IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 273.
#3601 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Your MEGA phone is amazing!

LOL right? it looks cool.

#3602 6 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Would make.a.cool topper!

#3603 6 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Quoted from fnosm:

oh man! I am totally going to do that

#3604 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Put a VGA splitter on, and THAT'S the topper.

#3605 6 years ago

I like the idea of a mega-phone topper! Install it on the backbox in e.g. a 45-degree angle and develop some nice-looking cover for the tablet to make it look like a giant phone!

#3606 6 years ago

Yeah that mega phone is cool! Darn now this may cost me some more money if I buy a Dialed In.

If you have an exposed ceiling above your game get one of the mounts below (allows for ceiling or joist mount) and install it above or to the side of your game to mount the LCD.

aadb7edc-5f3e-4099-b958-a4a06ee1da32_1.b07f392623cc024fd7bf3fa5821a4c5b (resized).jpegaadb7edc-5f3e-4099-b958-a4a06ee1da32_1.b07f392623cc024fd7bf3fa5821a4c5b (resized).jpeg

#3607 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I like the idea of a mega-phone topper! Install it on the backbox in e.g. a 45-degree angle and develop some nice-looking cover for the tablet to make it look like a giant phone!

I was just thinking that. What a great topper idea.

LTG : )

#3608 6 years ago

I just want a phone that works

Jack just got involved personally-- since I'm not far from him in NJ he's going to send a tech to figure out what the heck is the issue. I hope it helps everyone here as well.

Stay tuned....waiting on JJP to schedule it.

That was super cool of Jack to jump in and just cut to the chase.

#3609 6 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

since I'm not far from him in NJ he's going to send a tech to figure out what the heck is the issue.

Have him bring a keyboard with USB cable hook up, in case the issue is the motherboard bios stuff.

Since you've had so many new parts, I doubt it's the ribbon cables on phone or video card.

#3610 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Have him bring a keyboard with USB cable hook up, in case the issue is the motherboard bios stuff.
Since you've had so many new parts, I doubt it's the ribbon cables on phone or video card.

Good advice - thanks!

#3611 6 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Jack just got involved personally-

Another reason to buy JJP games. Industry shaming support of their products.
JJP - Taking the industry by the ear and dragging it into the future.

#3612 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Another reason to buy JJP games. Industry shaming support of their products.
JJP - Taking the industry by the ear and dragging it into the future.

I called up JJP recently to ask a tech related question regarding a future game purchase and Frank was more then happy to answer it. When I called another well known pinball manufacturer last year about multiple cabinet issues that were being reported at the time (as I was getting ready to purchase one of their pins) I was told rather directly "there are no issues, some just didn't get enough glue"....yeah.

#3613 6 years ago

Any updates on when we will receive the printed DI manual?

#3614 6 years ago

Placed an order today with my distributor for a Dialed In LE. I asked my distributor if I could get a game with the newest production date possible. Well, he managed to get me a game coming off the line tomorrow so that works! Really excited to get this game.

#3615 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Placed an order today with my distributor for a Dialed In LE. I asked my distributor if I could get a game with the newest production date possible. Well, he managed to get me a game coming off the line tomorrow so that works! Really excited to get this game.

It's a lot of fun and is a little bit of a change up for a collection.

#3616 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

U wont be disappointed.... have had mine since june/july and thousands of games. Its still my go to pin and really the only one i play and ive had some great pins over the past year and still do.
Have you put some time on one ?

#3617 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U wont be disappointed.... have had mine since june/july and thousands of games. Its still my go to pin and really the only one i play and ive had some great pins over the past year and still do.
Have you put some time on one ?

That's great to hear. It seems like all of the feedback I've read about the game has been really good. I've had a chance to play one a couple times and enjoyed it. When I last played a Dialed In the code was a bit older from where it's at now.

It's nice to see that JJP has added a good amount of code to the game since it's release. Based on one of Ted's recent comments over on the JJP Google Group it sounds like more code is still to come for the game!

#3618 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's great to hear. It seems like all of the feedback I've read about the game has been really good. I've had a chance to play one a couple times and enjoyed it. When I last played a Dialed In the code was a bit older from where it's at now.
It's nice to see that JJP has added a good amount of code to the game since it's release. Based on one of Ted's recent comments over on the JJP Google Group it sounds like more code is still to come for the game!

Ok just making sure... game is the best shooting pin ever with flow for days. As long as your ok with the off the wall theme than u will love it like the rest of us. For the first week i was just ok with the game but with the code updates and more understanding of the concept pat was going for......well its one the most well done pins ever made and the only pin i fall more in love with the longer ive owned it. Not to mention the magnet action and amazing light show. If the pin had a world famous theme it wkd be the best selling pin in recent years imo. But i love the original theme and is part of what makes it great.

#3619 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I see you have tz. If you like tz, you will love DI. It’s like tz on steroids.

#3620 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'd say apples and oranges myself, but I agree that if you like TZ, odds are you're going to like DI.

#3621 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The game is definitely different, but the layout is kinda familiar. The TZ of the next generation. A better pin than WOZ IMO

#3622 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The game is definitely different, but the layout is kinda familiar. The TZ of the next generation. A better pin than WOZ IMO

Better then WOZ?! That's my favorite pin. Lol

dont_you_say_that_billy_madison.gifdont_you_say_that_billy_madison.gif

#3623 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

TZ's ramps are rear central. It has a second playfield. It's magnets are utilized for specific, aimed game play. It has no side ramp. It's bumpers are close left. It's a widebody. I guess they both have orbits and a right hand scoop?

Not trying to bash; I just think they are apples to oranges. Completely different pins, but they do have that Lowler feel...

#3624 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

TZ's ramps are rear central. It has a second playfield. It's magnets are utilized for specific, aimed game play. It has no side ramp. It's bumpers are close left. It's a widebody. I guess they both have orbits and a right hand scoop?
Not trying to bash; I just think they are apples to oranges. Completely different pins, but they do have that Lowler feel...

Scoop same location
Camera shot same as SIM card
Right orbit similar
Dead end same as trap door, fed to the scoop same way.
Shot through theater to upper right flipper to SIM card similar to tz left shot to upper flipper to camera.

Bumpers different
Targets different
Ramps flow/feed differently
Drone area different vs rocket
No upper pf.

Yeah, it’s different, but many similarities. That’s a good thing.

#3625 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Dile is much betrer than woz imo... u will see how great it shoots and amazing flow it has soon enough . My favorite is comboing the ramps to light lock and then hitting the theater shot to upper flipper and then to side ramp to lock a ball. Its very satisfying and is so butter smooth.

#3626 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dile is much betrer than woz imo... u will see how great it shoots and amazing flow it has soon enough . My favorite is comboing the ramps to light lock and then hitting the theater shot to upper flipper and then to side ramp to lock a ball. Its very satisfying and is so butter smooth.

Silky Smooth

#3627 6 years ago

Much easier to understand and progress than woz. I’ve had woz a year and I still can’t figure out what’s going on.

#3628 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Much easier to understand and progress than woz. I’ve had woz a year and I still can’t figure out what’s going on.

Yea woz makes me angry lol... i always walk away in a better mood after dile...

#3629 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I still think WoZ is JJPs best. DI LE next, then Hobbit. Who knows where Pirates will end up. I really hope they put it back in the development oven and swap release with Toy Story.

#3630 6 years ago

One of the cool things I've noticed about Dialed In is how it has some shots and layout features similar to Pat's past games. I just noticed that the bottom 1/3 of Pat's unreleased Pinball 2000 game Wizard Block is represented fairly well in Dialed In. Pat appears to have originally gotten the "attack approaching" insert concept in Dialed In from his Wizard Block design.

8f0c5c58506f7f64d5215e8d14b9180fd80f1fa2 (resized).jpg8f0c5c58506f7f64d5215e8d14b9180fd80f1fa2 (resized).jpg

#3631 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

One of the cool things I've noticed about Dialed In is how it has some shots and layout features similar to Pat's past games. I just noticed that the bottom 1/3 of Pat's unreleased Pinball 2000 game Wizard Block is represented fairly well in Dialed In. Pat appears to have originally gotten the "attack approaching" insert concept in Dialed In from his Wizard Block design.

Yep that's y di is so great... it takes the best parts of his prior designs and meshes them all togeather in a total package that only jjp wld/cld do. Throw in all the lcd screens and today's tech and rgb lighting and you have a masterpiece imo. I really cant think of anything id change bc its so dam good.

#3632 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep that's y di is so great... it takes the best parts of his prior designs and meshes them all togeather in a total package that only jjp wld/cld do. Throw in all the lcd screens and today's tech and rgb lighting and you have a masterpiece imo. I really cant think of anything id change bc its so dam good.

Only thing I’d change is the geometry on the sim shot, make it more like the camera shot on tz. As it is now, it’s impossible to hit on my game. Agree that it’s a masterpiece.

#3633 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Only thing I’d change is the geometry on the sim shot, make it more like the camera shot on tz. As it is now, it’s impossible to hit on my game. Agree that it’s a masterpiece.

Id try messing with your upper flipper alignment and strength bc i can make my sim shot fairly often.

#3634 6 years ago

Hey guys, I’m about to join the club, picking up an LE from a local guy this week. Just wanted to see if you guys could give me a few tips on things to look for, issues, etc. I’ve played it a few times and everything looks great but I figured you guys who’ve owned it for a while know the specifics. Thanks!

#3635 6 years ago

Hey Bellagio, DI is an awesome pin.
On my LE, there’s a few things which I’ve had done right away:
Cut the mylar away around the magnets (or they will likely bubble over time).
Ensure you have the Cliffy style protectors on the SIM card and Phone scoops to protect against chipping. These are thinner protectors than the first installed JJP protectors.
Lubricate the mechanism under the trap-door mech to aide with it not sticking.
I also installed new balls right from the get go.
You may also need to tweak a few more things along the way but nothing major.
Have a blast- it’s one of our faves.

#3636 6 years ago

Thanks again to several owners who shared their experiences with DI.
I’m catching up in the thread, do we know appx what date JJP switched to the new style Cliffy's in new games Pre-installed?

#3637 6 years ago

While I wait to get a tech to come to fix my phone- I still think this is one of the most fun pins I've owned in a long time. I never thought I'd find a brand new machine that played like my favs from the 90s. This machine has such a crazy theme and fun layout/sound/light package- it really is pretty damn cool.

I'm still not 100% sure why we're trying to destroy Quantum City- my son keeps asking if we're the bad guy- but who cares. It's fun.

Now I just need to get my phone working.....

#3638 6 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Hey guys, I’m about to join the club, picking up an LE from a local guy this week. Just wanted to see if you guys could give me a few tips on things to look for, issues, etc. I’ve played it a few times and everything looks great but I figured you guys who’ve owned it for a while know the specifics. Thanks!

There are all sorts of things you may need to do. Start on page one of this thread-- and go from there lol. I've read 'em all- and wished I had before I started posting my issues

#3639 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Id try messing with your upper flipper alignment and strength bc i can make my sim shot fairly often.

What’s your upper flipper strength set at?

#3640 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ill look when i get home but i also had to adjust its angle bc it wasnt working correctly when i got the game. Ever since then i can make the sim shot much more and upper ramp is still very smooth. I also have my game jacked up in the back so that may be helping.

#3641 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Hey Bellagio, DI is an awesome pin.
On my LE, there’s a few things which I’ve had done right away:
Cut the mylar away around the magnets (or they will likely bubble over time).
Ensure you have the Cliffy style protectors on the SIM card and Phone scoops to protect against chipping. These are thinner protectors than the first installed JJP protectors.
Lubricate the mechanism under the trap-door mech to aide with it not sticking.
I also installed new balls right from the get go.
You may also need to tweak a few more things along the way but nothing major.
Have a blast- it’s one of our faves.

Thanks man. I believe it has full Cliffy’s but I will definitely check that, the mylar and the trap door issue. Appreciate the help! I’ll post a pic when I get it.

#3642 6 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

There are all sorts of things you may need to do. Start on page one of this thread-- and go from there lol. I've read 'em all- and wished I had before I started posting my issues

No doubt I got lots of reading to do

#3643 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I dont' find that flipper power makes any difference with the sim shot. What makes a big difference is if you have the JJP protector on the sim shot or an authentic Cliffy. When I played a proto machine last year, it had no protector at all, and I could make the shot direct maybe 20% of the time. Mine has the JJP protector, and I make the shot direct maybe 5% of the time. I would imagine with a Cliffy it would balance somewhere in the middle at 12%. I would find this percentage acceptable, considering the value of the shot and the fact that flukes happen.

#3644 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I dont' find that flipper power makes any difference with the sim shot. What makes a big difference is if you have the JJP protector on the sim shot or an authentic Cliffy. When I played a proto machine last year, it had no protector at all, and I could make the shot direct maybe 20% of the time. Mine has the JJP protector, and I make the shot direct maybe 5% of the time. I would imagine with a Cliffy it would balance somewhere in the middle at 12%. I would find this percentage acceptable, considering the value of the shot and the fact that flukes happen.

Yep, the Cliffy solution is the best. "So thin, nothing gets in the way of your enjoyment."

#3645 6 years ago

I have to add my voice to DI. Out of all my pins, and some of them are keepers, DI is the best. A great combination of great rules, smooth shooting (except for sim hole), gizmos on the playfield, great lighting, attainable wizard mode, different types of modes, different mb's, sounds and just overall diversification of game play. This is a fun pin that doesn't seem to get old.

#3646 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I have the cliffy, not jjp version. I dont think I’ve ever made the shot off the flipper, ramp shot is very easy.

#3647 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Haha! I’m not bashing WOZ at all, I think that’s one of the greatest of all time. But I play DI way more, I absolutely find it more fun

#3648 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Haha! I’m not bashing WOZ at all, I think that’s one of the greatest of all time. But I play DI way more, I absolutely find it more fun

Give it 5 years like WoZ.

#3649 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I have to add my voice to DI. Out of all my pins, and some of them are keepers, DI is the best. A great combination of great rules, smooth shooting (except for sim hole), gizmos on the playfield, great lighting, attainable wizard mode, different types of modes, different mb's, sounds and just overall diversification of game play. This is a fun pin that doesn't seem to get old.

TWO attainable wizard modes - a lesser and the "real" one.

#3650 6 years ago

Has anybody changed the servings on the dialed in inserts to have some of the letters already lit. If so how many and do you consider this cheating? The best I have been able to do has been 4 SIM cards. I am thinking of having the game start with 2 letters already lit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/73?hl=silverwings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.