IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 273.
#3651 5 years ago

Transported my DI today and the start button not starting game.
Any ideas?
This purple wire or blue supposed to be plugged in anywhere?
This is the only error message...

20180421_211925 (resized).jpg20180421_211925 (resized).jpg

20180421_214041 (resized).jpg20180421_214041 (resized).jpg

20180421_213726 (resized).jpg20180421_213726 (resized).jpg

#3652 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Transported my DI today and the start button not starting game.
Any ideas?
This purple wire or blue supposed to be plugged in anywhere?
This is the only error message...

The purple wire goes to the common lug on the start switch (circled below). I don't know about the connector in the second picture or what that error from November means.

--Luke

e142307edf7ad44ceda8c912bc4fc30edb7c6f69 (resized).jpge142307edf7ad44ceda8c912bc4fc30edb7c6f69 (resized).jpg

#3653 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Has anybody changed the servings on the dialed in inserts to have some of the letters already lit. If so how many and do you consider this cheating? The best I have been able to do has been 4 SIM cards. I am thinking of having the game start with 2 letters already lit.

On location, this could be good, but in a home setting, I would consider it cheating. But it's your game, so what matters is how you feel about it. I haven't completed the letters, but I'm pretty confident I will when I swap for Cliffys.

#3654 5 years ago

Thank you! You guys rock!

#3655 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Has anybody changed the servings on the dialed in inserts to have some of the letters already lit. If so how many and do you consider this cheating? The best I have been able to do has been 4 SIM cards. I am thinking of having the game start with 2 letters already lit.

Cheating. Don't do it. If you NEED the help, just change it so it "remembers" that you have a letter blinking and a SIM card available to collect from ball to ball in the settings. At least that way you're earning the letters.

#3656 5 years ago

I am going to pick a DILE up and was wondering what I should be looking for as far a trouble areas or concern. Thanks in advance for any input

#3657 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I am going to pick a DILE up and was wondering what I should be looking for as far a trouble areas or concern. Thanks in advance for any input

Not much to look for, it’s a solid game. If the game doesn’t have SIM card protection, check for cracking at the posts. Make sure trap door works.

#3658 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not much to look for, it’s a solid game. If the game doesn’t have SIM card protection, check for cracking at the posts. Make sure trap door works.

Yep, trap door has been a common and consistent problem, and is still an issue as of (at least) Jan 2018 manufactured games

#3659 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks, I did read a little about the CC problems and asked if it had protectors. It has none installed. I also saw a post that JJP would send you a set if your machine was shipped without them...is this true?

#3660 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Thanks, I did read a little about the CC problems and asked if it had protectors. It has none installed. I also saw a post that JJP would send you a set if your machine was shipped without them...is this true?

Yes they will. I believe they are a bit backed up but they will get them to you.

Also check to make sure the phone and all LEDs work properly. I had to replace my phone due to a faulty LED in it. Some have had far worse issues with the display.

#3661 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

This question has been addressed at least twice in this thread. A little reading will get you what you need. Enjoy the game!

#3662 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

This question has been addressed at least twice in this thread. A little reading will get you what you need. Enjoy the game!

Thanks for the suggestion and being a dick....I had better things to do than scroll thru 74 pages of posts. You input was... wow, amazing

#3663 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Thanks for the suggestion and being a dick....I had better things to do than scroll thru 74 pages of posts. You input was... wow, amazing

Note that there are 2 major posts about the trap door
(which along with the drone switch was my only 2 issues), and the 2nd one with pictures by Lloyd was much more helpful. That is not the one currently pinned, but it’s shortly after so you will find it if yo look at the pinned post and keep going for half a page or so.

#3664 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Note that there are 2 major posts about the trap door
(which along with the drone switch was my only 2 issues), and the 2nd one with pictures by Lloyd was much more helpful. That is not the one currently pinned, but it’s shortly after so you will find it if yo look at the pinned post and keep going for half a page or so.

Yes thanks, I did read about the CC issues, the trap door problem, and the magnet Mylar tearing, but I really didn't think it would hurt to ask if other issues have surfaced. I don't have any time on the pin and considering the purchase prices I just want to be a educated consumer.

#3665 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Whoa, slow down there, bud. Most message boards suggest that you read posts before asking common questions, and I'm sure it's somewhere on Pinside as well. I commented "enjoy the game" to clarify that my post contained nothing but a positive tone, offering advice.

If you look at the first post, there is a list of links to much of what you're asking about. Also, I posted the following two pages back from where we are now:

Quoted from Tranquilize:

It doesn't need that much adjusting, and it's absolutely wonderful that you can adjust coils etc. If you buy a DI, you should do the following:

- Record the factory coil adjustments when you first turn on the game. The factory adjusts the coils so that the game plays well. Take a picture of the coil strengths.
- Play the game and make sure the theatre throws the ball back with pretty good velocity when it's supposed to. If not, adjust. See other threads on this.
- Your phone eject will likely be too powerful. Lower the coil strength until the ball burps out and hits the slingshot. Then add more strength until it lands on the flipper nicely.
- Lower the power of the left flipper to save wear and tear on the phone scoop and surrounding area. Lower it until you can't make the right ramp and raise it up until you easily can with pretty good velocity. This should prevent a lot of the air balls from this flipper.
- Add some oil/grease to the underside of the arm diverter, on the flat metal surface that the oblong rotator rubs against. It is metal on metal and grinds a dust over time. A LITTLE oil/grease helps with this.
- Cut the mylar around the theatre magnet. I haven't done this yet as the ball is cutting it for me. It likely won't be as smooth this way though :\

I always expect adjustments with any machine, and I'm VERY happy that JJP has embraced this. The mylar is a pain, but the rest is great!

See, even dicks have their good side

#3666 5 years ago

Has anyone installed the Dialed In Pingraffix blades on their game? They look pretty cool based on the pics.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/dialed-in-pinblades-for-jersey-jack-pinball

#3667 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Has anyone installed the Dialed In Pingraffix blades on their game? They look pretty cool based on the pics.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/dialed-in-pinblades-for-jersey-jack-pinball

The lighted ones that animate for Attack from Mars also work in Dialed In thematically and look great.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/attack-from-mars-powerbladez

#3668 5 years ago

Another thing to watch for - the spring steel flap on the trap door has been breaking on some of these. Both mine and my buddie’s DI have had this issue. It should be around 1.5 inches long or so and have rounded corners. Here is my broken one:

Trap door 1 (resized).jpgTrap door 1 (resized).jpg

Trap door 2 (resized).jpgTrap door 2 (resized).jpg

#3669 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Another thing to watch for - the spring steel flap on the trap door has been breaking on some of these. Both mine and my buddie’s DI have had this issue. It should be around 1.5 inches long or so and have rounded corners.

Thanks, would that be similar to the TOM basement door?

#3670 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I'm not familiar with the TOM one. Just added pics to my post if that helps.

#3671 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

If YOU want to set the letters to starting with 6 lit, outlanes closed, 10 balls, etc. to make the game more enjoyable for YOU that's fine go ahead and do it.

(Just don't post highscores claiming to be the next Keith Elwin )

#3672 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

If YOU want to set the letters to starting with 6 lit, outlanes closed, 10 balls, etc. to make the game more enjoyable for YOU that's fine go ahead and do it.

Can you even set the game to do this?

#3673 5 years ago

Has anyone reached Showdown, and any tips on getting to it?

#3674 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Will b very tough or impossible the way my pin is set up. Need to beat enough modes or do enough things to spell dialed in.

#3675 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Will b very tough or impossible the way my pin is set up. Need to beat enough modes or do enough things to spell dialed in.

I've been one letter away twice. Extra ball is decently attainable with this game. Also, double banking off the two big Bang targets or single banking off the drone rubber makes the sim shot doable. I like that I've had to find difficult workarounds to get Sims. If you don't have the skills, set sim to stay lit over balls, but you will always know, deep in your soul, that you needed training wheels to finish the race.

#3676 5 years ago

What lights extra ball?

#3677 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What lights extra ball?

Finishing three modes, I believe.

#3678 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Finishing three modes, I believe.

Is it tied to the BOB lights? Or just lit there? Man those are hard to see

I also believe there is a combo-related extra ball

#3679 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is it tied to the BOB lights? Or just lit there? Man those are hard to see
I also believe there is a combo-related extra ball

Just lit there I think.

Yeah, I think I lit it once when I hit the 10k left ramp 10 times. Not positive on that one though. I should learn the damn rules!

#3680 5 years ago

Do you cap how many extra balls can be rewarded....I currently cap it at 3.

#3681 5 years ago

Oops, double post

#3682 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Do you cap how many extra balls can be rewarded....I currently cap it at 3.

The most I've manage to get is two, so what ever the default cap is is what I use.

#3683 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The lighted ones that animate for Attack from Mars also work in Dialed In thematically and look great.

I'd like to see a video of that on DI. I wish they would just tweak that design a bit to be more DI (ish). I have the powerbladez of the flames on my ACDC and love them.

#3684 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Just lit there I think.
Yeah, I think I lit it once when I hit the 10k left ramp 10 times. Not positive on that one though. I should learn the damn rules!

I think hitting 5 combos will light it - e.g. left ramp, right ramp, side ramp. I hit that one a lot and sometimes get that EB and I know it’s not score related

#3685 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those look very cool. If they matched the colors of the playfield more I would definitely consider ordering a set.

#3686 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Tip: complete modes and collect sim cards

I think this is still the best score recorded. Completes Showdown. It's old though, so there was no Chaos mini-wizard in the code yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=RZN0dlvciFY

#3687 5 years ago

Just so I'm understanding things correctly rules wise there are essentially 3 wizard modes in the game? Chaos in Quantum City seems like a mid wizard mode that requires starting 6 / 11 disaster modes. Armageddon requires starting all disaster modes. Showdown requires 8 / 11 disaster modes to be completed and 8 SIM cards collected (representing the 8 letters in "Dialed In"). Does that sound correct?

#3688 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

No. Closer to trap door on Funhouse.

LTG : )

#3689 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

It's more like the one on Funhouse that works on a hinge. The ToM one goes straight up and down, like an elevator.

#3690 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just so I'm understanding things correctly rules wise there are essentially 3 wizard modes in the game? Chaos in Quantum City seems like a mid wizard mode that requires starting 6 / 11 disaster modes. Armageddon requires starting all disaster modes. Showdown requires 8 / 11 disaster modes to be completed and 8 SIM cards collected (representing the 8 letters in "Dialed In"). Does that sound correct?

That is my understanding as well, except I am not certain if the number of modes matters on Armageddon, you just need SIM cards

#3691 5 years ago

"Has anyone reached Showdown, and any tips on getting to it?"
I've been able to beat "Showdown" twice, but I have it set so that the SIM cards are available after a new ball starts instead of draining with each ball. Other than that it's setup standard.
It's a b1t@H to get to Showdown but not too hard beat the mode. It's a really fun mode once you get there - especially the video on the backglass while the mode is starting. It's kind of anti-climatic after the mode because you start over with no SIM cards etc. I kind of wish that the game would end after Showdown, like TNA does after beating reactor #9.
As for tips, I try to get as many ball locks as possible so that I can focus on the SIM card collections during multi balls. I think that it's a little safer.
And no, I've never gotten anywhere near reactor #9 on TNA.

IMG_3920 (resized).JPGIMG_3920 (resized).JPG

#3692 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

"Has anyone reached Showdown, and any tips on getting to it?"
I have it set so that the SIM cards are available after a new ball starts instead of draining with each ball. Other than that it's setup standard.

That's a BIG difference, a far cry from standard. I'd say that makes the game 30-40% easier.

#3693 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I've been one letter away twice. Extra ball is decently attainable with this game. Also, double banking off the two big Bang targets or single banking off the drone rubber makes the sim shot doable. I like that I've had to find difficult workarounds to get Sims. If you don't have the skills, set sim to stay lit over balls, but you will always know, deep in your soul, that you needed training wheels to finish the race.

Not the way my pin is set up... i have kickback set up more difficult and eb limited. Also set at 7.0 angle with very sensitive slings and magnets set up more active. With all that my game is evil and pretty difficult but i enjoy it this way.

#3694 5 years ago

Just curious, is there an option to have player pictures be displayed next to high scores?

#3695 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not the way my pin is set up... i have kickback set up more difficult and eb limited. Also set at 7.0 angle with very sensitive slings and magnets set up more active. With all that my game is evil and pretty difficult but i enjoy it this way.

Nice. Mine is jacked up too, but I find the standard difficulty of the rules to be great.

#3696 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just curious, is there an option to have pictures be displayed next to high scores?

No.

#3697 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

It does that for Grand Champion, though.

#3698 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It does that for Grand Champion, though.

That's cool. I hope an option is added to have a picture for the other high scores.

#3699 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Showdown requires 8 / 11 disaster modes to be completed and 8 SIM cards collected (representing the 8 letters in "Dialed In"). Does that sound correct?

This is almost correct. To get to Showdown, you must collect 8 SIM cards, but you can also collect SIMs by beating the BOB Multiballs.

#3700 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

This is almost correct. To get to Showdown, you must collect 8 SIM cards, but you can also collect SIMs by beating the BOB Multiballs.

Good to know, thanks. From what I read to collect a SIM card you have to hit the SIM card shot. If you have a SIM card shot lit after completing an objective and drain is the SIM card shot still lit on the next ball?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.