope, no protector.

#4213 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Nope, no protector.

Ok then is thisnnot a playfield protector Problem...

#4214 5 years ago

I'm guessing that a Nib game doesn't come with a waxed playing field. But that's okay because I'm ready.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4215 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

AFAIK, the flippers are still old rubber. The fact you couldn't tell if the rest was titan or not should be a nice endorsement of Titans feeling like real rubber.

Yeah, I've converted a couple of machines to Titans and have been very pleased. The flippers do feel a bit different than standard rubber, but for the most part it is fine. All of the rings behave about the same.

I should have realized that's why all of the rings on my DI looked so shiny. I'm really glad to see JJP do this. I love the white on DI too. For other games, I've tried to color match the rings, but white on DI gives it a really clean, sleak look.

Quoted from ralphs007:

I'm guessing that a Nib game doesn't come with a waxed playing field. But that's okay because I'm ready.

Just waxed mine after 1 week of play. Used P21S, another great brand, but slightly fewer flakes left behind than Blitz.

#4216 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Mine is the same. I have to wiggle the machine to get it to nest. I'm at 6.5 degrees. I haven't really tried to fix it. Every good skill shot I'm pretty much wiggling the machine.

#4217 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Just Guessing,
check your flipper alignment at rest as it may have something to do with this issue. I have my flipper at rest aligned so it parallel with the return lane rail.
With this setup I can make the back hand shot to the phone.

Sweet, thanks for the advice. I will have a look at this. Meanwhile it forced me to be super accurate on my left flipper scoop shots!

#4218 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hey guys,

I can't backhand either, but this makes me happy. My whirlwind has the same great limitation with the scoop. I always hated copies of TAF that allowed you to ride bear kicks with both flippers. Too easy! Be happy you can't backhand!

#4219 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I can't backhand either, but this makes me happy. My whirlwind has the same great limitation with the scoop. I always hated copies of TAF that allowed you to ride bear kicks with both flippers. Too easy! Be happy you can't backhand!

It’s true!

Well here’s my flipper setup. Does it look right?

F8ED84FE-AF90-4542-9D91-834CC3DE1D8A (resized).jpegF8ED84FE-AF90-4542-9D91-834CC3DE1D8A (resized).jpeg

#4220 5 years ago

Your flipper looks like mine. To backhand the scoop on my game, I have to cradle the ball then let the flipper drop all the way and just as it comes to rest I flip back up. Too soon and the ball hits the sling. Interesting the way each game sets up a little differently.

Variables like steepness of playfield, flipper strength, side-to-side leveling, etc., all come into play.

#4221 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Your flipper looks like mine. To backhand the scoop on my game, I have to cradle the ball then let the flipper drop all the way and just as it comes to rest I flip back up. Too soon and the ball hits the sling. Interesting the way each game sets up a little differently.
Variables like steepness of playfield, flipper strength, side-to-side leveling, etc., all come into play.

I’ll mess with it. The back hand shot you describe will catch the scoop left Post or go into the pops.

It’s super level horizontally and at 6.5. I’ll mess with it.

I’m scoring ok on it. So not a big deal.

#4222 5 years ago

I just do rolling backhands and nail them pretty often.

#4223 5 years ago

I just joined the club,and I'll have my Dialed In LE,June 1st. Do I have to learn a special handshake or anything like that? I'm really hoping that I don't have to go through any kind hazing, because I have a low tolerance to pain,Lol.
While I'm waiting for my Pinball Machine,is there anything I should pick up,before it arrives? I bought wax,surge protector,memory stick,DMM,and a vacuum attachment kit.
Thanks in advance
Ralph

#4224 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I should pick up,before it arrives?

I would grab the cliffy magnet protectors, the mylar will just crumple up in no time. Stainless or carbon don't matter but to my taste I like the carbons. You'll need two, drones and theater.

#4225 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Your flipper looks like mine. To backhand the scoop on my game, I have to cradle the ball then let the flipper drop all the way and just as it comes to rest I flip back up. Too soon and the ball hits the sling.

Exactly how mine plays too.

#4226 5 years ago

Got some good quality wax. How do I apply it to the playfield without messing things up? Haven't got any special tools like for waxing a car.

#4227 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I just joined the club,and I'll have my Dialed In LE,June 1st. Do I have to learn a special handshake or anything like that? I'm really hoping that I don't have to go through any kind hazing, because I have a low tolerance to pain,Lol.
While I'm waiting for my Pinball Machine,is there anything I should pick up,before it arrives? I bought wax,surge protector,memory stick,DMM,and a vacuum attachment kit.
Thanks in advance
Ralph

The secret "handshake" is to hold your phone above your head as you walk by. If you are new to receiving pinball machines from a freight company, don't let the driver leave and don't sign the paperwork until you open the box and make sure that there isn't any damage. There have been a few rare cases where they get damaged in shipping. There is a indicator on the outside of the box that JJP puts on it to show if has had any sudden jolts, but don't trust just that - open up the box and look.

#4228 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Mine is the same. I have to wiggle the machine to get it to nest. I'm at 6.5 degrees. I haven't really tried to fix it. Every good skill shot I'm pretty much wiggling the machine.

I had the cliffy in there and had to pull it out because it would make that happen on every single shot. After removing it I still got the issue from time to time. I played with bending the wire a bit and was able to resolve it. Since then I have only seen it happen once or so on a super floaty ball. I don't recall exactly how I bent it I just played with a bit with the glass off doing skill shots.

#4229 5 years ago

I took mine out too. Pain in the rear when it got stuck and I figured wear and tear would be minimal without it on.

#4230 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Well here’s my flipper setup. Does it look right?

I think the alignment is where you want it to be.

#4231 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Got some good quality wax. How do I apply it to the playfield without messing things up? Haven't got any special tools like for waxing a car.

Wipe down the pf with a microfiber to get rid of any dust/dirt. If really dirty, use something like Novus 1. Then apply wax (never liquid) on a clean microfiber and gently coat the pf in a circular motion.

Allow it to stand for a couple of minutes, and then wipe all wax off using a couple of clean microfibers.

Make sure you take a good look after to make sure all wax is off, especially in little corners and hard to reach places.

Have fun

#4232 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The secret "handshake" is to hold your phone above your head as you walk by. If you are new to receiving pinball machines from a freight company, don't let the driver leave and don't sign the paperwork until you open the box and make sure that there isn't any damage. There have been a few rare cases where they get damaged in shipping. There is a indicator on the outside of the box that JJP puts on it to show if has had any sudden jolts, but don't trust just that - open up the box and look.

I'm picking my machine up at JJP.I hope they are okay with customers inspecting the game before loading ? I would think,they'd encourage it. I planned on opening the top,and looking inside,before I loaded it into my buddies SUV. I'll have to ask the girl I ordered my game from next Thursday.She asked me to call her the day before, to confirm my pickup.
Thanks for the help.

#4233 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I would grab the cliffy magnet protectors, the mylar will just crumple up in no time. Stainless or carbon don't matter but to my taste I like the carbons. You'll need two, drones and theater.

Thanks you.

#4234 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I'll have to ask the girl I ordered my game from next Thursday.She asked me to call her the day before, to confirm my pickup.

That's most likely Jen, Jacks daughter. She is a great person to deal with.

#4235 5 years ago

That's most likely Jen, Jacks daughter. She is a great person to deal with.

You're correct,and she is a very nice person to deal with.

#4236 5 years ago

Where can you get these? I didn’t see them on the Cliffy website.

#4237 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Where can you get these? I didn’t see them on the Cliffy website.

I emailed Cliffy directly and ordered two carbon magnet protectors and two universal slot protectors.

IMG_3912 (resized).JPGIMG_3912 (resized).JPG

IMG_3915 (resized).JPGIMG_3915 (resized).JPG

#4238 5 years ago

New to the club so I apologize if this has been asked before. When I start a mode, the character on the phone screen is frozen but the audio still plays(no talking animation just the picture). Everything else works perfect on the phone. This happens 8 out of every 10 times. Anyone else seen this before or know how to fix?

Thanks.

#4239 5 years ago

Some animations are coming in future code updates, I think. Mine are more like fifty - fifty as far as characters moving while talking. So there may not be a problem.

#4240 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I'm picking my machine up at JJP.I hope they are okay with customers inspecting the game before loading ? I would think,they'd encourage it. I planned on opening the top,and looking inside,before I loaded it into my buddies SUV. I'll have to ask the girl I ordered my game from next Thursday.She asked me to call her the day before, to confirm my pickup.
Thanks for the help.

Ask for a tour and let us know if the JJPOTC changeover has started yet.

#4241 5 years ago

seems like the sound of the characters (phone mode) are too soft compared to the rest of the soind/music (I have everything on default).

#4242 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Ask for a tour and let us know if the JJPOTC changeover has started yet.

I'll look into the tour, but I might have to pick it up on a Thursday,instead of Friday,so that I'll have plenty of time. JJP starts their summer hours,so they'll be closing at 12 noon on Fridays. I'd love to take the tour,but I wonder how my buddy who's helping me pick up the machine will feel about that.

#4243 5 years ago

My bob trap door recently does not seem to be lifting up high enough to allow for consistent entries. In getting quite a few rejects if the shot is too weak. Sonetimes it will even get caught in the trap and I will have to wait for ball search.

This happened after around 1000 plays.

Any tips on getting it to raise more? It seems like its functioning fine and opening and closing. I don't feel any resistance when I manually lift it, its just not lifting high enough.

#4244 5 years ago

The mylar around the magnets is perfectly fine and will not wear as long as you cut it off the actual magnet. The cliffy rings are overkill in imo and will affect the ball especially at the theater toss back. I have thousands of plays and my mylar is fine.

#4245 5 years ago
Quoted from geoncic:

My bob trap door recently does not seem to be lifting up high enough to allow for consistent entries. In getting quite a few rejects if the shot is too weak. Sonetimes it will even get caught in the trap and I will have to wait for ball search.
This happened after around 1000 plays.
Any tips on getting it to raise more? It seems like its functioning fine and opening and closing. I don't feel any resistance when I manually lift it, its just not lifting high enough.

Had same issue few monthes ago with around same plays. I popped the hood and tightened the mech and also bent the whole mech bracket to the left as it seemed to have slighty bent down over time. Its been fine ever since

#4246 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Wipe down the pf with a microfiber to get rid of any dust/dirt. If really dirty, use something like Novus 1. Then apply wax (never liquid) on a clean microfiber and gently coat the pf in a circular motion.
Allow it to stand for a couple of minutes, and then wipe all wax off using a couple of clean microfibers.
Make sure you take a good look after to make sure all wax is off, especially in little corners and hard to reach places.
Have fun

Thanks! Will give it a go (famous last words)

#4247 5 years ago

Got to play this game for the first time yesterday and its magnificent!
Smooth as butter. Didn't really know what I was doing but what a game!
Value for $ all over.

Well done!

#4248 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Got to play this game for the first time yesterday and its magnificent!
Smooth as butter. Didn't really know what I was doing but what a game!
Value for $ all over.
Well done!

Yea it's really good. Have had great games two days in a row and it's so much action going on it's crazy!

#4249 5 years ago

Picked up a iron maiden pro yesterday and while its fun with neat layout.... di is so much better playing and just has so much more to it. The stern pin just feels cheap and very very basic compared to jjp pins. I know its the pro but even the premium /le sterns dont hold a candle to jjp imo. Both have their places but ill gladly pay 8k + for jjp pins.

#4250 5 years ago

Has anyone added plastic protectors to their game? I don't recall seeing them mentioned in this thread.
Thanks in advance

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/85?hl=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.