IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 273.
#3751 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I may be wrong here, but I think the external volume control/headphone jack may not be on the Standard either. Not a real big deal, but I love being able to change the machine volume without having to open the coin door.

Correct it is not on the pro.

#3752 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I'm going to get a Dialed In!!!!! Having some serious debate in my brain about the Standard vs LE. $1000 more and JJP really seemed to add the value.
The manual is nice, I'd probably buy one if I got a Standard. So that's $100
I like powder coated trim, probably a $400 value?
The Invisiglass, meh I have a spare sheet of PDI so that's a wash for me.
Do the lighted ramps make a big difference? IDK
So idk.....it's like a $500 jump for me to go to the LE....what do I do???

This will most likely be my next pin and going LE b/c of the blue powder coat and love the ramp lights. Can you maybe save a few bucks to have it powder coated yourself? Ya - but that is a bit of a hassle.

#3753 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

FYI, I emailed about the lockdown bar to JJP techsupport 15th of March as they instructed me, but they have still not come back to me regarding any replacement.

Email them again. Add to your ticket or open one.

LTG : )

#3754 5 years ago

Could you buy the ramp that lights up off le and put it on standard?? I can do my own powdercoating. Didnt know if they sold those seperately?

#3755 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I'm going to get a Dialed In!!!!! Having some serious debate in my brain about the Standard vs LE. $1000 more and JJP really seemed to add the value.
The manual is nice, I'd probably buy one if I got a Standard. So that's $100
I like powder coated trim, probably a $400 value?
The Invisiglass, meh I have a spare sheet of PDI so that's a wash for me.
Do the lighted ramps make a big difference? IDK
So idk.....it's like a $500 jump for me to go to the LE....what do I do???

The standard is really nice as well but for $1k I thought the jump in price to the LE was worth it. With the LE you get the following items

1. Invisiglass - $300
2. Premium power coated trim (JJP does a really nice job with their powder coats) - $250
3. Lights ramps - can't really put a price on these as they are integrated into the game. The extra lights on the ramp really standout. I would put these at $150
4. Manual - $100 (JJP puts the nicest manuals out in pinball)
5. Laser etched backpanel - I would guess $50 - $100
6. 3D Quantum theater sign - $20 - $40, just a guess

$1,000 right there give or take. You could always use the spare sheet of PDI glass on another pin.

#3756 5 years ago

I DID IT! LE on the way

#3757 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I DID IT! LE on the way

You will be extremely happy....i always walk away with a smile on my face.

#3758 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You will be extremely happy....i always walk away with a smile on my face.

I do too, but you wouldn't know it by looking at the picture the camera always takes of me.

"Worst selfie ever."

#3759 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I DID IT! LE on the way

Nice!!! When you add it all up, the LE is really a fine deal - powdercoat is a couple hundred, invisiglass, the ramp lights... it's very close

#3760 5 years ago

Anyone think that a software update including a ball save for ejects from the phone that go SDTM would be a good idea? I know they did this on Ghostbusters.

Also, maybe having Chaos In QC having some sort of impact on the progress of your game, or possibly spitting out a SIM if you complete enough an objective during?

#3761 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone think that a software update including a ball save for ejects from the phone that go SDTM would be a good idea? I know they did this on Ghostbusters.
Also, maybe having Chaos In QC having some sort of impact on the progress of your game, or possibly spitting out a SIM if you complete enough an objective during?

Im happy with the software overall ..just needs the animations finished. Every di i have played always shoots it to the right flipper. You may need to bend your scoop down if u are having isssues

#3762 5 years ago

I think that CiQC should have a SIM award after a set amount of jackpots. Also, it should award SIM cards instead of ignoring SIM hole shots during the mode. JJP says that this will be included in the next update.

#3763 5 years ago

I find it annoying that if you've hit the sim hole or the bob hole ( the ball thus ending up in the phone scoop via the subway ) shots to the phone are pointless. So in multiball when you're trying to get an add-a-ball and a ball enters either of the other 2 holes first a shot to the phone scoop will not register as there's only 1 opto there already detecting a ball. 1 or 2 more optos in there would have fixed that. Never mind, doesn't happen THAT often so no biggy.

#3764 5 years ago

We are hosting a party with non-pinheads, so I want to make the game as fun as possible. I'll turn on the daily high score function and increase the ball saver time. I'm really on the fence about 3 vs 5 balls but are there any other settings y'all recommend to increase the fun and decrease the frustration for someone that is likely to just flail away?

#3765 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

We are hosting a party with non-pinheads, so I want to make the game as fun as possible. I'll turn on the daily high score function and increase the ball saver time. I'm really on the fence about 3 vs 5 balls but are there any other settings y'all recommend to increase the fun and decrease the frustration for someone that is likely to just flail away?

5 ball is not absolutely necessary, I would hold off until people start getting into the “story” and the “levels” so to speak (e.g. the multiballs, CIQC, etc)

Hold over the SIM card across balls, that makes a huge difference in fun and scoring

#3766 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

IMO the scoop is way to far up and doesn't eject fast enough for a ball saver. GB & SW absolutely zip out of their half scoops.

#3767 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Adjust the settings on your phone scoop. I had a similar issue with sdtm, changed setting to I think 18 and it has been perfect ever since, always goes to right flipper.

#3768 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

5 ball is not absolutely necessary, I would hold off until people start getting into the “story” and the “levels” so to speak (e.g. the multiballs, CIQC, etc)
Hold over the SIM card across balls, that makes a huge difference in fun and scoring

I worry they will never get into the story and will instead move to the other games. I wish there were some way (maybe there is) to ensure that the Selfie mode always came up on 'trip' to Bob's as this tends to suck people into the game.

#3769 5 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Is there any penalty for using Big Bang to complete modes vs. completing all the shots?

I wouldn't call it a "penalty", but the SIM Card multiplier only applies to the shots made. Using Big Bang scores the un-made shots without multiplier.
--Ted

#3770 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Are you sure this isn't correct operation?
Once you have lit the lock (left ramp & right ramp), the mechanic's arm (diverter) comes down and stops the ball making the full ramp and instead puts the ball on the upper playfield.
It means if you're going for combos you need to do it before lighting the lock

No, its not the diverter, this happens about where the switch is, a few inches before the diverter and miniplayfield. I softened the arm on the switch a bit, but that didn't make a difference.

#3771 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

I wouldn't call it a "penalty", but the SIM Card multiplier only applies to the shots made. Using Big Bang scores the un-made shots without multiplier.
--Ted

Great feature, you get the mode completed and your bonus for the work you have actually done. But you don't get a bonus on your uncompleted stuff. Its a great risk reward choice. Lower points, but getting it completed right now, and getting a chance at a sim card for higher multipliers later, or try to get a higher score now by not taking big bang and making the shots manually, but risk not completing the mode and not getting a shot at a sim card at all.

#3772 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I worry they will never get into the story and will instead move to the other games. I wish there were some way (maybe there is) to ensure that the Selfie mode always came up on 'trip' to Bob's as this tends to suck people into the game.

Agreed 1,000%, this is ALWAYS when people go “whoa!!” on our game

#3773 5 years ago

Had LE# 24 delivered today! Game was built on 4/13/18. I can't play the game though as fuse F706 which controls the trough VUK is blown I don't have any if the fuses on hand so will need to go out and get some tomorrow. The game is sure pretty to stare at though, lol. The rest of the game looks good!

20180425_190109 (resized).jpg20180425_190109 (resized).jpg
20180425_201757 (resized).jpg20180425_201757 (resized).jpg
20180425_221628 (resized).jpg20180425_221628 (resized).jpg

#3774 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

fuse F706 which controls the trough VUK is blown

Time Delay 6.3 Amp , one of those small 20mm fuses.

#3775 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Had LE# 24 delivered today! Game was built on 4/13/18. I can't play the game though as fuse F706 which controls the trough VUK is blown I don't have any if the fuses on hand so will need to go out and get some tomorrow. The game is sure pretty to stare at though, lol. The rest of the game looks good!

Very awesome and congrats on a great pin.. ..wonder y that fuse blew tho

#3776 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

U can open the coin door and manually plunge one into shooter lane just to hit the ball around some

#3777 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U can open the coin door and manually plunge one into shooter lane just to hit the ball around some

You can.

Drone Magnet, Kickback, Auto Launch, won't work either.

#3778 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Time Delay 6.3 Amp , one of those small 20mm fuses.

Thanks Lloyd, I appreciate the info. Is there a reason why that fuse blew on a new game?

#3779 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Is there a reason why that fuse blew on a new game?

You'll know if a new one blows right away.

Sometimes crap happens and never happens again. And sometimes there is a reason.

Watch the VUK for the ball trough. If it locks on at power up, a premature transistor failure on the I/O board. If not, you may be okay.

We shall hope for the best.

#3780 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You'll know if a new one blows right away.
Sometimes crap happens and never happens again. And sometimes there is a reason.
Watch the VUK for the ball trough. If it locks on at power up, a premature transistor failure on the I/O board. If not, you may be okay.
We shall hope for the best.

Thanks, will get the fuse replaced today or tomorrow. This is the first fuse I've had blow on one of my JJP games but it was really easy to find out which one blew thanks to the games menu, it's nice how the fuses are listed on screen.

20180425_221111 (resized).jpg20180425_221111 (resized).jpg

#3781 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Inside secret: On multi-player games, Selfie Mode is much more likely to happen.
--Ted

#3782 5 years ago

I feel like I get selfie mode Constantly.

#3783 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Inside secret: On multi-player games, Selfie Mode is much more likely to happen.
--Ted

Interesting and quite clever actually. Heck, maybe you guys know a bit about game play in a real-world environment?...Naah, can't be (at least based on what I read on here )

#3784 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I feel like I get selfie mode Constantly.

You are very photogenic too. Maybe that helps.

#3785 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You are very photogenic too. Maybe that helps.

Lol. No I'm not.

#3786 5 years ago

Fun fact, selfie mode was a primary influencer in getting me to eat better and exercise more. Not kidding

#3787 5 years ago

Just returned my Alien brick with lights to the distributor and ordered a DI Le. Haven’t read a lot on this blog yet but nice to hear positive talk. Looking forward to getting it next week.

#3788 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Just returned my Alien brick with lights to the distributor and ordered a DI Le. Haven’t read a lot on this blog yet but nice to hear positive talk. Looking forward to getting it next week.

U will be in for a great surprise... it plays so much better than alien and is pretty dam reliable imo.

#3789 5 years ago

I fixed the F706 fuse blowing issue I was having on my game. With the playfield in the service position and a new fuse in the game the F706 solenoids would fire. Then I slowly lowered the playfield and noticed a quick spark at the ends of the lockdown bar tabs on the apron and the lockdown bar itself. I tried again, new fuse, same thing. Well, it turns out the culprit is either my electrical socket, the surge protector or the voltage regulator that I have the game plugged into.

I switched outlets to one I use for two other games (which are going through the same brand / type of surge protector and voltage regulator just on a different circuit) and the game works perfectly! I have two other games hooked up to the surge protector / voltage regulator (new Sterns with no fuses...) that Dialed In was plugged into it and haven't had an issue. I should probably figure out if something is disconnected on that outlet (ground), surge protector or voltage regulator. I have a test outlet plug and will check if the outlet is grounded and also test at the surge protector / voltage regulator. I don't think the surge protector or voltage regulator could be having issues but who knows.

I'm just glad the game now works and it isn't an issue with the game. Wow is Dialed In fun! I fixed the issue before getting ready for work this morning and when the selfie mode came on I thought "damn, I look terrible right now", lol.

#3790 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Game was built on 4/13/18.

Born date has changed, it is now on sticker on the base cabinet, on early versions it was directly written on the backbox

#3791 5 years ago

DI LE to be delivered today!
Wasn't there a post somewhere in this long thread.. making a few pointers about adjustments to make to this game
when setting it up?
Can someone point me to correct page or repost? instead of spending day reading 76 pages..
and instead play game..

#3792 5 years ago

Whoops... page #72

#3793 5 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

DI LE to be delivered today!
Wasn't there a post somewhere in this long thread.. making a few pointers about adjustments to make to this game
when setting it up?
Can someone point me to correct page or repost? instead of spending day reading 76 pages..
and instead play game..

Congrats. Mine is on a truck somewhere between New Jersey and Denver. Hopefully I’ll have it middle of next week!

#3794 5 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Fun fact, selfie mode was a primary influencer in getting me to eat better and exercise more. Not kidding

selfie_ticker (resized).pngselfie_ticker (resized).png

#3795 5 years ago
Quoted from poup:

Born date has changed, it is now on sticker on the base cabinet, on early versions it was directly written on the backbox

Yeah, I noticed on mine it's on the base the cabinet.20180425_201757 (resized).jpg20180425_201757 (resized).jpg

#3796 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I DID IT! LE on the way

You will not regret it! Had 2 minor adjustments to make to mine but it has been solid since (knock on wood!). Awesome, fun pin. I still suck at finishing the modes but eh... practice makes perfect I guess!

#3797 5 years ago

My new Dialed In is now playing great except for one minor issue, a full plunge isn't getting the ball out of the shooter lane. I think I just need to move the shooter rod down a bit by adjusting the 3 bolts that hold the shooter rod to the bracket. The shooter rod is likely hitting towards the top of the ball versus the middle.

#3798 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

My new Dialed In is now playing great except for one minor issue, a full plunge isn't getting the ball out of the shooter lane. I think I just need to move the shooter rod down a bit by adjusting the 3 bolts that hold the shooter rod to the bracket. The shooter rod is likely hitting towards the top of the ball versus the middle.

Yes, mine is like this too. Just haven't fixed it yet.

#3799 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Yes, mine is like this too. Just haven't fixed it yet.

I had the same issue on The Hobbit when I got it and needed to losen the 3 bolts for the shooter bracket, move the bracket down and then tighten it back up.

#3800 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, I noticed on mine it's on the base the cabinet.

... built on Friday the 13th ... superstitions are nonsense, right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/76?hl=poup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.