IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 273.
#3401 6 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I've got five sets of brand new Ninjas and two sets of carbon. Think I'm gonna start with the Ninjas until the game is broken in and eventually switch to carbon.

Quoted from crwjumper:

IMHO the Mylar has a purpose and should be left on. Yes you will have to replace it from time to time, but it still serves a purpose. JJP could have saved money and left it off but they think that it is necessary. I buy new shoes from time to time. I could walk around barefoot, but I find the shoes necessary.

I think they are recommending using an xacto to remove the mylar directly on top of the magnet. This would have cost more for JJP to do. The problem with the mylar on top of the magnet is that it gets a lot more force and will cause the mylar to buckle and peel. the magnet should not need protection, I wouldn't think.

#3402 6 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

If you don’t remove the Mylar on the magnet, it gets destroyed by the ball and eventually you will have to replace it.

the mylar, or the magnet?

#3403 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

The mylar gets destroyed, and would need to be replaced often. The magnet can more than hold up to the ball. sorry for the poor wording.

#3404 6 years ago

On my machine the mylar over the magnet cores melted and bubbled in no time at all, probably less than 50 games. May as well cut it off immediately. Leave it on the playfield though, just cut it off the core.

#3405 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

IMHO the Mylar has a purpose and should be left on. Yes you will have to replace it from time to time, but it still serves a purpose. JJP could have saved money and left it off but they think that it is necessary. I buy new shoes from time to time. I could walk around barefoot, but I find the shoes necessary.

It's only the part of the mylar that is directly on the magnet core that you should remove....not the whole mylar in the magnet area.

#3406 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I took mine off since both magnets needed to be lowered. Much prefer playing without the mylar. For home use, no need for mylar. To build on you shoe analogy, walking barefoot around the house make a lot of sense...outdoors, not so much.

snaroff

#3407 6 years ago
Quoted from chill:

I ordered Cliffy's and they took about two months to arrive. But they're worth it. Cliff is super busy and it may take some time for him to reply to your email. You'll also have to get in the DI protector queue so it may take some time before he can get to your order. But don't give up.

For the phone and sim scoop, just open a support case and JJP will send you a free set.

#3408 6 years ago

I received my dialed in today! It arrived in perfect condition. A bit bigger than I expected, but was able to wrestle it in the door with two people.

One question: What's the best way to remove the quantum theater to be able to cut the Mylar away from the magnet? How bug of a job is that?

After a few games, I can already feel rough spots on the Mylar over the magnets.

Thanks!

#3409 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I re-read what I posted and realized it was a bit vague...don’t remove all of the Mylar just the part that is covering the magnet. When I got my DILE the Mylar covered both magnets. If you don’t remove the Mylar off the magnet it starts to bubble and tear forcing you to replace all of the mylar. It is really easy to do with an exacto knife on the drone magnet. The theater magnet will require removing the magnet on the underside of the playfield. It is only a couple of screws then use the exacto knife to remove the mylar that covers the magnet. Maybe JJP has corrected this and mylar no longer covers the magnet. Hope this helps.

#3410 6 years ago
Quoted from geoncic:

I received my dialed in today! It arrived in perfect condition. A bit bigger than I expected, but was able to wrestle it in the door with two people.
One question: What's the best way to remove the quantum theater to be able to cut the Mylar away from the magnet? How bug of a job is that?
After a few games, I can already feel rough spots on the Mylar over the magnets.
Thanks!

Remove the magnet from the bottom, just a few screws, then use an exacto knife and cut it out.

#3411 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Remove the magnet from the bottom, just a few screws, then use an exacto knife and cut it out.

Perfect. I didn't even think about taking out the magnet from the bottom! I was thinking it was going to be a heck of a project to get to it from the top side!

#3412 6 years ago
Quoted from geoncic:

Perfect. I didn't even think about taking out the magnet from the bottom! I was thinking it was going to be a heck of a project to get to it from the top side!

Theater actually is very easy to remove....

#3413 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Theater actually is very easy to remove....

Looked like there are 3 nylon nuts to remove, but would have to remove a lot of other pieces to get to all of them. The nuts also seem to be a non standard size. Smaller than 3/8" but bigger than 5/16"? Maybe 9mm?

#3414 6 years ago

I have the playfield protector on, I guess it makes the removing of mylar a no-go then.

#3415 6 years ago

The mylar

#3416 6 years ago

I let my wife have the first game on our new Dialed In. Her new favorite pin.

AE33B4AF-6BAC-497A-B0B9-D83494DD79DF (resized).jpegAE33B4AF-6BAC-497A-B0B9-D83494DD79DF (resized).jpeg

#3417 6 years ago

Yesterday my right flipper started acting up weirdly. Almost like an emp strike would have hit it (but it was not a mode). The flipper did not stay up and on occassion did not correspond to me pressing the flipper button. I am sure something like this has happen before - anyone care to point me to a solution? Thanks!

#3418 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Yesterday my right flipper started acting up weirdly. Almost like an emp strike would have hit it (but it was not a mode). The flipper did not stay up and on occassion did not correspond to me pressing the flipper button. I am sure something like this has happen before - anyone care to point me to a solution? Thanks!

Sounds like your flipper button switch is making intermittent contact. Lift the playfield and press the button while looking at the switch.

Also, check the connection to the flipper coil to make sure they're all on the pegs solidly.

#3419 6 years ago

Finally have my game working problem and error free (except phone freezing) but the one thing that I'm having some challenges with is getting the game to play well.

I'm curious to know what level you guys are setting yours at. My bubble is sitting just above the second line, and when I put my digital torpedo in the drain (so center is near the actual bubble level) it's showing 6.25 degrees.

#3422 6 years ago

So with the torpedo base in the drain, you're getting 6.5?

#3423 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm curious to know what level you guys are setting yours at. My bubble is sitting just above the second line, and when I put my digital torpedo in the drain (so center is near the actual bubble level) it's showing 6.25 degrees.

In keeping with the theme 6.66.

#3424 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So with the torpedo base in the drain, you're getting 6.5?

In the middle of the playfield it’s 6.5. I don’t use a torpedo. I use the Pinguy app.

#3425 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

In the middle of the playfield it’s 6.5. I don’t use a torpedo. I use the Pinguy app.

How much are the leg levellers on the back turned out? 1/4 way? 1/2 way?

With my torpedo level sitting between the drain and lower part of slings, I'm now getting 6.5 degrees, but my the bubble level on the shooter lane is at the third line.

Does this sound right?

#3426 6 years ago

My experience is that its extremely important to have the correct pitch on DI in order for it to play correctly without balls flying off the ramps etc.

#3427 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

How much are the leg levellers on the back turned out? 1/4 way? 1/2 way?
With my torpedo level sitting between the drain and lower part of slings, I'm now getting 6.5 degrees, but my the bubble level on the shooter lane is at the third line.
Does this sound right?

I don't base anything on the bubble level as I find it to be inconsistent from pin to pin.

#3428 6 years ago

I know this isn't the "scientific" way of levelling a game, but I always start by turning the back legs really far down and then playing the game over the next couple hours and turning the front legs until the game plays the way I want it too. I have used all the apps, bought a digital level, used torpedo levels, and nothing works for me better then just playing the game and making adjustments. Even then I find myself making adjustments weeks, sometimes months later. Hope that helps someone.

#3429 6 years ago

7.0 on mine and it plays fast and evil.... just how i like it.

#3430 6 years ago

Anybody know if there are code updates on the horizon? I know the game is pretty well
Complete (except for the “Onslaught” mode I heard may be forthcoming). Just curious

#3431 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Anybody know if there are code updates on the horizon? I know the game is pretty well
Complete (except for the “Onslaught” mode I heard may be forthcoming). Just curious

Ted had commented a few weeks back that the coders were waiting on some animations ... likely for the phone ... or theater ... or the backbox big screen ... or all of them. There will be more code at some point.

#3432 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Onslaught?

#3433 6 years ago

My new dialed in has a loud humming/buzzing noise coming from the speakers. Is this a common problem? If the volume is turned up you don’t notice too bad, the lower the volume the louder the buzz. Anyone have this issue?

#3434 6 years ago

I've had my game for almost a week now and absolutely love it! I'm very new at playing pinball (less than 500 games played in my life), and was proud to hit 800,000 on DI at around the 200 game mark.

The only thing wrong Ive found so far is that I have one pixel stuck on red on the big back box screen. Is there a chance this is fixable, or am I going to have to live with it?

#3435 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

My new dialed in has a loud humming/buzzing noise coming from the speakers. Is this a common problem? If the volume is turned up you don’t notice too bad, the lower the volume the louder the buzz. Anyone have this issue?

Call JJP and ask for an isolation transformer.

LTG : )

#3436 6 years ago
Quoted from geoncic:

I've had my game for almost a week now and absolutely love it! I'm very new at playing pinball (less than 500 games played in my life), and was proud to hit 800,000 on DI at around the 200 game mark.
The only thing wrong Ive found so far is that I have one pixel stuck on red on the big back box screen. Is there a chance this is fixable, or am I going to have to live with it?

Where is the red stuck pixel, is it in the very top right corner? If so, it's not a stuck pixel, it's JJPs, version of a credit dot and you have a game malfunction. On a game that new it's likely the trapdoor sticking open.

#3437 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Where is the red stuck pixel, is it in the very top right corner? If so, it's not a stuck pixel, it's JJPs, version of a credit dot and you have a game malfunction. On a game that new it's likely the trapdoor sticking open.

I had a problem with my trap door...sprayed some fluid film on the joints. It has been working fine since. We use this product on our hydraulic plates and the metal mechanism to prevent the plates from sticking. Works like a charm

#3439 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Where is the red stuck pixel, is it in the very top right corner? If so, it's not a stuck pixel, it's JJPs, version of a credit dot and you have a game malfunction.

That'd be one GIGANTIC f'ing pixel!

#3440 6 years ago

That'd be one GIGANTIC f'ing pixel!

Agreed, it's not a single pixel for the credit dot, but I've seen people unfamiliar with DI specifically call it that. It is a small red spot in the very corner.

#3441 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Agreed, it's not a single pixel for the credit dot, but I've seen people unfamiliar with DI specifically call it that. It is a small red spot in the very corner.

Agreed. And if it WAS just a single dead pixel, they probably wouldn't even notice it.

#3442 6 years ago

Agreed. And if it WAS just a single dead pixel, they probably wouldn't even notice it.

It is a single pixel, not a credit dot. It's probably 6 inches from the top and 2 inches from the right edge. It probably wouldn't that noticeable if I wasn't so anal, or if it was blue or green. A red single pixel looks like a spotlight to me when on a black background

#3443 6 years ago

So, I had a couple of other issues that I was wondering if anybody else has, and if there are any remedies:

1. When a ball drains, sometimes it will not fully go down the trough and trigger the opto. I will have to nudge the machine, and sometimes get a tilt warning.
2. If the ball does not have enough speed when going into the skill shot, it will not trigger, and I have to nudge the machine
3. Sometimes when the ball goes into the sim card slot, it will trigger the trap door sensor (Emoji, selfie, etc.)

My machine is set up just past the second bubble, and I am using ninja balls. The seem pretty smooth, have about 150 games on them, and they do not seem to be magnetized when I do the paperclip test. Should I wax the balls or the portions where they seem to be getting 'hung up' sometimes?

Thanks

#3444 6 years ago

Played this for the first time last night and the HYPE was real. It was easily the best JJP game I've played and I really just wanted to keep seeing more of it. I didn't hook my phone up to the table but being able to use the on screen QR code to post scores was cool and the selfies are a lot of fun. I can easily see why people love this game. JJP needs to just make games like this without a an expensive license.

#3445 6 years ago
Quoted from mcovill125:

Played this for the first time last night and the HYPE was real. It was easily the best JJP game I've played and I really just wanted to keep seeing more of it. I didn't hook my phone up to the table but being able to use the on screen QR code to post scores was cool and the selfies are a lot of fun. I can easily see why people love this game. JJP needs to just make games like this without a an expensive license.

Hopefully they can ride this one out longer, too - they put 4 years into this game, and it shows!

#3446 6 years ago
Quoted from mcovill125:

Exactly, this is one FUN game. Was like a time travel back to the 90:s for me.

#3447 6 years ago
Quoted from geoncic:

1. When a ball drains, sometimes it will not fully go down the trough and trigger the opto. I will have to nudge the machine, and sometimes get a tilt warning.

Balls magnetized and sticking in the ball trough ?

Plunger that kicks the ball up to the shooter lane sticking up a billionth of an inch too high and not letting balls roll into place ? ( It is adjustable, four screws hold coil/plunger bracket to end of ball trough, can be loosened and raised or lowered. Don't go too far either direction )

LTG : )

#3448 6 years ago
Quoted from geoncic:

So, I had a couple of other issues that I was wondering if anybody else has, and if there are any remedies:
2. If the ball does not have enough speed when going into the skill shot, it will not trigger, and I have to nudge the machine
3. Sometimes when the ball goes into the sim card slot, it will trigger the trap door sensor (Emoji, selfie, etc.)
My machine is set up just past the second bubble, and I am using ninja balls. The seem pretty smooth, have about 150 games on them, and they do not seem to be magnetized when I do the paperclip test. Should I wax the balls or the portions where they seem to be getting 'hung up' sometimes?
Thanks

For #1 it sounds like maybe the machine isn't level side to side or the balls are magnetized.
For #2 the wire on the switch needs to be adjusted so a slow ball can always trigger it. Using a wire switch there was a TERRIBLE design choice. It's butted up against stuff underneath and getting it adjusted perfectly is time consuming. Basically just bending and tweaking the wire trigger side to side and back and forward until it's just right. Once you get it right, it will stay, though. I was adjusting it on and off for about a month and after I got it right, it's stayed good for almost a year now.

#3449 6 years ago

Onslaught was the working name for what became Chaos in Quantum City.
--Ted

#3450 6 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Onslaught was the working name for what became Chaos in Quantum City.
--Ted

Aha!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/69?hl=geoncic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.