IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 273.
#3701 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

That's a BIG difference, a far cry from standard. I'd say that makes the game 30-40% easier.

Correct. I would have never made it without this. After about 2000 games I've only made it twice with this handicap.

#3702 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good to know, thanks. From what I read to collect a SIM card you have to hit the SIM card shot. If you have a SIM card shot lit after completing an objective and drain is the SIM card shot still lit on the next ball?

Not by default, but you can change the settings to make it stay for the next ball(s).

#3703 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Not by default, but you can change the settings to make it stay for the next ball(s).

Cool, thanks! Looking forward to getting the game. Sounds like the ruleset is very deep and challenging

Mode wise I assume the game is complete at this point and the code items remaining are polish related?

#3704 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Mode wise I assume the game is complete at this point and the code items remaining are polish related?

Yeah it's been done that way for along time.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If you have a SIM card shot lit after completing an objective and drain is the SIM card shot still lit on the next ball?

No, it's gone. Although there is a cheat cod....er...setting to hold them over to the next ball.

#3705 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it's been done that way for along time.

No, it's gone. Although there is a cheat cod....er...setting to hold them over to the next ball.

Haha, yeah.

Oh, here's another thing I've been wondering about Dialed In, lol. I was looking at the online manual the other night and was wondering how left orbit shots are pulled off. When the trap door is down and you hit a left orbit shot how does the ball pass under the the right ramp? Does the right ramp lift up to allow left orbit shots to pass under it?

#3706 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

...how does the ball pass under the the right ramp? Does the right ramp lift up to allow left orbit shots to pass under it?

Ha funny, never thought aboot it. I think the orbit loop from the left is lower at the point were the right orbit becomes a ramp...if you can visualize that.
The sad issue is many games suffer from a poor ability for the left orbit to feed the right upper flipper with any power. This can be due to a few things, like the problematic trap door, or somewhat limp right flipper, "not the same electricity as the factory " which is a common strange excuse from JJP. Mine has never worked like a normal orbit honestly...I "Think" they are supposed to though.

#3707 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's cool. I hope an option is added to have a picture for the other high scores.

There is ... after the list shows up it will pop up pics with the score one at a time pretty fast randomly on the screen - similar to selfy attack in the game. there is a setting for it in the menu.

#3708 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha funny, never thought aboot it. I think the orbit loop from the left is lower at the point were the right orbit becomes a ramp...if you can visualize that.
The sad issue is many games suffer from a poor ability for the left orbit to feed the right upper flipper with any power. This can be due to a few things, like the problematic trap door, or somewhat limp right flipper, "not the same electricity as the factory " which is a common strange excuse from JJP. Mine has never worked like a normal orbit honestly...I "Think" they are supposed to though.

The orbit has an intentional incline to slow the ball down, which is very good design. You have FIVE possibilities with the left orbit: trap door gulps the ball, the incline slows it enough to settle in the skill shot (making for a strong feed to upper flipper), the incline slows it enough to settle in the pops, or you nail the shot with power and it comes around the flipper where you can shoot or let it come down to lower flippers.

It's simply not designed to be a Ritchie orbit. It is a multi-functional orbit, which suits Lawlor's style perfectly.

#3709 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's simply not designed to be a Ritchie orbit. It is a multi-functional orbit, which suits Lawlor's style perfectly.

That's all fine and dandy, with default settings many people including myself are unable to make an orbit shot, eliminating one of your possibilities.

#3710 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's all fine and dandy, with default settings many people including myself are unable to make an orbit shot, eliminating one of your possibilities.

Interesting, my game is jacked in the back, and I have no issues with the orbit. Maybe your right flipper coil is nerfed too much in the coil settings?

#3711 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Interesting, my game is jacked in the back, and I have no issues with the orbit. Maybe your right flipper coil is nerfed too much in the coil settings?

I broke down the mech and used a new sleeve, made sure the bushing was OK but it still didn't help ( I think Sarnoff said that fixed his), so yeah I had to increase the coil setting. It makes it around now probably like it should, not super quick and still goes in the skill shot a few times. This is at 6.5.

#3712 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I broke down the mech and used a new sleeve, made sure the bushing was OK but it still didn't help ( I think Sarnoff said that fixed his), so yeah I had to increase the coil setting. It makes it around now probably like it should, not super quick and still goes in the skill shot a few times. This is at 6.5.

That sounds similar to mine.

#3713 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The orbit has an intentional incline to slow the ball down, which is very good design. You have FIVE possibilities with the left orbit: trap door gulps the ball, the incline slows it enough to settle in the skill shot (making for a strong feed to upper flipper), the incline slows it enough to settle in the pops, or you nail the shot with power and it comes around the flipper where you can shoot or let it come down to lower flippers.

Wow, that sounds pretty cool and a testament to just how well Dialed In is designed. Thanks for the information.

Update: From another thread showing how the left orbit meets the right ramp area.

7c09fcadada98d1f54a815daefdf065ed407b85f.png (resized).jpg7c09fcadada98d1f54a815daefdf065ed407b85f.png (resized).jpg

#3714 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

After dialing in my EOS switches, the right flipper nails the orbit - the ball makes it around to the right upper flipper (though not with a lot of force).

IIRC, the Bob trap door mechanism sticks up quite a bit and might impede the ball? Kind of like the right orbit snafu I dealt with a few months ago (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-right-orbitramp-ball-rejects).

snaroff

#3715 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

After dialing in my EOS switches,...

Does an EOS even have anything to do with flipper power in this system?

#3716 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

This is almost correct. To get to Showdown, you must collect 8 SIM cards, but you can also collect SIMs by beating the BOB Multiballs.

Just learned that tonight!

#3717 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just learned that tonight!

Same here, I didn’t know you could beat the bob Multiballs.

#3718 6 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Same here, I didn’t know you could beat the bob Multiballs.

How do you beat them? And do you get a SIM?

#3719 6 years ago

Shots to the theater are suddenly being dropped by the magnet and falling SDTM on my DI. It used to throw the ball up and around with the occasional drop down. I read the posts about cutting out the mylar, but I don’t think that’s the issue as the magnet is able to hold the ball just fine.

Anyone know the fix for this one?

#3720 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

How do you beat them? And do you get a SIM?

You got me, I have no idea. Hopefully brucipher can fill us in.

#3721 6 years ago

High Voltage multiball - 15 QED shots to light sim card.
Drones gone wild multiball - 3 super jackpots to light sim card. (Hit drone, then theater)
Monkey wrench multiball - 3 super jackpots to light sim card. (Hit left ramp and get passed diverter)

#3722 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Shots to the theater are suddenly being dropped by the magnet and falling SDTM on my DI. It used to throw the ball up and around with the occasional drop down. I read the posts about cutting out the mylar, but I don’t think that’s the issue as the magnet is able to hold the ball just fine.

Adjust the magnet settings in the menu. Search for theater magnet in the forum. Tons of info on that one.

#3723 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If your EOS switch is set too close, it cuts the high voltage power to the coil early. However, I'm not sure how much of an effect it has as the voltage surge already hits the coil.

#3724 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Cut the mylar off the magnet, I had the same problem. The theater worked great then not so much. The mylar starts to bubble and interferes with the throw. It is really easy to remove the mylar. Lift the play field up remove the screws holding magnet, should be 3 or 4 of them, using an exacto knife cut the mylar from the hole, wipe the magnet core with goo be gone. Playing the game with the mylar on the magnets will make the mylar bubble and on the theater it will interfere with the throw.

#3725 6 years ago

Geez, there are a million posts on here and I am just looking for a little info. I often have the ball jump off the left ramp right at the top of the playfield, it sort of pops off the rail but it happens so fast I can't quite tell whats happening, but its happening too often. Does anyone have similar issues? Is there a fix that one of you may know about?

Thanks!
Rob

#3726 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Nothing fixed the magnet throw for me, made multiple changes to settings. Would work for a while then stop. It will do it occasionally now. Only thing I could fix is the sdtm by raising the back right leg three turns. Game is still level, but the ball now falls to the tip of the left flipper.

#3727 6 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Cut the mylar off the magnet, I had the same problem. The theater worked great then not so much. The mylar starts to bubble and interferes with the throw. It is really easy to remove the mylar. Lift the play field up remove the screws holding magnet, should be 3 or 4 of them, using an exacto knife cut the mylar from the hole, wipe the magnet core with goo be gone. Playing the game with the mylar on the magnets will make the mylar bubble and on the theater it will interfere with the throw.

Hat tip to BigT to resolve this problem. Make sure you remove the mylar from around the drone magnet and theater magnet, makes a big difference. Should take you no more than an hour to remove the mylar. I used single razor blade and a very small amount of Goo Gone to remove the leftover adhesive from the magnets.

#3728 6 years ago

Just wondering is anyone is seeing, or feels like eventually the trac is going to get torn up like the drac trac on MB??

#3729 6 years ago
Quoted from Robo1:

Geez, there are a million posts on here and I am just looking for a little info. I often have the ball jump off the left ramp right at the top of the playfield, it sort of pops off the rail but it happens so fast I can't quite tell whats happening, but its happening too often. Does anyone have similar issues? Is there a fix that one of you may know about?
Thanks!
Rob

Are you sure this isn't correct operation?

Once you have lit the lock (left ramp & right ramp), the mechanic's arm (diverter) comes down and stops the ball making the full ramp and instead puts the ball on the upper playfield.

It means if you're going for combos you need to do it before lighting the lock

#3730 6 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Just wondering is anyone is seeing, or feels like eventually the trac is going to get torn up like the drac trac on MB??

I worry about that -every- day. The track is definitely not level on my game so the ball catches

#3731 6 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Nope it has thick mylar over it

#3732 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Has anyone reached Showdown, and any tips on getting to it?

I've got to Showdown, on factory settings (except extra ball for score turned off).

Main focus was lighting Big Bang and then starting mode and finishing with a Big Bang to light SIM. Then focusing on BOB MBs, not only do they give the chance of lighting another SIM, but with more than one ball, there's more chance of it collecting the SIM.

I didn't even get to Armageddon, had 1 more mode to start.

Finished with about 7mil (before Chaos MB was introduced).

While it is true that the DI letters go out after completing Showdown, you still have the credit for them. I completed Showdown, then the next mode I started had shots at 9 x value due to the collected SIMs.

Is there any benefit when getting to Armageddon in completing the modes, or do you just need to start them?

#3733 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

High Voltage multiball - 15 QED shots to light sim card.
Drones gone wild multiball - 3 super jackpots to light sim card. (Hit drone, then theater)
Monkey wrench multiball - 3 super jackpots to light sim card. (Hit left ramp and get passed diverter)

I don't even know how to start those.

#3734 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I don't even know how to start those.

tiesmasc Has put together a nice rulesheet for the game. Check it out here: http://tiltforums.com/t/dialed-in-rulesheet-wiki/2855

#3735 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Big time (http://www.flippers.be/basics/101_adjust_pinball.html).

snaroff

#3736 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think it's that because I originally gapped them more when I tweeked them the first time. I'll just bend it all the way next time I'm down there and check again.

#3737 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Is there any benefit when getting to Armageddon in completing the modes, or do you just need to start them?

Completed disaster modes boosts Armageddon jackpot scores. Chaos MB jackpot scores also factor in the number of completed modes.

So, you can sandbag your way through to Armageddon, but you won't get much of a payback scoring-wise.
--Ted

#3738 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

tiesmasc Has put together a nice rulesheet for the game. Check it out here: http://tiltforums.com/t/dialed-in-rulesheet-wiki/2855

Thanks. I was reading it briefly. I found where it describes what to do, but not how they are intitiated...

Quick Multiballs
•Quick Drones Gone Wild Multiball:
o Hit drone standup to drop items. 3 super jackpots to light SIM card.
o Jackpots for each Drone hit. Super Jackpot is in the theatre (dropped by drone after collecting a jackpot).
•Quick High Voltage Multiball
o Hit the moving target for jackpots. 15 jackpots to light SIM Card.
•Quick Monkey Wrench Multiball
o Sneak past mechanic for jackpot. 3 Jackpots lights SIM Card. During this multiball Betty will be raising and lowering her wrench.
o During this multiball you must hit the left ramp and get your ball past Betty. She will be raising and lowering her wrench throughout the multiball in attempts to block your shot.
• NOTE: Any of the three Quick Multiball modes can stack up with Under Attack Multiball, and vice versa. As a result, shots that advance towards Under Attack Multiball can be made during Quick Multiball. More importantly, modes can be stacked, re-qualified, and started during any Quick Multiball, unlike Under Attack Multiball. This rule also applies for the three Crazy Modes.

#3739 6 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Completed disaster modes boosts Armageddon jackpot scores. Chaos MB jackpot scores also factor in the number of completed modes.
So, you can sandbag your way through to Armageddon, but you won't get much of a payback scoring-wise.
--Ted

check_switch_26 Is there any penalty for using Big Bang to complete modes vs. completing all the shots?

#3740 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Thanks. I was reading it briefly. I found where it describes what to do, but not how they are intitiated...
Quick Multiballs
•Quick Drones Gone Wild Multiball:
o Hit drone standup to drop items. 3 super jackpots to light SIM card.
o Jackpots for each Drone hit. Super Jackpot is in the theatre (dropped by drone after collecting a jackpot).
•Quick High Voltage Multiball
o Hit the moving target for jackpots. 15 jackpots to light SIM Card.
•Quick Monkey Wrench Multiball
o Sneak past mechanic for jackpot. 3 Jackpots lights SIM Card. During this multiball Betty will be raising and lowering her wrench.
o During this multiball you must hit the left ramp and get your ball past Betty. She will be raising and lowering her wrench throughout the multiball in attempts to block your shot.
• NOTE: Any of the three Quick Multiball modes can stack up with Under Attack Multiball, and vice versa. As a result, shots that advance towards Under Attack Multiball can be made during Quick Multiball. More importantly, modes can be stacked, re-qualified, and started during any Quick Multiball, unlike Under Attack Multiball. This rule also applies for the three Crazy Modes.

they are started from crazy bob awards.

Crazy Bob’s
When lit Crazy Bob will award, in this order:

Crazy Mode (Blue BOB arrow/lamp)
+1x Bonus Multiplier (Yellow BOB arrow/lamp)
Quick Multiball (Red BOB arrow/lamp)
+1x Bonus Multiplier (Yellow BOB arrow/lamp)
…and repeat.

#3741 6 years ago

I must need longer games. lol.

I seem to only see emoji's and selfies.

#3742 6 years ago

I'm going to get a Dialed In!!!!! Having some serious debate in my brain about the Standard vs LE. $1000 more and JJP really seemed to add the value.

The manual is nice, I'd probably buy one if I got a Standard. So that's $100
I like powder coated trim, probably a $400 value?
The Invisiglass, meh I have a spare sheet of PDI so that's a wash for me.
Do the lighted ramps make a big difference? IDK

So idk.....it's like a $500 jump for me to go to the LE....what do I do???

#3743 6 years ago

LE

#3744 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I'm going to get a Dialed In!!!!! Having some serious debate in my brain about the Standard vs LE. $1000 more and JJP really seemed to add the value.
Do the lighted ramps make a big
difference? IDK

I played one with and without lit ramps and I love the lights.

#3745 6 years ago

Just curious,is there anyone out there with a Dialed In that doesn’t
think it’s the best pin?If not what of the pins you’ve owned do you think is better?
I wish I could see a single pic of what Pat is working on!

#3746 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I wouldn't pay more for some lights on a ramp.
The manual isn't even out yet, so basically you're paying for nothing.

Quoted from romulusx:

Just curious,is there anyone out there with a Dialed In that doesn’t
think it’s the best pin?If not what of the pins you’ve owned do you think is better?

For me star wars is getting more plays than DI. DI is so dependant on the Sim card hole it can get pretty frustrating. I still haven't changed my mind much on how much certain things are needed in DI... Or should I say things I just avoid. Spider hurry ups, hurry ups, drone shots, spinner mode I theatre, subway mode in theatre... Is there really a benefit for going for them?

#3747 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

LE for sure. You'll need invisaglass anyway due to the large screen. You get the ramp lights and powder coating and cool cityscape. I think it's totally worth it.

#3748 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

LE for sure. You'll need invisaglass anyway due to the large screen..

He said he already has a sheet. Personally in my set up i felt invisiglass didn't do much. But everyone set up is diff'rent

#3749 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

How is the quality of powdercoat on your machine's lockdown bar? Mine looks a bit like it would have been handpainted with a brush.

FYI, I emailed about the lockdown bar to JJP techsupport 15th of March as they instructed me, but they have still not come back to me regarding any replacement.

#3750 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

LE for sure. You'll need invisaglass anyway due to the large screen. You get the ramp lights and powder coating and cool cityscape. I think it's totally worth it.

I may be wrong here, but I think the external volume control/headphone jack may not be on the Standard either. Not a real big deal, but I love being able to change the machine volume without having to open the coin door.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 22.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/75?hl=silverwings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.