IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 273.
#4051 5 years ago

Time and time again....I finish a mode...that pretty blue SIM card light turns on.....I take a few shots at it and miss then the ball drains! Ugh! Would it be sacrilege to turn on SIM card memory so it’s still there after I drain???

#4052 5 years ago

I hear you WackyBrakke, I'm thinking about doing it myself.

#4053 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Time and time again....I finish a mode...that pretty blue SIM card light turns on.....I take a few shots at it and miss then the ball drains! Ugh! Would it be sacrilege to turn on SIM card memory so it’s still there after I drain???

Nope. Its your machine. Play it the way you like it.

#4054 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Nope. Its your machine. Play it the way you like it.

I just went in and set mine on directors cut, I felt like that’s the way Pat wanted it to be played.

#4055 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I just went in and set mine on directors cut, I felt like that’s the way Pat wanted it to be played.

Oh! What are the differences from default?

#4056 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Oh! What are the differences from default?

Don’t know for sure just sounded cool when I heard about it!

#4057 5 years ago

On the sim issue I usually try to have Big Bang lit all the time.then light disaster.Get a multi ball and start bouncing them off theatre targets. Banks are open baby

#4058 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Move the plug to another connector on the Opto multi I/O board and see if it starts registering. That board can go bad, on one or more ports, too. The one we had on WoZ died.

Nope, not the opto board. I swapped the scoop enter opto to the theater enter and the theater enter switch triggered when a ball went into the scoop. Problem definitely on the sensor side.

#4059 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Nope, not the opto board. I swapped the scoop enter opto to the theater enter and the theater enter switch triggered when a ball went into the scoop. Problem definitely on the sensor side.

At least it's narrowed down a bit more now. Is this under warranty? Those optos are much cheaper to buy from digikey or the like than through JJP if you're paying for them.

#4060 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Snaps in, no screws.
LTG : )

Here are two pictures. One of the right side opto where you can clearly see the opto in the hole. When I had the theater off, this was hot glued in place.

The other picture is of the opto on the left side where you can see it mounted sideways on the left opto bracket. When I had the theater off, the bracket was held in by two screws and the opto was in it.

Seems all the optos are in the correct place but I will take theater off again tomorrow or the next day to be sure.

I already swapped phone scoop and theater enter on opto I/o board and when doing so a ball in the phone scoop triggers the theater enter switch open and then closed. No problem on the opto I/o board so it has to be the sensor either bad or out of alignment. But I am less and less convinced on the alignment being the problem.

5401AA3F-3312-42BD-8E28-D364AEAC2035 (resized).jpeg5401AA3F-3312-42BD-8E28-D364AEAC2035 (resized).jpeg

5DE1E87E-40F0-45B0-9594-F895697B1FFD (resized).jpeg5DE1E87E-40F0-45B0-9594-F895697B1FFD (resized).jpeg

#4061 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At least it's narrowed down a bit more now. Is this under warranty? Those optos are much cheaper to buy from digikey or the like than through JJP if you're paying for them.

Had the machine since first weeks of January. So about 4 months. According to their warranty, stuff like that is only 30 days.

Like this? Can the original connector be salvaged and reused?
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/tt-electronics-optek-technology/OPB100Z/365-1628-ND/1636780

#4062 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Had the machine since first weeks of January. So about 4 months. According to their warranty, stuff like that is only 30 days.
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/tt-electronics-optek-technology/OPB100Z/365-1628-ND/1636780

Call them. I think they will consider it under warranty.

#4063 5 years ago

DILE on order! Thanks to PanzerFreak and Mamemaster for letting me pick their brain on the game and JJP support (this will be my first game from them) and to Gary at Abel Electronics (awesome dude) for getting me #888 - 8 is our family number - me/sis/my dad wore/wear it on all our sports jerseys - so really wanted it tied into the serial number as I think this game will be bolted to my floor.

Great thread - thanks to all posting and especially Lloyd for always jumping in to help solve issues (as well as helping me quickly solve my AFMr items)!

#4064 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I wonder what the rationale for that is, or is it just an excuse to mix things up?

On mine when the diverter is down and I hit the ramp with some speed, the ball manages to bounce off the back and lands in the skill shot. It then feeds to the upper flipper for an easy ramp shot.

#4065 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I'd give support a call. For only 4 months, I bet they'd cover it.

But if you buy the optos from Digikey, remember you need to get the molex plugs to crimp onto the raw wire so you can snap it into the opto connector. I happen to have that part number since I did it for WoZ and had to find out. Here's the link:
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/794956-1/A99267CT-ND/1914140

#4066 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

On mine when the diverter is down and I hit the ramp with some speed, the ball manages to bounce off the back and lands in the skill shot. It then feeds to the upper flipper for an easy ramp shot.

Yep ...super cool and a nice set up lock a ball

#4067 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My phone went black after playing for a while as well. From my experience and a few others, it is almost definitely your phone. Hook up a computer monitor to the VGA out and see if it happens. It likely won’t.

I have a question,how much would a new phone cost you,once your warranty expires?
Thanks in advance

#4068 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I have a question,how much would a new phone cost you,once your warranty expires?

With or without a 2 year contract?

#4069 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With or without a 2 year contract?

I haven't bought a machine yet,so I'm not familiar with how the warranty's work. So let's just say I no longer have any warranty coverage, and my phone dies on me,what can I expect to pay for a replacement.

#4070 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Really? I don’t think that’s ever happened to me. I can’t really picture it. I’ll have to take a closer look tomorrow.

#4071 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Thanks in advance

99-030032-00 Smartphone Assy 1 EA 224.99

#4072 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Likely it's the LCD inside or the video card, both of which can be had for less if you get the part number and are handy.

#4073 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Likely it's the LCD inside or the video card, both of which can be had for less if you get the part number and are handy.

My replacement phone was free but that was the item cost on the invoice before zeroed our for warranty.

#4074 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Thanks. That's not so bad,I was afraid it would cost as much as an iPhone 10
I'm trying to decide on which pinball machine to buy for my first machine. So far,DI is the front runner.
I've read over 50 pages of this thread, and I'll make my decision,once I'm finished.

#4075 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But if you buy the optos from Digikey, remember you need to get the molex plugs to crimp onto the raw wire so you can snap it into the opto connector. I happen to have that part number since I did it for WoZ and had to find out. Here's the link:
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/794956-1/A99267CT-ND/1914140

Do those only work with the connector on the opto board? The opto to the theater actually connects to an optical extension cable. That connector is much smaller than the one on the opto board.

I called and left a voicemail at lunchtime. Awaiting return call. Also filed online ticket for good measure.

#4076 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Do those only work with the connector on the opto board? The opto to the theater actually connects to an optical extension cable. That connector is much smaller than the one on the opto board.
I called and left a voicemail at lunchtime. Awaiting return call. Also filed online ticket for good measure.

Doubt there would be a problem, but I only have experience changing them out on WoZ so I can't say for sure. Pretty sure those are the same optos.

#4077 5 years ago

Does DI reset the audits when you update the code?

#4078 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Does DI reset the audits when you update the code?

Full install - yes. Delta update - no.

#4079 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Full install - yes. Delta update - no.

But you can save before doing a full install, right? And then reload your settings and audits?

#4080 5 years ago

Question: when I lock a ball, I can bypass multiball by pressing both flippers twice on the start of the next ball. But, if I drain that ball, then on the next ball I can no longer bypass multiball. Is that right, or am I missing something?

#4081 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Question: when I lock a ball, I can bypass multiball by pressing both flippers twice on the start of the next ball. But, if I drain that ball, then on the next ball I can no longer bypass multiball. Is that right, or am I missing something?

Correct

#4082 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

But you can save before doing a full install, right? And then reload your settings and audits?

Yes you can. Won't save an image if you have one in there.

#4083 5 years ago

So, I have trouble locking more than one ball. I think it is because after locking one, I have to start a disaster mode and then lock another all on the same ball. If I drain, I’m stuck with a two ball MB. So, by design, it seems for an average player like me, it is tough to get a 3 ball MB.

#4084 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So, I have trouble locking more than one ball. I think it is because after locking one, I have to start a disaster mode and then lock another all on the same ball. If I drain, I’m stuck with a two ball MB. So, by design, it seems for an average player like me, it is tough to get a 3 ball MB.

A man should be able to get by with two balls....

#4085 5 years ago

Need some help adjusting the left flipper it is drooping low. I checked underneath and can’t seem to figure out why it is doing that. Everything seems to be tight. Anyone have a video or pictures of how to adjust ?

#4086 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Everytime u start that mb it gets progressively harder also and adds a ball to . Dont forget u can add a,ball also by hitting the scoop 3 times during mb...

#4087 5 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Anyone have a video or pictures of how to adjust ?

I have a video how to use the flipper spacer gauge.

In it you can see the nut to loosen on the pawl ( just a teeny bit so the flipper barely turns ) and turn the flipper and retighten it.

#4088 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have a video how to use the flipper spacer gauge.
» YouTube video
In it you can see the nut to loosen on the pawl ( just a teeny bit so the flipper barely turns ) and turn the flipper and retighten it.

Thanks Lloyd I will check it out and give it a try

#4089 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dont forget u can add a,ball also by hitting the scoop 3 times during mb...

Ah, thanks. I’ve occasionally added a ball but wasn’t sure how.

#4090 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ah, thanks. I’ve occasionally added a ball but wasn’t sure how.

On the phone screen at the top it says Add A Ball, when you hit the scoop the first time Add lights up, second A lights up and third Ball lights up......so you know where you are at with the 3 shots

#4091 5 years ago

On my LE, sometimes the ball passes the trapdoor which opens (too late?) and then the ball rolls back down and gets caught above the trapdoor. I then have to wait for ball search which lowers the trapdoor. Is there a way to remedy this?

#4092 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Is there a way to remedy this?

If the mech moves freely, no ideas.
if it's sluggish, I'd oil the moving parts held to the axle with an "E" clip and work it a few times to loosen it up.

#4093 5 years ago

People said I looked grumpy. Is this better?

24F6B00C-00B9-49E8-879D-AC6492CDF946 (resized).jpeg24F6B00C-00B9-49E8-879D-AC6492CDF946 (resized).jpeg

#4094 5 years ago

Pretty good for a grumpy guy

#4095 5 years ago

Code out yet?

#4096 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You are correct. Frank is sending me a new opto pair.

#4097 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

On the phone screen at the top it says Add A Ball, when you hit the scoop the first time Add lights up, second A lights up and third Ball lights up......so you know where you are at with the 3 shots

Now that you mention that, I did see that and forgot about it later. I'm having trouble keeping track of the rules with this game, a little more so than other games. One the one hand, the main mode rules are fairly easy to follow. On the other, there is a lot of other stuff going on that I'm trying to get a handle on. Still having a blast with it all, though.

#4098 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

On my LE, sometimes the ball passes the trapdoor which opens (too late?) and then the ball rolls back down and gets caught above the trapdoor. I then have to wait for ball search which lowers the trapdoor. Is there a way to remedy this?

Pretty much needs to be fixed in software. It's been on the wishlist since last Summer. Hopefully the next version will address it. There are enough sensors for the game to know what happened and drop the trap door in that condition without having to wait for a ball search.

#4099 5 years ago

Are people able to make a full left orbit on their machines? I sometimes can, but more often the ball ends up slowing down and going into the pops. Is that normal?

#4100 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Are people able to make a full left orbit on their machines? I sometimes can, but more often the ball ends up slowing down and going into the pops. Is that normal?

Yes...but if you don't nail it, it can go into the pops or skill shot. Might indicate your right flipper needs juicing. The trap door in the left orbit is a pretty big "speed bump" as well...the metal flap is pretty thick. This also contributes to the difficulty.

snaroff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/82?hl=insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.