IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 273.
#4001 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

It came!

Unfortunaely, right at power up, there were two malfunction alerts -- the moving statue and the moving target, two key features of the game. They wouldn't operate in test mode. Feeling deflated, I checked all connections under the playfield, and everythign looked good. I finally decided to check the backbox and sure enough, two connectors were unplugged. Now, all is well.
What a blast to play! It is a fairly hard game too. Watching videos of some the best players, like Bowen's tutorial, before purchasing, can mislead you into thinking it is easy to get through modes. It's not. But it is addictive.
And, this happened on my 10th game. I don't know if that's a good score or not, but it felt like a pretty good one.

Thats a really good score for your 10:th game!

#4002 5 years ago

Talked to jack at the allentown show and manuals are in printing i believe he said and think it around 300 pages. Its was good talking to him about jjp and pinball...super nice down to earth guy imo

#4003 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Thats a really good score for your 10:th game!

Thanks. I haven’t come close since. I think I collected some SIM cards early on that game. Probably just beginners luck.

#4004 5 years ago

Had nearly all of my pins going today for a family get together. I was talking to my cousin who doesn't play pinball often about which game he liked playing the best. He's a huge Star Wars fan and while he really enjoyed playing my Star Wars LE he said his favorite to play was Dialed In! I asked him why and he said "It's just a lot of fun and has so many cool things in it" Everyone who played Dialed In tonight seemed to really enjoy playing it.

DSC01403 (resized).JPGDSC01403 (resized).JPG

#4005 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Had nearly all of my pins going today for a family get together. I was talking to my cousin who doesn't play pinball often about which game he liked playing the best. He's a huge Star Wars fan and while he really enjoyed playing my Star Wars LE he said his favorite to play was Dialed In! I asked him why and he said "It's just a lot of fun and has so many cool things in it" Everyone who played Dialed In tonight seemed to really enjoy playing it.

Its a special pin for most people....

#4006 5 years ago

Had mine for five months as my only pin. Keep learning new things in the game - just got a new multiball and a new mode I'd never played tonight. As I get better at the shots, the flow improves to "amazing" status. I've never had a pin with this much cool / weird ball physics. Between the magnet action and the way the shots are set up, the ball spins in strange ways and is truly wild on this game.

Just a great pin by Lawlor, Ted, and everyone on the team.

#4007 5 years ago

Mine's working perfectly now! Thanks Lloyd at JJ and pinside.

Now to just wait for some replacement plastics and I'll be all set.

#4008 5 years ago
Quoted from Robo1:

I have a new problem on my Dialed In. The trapdoor is stuck in the open position. When I test the device it does not work, although i do hear the coil attempting to pull down. I also dont see or feel anything blocking the movement. The smaller latch coil does seem to be quite hot though. Any suggestions??
Thanks,
Rob

Watch this video.

There is an adjustment tab that JJP didn't bend into place to adjust the coil release. The video will walk you through the process of adjusting it properly.

#4009 5 years ago

Hello,
is it possible to download the new manual (February 2018) in the pinball machine?

#4010 5 years ago

Is Jack no longer signing the LE:s? Mine is from February and there is no signature.

#4011 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Watch this video.
» YouTube video
There is an adjustment tab that JJP didn't bend into place to adjust the coil release. The video will walk you through the process of adjusting it properly.

That adjustment pin is the real fix. Bent mine in place and tweaked it and now it works perfect. Others will tell you the joint needs oil, etc.....but that’s not true, the plate adjustment pin is the correct fix.

#4012 5 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
is it possible to download the new manual (February 2018) in the pinball machine?

I don't think so. I talked to Keith Johnson in March 2018, and he did mention that there is going to be another code update to Dialed In. I'm speculating that the update will include the updated manual and hoping that the character animations will be complete with the next code update.

#4013 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Is Jack no longer signing the LE:s? Mine is from February and there is no signature.

Send a message through the support portal - JJP packed the wrong LE number on my certificate and they said they’d get me a new one

#4014 5 years ago

What kind of success have people had with JJP support?

I notified them about my lockdown bar, which looks like it had been brushpainted asking for a replacement
and requested cliffy-protectors on 15th March originally, reminded them via their support portal on 25th April
and now again today on the 13th of May.

They have emailed once back asking for pics, but after that it stopped.

#4015 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Same with mine. I do have a signed certificate though.

#4016 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I notified them about my lockdown bar, which looks like it had been brushpainted asking for a replacement
and requested cliffy-protectors on 15th March originally, reminded them via their support portal on 25th April
and now again today on the 13th of May.
They have emailed once back asking for pics, but after that it stopped.

They are quite good, but I get the sense they are getting busy again and things are slowing down. Calling works best but may be expensive from where you are.

#4017 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

They are quite good, but I get the sense they are getting busy again and things are slowing down. Calling works best but may be expensive from where you are.

They follow through but are not super fast at sending things out. I’m sure with Pirates coming they are pretty busy

#4018 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

That adjustment pin is the real fix. Bent mine in place and tweaked it and now it works perfect. Others will tell you the joint needs oil, etc.....but that’s not true, the plate adjustment pin is the correct fix.

I tried doing it the adjustment thing way, but then the trapdoor didn’t hold open as far and there wasn’t proper clearance for the ball. I’m still in a no win situation.

#4019 5 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

I don't think so. I talked to Keith Johnson in March 2018, and he did mention that there is going to be another code update to Dialed In. I'm speculating that the update will include the updated manual and hoping that the character animations will be complete with the next code update.

OK, thanks.
So a new update is planned?
A date ?

#4020 5 years ago

I'm seeing the phone display go dark every so often, like once or twice a week. I just reboot the game and it works again, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. The game is fantastic, but I have to say that I've spent more time tweaking this game than any other pin I own.

Regarding support, my apron sticker has a couple bumps in it and they are sending me a new decal. I'm a little upset about it, not sure why they can't just send me a replacement apron with a nicely applied sticker and I would send back this one for them to correct. It's a manufacturing defect so why the hell do I have to reapply it? It may end up looking worse than the bumps under the decal. Am I being unreasonable?

#4021 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I have an issue with the phone screen. It happens the same way every time. The first time I start the game up, only the very bottom portion of the phone has images on it during play. I think on boot up the screen says something about a low power mode for the phone.
If I wait for the game to boot up and then turn it off and on again the phone works perfectly.
Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas ltg

Read through this thread - I posted extensive info on this as I had that problem. It took 3 new phones from JJP to correct and a in person visit. Contact JJP.

#4022 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

I'm seeing the phone display go dark every so often, like once or twice a week. I just reboot the game and it works again, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. The game is fantastic, but I have to say that I've spent more time tweaking this game than any other pin I own.
Regarding support, my apron sticker has a couple bumps in it and they are sending me a new decal. I'm a little upset about it, not sure why they can't just send me a replacement apron with a nicely applied sticker and I would send back this one for them to correct. It's a manufacturing defect so why the hell do I have to reapply it? It may end up looking worse than the bumps under the decal. Am I being unreasonable?

Read through this thread - I posted extensive info on this as I had that problem. It took 3 new phones from JJP to correct and a in person visit. Contact JJP.

#4023 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

Regarding support, my apron sticker has a couple bumps in it and they are sending me a new decal. I'm a little upset about it, not sure why they can't just send me a replacement apron with a nicely applied sticker ... Am I being unreasonable?

Absolutely. I feel sorry for the company having to deal with stuff like this. Use a heat gun and fix it if you're that picky. I just used a pin to remove a couple air bubbles. No offense, but this is nit-picking to the extreme. The new decal in the mail is above and beyond great service.

#4024 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Absolutely. I feel sorry for the company having to deal with stuff like this. Use a heat gun and fix it if you're that picky. I just used a pin to remove a couple air bubbles. No offense, but this is nit-picking to the extreme. The new decal in the mail is above and beyond great service.

It's not a bubble in my case, there's actually something underneath it. I appreciate the feedback, even though you added some unnecessary attitude. Look, some a-hole applied this sticker and sent it down the line knowing there was an issue. To me, it's a defect that should have been caught/replaced before it was ever boxed up. Believe it or not, I've never professionally worked on these machines so there is a very good chance that my application of a sticker might not be to the level or someone that does it repeatedly. I personally like to take care of my machines and preserve the like-new condition, not have them look like I modified it after the 1st month of owning it. If I try to fix this myself based on your suggestion and it looks even worse, they surely won't do anything for me after that. So I guess I disagree with your opinion.

#4025 5 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Thanks, I actually did read through them and I appreciated the time you took to post it. However, I'm not seeing the partial screen display so it may not be the exact same issue that you experienced, but I'll definitely keep your posts in mind as I work through support.

#4026 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

It's not a bubble in my case, there's actually something underneath it. I appreciate the feedback, even though you added some unnecessary attitude. Look, some a-hole applied this sticker and sent it down the line knowing there was an issue. To me, it's a defect that should have been caught/replaced before it was ever boxed up. Believe it or not, I've never professionally worked on these machines so there is a very good chance that my application of a sticker might not be to the level or someone that does it repeatedly. I personally like to take care of my machines and preserve the like-new condition, not have them look like I modified it after the 1st month of owning it. If I try to fix this myself based on your suggestion and it looks even worse, they surely won't do anything for me after that. So I guess I disagree with your opinion.

That's perfectly fine, and I'm not adding any snarky tone to my posts. It's a pinball machine. Removing some dust under the sticker isn't that tough, and as you've said, the company is willing to send you a new sticker. To me, you get two tries: peel up the old, remove dust and replace, or screw that process up and apply a brand new sticker. Small production issues are typical in the world of NIB pinball. Asking for an entire apron is unacceptable in my opinion. Again, not trying to offend. Just answering your question.

#4027 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I had him sign mine at the Allentown show

Of course he asked Joe from pinballstar what to write and he jokingly said “hugs and kisses”. So now it says “to matt, hugs and kisses, Jersey jack”. Haha!

6066CEA6-5E6D-470E-8370-23C87F30A0CE (resized).jpeg6066CEA6-5E6D-470E-8370-23C87F30A0CE (resized).jpeg

C2431637-92F4-4ACD-BF35-6494951682CF (resized).jpegC2431637-92F4-4ACD-BF35-6494951682CF (resized).jpeg

#4028 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

My experiences thus far:

JJP - Occasionally slow to reply, sometimes slow to ship things out (likely due to lack of stock), but they completely stand behind their games. Whether it's a small issue or major, they will get it sorted for you. Jack himself called me to make sure I was taken care of.

Stern - Slow to reply, even slow to resolve issues. I know people that has been taken care of in the end, but it's a frustrating waiting game.

CGC - Quick to respond, and resolve any minor or technical issue. Atrocious support when you have anything major. Take one look at the AFMR thread to see many disgruntled customers.

I'd buy any JJP game with complete confidence. My phone is acting up again on my DI, and I'm not concerned at all because I know they have me covered!

#4029 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

Thanks, I actually did read through them and I appreciated the time you took to post it. However, I'm not seeing the partial screen display so it may not be the exact same issue that you experienced, but I'll definitely keep your posts in mind as I work through support.

See my post #3210 you may have missed it

#4030 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

My experiences thus far:
JJP - Occasionally slow to reply, sometimes slow to ship things out (likely due to lack of stock), but they completely stand behind their games. Whether it's a small issue or major, they will get it sorted for you. Jack himself called me to make sure I was taken care of.
Stern - Slow to reply, even slow to resolve issues. I know people that has been taken care of in the end, but it's a frustrating waiting game.
CGC - Quick to respond, and resolve any minor or technical issue. Atrocious support when you have anything major. Take one look at the AFMR thread to see many disgruntled customers.
I'd buy any JJP game with complete confidence. My phone is acting up again on my DI, and I'm not concerned at all because I know they have me covered!

Your experiences are similar to mine with one caveat. Pat Powers at Stern is awesome and when I direct correspondence to him, the turnaround time is usually pretty good. In general, Stern prefers customers work through their distributors.

snaroff

#4031 5 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

See my post #3210 you may have missed it

When the machine boots- only the bottom third of the phone works. When the gameplay starts- it goes completely black.

I mean, there is a black screen involved, but I don't see this behavior at all. It doesn't happen off of the initial boot and always in the middle of a game. The biggest difference is that I never get a partial screen. I guess it's possible that I need a new phone, but there are some differences.

#4032 5 years ago

Well. Encountered my first problem since getting all NIB stuff resolved. My theater enter switch is stuck on. I have pulled off the theater and looked at the optos and they seem like they are in the right place. I followed the four wires down (two on each side) down to where it connects to a connector and that seems fine. Where to go from here? Bad opto?

#4033 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Well. Encountered my first problem since getting all NIB stuff resolved. My theater enter switch is stuck on. I have pulled off the theater and looked at the optos and they seem like they are in the right place. I followed the four wires down (two on each side) down to where it connects to a connector and that seems fine. Where to go from here? Bad opto?

Could be a bad opto. I'd check the solder on both sides. Might be a bad bulb.

#4034 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Where to go from here?

Check that their connector is plugged into the opto driver board.

More than likely, while the optos look fine, one side or the other popped out of it's hole in the stainless steel wall. Stick it back in and use hot glue on it.

LTG : )

#4035 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'd check the solder on both sides.

No solder. Molded little black plastic opto assemblies.

#4036 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No solder. Molded little black plastic opto assemblies.

Oops! Thanks!

#4037 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check that their connector is plugged into the opto driver board.
More than likely, while the optos look fine, one side or the other popped out of it's hole in the stainless steel wall. Stick it back in and use hot glue on it.

I checked all connections and all is good down to opto boards.

On the right side, the opto is definitely in the hole and I saw hot glue on it (from factory). On the left side, the opto was farther back however, I could swear it was held on by two screws so it couldn’t move. I stuck my finger back there and it didn’t seem like it moved. Should the left side opto be IN the hole. If so, I will have to disassemble again tomorrow.

#4038 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Should the left side opto be IN the hole.

Yes. Snaps in, no screws.

#4039 5 years ago

Hi all, I have a few questions with this new game:

1. In the goodie bag, my game came with two semi-circular mylar sheets for in front of the slings, but the mylar was not installed. By contrast, when I got my WOZ, the mylar was already in the game. Is this true with others? If so, for those of you who have this in a home use environment, have you installed the mylar? I wax regularly so I'm not sure if it is necessary.

2. Has anyone felt the need to put mylar where the ball drops onto the playfield from Station 3?

3. There is a white insert light right behind the Theater that is always on. I assume it is supposed to be on so that you can see behind the Theater screen when there isn't an image displayed? Am I right?

4. I just got to Chaos in Quantum City. Is there an end to it, or does it just go on with you collecting jackpots and avoiding attacks until you drain?

Thanks!

#4040 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

I mean, there is a black screen involved, but I don't see this behavior at all. It doesn't happen off of the initial boot and always in the middle of a game. The biggest difference is that I never get a partial screen. I guess it's possible that I need a new phone, but there are some differences.

I have had the same thing occur with my phone also. A couple of times it went out during a game. Both times I had been playing for a while (>30 min). After a reboot of the machine it worked fine. I suppose it might not be the phone, could be related to the PC VGA output.

Hopefully it is a rare occurence.

#4041 5 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

I have had the same thing occur with my phone also. A couple of times it went out during a game. Both times I had been playing for a while (>30 min). After a reboot of the machine it worked fine. I suppose it might not be the phone, could be related to the PC VGA output.
Hopefully it is a rare occurence.

Now THIS sounds exactly like my issue. I agree, it could be something other than the phone. I wonder if the temps are too high causing the video card to malfunction. If it were the port, I'd expect the issue to be consistent. Heat fluctuates and increases as the game runs, which could cause some video cards issues. This is an AMD card too (Radeon HD6450), which notoriously generate a lot of heat, but can usually run at higher temps.

#4042 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I tried doing it the adjustment thing way, but then the trapdoor didn’t hold open as far and there wasn’t proper clearance for the ball. I’m still in a no win situation.

Since LTG is the official JJP support guy, I'd go with his recommendation. It definitely worked for me; no bending needed

#4043 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I checked all connections and all is good down to opto boards.
On the right side, the opto is definitely in the hole and I saw hot glue on it (from factory). On the left side, the opto was farther back however, I could swear it was held on by two screws so it couldn’t move. I stuck my finger back there and it didn’t seem like it moved. Should the left side opto be IN the hole. If so, I will have to disassemble again tomorrow.

Move the plug to another connector on the Opto multi I/O board and see if it starts registering. That board can go bad, on one or more ports, too. The one we had on WoZ died.

#4044 5 years ago

One other question. What controls the position of the diverted arm? Sometimes, even when I’m not in a mode, I believe the arm is down and diverts the ball. Other times it is up. I would have thought it was mode based, but it seems other things may affect it.

#4045 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

2. Has anyone felt the need to put mylar where the ball drops onto the playfield from Station 3?
3. There is a white insert light right behind the Theater that is always on. I assume it is supposed to be on so that you can see behind the Theater screen when there isn't an image displayed? Am I right?

2...I did, I put a 1" round mylar where the ball drops, you can't even see it unless you look for it.

3...I believe you are correct.

#4046 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Snaps in, no screws.

Are you sure the left side snaps in? It seemed to be on a bracket with two screws just like on one of the ramps. Just want to make sure before I take it apart again. See below in Manual.

571A4FE2-41DE-4CA8-A89B-B4E1509C379E (resized).png571A4FE2-41DE-4CA8-A89B-B4E1509C379E (resized).png

0AF77597-795C-473D-9E2E-EFA9D533D528 (resized).png0AF77597-795C-473D-9E2E-EFA9D533D528 (resized).png

#4047 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Move the plug to another connector on the Opto multi I/O board and see if it starts registering. That board can go bad, on one or more ports, too. The one we had on WoZ died.

I will definitely try this tonight. Seems like phone scoop enter is immediately next to the theater enter opto port.

#4048 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

Now THIS sounds exactly like my issue. I agree, it could be something other than the phone. I wonder if the temps are too high causing the video card to malfunction. If it were the port, I'd expect the issue to be consistent. Heat fluctuates and increases as the game runs, which could cause some video cards issues. This is an AMD card too (Radeon HD6450), which notoriously generate a lot of heat, but can usually run at higher temps.

My phone went black after playing for a while as well. From my experience and a few others, it is almost definitely your phone. Hook up a computer monitor to the VGA out and see if it happens. It likely won’t.

#4049 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

One other question. What controls the position of the diverted arm? Sometimes, even when I’m not in a mode, I believe the arm is down and diverts the ball. Other times it is up. I would have thought it was mode based, but it seems other things may affect it.

When lock is lit, the diverter arm goes down. It’s also used during Acid Rain mode and BOB wrench multiball.

#4050 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

When lock is lit, the diverter arm goes down.

I wonder what the rationale for that is, or is it just an excuse to mix things up?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 22.50
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/81?hl=insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.