IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 273.
#4151 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Has anyone bought one of those candy chrome shooter rods for DI? I was looking at the blue one but wasn’t sure how the color matched up to the LE.

I’ve got a blue Chrome Candy shooter on my D.I. Be sure to order the smaller spring from them when you order the shooter. I’ve bought 4 Chrome Candy shooters and love them!

#4152 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've never achieved it or heard of it. Probably in the update they are working on? Sounds like the documentation might be ahead of the code...
snaroff

Come to think of it, I just inquired about the printed manuals the other day and were told they were at the printers so I’m guessing this is the last update to the manual, and it is now final. So, if they were adding another MB, it makes sense to put it in the manual now.

#4153 5 years ago

I’m soon to get a DI LE, sold my LotR and had some money burning a hole in my pocket.

All my years only had one Pat Lawler pin (TZ). Sounds as if most people are happy with the layout.

I got Woz last year am blown away by that game especially code and lighting. (Build quality too).

Does it seem like DI code is solid or will you anticipate more updates?

Sad note have put my TNA on hold until next year.

#4154 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m soon to get a DI LE, sold my LotR and had some money burning a hole in my pocket.
All my years only had one Pat Lawler pin (TZ). Sounds as if most people are happy with the layout.
I got Woz last year am blown away by that game especially code and lighting. (Build quality too).
Does it seem like DI code is solid or will you anticipate more updates?
Sad note have put my TNA on hold until next year.

Di code is my favorite and i enjoy it much more than my rrwoz. The lightshow in dile is excellent and also my one my favorites along with woz. Di shoots much better than woz tho and has much more flow, speed and tons of magnet action and lots of weird ball movements that keep u on your toes. Code is excellent and plenty deep and has more updates on the way but its excellent as it sits at the moment. Glad u got that great deal and if u end up not liking it bc of the theme than u sld have no issue getting your money back.

#4155 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Di code is my favorite and i enjoy it much more than my rrwoz. The lightshow in dile is excellent and also my one my favorites along with woz. Di shoots much better than woz tho and has much more flow, speed and tons of magnet action and lots of weird ball movements that keep u on your toes. Code is excellent and plenty deep and has more updates on the way but its excellent as it sits at the moment. Glad u got that great deal and if u end up not liking it bc of the theme than u sld have no issue getting your money back.

My gosh several people I’ve talked to said ‘it’s better than Woz’ that’ll take some doing to pass Woz in my book. I’ll be very happy if it’s close to Woz.

#4156 5 years ago

DI is the best pin I've owned after seventeen years in this hobby.

I really appreciate what it is, especially now that I've played it at home a bunch. I know the team that designed, engineered, and coded it are top notch (Lawlor, Youssi, Estes - all veterans who've cranked out some awesome games over the decades).

To me, the original theme is the best part. Lawlor got to do another of his disaster-themed games and Jersey Jack gave him the freedom to implement so many cool features with both past and present references. It is not a cell phone game. The phone is merely a part of the whole.

Enjoy!

#4157 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My gosh several people I’ve talked to said ‘it’s better than Woz’ that’ll take some doing to pass Woz in my book. I’ll be very happy if it’s close to Woz.

So, I’m a week into owning DI and two years into owning WOZ. They are completely different and both great. WOZ is all about stacking and has a lot of stop and go action. DI is about mastering the modes and flow. The code on both is deep and light years ahead of the competition. Theme integration on both is also amazing. I like contrast in my lineup. Variety is the spice of life. You will be very pleased with your purchase.

#4158 5 years ago

Short video of choas in quantum city mb..... crazy lightshow.

#4159 5 years ago

If the mini wizard mode lightshow is that awesome im guessing Armageddon and showdown are super amazing..... to bad ill probably never see it lol

#4160 5 years ago

How do you get that?

#4161 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If the mini wizard mode lightshow is that awesome im guessing Armageddon and showdown are super amazing..... to bad ill probably never see it lol

Showdown is amazing. Be sure to watch the video on the back box while it’s starting the mode.

#4162 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How do you get that?

You have to playing a pre-determined number of modes. I think that it’s 7.

#4163 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How do you get that?

Start 6 disaster modes.

#4164 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Cheat it

Just start modes and time them out. Still not the easiest task, but just practice going for QED, phone, then pause.

#4165 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Cheat it
Just start modes and time them out. Still not the easiest task, but just practice going for QED, phone, then pause.

I believe your mode scores determine how much the jackpots are tho....

#4166 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe your mode scores determine how much the jackpots are tho....

Maybe I read incorrectly. I thought he just wanted to see CIQC.

#4167 5 years ago

Both my left orbit and right orbit (to the ramp) shots were very weak. On my game, the ramp flap that the ball encounters in each orbit was the issue. The ball would hit the ramp flap that was too thick, get a little air, and either hit something or just have a large portion of their momentum killed.

To test for this, you can take a small piece of painters tape and tape it over the entrance to the ramp flap. (on the left orbit, I am not talking about the Bob flap, but the flap that is attached to the piece that transitions it over to the right side of the orbit)

If tape helps, what I did was, I pulled the piece and used a dremel to shorten the lip / taper the edge. Now, clean right orbit shots hit the ramp 100% of the time, and clean left orbit shots make it to the right flipper about 90% of the time. (up from about 40% of the time)

Quoted from Nokoro:

Are people able to make a full left orbit on their machines? I sometimes can, but more often the ball ends up slowing down and going into the pops. Is that normal?

#4168 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Both my left orbit and right orbit (to the ramp) shots were very weak. On my game, the ramp flap that the ball encounters in each orbit was the issue. The ball would hit the ramp flap that was too thick, get a little air, and either hit something or just have a large portion of their momentum killed.
To test for this, you can take a small piece of painters tape and tape it over the entrance to the ramp flap. (on the left orbit, I am not talking about the Bob flap, but the flap that is attached to the piece that transitions it over to the right side of the orbit)
If tape helps, what I did was, I pulled the piece and used a dremel to shorten the lip / taper the edge. Now, clean right orbit shots hit the ramp 100% of the time, and clean left orbit shots make it to the right flipper about 90% of the time. (up from about 40% of the time)

Thanks. I am having more rejects on the right ramp. I will have to either look into this or the velcro fix described earlier.

#4169 5 years ago

Just picked up my DI LE what a great pin.

Having fun discovering the many things to shoot for.

Pin looks brand new, only a few months old woot. born on 3/6/18.
6338E3D1-97B4-4C3F-8884-5ECBB064B57E (resized).jpeg6338E3D1-97B4-4C3F-8884-5ECBB064B57E (resized).jpeg

#4170 5 years ago

I have a WOZ RR and love the machine, the quality and sounds. I said just over a year ago as much as I love JJP I just couldn't ever own a machine based off a stupid cell phone concept. I have never played a DI, never seen a DI in person, nothing other then some video snippets of the machine and a few comments here and there.

Well just grabbed a DILE in trade, seen it and played it for the first time ever while it it was in my gameroom and holy shit I was blown away. I always admired Pat's layouts and I though the shots are smooth but fast and flows nicely, even the dreaded simcard shot I can make two out of three times. I was so impressed with this title that my wife served me some crow for dinner. What a fantastic game, I know the code isn't complete but for whats there it is already an amazing game that will just keep getting better. I'm so glad I was wrong and did the trade, the whole family is enjoying it.

#4171 5 years ago

Thought new code was coming like... last week!?

#4172 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Thought new code was coming like... last week!?

Where did you hear that?

#4173 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have a WOZ RR and love the machine, the quality and sounds. I said just over a year ago as much as I love JJP I just couldn't ever own a machine based off a stupid cell phone concept. I have never played a DI, never seen a DI in person, nothing other then some video snippets of the machine and a few comments here and there.
Well just grabbed a DILE in trade, seen it and played it for the first time ever while it it was in my gameroom and holy shit I was blown away. I always admired Pat's layouts and I though the shots are smooth but fast and flows nicely, even the dreaded simcard shot I can make two out of three times. I was so impressed with this title that my wife served me some crow for dinner. What a fantastic game, I know the code isn't complete but for whats there it is already an amazing game that will just keep getting better. I'm so glad I was wrong and did the trade, the whole family is enjoying it.

Don't worry - you won't need any of the code updates for QUITE a while! Those later modes are hard!

#4174 5 years ago

what is the latest code version for DI??

#4175 5 years ago

I am on 1.52

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4176 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

what is the latest code version for DI??

#4177 5 years ago
#4178 5 years ago

Code 1.52 is pretty much complete, isn't it? I mean, I know that we just discovered that they are adding a new multiball related to the theater, but that's just icing on the cake at this point. Or, is there something larger missing that I'm unaware of?

#4179 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Code 1.52 is pretty much complete, isn't it? I mean, I know that we just discovered that they are adding a new multiball related to the theater, but that's just icing on the cake at this point. Or, is there something larger missing that I'm unaware of?

I just read on the JJP forums that the new code will add a few things one of which is the theater multi ball and do some polishing, but mostly the hold up is that they are waiting on more graphical animations to be ready before they release it. I'm pretty sure just like WOZ, although the code is great and has to ton to offer, there will be some tweaking and adding here and there for the next few years.

#4180 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I just read on the JJP forums that the new code will add a few things one of which is the theater multi ball and do some polishing, but mostly the hold up is that they are waiting on more graphical animations to be ready before they release it. I'm pretty sure just like WOZ, although the code is great and has to ton to offer, there will be some tweaking and adding here and there for the next few years.

Back in March, I asked Keith about the animations and he mentioned there would be one more code update. As previously mentioned, the DI online manual has been updated again to reflect the new multi-ball mode for the game.

#4181 5 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Back in March, I asked Keith about the animations and he mentioned there would be one more code update. As previously mentioned, the DI online manual has been updated again to reflect the new multi-ball mode for the game.

There are also some tweaks in either Showdown or Armageddon, I forget which. Some of the modes do not have complete animation which will be added as well

#4182 5 years ago

collect sim cards during quantum city chaos

#4183 5 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There are also some tweaks in either Showdown or Armageddon, I forget which. Some of the modes do not have complete animation which will be added as well

No doubt the next release will address most of these, but I still in my own mind don't believe there will be just one (1) more code update release. Like I said Woz is entering it's 5th year and we still updates coming down as of this past December so I think you'll might see the same for DILE, yeah not every three months because it doesn't need to be but some polishing to animations, lighting, callouts etc because JJP has proven that they are not one just to walk away from code because a new title was announced but rather continue to support it for all titles produced.

#4184 5 years ago

Really glad to hear that another code update to complete animations and for a new mode (bonus!) are coming. Both of those items will help make Dialed In an even better game then it already is.

Any chance JJP adds a new city block and with additional disaster modes to the game? Hey I can dream

#4185 5 years ago

a midnight madness as a bonus would be cool.

#4186 5 years ago
Quoted from poup:

collect sim cards during quantum city chaos

Yes please!!! Really not sure why you can't collect them during this mode.

#4187 5 years ago

Sometimes, my theater magnet does not catch a fast moving ball when it is supposed to. Is there a setting to adjust this? The theater magnet setting description seems like it does something else. Thanks.

#4188 5 years ago

I'm now having an issue with my Station 3 lock. It doesn't let the ball pass through the lock now, it just holds onto the ball and gets caught in a sound loop. When I lock a ball, it doesn't release it. Any thoughts?

#4189 5 years ago

I have an issue with the headphone jack, sound only comes through the left side.

#4190 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

I'm now having an issue with my Station 3 lock. It doesn't let the ball pass through the lock now, it just holds onto the ball and gets caught in a sound loop. When I lock a ball, it doesn't release it. Any thoughts?

My guess is that there is a switch there that is not registering the ball. Put into switch test mode and check.

#4191 5 years ago

Is the headphone jack volume control intended to control the speaker volume. It’s on in the menu but not working.

#4192 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have an issue with the headphone jack, sound only comes through the left side.

I hate when that happens. Don't you hate when that happens ?

Here is the fix. See the front left corner of the cabinet with the volume button and headphone jack ? Right on the other side of the wood. Inside the game is a small board. On that board is a connector.

Now here is the secret part. Don't tell anybody. Unplug that connector. Turn it 180 degrees. Plug it back on.

All fixed.

LTG : )

#4193 5 years ago

Any recommendations on which headphones to get for Dialed In LE ? I can't remember the last time I used headphones.

#4194 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Is the headphone jack volume control intended to control the speaker volume. It’s on in the menu but not working.

Answer, take off ya beer goggles and connect the jack inside the cabinet.
I have just put in Sennheiser phones, sound great.

#4195 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Answer, take off ya beer goggles and connect the jack inside the cabinet.
I have just put in Sennheiser phones, sound great.

Could you please tell me what size the Jack is on your headphones?
Thanks in advance

#4196 5 years ago

It fits an iPad and Galaxy s7.

#4197 5 years ago

Just swapped rubbers to Titans. Same result as my AFMr, score jumped dramatically straight away. The DI rubbers are definitely better than AFMr, but Titans are unbeatable for me.

#4198 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Just swapped rubbers to Titans. Same result as my AFMr, score jumped dramatically straight away. The DI rubbers are definitely better than AFMr, but Titans are unbeatable for me.

When was your game built? JJP has put titans on from the factory since last fall.

#4199 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

When was your game built? JJP has put titans on from the factory since last fall.

Is that right? Another plus for JJP. My game was built in February so I guess it has Titans. And here I was just debating whether to put them in, not realizing I already had them.

I’m pretty sure the flippers are regular rubbers though. Those I will likely replace.

#4200 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

My guess is that there is a switch there that is not registering the ball. Put into switch test mode and check.

Thanks for the reply. Turns out that the connection to the main board was loose. Plugged it back in and it works!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/84?hl=insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.