IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 273.
#301 6 years ago

Anybody having trouble hitting the sin shot with the protector,I am and have tryed raising the scoup deflector like someone recommend to do to the sim shot and that was before the protector was s factory idem ,that shot is hard enough but with the protector almost impossible for me and I have tryed holding the ball by hand and still no luck with the shot ,I may have to remove and just protect with clear gorilla tape

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Anybody having trouble hitting the sin shot with the protector,I am and have tryed raising the scoup deflector like someone recommend to do to the sim shot and that was before the protector was s factory idem ,that shot is hard enough but with the protector almost impossible for me and I have tryed holding the ball by hand and still no luck with the shot ,I may have to remove and just protect with clear gorilla tape

Is this a factory protector you have? Not clear from your post it is. I wouldn't trust gorilla tape. Cliffys stuff is usually really good, never had one impact a shot.

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is this a factory protector you have?

What are you not understanding?

Quoted from rockrand:

...and that was before the protector was s factory idem...

Ah this

#304 6 years ago

No issue on sim shot with cliffys installed......

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Man, that is one tough shot. I'm riding bareback and I rarely make it off the flipper. I rely on bank shots 80% of the time. I'm afraid once I get the factory protector, it will be near impossible.

#306 6 years ago

don't play it until you have full protection....mine has 115 plays and sim card has chipped clear and paint...

Quoted from bigd1979:

As long as its a recent one you sld b ok ...... at least till u get all your cliffys. I just added the sim cliffy and have 125 games allready and its fine .

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

don't play it until you have full protection....mine has 115 plays and sim card has chipped clear and paint...

Newest ones sld have the sim protector from factory

#308 6 years ago

I Have factory protector and the shot is impossible,I have played other dialed in games with out the protector and I could make it Once in a while .the only way that ball is going in is from a bank shot or a lucky roll in,I knew the protector would be trouble when I first rubbed my finger over it at setup

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I Have factory protector and the shot is impossible,I have played other dialed in games with out the protector and I could make it Once in a while .the only way that ball is going in is from a bank shot or a lucky roll in,I knew the protector would be trouble when I first rubbed my finger over it at setup

Have you tried a quick "slap" on the right flipper button at the correct time? I was playing last night and that made a huge difference on getting in the sim hole.

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No issue on sim shot with cliffys installed......

Good. Mine are on the way. Once I saw that pic of the JJP factory protector I called cliffy immediately. I do have over 200 plays on mine with just factory Mylar and no issues so far.

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Good. Mine are on the way. Once I saw that pic of the JJP factory protector I called cliffy immediately. I do have over 200 plays on mine with just factory Mylar and no issues so far.

I have Clliffy's ordered too.

#312 6 years ago

Don't get me wrong....the sim shot is still very hard but i haven't noticed any difference since cliffy install. I still rely on luck most of the time lol.

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Have you tried a quick "slap" on the right flipper button at the correct time?

Ah so you have to hit the flipper button at the right time...thanks for the tip

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I just ordered an LE today from Automated Services and it's shipping today. They just received stock and there is no wait. These where built last week. I have to research this thread and see what I need to do to keep the playfield protected!

I've heard THAT SHIT from Automated before. DO NOT trust them on their word. Their verbal assurance is worth SHIT.
I ordered a WOZ75 from them in Feb.2017 and stated explicitly, several times, that I was ONLY interested in purchasing a unit with a build date AFTER 12/15/16 and I kept being told "SUUUURE....NO PROBLEM.....THESE ONES JUST CAME IN LAST WEEK."

Mine shows up with a date of 11/27/16. Stamped right there on the box. I am FURIOUS. I call up and I'm given the runaround now, about how they can't control what gets pulled from their warehouse, and there is really no indication on the box what the manufacture date is anyway (BULLSHIT!). I decide to bite the bullet and accept delivery anyway (MY BAD!) and I ended up having months and months of headaches with that particular unit.

Screw Automated Services. I would take ANYTHING they tell you when trying to make a sale with an EXTREME GRAIN OF SALT.
You should do that anyway, with ANY salesperson......but twice as salty with these jerks.

My 2 cents...

#315 6 years ago

This will be my next game. Great to hear all of the positive reviews. I just don't think I can by nib sterns anymore so I am glad there is an alternative!

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

This will be my next game. Great to hear all of the positive reviews. I just don't think I can by nib sterns anymore so I am glad there is an alternative!

You get more with JJP games than Stern. That's for sure!!! Welcome to the JJP club.

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I've heard THAT SHIT from Automated before. DO NOT trust them on their word. Their verbal assurance is worth SHIT.
I ordered a WOZ75 from them in Feb.2017 and stated explicitly, several times, that I was ONLY interested in purchasing a unit with a build date AFTER 12/15/16 and I kept being told "SUUUURE....NO PROBLEM.....THESE ONES JUST CAME IN LAST WEEK."
Mine shows up with a date of 11/27/16. Stamped right there on the box. I am FURIOUS. I call up and I'm given the runaround now, about how they can't control what gets pulled from their warehouse, and there is really no indication on the box what the manufacture date is anyway (BULLSHIT!). I decide to bite the bullet and accept delivery anyway (MY BAD!) and I ended up having months and months of headaches with that particular unit.
Screw Automated Services. I would take ANYTHING they tell you when trying to make a sale with an EXTREME GRAIN OF SALT.
You should do that anyway, with ANY salesperson......but twice as salty with these jerks.
My 2 cents...

Yikes! I'll follow up next week when it arrives and let you know how it went. I also said that the build date was important so we will see.

#318 6 years ago

LE #650 powering up for the first time.

IMG_20170824_183906 (resized).jpgIMG_20170824_183906 (resized).jpg

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Welcome! make sure to run that trapdoor a bunch...seems to be like the biggest tweaking area.

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Awesome.... did it have all the fixes?

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Welcome! make sure to run that trapdoor a bunch...seems to be like the biggest tweaking area.

Knock on wood.... mine has worked great the first 150 games this past week.

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Knock on wood.... mine has worked great the first 150 games this past week.

Yeah mine was really jacked up and took some metal bending. I mean whatever it was a simple job just took a hot minute

#323 6 years ago

Plays great! Came with the SIM card hole protector in place, and everything shoots well for now. Side ramps, trap door, and theater shots are all set perfectly.

Build date was 8.16.2017.

I put it next to WoZ in the bigger room. Kind of wish that I had put it by Twilight Zone, but I'm not moving it again, even if it's just down the hall.

IMG_20170824_214003 (resized).jpgIMG_20170824_214003 (resized).jpg

#324 6 years ago

My scoop is pretty inconsistent. Sometimes it kicks out balls into the right sling, sometimes into the flipper. A friend noticed that most times, the ball is clipping the bottom of the closest habitrail.

Anyone else having this issue?

#325 6 years ago

I paired my iphone 6 with an Local DILE at a bar. It was a challenge to get it going, but I did finally play a game using my phone for flippers. Maybe the buttons were too small, but I felt like It didn't work as well as the actual flippers.

Any other opinions of Bluetooth play

Also i found when the ball came out of the theater, it was often sdtm. I imagine this could be adjusted if I owned this game?

#326 6 years ago

Had the same experience with the mobile app. Meh. It was also never able to recover if the phone went to sleep between balls.

Id there is something on the screen in the theater, it should almost always be flinging the ball up through the top and feeding the upper flipper. Most sound Mike they need to be adjusted immediately to achieve this.

Aside from that, there is no way to adjust it other than re-leveling side to side.

#327 6 years ago

Lower the kick out VUK coil power. I did and while it can still be inconsistent, ball control and reaction time go up.

#328 6 years ago

If you need to take the head off to get it down the steps, how easy is that. My door is not wide enough to fit a pinball through without taking the head off. I remember it was very easy to do this with WOZ, there were only a few electrical connections to detach after the bolts.
-jeff

#329 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Plays great! Came with the SIM card hole protector in place, and everything shoots well for now. Side ramps, trap door, and theater shots are all set perfectly.
Build date was 8.16.2017.
I put it next to WoZ in the bigger room. Kind of wish that I had put it by Twilight Zone, but I'm not moving it again, even if it's just down the hall.

Sweet. Very nice lineup!

Just curious is a metal hole protector on the kickout below the phone as well?

#330 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Lower the kick out VUK coil power. I did and while it can still be inconsistent, ball control and reaction time go up.

Mine is as low as it will go and still having the same problem.

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sweet. Very nice lineup!
Just curious is a metal hole protector on the kickout below the phone as well?

No, just one on the SIM card hole. I already ordered a Cliffy set, so I'll put one on the phone shot as well.

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Mine is as low as it will go and still having the same problem.

Try bending the very top of the scoop down just a _little_ bit.

I was having the serve-to-the-tip-of-the-right-sling problem with mine, and bent the top very slightly at a very slight angle to aim it to the flipper.

#333 6 years ago

Rubber to the right of the theater a little chewed up after 350 plays.

IMG_1175 (resized).JPGIMG_1175 (resized).JPG

#334 6 years ago

Rubber isn;t the best. Like everyone else the slings were trashed on mine in no time.

#335 6 years ago

Future owner here (as soon as my distributor gets stock)!! Very excited to get this game.

Quick question - does the right orbit always go to the ramp, or is there a diverter that sometimes sends the ball the whole way around? I've watched some videos of the game and it appears it is always the ramp, but I am just curious....

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Future owner here (as soon as my distributor gets stock)!! Very excited to get this game.
Quick question - does the right orbit always go to the ramp, or is there a diverter that sometimes sends the ball the whole way around? I've watched some videos of the game and it appears it is always the ramp, but I am just curious....

Just a ramp shot.... unless its weak then goes to pops or skill shot which then shoots it to upper flipper again

#337 6 years ago

We played the game heavily all weekend, including an IFPA event and a launch party side tournament. Hundreds of plays later, everything has been great with it. We managed to get through both events without a single stuck ball or any sort of malfunction. For a new game for me, that's a first. I know that people have had issues, but hopefully this is a sign that the newer run games have had some tweaks done to them to make them a bit more reliable.

I notice that my rubber is wearing though. Nothing shredding so far, but I can see rubber skid marks on the ball.

#338 6 years ago

For those of you that have owned yours for a month or more, how is the appeal of the gameplay holding up? Are you still loving it?

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

For those of you that have owned yours for a month or more, how is the appeal of the gameplay holding up? Are you still loving it?

It's still awesome after a couple of months. Yesterday I was one sim card away from getting to wizard mode. I shouted out "NOOOOOO!" when I lost my last ball and my dog started howling as well. So close.

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

still loving mine

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Always ramp, if it's strong enough.

Note that there is one mode (Potholes) that specifies the right _loop_ - the shot "makes" at the rollover switch just to the right of the bumpers. Everything else requires the complete ramp shot.

Still loving it after one month today! Had a big party over the weekend and DI was easily the most-played, with _zero_ problems.

#342 6 years ago

Still loving mine. I've been playing it a little less since reaching Armageddon & Showdown (which I did not win).

The emphasis on completing modes is awesome, and probably the thing that keeps me coming back. It's how you get to the wizard mode, and the way the Sim Card multipliers keep stacking makes it really painful when a good game comes to an end.

#343 6 years ago

Thank you for the replies. I should be getting mine pretty soon and just want to make sure there aren't too many regrets out there.

#344 6 years ago

no regerts (resized).jpgno regerts (resized).jpg

#345 6 years ago

...and here I thought I was doing so well today - finishing modes and just _snapping_ that SIM card shot. Finally got it found, I'm thinking...

...right until I look at the hole and see the rubber on the upper post is missing.

BOY, does that make that shot easier.

#346 6 years ago

My kids are currently down there playing it. My 8-year old got himself up early, woke up my 4-year old, and they're getting games in before the school bus comes. Normally they're a bit slow to get going on the morning. Funny how new game hype can stir them right out of bed.

I never do a full review until I have played a good 100 or more games, but I got there quickly with Dialed In. I'll have a writeup and video soon.

#347 6 years ago

Actually considering selling my MB to pickup this title, and I do love my MB.

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Had the same thoughts - decided I'm keeping thE MB for the Time being, but gotta figure out how to fit DI into the mix eventually..

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I did amd it paid for my le and had a few thousand left over to get something else and o don't regret it one bit even know my mb was better than new. Dile is a much better game to play with tons more shots , code and things going on .

#350 6 years ago

I'm waiting for "my distributor" as well. It's a very painful wait. I'm glad to see that a lot of issues are being addressed so there is a positive in that. Can't freakin' wait!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.