Topic Stats

• 9,055 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Mageek
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DI CLIP (resized).jpg
DI1 (resized).jpg
DI2 (resized).jpg
DI4 (resized).jpg
69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg
568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg
diflash (resized).jpg
99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg
di-decals-sample (resized).jpg
decals4 (resized).jpg
decals2 (resized).jpg
decals1 (resized).jpg
decals0 (resized).jpg
E7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpeg
20190828_143115 (resized).jpg
20190814_142930 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 9055 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 182.
#3901 1 year ago

They allowed you to refuse delivery after cutting open the box? I usually inspect the outside of the box and open just the top and peak in. How do they return/ship with a compromised box?

#3902 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I finally got to and completed the showdown wizard mode (no SIM card carry over) what a great pin .

great score! quick question do you have a cliffy on the phone hole? I get a lot of rejects from it.. I tried both the jjp one and the cliffy one.
ps. I just searched it there's a lot of posts about it , I may have an older version of the cliffy . I'll have to get a new one.

#3903 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

They allowed you to refuse delivery after cutting open the box? I usually inspect the outside of the box and open just the top and peak in. How do they return/ship with a compromised box?

That’s what I’ve always Been instructed to do by the distro. The driver can’t force you to sign

#3904 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

ALWAYS open and inspect. If this hadn’t had the tip n tell and I had only peeked in the top I woulda been screwed. The box looked fine, but clearly something seriously went wrong between NJ and CO, it had been droppped hard. ALWAYS open and inspect.

#3905 1 year ago

Archived after 20 days
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Machine - Wanted
Wanted! “I am looking for quotes on a newer build NIB DI LE. Cash in hand and I can pick up at Pintastic in Sturbridge MA on Saturday night or Sunday during the show if that will save me so...”
2018-04-30
Mansfield, MA
Wanted

or a minty used copy within a couple hours of my location.

#3906 1 year ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Machine - Wanted
Wanted:NIB Dialed In LE. Can pick up @ PINTASTICWanted! “I am looking for quotes on a newer build NIB DI LE. Cash in hand and I can pick up at Pintastic in Sturbridge MA on Saturday night or Sunday during the show if that will save me so...”
1 day ago Mansfield, MA
Wanted
msj2222

Why not order one from PinballSTAR?

#3907 1 year ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Will have a minty one for sale within a couple weeks.

#3908 1 year ago

Woohoo Nice surprise today! JJ @Game Exchange said he could squeeze me in today, Dialed In LE on the way! Nice surprise after yesterdays heart break.

#3909 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Will have a minty one for sale within a couple weeks.

Thats sounds perfect...pm me details please

#3910 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Why not order one from PinballSTAR?

I might just do that but since im in no huge hurry and dont mind used...i might as well field some options....expecially since they will flood the market with these till people stop buying.

#3911 1 year ago

Woohoo, second time was a charm! Machine is 100% perfect. Thanks JJ @ Game Exchange!

40f4e6f9-85b6-43fc-b5fa-bc27b307e3d6 (resized).jpg

#3912 1 year ago

Ha Ha wow! This game is a blast!

#3913 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Ha Ha wow! This game is a blast!

It’s the best!

#3914 1 year ago

Ugh,
So far not a blast for me.. played about 20 games..
Even with easy settings (easier disaster modes, carry over SIM cards, 5 ball games)
still..
Lucky to complete more than one mode.. or collect one SIM card..
Random stuff like hitting lock shot, Bob modes, hitting Big Bang, skill shot/super skill shot/starting modes and the phone MB are all doable
but so far.. just can't finish shots on modes..
game is set up right with appropriate flipper power and Cliffys are not interfering with shots..
I'm beginning to think I just suck at this game..
Waaa waaa

#3915 1 year ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

I'm beginning to think I just suck at this game..
Waaa waaa

For me it's kind of a tough game...much harder than my SW. Sim cards are of course, are a bitch to collect.

#3916 1 year ago

Right orbit that turns into ramp not registering.The rollover switch does when I roll a ball over it but the ramp switch later doesn’t. If you have multiball and you hit the right ramp nothing happens

#3917 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Right orbit that turns into ramp not registering.The rollover switch does when I roll a ball over it but the ramp switch later doesn’t. If you have multiball and you hit the right ramp nothing happens

Should be simple switch adjustment

#3918 1 year ago

Dialed in’s available at Abel Electronics. In stock. Also on free play with Potc and Houdini. We are a JJP and American Pinball distributor out of st. Clair Shores Michigan. We will ship anywhere. PM for quote. Stop by and try one out.

69C9DCA9-EF66-41D6-B377-B1CBBF7DADF6 (resized).jpeg

#3919 1 year ago

Mine plays a lot harder than I thought it would.
My typical game: light big bang. lock ball. Cancel multi ball. Start mode. Start multi ball. Immediately Drain. Repeat.

#3920 1 year ago

It can b a tuff game

#3921 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just adjust the switch arm out a bit more.

#3922 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Just adjust the switch arm out a bit more.

I went into switch test it’s #47 right ramp made and it doesn’t work in test either.Tried to manually activate with no luck

#3923 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I went into switch test it’s #47 right ramp made and it doesn’t work in test either.Tried to manually activate with no luck

New switch time if you don't see any wires disconnected.

#3924 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

New switch time if you don't see any wires disconnected.

Wow have your seen them go bad that fast?Same switch used in B/W?

#3925 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wow have your seen them go bad that fast?Same switch used in B/W?

I had a coil burn melt pretty quick and had to reaplce a board so anything is possible. You can contact them to send out a new one but you may have an old one that works. You could at least solder it on quick and see if that is actually the issue.

#3926 1 year ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

I just want a phone that works
Jack just got involved personally-- since I'm not far from him in NJ he's going to send a tech to figure out what the heck is the issue. I hope it helps everyone here as well.
Stay tuned....waiting on JJP to schedule it.
That was super cool of Jack to jump in and just cut to the chase.

So wanting to know if you got a JJP tech out yet and I am having similar issues with my phone?

#3927 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Well, that was easy. If all the wires are connected and it doesn't work, time to get a new switch.

#3928 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

check continuity at the lugs while manually activating the switch. If that fails the switch is bad. If that works you have a good switch and either a broken wire, which you'd see during the continuity test, or a problem somewhere else, the matrix.

#3929 1 year ago

"So far not a blast for me.. played about 20 games..
Even with easy settings (easier disaster modes, carry over SIM cards, 5 ball games)
still.."

Don't feel bad I stink at it also. However recently I ended up with a score over 500,000 at Level 257, 2 weeks ago. Never got that high before.
I played about 15 games that day since I'm revisiting this as an addition. I did choose Hobbit over DI maybe because lack of success in DI game play 18 months ago. I would look at increasing the ball save for starters. I hope it works out for you. Good luck.

#3930 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

check continuity at the lugs while manually activating the switch. If that fails the switch is bad. If that works you have a good switch and either a broken wire, which you'd see during the continuity test, or a problem somewhere else, the matrix.

Easy fix but hard to see at first.
The diode leg had broke from back lug

#3931 1 year ago

Not bad for only owning the game 24 hours. Collected one SIM card.

FE6CA7BB-4E31-413E-925E-9CDF14BE07A8 (resized).jpeg

#3932 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Not bad for only owning the game 24 hours. Collected one SIM card.

Ahh you have far to go grasshopper. Kung Fu 1975

#3933 1 year ago

I got a NIB DILE yesterday. I’ve been wanting one a while. It’s shoots so well.
Such a great game for combos...just one of the many things I really like about this game.

1FEC363F-09E5-428E-A936-723578D6056A (resized).jpeg

3FC5E887-0766-4406-9A49-E564691812B4 (resized).jpeg

68096FD3-1188-481F-B0D4-BF2AEC081F35 (resized).jpeg

28BB29DC-D652-4674-BE33-310996B591C8 (resized).jpeg

#3934 1 year ago

I assume in the second photo that your child is recording an unboxing video?

I Love it.

It's a great game. Enjoy!

#3935 1 year ago

That little one looks to be a player.

#3936 1 year ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Machine - Wanted
Wanted:NIB Dialed In LE. Can pick up @ PINTASTICWanted! “I am looking for quotes on a newer build NIB DI LE. Cash in hand and I can pick up at Pintastic in Sturbridge MA on Saturday night or Sunday during the show if that will save me so...”

Wanted
Edit ad detailsEnd ad listing

I also have an awesome STLE that I would trade. It has every upgrade imaginable

#3937 1 year ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

So wanting to know if you got a JJP tech out yet and I am having similar issues with my phone?

I was told he's coming on Wed- fortunately I WFH that day

I'll report back.....

#3938 1 year ago

That baby might still be in diapers, but IT KNOWS AN EMP STRIKE WHEN IT SEES ONE!!!!

#3939 1 year ago

So, I've looked at the topics outlined in the TOC for this post and done a bit of searching, but haven't seen anything that appears related to my current issue. I have a DILE that won't start up anymore. :/ When I flip the switch to power it on, I can hear the fans turn on for a second, like normal, but then nothing. The displays don't turn on, nothing happens.

I checked all the fuses on the board in the backbox, and all are fine and seated tight as far as I can tell. Not finding any other set of fuses to check.

I believe it may be due to an old school outlet timer I had plugged it into - long story short, I had reason for it to be on 24/7 but wanted it to at least get reset on/off 1x nightly as I was having the issues where lights would get stuck on a color, etc.

I only had it on the timer for about a day and a half, and I believe it may have caused an electrical spike to the machine or something. :/

Any help is appreciated. I've submitted a ticket to JJP, but haven't heard back and it's been a couple of weeks, so thought I'd post up my issue here (if there's a better thread

#3940 1 year ago
Quoted from skondris:

So, I've looked at the topics outlined in the TOC for this post and done a bit of searching, but haven't seen anything that appears related to my current issue. I have a DILE that won't start up anymore. :/ When I flip the switch to power it on, I can hear the fans turn on for a second, like normal, but then nothing. The displays don't turn on, nothing happens.
I checked all the fuses on the board in the backbox, and all are fine and seated tight as far as I can tell. Not finding any other set of fuses to check.
I believe it may be due to an old school outlet timer I had plugged it into - long story short, I had reason for it to be on 24/7 but wanted it to at least get reset on/off 1x nightly as I was having the issues where lights would get stuck on a color, etc.
I only had it on the timer for about a day and a half, and I believe it may have caused an electrical spike to the machine or something. :/
Any help is appreciated. I've submitted a ticket to JJP, but haven't heard back and it's been a couple of weeks, so thought I'd post up my issue here (if there's a better thread

I'd check power connections. I know that power cord can wiggle loose on the cabinet so it's connected, but not enough. Check that. Then open the computer box and make sure the connection to the power supply is good and see if the motherboard lights are on and if the cpu fan is spinning (separate from the backbox fan you likely are hearing).

I would also CALL Frank at JJP support, 732-364-9900 x 1222 - their ticket system sucks in my experience. A phone call is much better/faster. You shouldn't still be hanging on this with no contact for 2 weeks...

#3941 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'd check power connections. I know that power cord can wiggle loose on the cabinet so it's connected, but not enough. Check that. Then open the computer box and make sure the connection to the power supply is good and see if the motherboard lights are on and if the cpu fan is spinning (separate from the backbox fan you likely are hearing).
I would also CALL Frank at JJP support, 732-364-9900 x 1222 - their ticket system sucks in my experience. A phone call is much better/faster. You shouldn't still be hanging on this with no contact for 2 weeks...

Computer power supplies need to be fully yanked from the wall (pull it outfrom the back of the cab) sometimes when they have an issue. You may try that as well, leave it off for 30 seconds or whatever. It does sound like it might be more serious but it’s worth a shot

#3942 1 year ago

My camera stops working, a reboot usually fixes it. Ideas?

#3943 1 year ago

Yeah, I've double-checked all of that and unplugged it for several minutes to let the power drain fully already, still no joy.

I'll take your advice and call JJP directly on thursday when I have some time.

thanks,

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Computer power supplies need to be fully yanked from the wall (pull it outfrom the back of the cab) sometimes when they have an issue. You may try that as well, leave it off for 30 seconds or whatever. It does sound like it might be more serious but it’s worth a shot

#3944 1 year ago

What version game code are you on? I had an issue before the 1.50 update where the camera would just show an old selfie from a previous game until reboot. but the 1.50 update it hasn't happened to me (at least while mine was powering on, haha).

Quoted from WackyBrakke:

My camera stops working, a reboot usually fixes it. Ideas?

#3945 1 year ago

Does anyone have a QUED toy (electric guy) that is holding just 1 lightning bolt in both arms? Mine came lose and I need to hot glue it back on but I only see the 1 piece. Did JJP switch from using 2 separate lightning bolt plastics to 1 at some point?

#3946 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone have a QUED toy (electric guy) that is holding just 1 lightning bolt in both arms? Mine came lose and I need to hot glue it back on but I only see the 1 piece. Did JJP switch from using 2 separate lightning bolt plastics to 1 at some point?

it has never been 2 pieces.

#3947 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like yours was broken in half. It has always been one piece and there is no reason for glue, it pressure fits in there.

Mine was broken on delivery, JJP sent me a new one.

#3948 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

it has never been 2 pieces.

Quoted from Insanity199:

Sounds like yours was broken in half. It has always been one piece and there is no reason for glue, it pressure fits in there.
Mine was broken on delivery, JJP sent me a new one.

Thanks! I'll take a look at the part again tonight and ask my distributor to send me a new one from JJP.

#3949 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Mine is 2 pieces....installed them and they fell out immediately. Never reinstalled them.

Edit: I guess mine came broken as well...I just thought people we got glueing the lightening bolt to QED

#3950 1 year ago

Mine was broken as well. JJP quickly replaced it for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 9,000.00
$ 189.00
There are 9055 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside