IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 273.
#3301 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

My Bluetooth dongle seems to stop working frequently and my phone won't connect. Could I just swap the dongle with another or does it have to be a specific make/model?

The game has specific drivers for the chipset used, but many Bluetooth dongles use the same chipset so you can try - but it’s sort of a crapshoot

#3302 6 years ago

I'm not able to backhand the phone scoop on my game from the right flipper, or do a post pass from the right flipper. On other DI's I can.

The game is perfectly leveled at 6.5

Any thoughts on what I can do to correct this?

#3303 6 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I'm not able to backhand the phone scoop on my game from the right flipper, or do a post pass from the right flipper. On other DI's I can.

Is it bouncing back hard or more soft? That will tell you whether to dial the coil strength up or down

#3304 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Anyone know when the next code update will drop? Any details as to new modes or changes? Code is good as is but just curious what’s to come?

On a recent Buffalo Pinball stream there was also mention of some upgrade to the way the theatre drops/spinner, etc work.

#3305 6 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

My back hand to the scoop always catches the post as well. Just no margin to make the shot. While other DIs it’s possible. I can post pass easily though.

No solution I have found yet.

#3306 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

On a recent Buffalo Pinball stream there was also mention of some upgrade to the way the theatre drops/spinner, etc work.

There’s a new setting under coils, where the ball “wiggles” a bit before exiting. It is called “test lab” or something. It really works well on my game

#3307 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There’s a new setting under coils, where the ball “wiggles” a bit before exiting. It is called “test lab” or something. It really works well on my game

The Test Lab often just wiggles and drops it SDTM still, anyone else getting this?

I feel this game would be a solid 10/10 if the theater wasn't such a center drain and if the SIM shot wasn't such an impossible and improbable shot. Wish it was more like the camera shot in TZ.

#3308 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

The Test Lab often just wiggles and drops it SDTM still, anyone else getting this?
I feel this game would be a solid 10/10 if the theater wasn't such a center drain and if the SIM shot wasn't such an impossible and improbable shot. Wish it was more like the camera shot in TZ.

Have you reduced the theater settings ? Mine is set to -67 right now, and I have not had a ball caught and go SDTM since I changed those 2 settings

#3309 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Raise your back right leg three turns and it won’t go sdtm anymore. Your game will still be roughly level

#3310 6 years ago

My toddler said he wanted to play DI today. Even though I have an EOS issue that I still have to resolve, I wanted him to be able to play a game, so I fired it up for him. For the first time, he actually patiently waited for the ball to reach the flipper before hitting it, and he almost started 2 modes!

I felt like I was playing with a buddy my age. I was jumping up and down cheering on every shot! Pretty freaking awesome!

#3311 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Even though I have an EOS issue that I still have to resolve,

Like a Williams fliptronics game, a JJP game will compensate for a non working EOS switch.

LTG : )

#3312 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Like a Williams fliptronics game, a JJP game will compensate for a non working EOS switch.

Yeah, I just have to find the time to pull the game out from under my massive bulkhead, and do a continuity test. But my little guy insists that I be a dog and eat plastic food, so I'm sort of tied up

#3313 6 years ago

Hi, Dialed In User.
What sound setting you have and are the most optimal for an ultimate Quamtum City atmosphere ?

I have
Volume 21
Speech 75
Music 75
FX 85
Fanfare 75

But I'm still not completely satisfied it could have more dynamics / bass

Best Regards
Worf

#3314 6 years ago

Am I correct in thinking a lit sim card ( but not collected yet ) is lost when getting to Chaos in Quantum city? I just reached chaos with 2 collected sim cards and one ready for collection. I hit the sim hole during chaos but it wasn't collected, then when the mode was over the sim waiting to be collected was gone. 99% sure that's what happened, hope it's fixed in the future.

#3315 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Am I correct in thinking a lit sim card ( but not collected yet ) is lost when getting to Chaos in Quantum city?

That is correct as of now but Ted I believe said it will be changed on the next update

#3316 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

Hi, Dialed In User.
What sound setting you have and are the most optimal for an ultimate Quamtum City atmosphere ?
I have
Volume 21
Speech 75
Music 75
FX 85
Fanfare 75
Best Regards
Worf

Im happy with whatever stock settings were....

#3317 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

Hi, Dialed In User.
I have
Volume 21
Speech 75
Music 75
FX 85
Fanfare 75
Best Regards
Worf

i like to turn the music up (or rather, everything else down) - the callouts seem too loud to me

#3318 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Remember the location for updates.

Thanks all. I fixed mine. Simply wasn’t pushed in all the way. Gave it a nudge and got a light.

#3319 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

i like to turn the music up (or rather, everything else down) - the callouts seem too loud to me

I generally recommend the latter, turning everything else down. The callouts are aggressive and the mix is more suited to the acoustic war zone of public operation or a pinball party with a lot of machines going.

If you are mostly playing it in a private space solo then turning the callouts down a little would be appropriate.

ddt

#3320 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

I generally recommend the latter, turning everything else down. The callouts are aggressive and the mix is more suited to the acoustic war zone of public operation or a pinball party with a lot of machines going.
If you are mostly playing it in a private space solo then turning the callouts down a little would be appropriate.
ddt

Right; turning up is a receipe for a blown out board, or in the case of our machines, a distorted main output. My band is starting to play quieter, thank goodness..

#3321 6 years ago

So finally got a chance to test continuity for my EOS errors, and found this wire just hanging loosely by the upper flipper. I'm guessing that this should be attached and is responsible for the errors.

Only question is, what lug does it connect to? Inside our out? Based on the lower right flipper, the two black wire goes on the inside lug (closest to coil).

The wireust have snapped off and is now pretty short. Might need to extend it. What gauge is it?

And lastly, here is a photo of the left flipper EOS. Does it look like it is bent open too much? Maybe I should bend it back a bit?

IMG_20180324_184233 (resized).jpgIMG_20180324_184233 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180324_184916 (resized).jpgIMG_20180324_184916 (resized).jpg

#3322 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So finally got a chance to test continuity for my EOS errors, and found this wire just hanging loosely by the upper flipper. I'm guessing that this should be attached and is responsible for the errors.
Only question is, what lug does it connect to? Inside our out? Based on the lower right flipper, the two black wire goes on the inside lug (closest to coil).
The wireust have snapped off and is now pretty short. Might need to extend it. What gauge is it?
And lastly, here is a photo of the left flipper EOS. Does it look like it is bent open too much? Maybe I should bend it back a bit?

One wire is black and the other is black with a red stripe. Put the broken wire with the one it matches.

#3323 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

You need to push the plunger in to simulate a flip to determine the correct location. Chances are, it's fine. The switch should touch when the flipper is very close to fully extended.

snaroff

#3324 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Am I correct in thinking a lit sim card ( but not collected yet ) is lost when getting to Chaos in Quantum city? I just reached chaos with 2 collected sim cards and one ready for collection. I hit the sim hole during chaos but it wasn't collected, then when the mode was over the sim waiting to be collected was gone. 99% sure that's what happened, hope it's fixed in the future.

Partially correct. It won’t collect SIM cards during Chaos, but you won’t lose them. Whatever was available prior to Chaos will still be available after.

#3325 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

One wire is black and the other is black with a red stripe. Put the broken wire with the one it matches.

Sweet! Soldered it back on and everything seems to be working perfectly. Thank you again for all of your awesome help.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3326 6 years ago

Can the backbox LCD’s brightness be adjusted dimmer?

#3327 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Can the backbox LCD’s brightness be adjusted dimmer?

It's already not bright enough, IMO. I don't think there's a way to change the one strip of LEDs at the top of the backglass to make them lower.

You CAN, however, make the insert LEDs less-bright. The options are LOWER, LOW, NORMAL, HIGH. I usually have them set to LOWER or LOW. The other two are ridiculous.

#3328 6 years ago

How do I fix the right flipper in my picture?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3329 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's already not bright enough, IMO. I don't think there's a way to change the one strip of LEDs at the top of the backglass to make them lower.
You CAN, however, make the insert LEDs less-bright. The options are LOWER, LOW, NORMAL, HIGH. I usually have them set to LOWER or LOW. The other two are ridiculous.

I mean the backbox LCD monitor screen

#3330 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

How do I fix the right flipper in my picture?

Loosen the nut holding the pawl to the flipper shaft, turn flipper to position, retighten HARDER.

Be sure and leave a tiny bit of up and down play ( not back and forth ) so pawl doesn't bind on the nylon bushing below the playfield that the flipper shaft rides in.

#3331 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I mean the backbox LCD monitor screen

Yes, there are brightness and contrast controls for the screen itself.

#3332 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Sweet! Soldered it back on and everything seems to be working perfectly. Thank you again for all of your awesome help.

Glad you got it all worked out!

#3333 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loosen the nut holding the pawl to the flipper shaft, turn flipper to position, retighten HARDER.
Be sure and leave a tiny bit of up and down play ( not back and forth ) so pawl doesn't bind on the nylon bushing below the playfield that the flipper shaft rides in.

Appears the spring is broken. Can I just uncoil at the break and attach to the flipper? Is this just a temporary solution?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3334 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Appears the spring is broken. Can I just uncoil at the break and attach to the flipper? Is this just a temporary solution?

Yes

#3335 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

That's the way everyone I know does it, and not temporarily.

#3336 6 years ago

Posted about this before, but figured I'd revisit before trying to fix it. My phone screen now is predominantly pink/red, and the character animations usually are frozen (as in, there mouths don't move, but the image appears in a tinge of red).

Does this sound like the issue is the phone, or the video card?

#3337 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Can I just uncoil at the break and attach to the flipper?

Yes. See pictures.

Quoted from estrader:

Is this just a temporary solution?

My experience is lasts a long time. Probably won't happen again.

broke (resized).JPGbroke (resized).JPG

fix (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPG

goodasnew (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPG

#3338 6 years ago

After getting the coin door powdercoated it was time to get Modfather to make me a custom cup holder! Now time to get MustangPauls cup light up! Thanks again to Modfather for his awesome work!

20180325_200601.jpg20180325_200601.jpg

20180325_200533.jpg20180325_200533.jpg

#3339 6 years ago

I apologize if this has already been answered, but I could not find a clear answer.

I am about to purchase a NIB DISE, but was wondering if I would be able to get it through my bedroom door, or if I need to plan on storing in another room. The door measures 29" on the inside if I were to take the door off the hinges. I see the dimensions of the backbox are 29", but I'd like to get an opinion on someone who has one or had to get it into a tight room. Is unbolting the backbox and rotating a bit while strapping it down an option?

Thanks everybody, I've been slowly reading through this thread, so much information! I'm so excited, as this will be my first pin to own myself.

#3340 6 years ago
Quoted from geoncic:

I apologize if this has already been answered, but I could not find a clear answer.
I am about to purchase a NIB DISE, but was wondering if I would be able to get it through my bedroom door, or if I need to plan on storing in another room. The door measures 29" on the inside if I were to take the door off the hinges. I see the dimensions of the backbox are 29", but I'd like to get an opinion on someone who has one or had to get it into a tight room. Is unbolting the backbox and rotating a bit while strapping it down an option?
Thanks everybody, I've been slowly reading through this thread, so much information! I'm so excited, as this will be my first pin to own myself.

The backbox is actually a hair over 28 3/4" (I just measured top and bottom of the head), so you could theoretically get it through a door that's an actual 29" wide inside.

#3341 6 years ago

My door ways are 29 and i am able to fit all pins in.....

#3342 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

After getting the coin door powdercoated it was time to get Modfather to make me a custom cup holder! Now time to get MustangPauls cup light up! Thanks again to Modfather for his awesome work!

That's a LOT of blue LED light. Careful with that as it has been shown to permanently damage retinas due to its unique wavelength.

#3343 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's a LOT of blue LED light. Careful with that as it has been shown to permanently damage retinas due to its unique wavelength.

In albino rats and in petri-dishes with pig cells.

"The bottom line, Dr. Khurana says, is that taking preventive measures against blue light even though there is no evidence of damage could be more harmful than the blue light itself. “It’s premature to take preventative action against blue light—there could be unintended consequences,” he says. - https://www.aao.org/eye-health/tips-prevention/should-you-be-worried-about-blue-light

#3344 6 years ago

Damn. These springs are popping like crazy. Easy fix but a pita to have to do it.

#3345 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Posted about this before, but figured I'd revisit before trying to fix it. My phone screen now is predominantly pink/red, and the character animations usually are frozen (as in, there mouths don't move, but the image appears in a tinge of red).
Does this sound like the issue is the phone, or the video card?

This sounds like a phone issue.
Call JJP.

#3346 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. See pictures.

My experience is lasts a long time. Probably won't happen again.

One cannot use e.g. Williams springs here instead?

#3347 6 years ago

Are there any news or updates with the Mantisprotector and how reliable the shot in the phonescoop work?

#3348 6 years ago
Quoted from geoncic:

My door is exactly 29 and I was able to get it through the game is a sliver under 29. I think if you are measuring exactly 29 you will be fine but will need to be careful getting it through the door

#3349 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Are there any news or updates with the Mantisprotector and how reliable the shot in the phonescoop work?

Yes I would love to hear about this. The Cliffy phone scoop protector produced way too many brick outs for my liking. It definitely needs some protection though because the wood is getting chewed up. I suspect the Mantis will probably have bricks too though...

#3350 6 years ago

I am now on my second phone, JJ sent me a replacement. What I have now is color washed out in Yellow or Pink . I suspect the video card since it does not have anything supporting it other than the PCI connector itself. Usually a PC will have a bracket with a screw to hold cards in place, not sure why they didn't do that here, after all it is a pinball machine and will get shaken a lot more than most PCs will. To mitigate this I have added a couple strips of weather stripping to the PC cover to put pressure on the card and keep it from moving around. It hasn't occurred for a few days now since I did this. Time will tell if this fixes it for good or on to phone number 3.... Also added a pic of what I believe is the video card used -- MSI ATI Radeon HD6450

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg
image2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpeg
image3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpeg
image4 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpeg
51H8t3YLwsL (resized).jpg51H8t3YLwsL (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/67?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.