IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 273.
#3851 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Heard something fall, then I noticed the Betty arm/diverter not working. Loomed in the cab and found these parts. I'm not sure how to put it back together or if I found all the pieces.

Also i took the washer out of mine bc it worked better without it....

#3852 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Should be a couple springs wound together too. The leg leveler looking thing rides on that cam. It screws into the shaft above, you can adjust the height with that nut.
LTG : )

Seems some pins used springs and some didnt? I may have took them out also lol...

#3853 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

Thanks vireland. I gotta be honest, this freaks me out a little. I can see this turning out badly since I'll be doing it... lol.

Take a picture beforehand. Worse case scenario, you get an apron sticker under warranty.

#3854 5 years ago

Found springs too

#3855 5 years ago

All good. Thanks gentlemen.

#3856 5 years ago

Are JJP games all price locked? Trying to figure out if i need to shop around

#3857 5 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Yes, all manufacturers are setting lowest street prices

#3858 5 years ago

So, it’s pretty much msrp on nib JJP or no?

#3859 5 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

So, it’s pretty much msrp on nib JJP or no?

No,MSRP is "manufacturer suggested
Retail price". What they are pushing now is a "minimum sales price". In other words, it can not officially go lower for any reason. Game console manufacturers have been doing this since the 80s. This is also why you sometimes see "call for price" in ads.

#3860 5 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

If u call around u will find some distros fee hundred cheaper.

#3861 5 years ago

When the manual is supposed to be received?
Thanks

#3862 5 years ago

Just a heads up for anyone getting a new Dialed In. Replace the balls! After 10 games or so games two of the stock balls already had gouges in them, and one even a small burr. I noticed a couple very light clear scratches that thankfully came out with Novus 2. I threw the stock balls away and replaced with premium Super Shiny balls.

#3863 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just a heads up for anyone getting a new Dialed In. Replace the balls! After 10 games or so games two of the stock balls already had gouges in them, and one even a small burr. I noticed a couple very light clear scratches that thankfully came out with Novus 2. I threw the stock balls away and replaced with premium Super Shiny balls.

I can't believe they're still shipping machines with those shitty balls! We all went through this months ago, clearcoat getting scratched to fuck within minutes of playing because of the crap balls. FFS Jack, sort it out!.

#3864 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I can't believe they're still shipping machines with those shitty balls! We all went through this months ago, clearcoat getting scratched to fuck within minutes of playing because of the crap balls. FFS Jack, sort it out!.

Something in the game tears them up. They are ok out of the bag(mine were) it sld use chrome ones but they magnetize and cause issues, so u have to use the softer carbon core ones unfortunately.

#3865 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Something in the game tears them up. They are ok out of the bag(mine were) it sld use chrome ones but they magnetize and cause issues, so u have to use the softer carbon core ones unfortunately.

Yeah. I read in another thread to turn the power on the pops slightly down. Others have posted that changing to the premium Super Shiny balls solved their issues and that the balls are fine after 100's of plays. I'm just glad I noticed those two fine scratches before things got worse. A good 30 seconds or so of Novus 2 being wiped over the area took them out.

#3866 5 years ago

I always put better balls in from day 1, all manufactures.......

#3867 5 years ago

The JJP protectors have sharp edges, so they will mangle balls early on. I tumbled the balls more often for the first while.

Scratches are normal. They are just more visible on thicker, clearer clear.

#3868 5 years ago

DI recovered from a boot issue today. I was impressed. I let my 3-year old son play DI yesterday and I assume when he turned it off he probably flipped the switch a few times. Since DI uses writable storage I figured some files must have been corrupted when I turned it on and got some Ubuntu boot menu.

Let it sit. Nothing happened. Rebooted. Same thing. Rebooted again, waited, it went through some process and then finally booted up. Subsequent reboots worked as normal. Not sure what happened but glad DI has a mechanism to recover from this.

Unrelated....is it me or do DI's flippers seem softer than other machines? All of my Stern's have lightening fast, super responsive flippers. My WMS games a close 2nd. My MMR a close 3rd. But DI seems to suffer from random fading even during single ball play, and much more prominently as the ball gets to the end of the flipper, making orbit shots hard to hit since the power seems to vary each shot. The flipper strength is set plenty powerful enough as the ball goes up the left and right ramps without issue. But the orbits, especially the left one shot from right flipper seems to vary in power every shot. Am I losing my mind or does anyone else experience this?

#3869 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Unrelated....is it me or do DI's flippers seem softer than other machines? All of my Stern's have lightening fast, super responsive flippers. My WMS games a close 2nd. My MMR a close 3rd. But DI seems to suffer from random fading even during single ball play, and much more prominently as the ball gets to the end of the flipper, making orbit shots hard to hit since the power seems to vary each shot. The flipper strength is set plenty powerful enough as the ball goes up the left and right ramps without issue. But the orbits, especially the left one shot from right flipper seems to vary in power every shot. Am I losing my mind or does anyone else experience this?

No, the flippers are pretty much cannons on factory settings.

#3870 5 years ago

It's out for delivery! I'm stop #14, :-/ sounds like end of the day.....But today at any rate!

#3871 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I've asked this same question and was told that the flippers are exactly the same as other pins. So it's just us.

#3872 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I've asked this same question and was told that the flippers are exactly the same as other pins.

HA! Yeah, not even close. Can only guess people saying that have never played a Stern. If I play DI and then play Metallica it feels like the flippers in MET are powered by rockets.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. There must be an issue with the voltage regulator that controls the coil power. I say this because sometimes the kickback punches the sh*t out of the ball and sometimes it barely makes it half way up the playfield. Same with the phone scoop. I set it lower so it would stop hitting the ramp rail, and 90% of the time it kicks out perfectly. The other 10% is barely makes it out of the hole. I imagine the flipper(s) suffer from the same randomness.

#3873 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

No, the flippers are pretty much cannons on factory settings.

For sure. My game had both lower flippers set to 18 which is a few notches down from the default settings.

#3874 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For sure. My game had both lower flippers set to 18 which is a few notches down from the default settings.

All three of my flippers are set to max to make it play well. Can only make it up the right ramp from the left flipper about 50% of the time. And I have tuned the EOS, tightened the coil mounts so that there is no play and checked the gap between the flippers and the playfield etc. Playfield is set at 6.5 degrees.

#3875 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

HA! Yeah, not even close. Can only guess people saying that have never played a Stern. If I play DI and then play Metallica it feels like the flippers in MET are powered by rockets.
Thanks for confirming what I suspected. There must be an issue with the voltage regulator that controls the coil power. I say this because sometimes the kickback punches the sh*t out of the ball and sometimes it barely makes it half way up the playfield. Same with the phone scoop. I set it lower so it would stop hitting the ramp rail, and 90% of the time it kicks out perfectly. The other 10% is barely makes it out of the hole. I imagine the flipper(s) suffer from the same randomness.

variably of the kickback is going to be mostly determined by the ball. The coil fires when the switch is closed, a slow ball may not be as far back in the outlane when contact is made with the plunger. This will affect the kickback strength. A fast moving ball will contact the plunder deeper in the outlane but also have more inertia to be stopped and turned around, also affecting the exit velocity.

#3876 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

All three of my flippers are set to max to make it play well. Can only make it up the right ramp from the left flipper about 50% of the time. And I have tuned the EOS, tightened the coil mounts so that there is no play and checked the gap between the flippers and the playfield etc.

If you are at max, either there's something wrong with your game, or your setup is wrong.

#3877 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I always put better balls in from day 1, all manufactures.......

Always.

#3878 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

If you are at max, either there's something wrong with your game, or your setup is wrong.

It’s setup right. Any idea what could be wrong?

#3879 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Always flipper issues

#3880 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

All three of my flippers are set to max to make it play well. Can only make it up the right ramp from the left flipper about 50% of the time. And I have tuned the EOS, tightened the coil mounts so that there is no play and checked the gap between the flippers and the playfield etc. Playfield is set at 6.5 degrees.

My left/right are @ 21 (max 26) and upper @ 15 (max 20). I believe these are the default settings.

Might want to purchase this handy tool for monitoring your voltage (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CDJRLKI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00).

If the voltage checks out, then something else is wrong. Are the coils weak in general or just the flippers?

snaroff

#3881 5 years ago

The only thing about monitoring the voltage is that I have 3 other pins in the same room all running from the same socket. Usually only one is turned on at any given time. All of the other pins flippers work well, including (in the past) a TZ, MMR, and a few Sterns. It's definitely this pin. I guess I could change out the coils. Is there any way to tell if the coils are getting the proper power? I have a pretty good meter but have NO idea how to use it. Was going to learn, but haven't gotten around to it. . .

#3882 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The only thing about monitoring the voltage is that I have 3 other pins in the same room all running from the same socket. Usually only one is turned on at any given time. All of the other pins flippers work well, including (in the past) a TZ, MMR, and a few Sterns. It's definitely this pin. I guess I could change out the coils. Is there any way to tell if the coils are getting the proper power? I have a pretty good meter but have NO idea how to use it. Was going to learn, but haven't gotten around to it. . .

Makes sense. I doubt it's the coils. Were the flippers ever working properly? I'm not savvy with JJP electronics...I'd call them and see if they have any suggestions on what to look out for.

snaroff

#3883 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

All three of my flippers are set to max to make it play well. Can only make it up the right ramp from the left flipper about 50% of the time.

WOW....something must be wrong with your game. My left flipper is on default and even dribblers make it up the right ramp. Right flipper is one notch up from default....all shots are fine but left orbit shot fades hard. Turning the flipper strength up won't help because it will make every other shot too powerful. This is my 2nd DI and they both felt the same way.

#3884 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It's out for delivery! I'm stop #14, :-/ sounds like end of the day.....But today at any rate!

Awesome! I think you are really going to like it. I've had mine for less than a week and I'm having a blast. If you haven't already order a audio ground loop isolator, or better yet ask JJP for one, as there's a good chance your speakers will have static present due to electrical interference.

#3885 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

WOW....something must be wrong with your game. My left flipper is on default and even dribblers make it up the right ramp. Right flipper is one notch up from default....all shots are fine but left orbit shot fades hard. Turning the flipper strength up won't help because it will make every other shot too powerful. This is my 2nd DI and they both felt the same way.

I’m sorry, your SECOND?

#3886 5 years ago

wellllll that didn't go well, delivery refused.
Glass busted, cabinet probably busted.

IMG_0887 (resized).jpgIMG_0887 (resized).jpg

IMG_0888 (resized).jpgIMG_0888 (resized).jpg

IMG_0889 (resized).jpgIMG_0889 (resized).jpg

#3887 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Oh crap. That sucks

#3888 5 years ago

Thanks for the blown weekend guys

#3889 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Man that pisses me off... mine came damaged also.... freaking idiots cant do a easy f--ing job.

#3890 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Thank goodness you refused delivery. My distributor uses R&L and it sounds like they have done a very good job shipping games. Maybe see if your distributor can use them for the replacement.

https://www.rlcarriers.com/

#3891 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Thank goodness you refused delivery. My distributor uses R&L and it sounds like they have done a very good job shipping games. Maybe see if your distributor can use them for the replacement.

This was R&L.........

#3892 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

This was R&L.........

Damn, well nevermind, lol. Guess it just depends on whoever is moving the game if they are being careful or not.

#3893 5 years ago

Sounds like JJ @ Game Exchange might save my day! They might have an LE is stock. Just waiting to hear back from JJP if I can get a refund and buy from JJ.

#3894 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

R&L is super inconsistent in my experience.

#3895 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Sounds like JJ @ Game Exchange might save my day! They might have an LE is stock. Just waiting to hear back from JJP if I can get a refund and buy from JJ.

Damn that sucks good luck with Game Exchange

#3896 5 years ago

Woohooo JJ @ Game Exchange rocks! Purchasing a replacement LE from him, to be here Thursday.

#3897 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Woohooo JJ @ Game Exchange rocks! Purchasing a replacement LE from him, to be here Thursday.

Weekend saved!

#3898 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Nice glad it worked out. I buy from
JJ too and he has been great to deal with. It will be worth the wait it is a fantastic game.

#3899 5 years ago

I finally got to and completed the showdown wizard mode (no SIM card carry over) what a great pin .

4060E013-785C-4157-BCA2-4A80857111DC (resized).jpeg4060E013-785C-4157-BCA2-4A80857111DC (resized).jpeg

#3900 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I finally got to and completed the showdown wizard mode (no SIM card carry over) what a great pin .

Impressive, and congrats!! My best is 3 sims so far. I'm just glad to know I have a whole lot more games to play!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 22.50
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/78?hl=grimdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.