By goren1818

1 year ago

Stats

• 3,665 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 468 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

e142307edf7ad44ceda8c912bc4fc30edb7c6f69 (resized).jpg
20180421_213726 (resized).jpg
20180421_214041 (resized).jpg
20180421_211925 (resized).jpg
8f0c5c58506f7f64d5215e8d14b9180fd80f1fa2 (resized).jpg
dont_you_say_that_billy_madison.gif
aadb7edc-5f3e-4099-b958-a4a06ee1da32_1.b07f392623cc024fd7bf3fa5821a4c5b (resized).jpeg
IMG_1605 (resized).jpg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpg
IMG_1602 (resized).jpg
IMG_1597 (resized).jpg
IMG_1601 (resized).jpg
20180417_132958 (resized).jpg
6D50DE68-AA7B-4B24-93CB-618742853A67 (resized).jpeg
894FDCAF-DBF6-4CF8-B5BD-F3A3A2333659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3666 posts in topic. You are on page 66 of 74.
#3251 37 days ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Yes. Also, unseat your graphics card & reseat it. Mine was loose, but didn't appear to be. That fixed it.

Yeah- thanks I tried that today -but no dice.

I don't think it's the phone and I also crossed off the vga cord (I used my own with the same results). My eye's on a flakey video card based on my experience with computers. It could be one tiny connector not quite being in place or a bad soldering job.

Either way- JJP is sending me a new video card and new phone to try. I hope it's the video card and I'm done.

It's funny- this is more a standard PC issue than a pin issue. Good thing I know my way around computers. I imagine this is hard on some of you with no PC experience and having to learn a whole new set of skills.

I still love the game- but I think I've spent more time figuring this out than playing in my less than first week of ownership

I did discover (with a photo from Stephen at JJP) that my headphone jack was plugged in at the factory backwards. I adjusted and it works perfectly now.

#3252 37 days ago

I'll have to look into that, maybe my issue is a graphics card. Don't feel bad, I've had my game for six months and it's never played 100%

#3253 37 days ago

Yes it's not as easy out of the box as another company that's for sure.

#3254 36 days ago

Had to share this....my 3 year old loves playing pinball but can't yet move past just spamming the flippers non-stop. I let him play my DILE all the time. He has his own little $19 Star Wars pinball (you know, the same design licensed to about 500 themes over the years). Today he's playing and tells me:

"My pinball doesn't have fans. And it doesn't have a man that moves back and forth. It has no lights." I couldn't stop laughing hearing him refer to the drones as "fans". LOL (BTW ever run the drones with the glass off? They produce an enormous amount of wind for their size!)

#3255 36 days ago

I have to say- the machine is SO much fun- and the support and willingness from JJP to jump right in and quickly send out new parts speaks volumes about how Jack is trying to build this business. While I'm bummed I have to roll up my sleeves a bit, it's helping me learn my way around these new systems.

As mentioned earlier- if you don't have PC experience this may be more daunting and I understand that.

I'll report back on the new video card- as it's literally plug play- so I should know quickly once I get it. Definitely not for the faint of heart to spend $9K and have to work on a new pin to ensure it's working 100%.....I'm not saying I'm happy about it lol....but at least they're making it as painless as possible to help.

Keep it up Jack!

#3256 36 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Was just playing a game and this screw popped loose, rolled down the right side of the PF, and fell through the right sling into the cabinet.
Any ideas on what part of the right side of the PF is comes from? Wasn't obvious after 5 minutes of inspection...screw is 1/4" in length.
Thanks in advance for any help!

I bought an early run with minimal plays on it. LE # 120. I decided to put cliffies and Titan rings on it. While replacing the rubbers and installing the cliffies, I found that about half of the parts on the game were loose. Both on top of, and under the playfield. Posts, brackets, flipper mechs, etc.

#3257 36 days ago

How difficult is it to remove the backbox on Dialed In? Tempted to get one but I’d need to remove the backbox to get it in and I have no idea how that works on JJP machines.

#3258 36 days ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

How difficult is it to remove the backbox on Dialed In? Tempted to get one but I’d need to remove the backbox to get it in and I have no idea how that works on JJP machines.

Very similar to a WPC game. Taking a lot of pictures, labeling everything, it took about an hour to remove and an hour to put back on being careful about everything.

#3259 36 days ago

This topper from mezel mods looks awesome

8A8D8DFD-7600-4017-A670-71D472995798 (resized).png

#3260 36 days ago

At what point do any of the 4 apron lights come on?I never notice them being on.

#3261 36 days ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Is this the finished product or the mock up they showed earlier?

#3262 36 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

At what point do any of the 4 apron lights come on?I never notice them being on.

I believe that shows the Bluetooth connectivity with the App.

#3263 36 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is this the finished product or the mock up they showed earlier?

It’s on display in Texas. No idea what the status is. Check out the Facebook video on the Pinball Star to see it in action. Cool lightning animation

#3264 36 days ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

It’s on display in Texas. No idea what the status is. Check out the Facebook video on the Pinball Star to see it in action. Cool lightning animation

Thank you

#3265 36 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

They were going to be used when they were going to use NFC (near field communication) for the app to verify you're connected, but they changed to Bluetooth, so they're not really used for anything except light shows now.

#3266 36 days ago

Just installed the cliffy SIM card and phone scoop protector, both of which are super easy. This was the first time I installed cliffys.

I think it makes a huge difference in the way the game plays. Keep in mind I’m not on the pro circuit.

#3267 36 days ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Here’s a better photo lit up, really nice looking topper! It’s just about complete, they say the side pieces and lightning bolts will be slightly different. I think people are going to be happy with it.

image (resized).jpg

#3268 36 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here’s a better photo lit up, really nice looking topper! It’s just about complete, they say the side pieces and lightning bolts will be slightly different. I think people are going to be happy with it.

How much does it cost?

#3269 36 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

How much does it cost?

Contact them, I don’t think they’ve released that yet.

#3270 35 days ago
Quoted from attack7:

Very similar to a WPC game. Taking a lot of pictures, labeling everything, it took about an hour to remove and an hour to put back on being careful about everything.

I just did this, having received my game #283 on Friday. It was NOT as simple as doing a WPC game - there are a similar number of connectors as a WPC game, but there are at least 3 connectors (USB firmware extension, front headphone jack, and cabinet speaker) which run from the cab to the head with no connector in between. There were also 3 connectors i had to open the PC housing to get to.

In comparison, TH and WOZ are a BREEZE to remove the backbox for transport. So be careful! Don't make the assumption I did in that it will be a fast job...

#3271 35 days ago

Was at the show. The topper will be $300.00

#3272 35 days ago
Quoted from knobstone:

O my...

#3273 35 days ago
Quoted from knobstone:

I'm a poor man,with a rich man's addiction

#3274 35 days ago

Topper on the game. The standard has the cutout for the flasher. The others will not.

B8A4CCD8-9FA5-4A38-A844-85B46687B0FC (resized).jpeg

28508C63-194D-4C6F-B00A-25A5ED43BF1A (resized).jpeg

1F6B26D3-927E-4AFD-B7A3-B94E6CC8AD1E (resized).jpeg

#3275 35 days ago

If you are starting a waiting list, please add me for a topper for a standard.

#3276 35 days ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Which video? Link? Can't find it on Facebook.

#3277 35 days ago

I don’t understand are you saying that the lighting only works on the DI standard version? When will you take orders?

#3278 35 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t understand are you saying that the lighting only works on the DI standard version? When will you take orders?

The standards have a flasher for the top of the head, the LEs do not. They were just saying that the topper for the Standards has a cutout to go around the flasher box.

#3279 35 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

The standards have a flasher for the top of the head, the LEs do not. They were just saying that the topper for the Standards has a cutout to go around the flasher box.

In the words of the great Johnny
Carson I did not know that”

#3280 35 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

In the words of the great Johnny
Carson I did not know that”

There's a setting for it in the system menu. Something like "Camera Flash Topper" or something. It's nothing special, just a small rectangle with LEDs in it that provides extra light for the selfie mode pictures.

#3281 35 days ago

I know tiltopper came out with one similiar to the Ce factory one for $ 225.00. And i think someone else is making a topper also.

#3282 32 days ago

How do you connect cell phone flipper controls?

I have the app downloaded it searches for the machine but no go? Anyone know if it is something in settings?

Thanks

#3283 32 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I have the app downloaded it searches for the machine but no go? Anyone know if it is something in settings?
Thanks

Start the app. Start a new game while holding left flipper button. If it syncs, it should put a little box in the upper corner of the main pinball screen telling you so.

#3284 32 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks

The Bluetooth dongle dies frequently so try to sync right after you turn on the game.
Boot Up Game
Boot Up App
Hold left flipper on machine and on app while pressing start button for a new game.
Test to see if sync by using flipper buttons on app

#3285 32 days ago

Haven't tried it without holding down button on app. As suggested by VIRELAND. So this may not be necessary.

#3286 32 days ago

Got it to work..thanks @vireland and @fnosm !!

#3287 32 days ago

My keys for the back box will not unlock the back box. I’ve had it open before so I have no idea what’s going on. The key won’t turn the lock. I’ve wiggled, shaked, twisted to no avail. Only other game I have is WOZ and I tried those keys to see if they got switched but those only unlock WOZ. Any suggestions ?

#3288 32 days ago
Quoted from Grateful_Pin:

My keys for the back box will not unlock the back box. I’ve had it open before so I have no idea what’s going on. The key won’t turn the lock. I’ve wiggled, shaked, twisted to no avail. Only other game I have is WOZ and I tried those keys to see if they got switched but those only unlock WOZ. Any suggestions ?

The Dialed In backbox lock is SUPER TIGHT for some reason. If you loosen the screws holding the lock, you should be able to turn the key. Once you get it open, you can bend the lock blade to make the backbox open normally. No idea why they're not doing this at the factory - yours is not an isolated case, we had the same issue with one of the first ones off the line last May, and others have complained about it, too.

#3289 31 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

The Dialed In backbox lock is SUPER TIGHT for some reason. If you loosen the screws holding the lock, you should be able to turn the key. Once you get it open, you can bend the lock blade to make the backbox open normally. No idea why they're not doing this at the factory - yours is not an isolated case, we had the same issue with one of the first ones off the line last May, and others have complained about it, too.

Yep, same with mine

#3290 31 days ago
Quoted from Grateful_Pin:

Curious as to what your manufacture date is? Many of us had this issue, my game is from July, but I thought this had been addressed. You’ll need a security torx bit to loosen the lock, available at most hardware stores.

#3291 31 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Curious as to what your manufacture date is? Many of us had this issue, my game is from July, but I thought this had been addressed. You’ll need a security torx bit to loosen the lock, available at most hardware stores.

Mine has a “born on” date of Jan 30th, 2018

#3292 31 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Mine has a “born on” date of Jan 30th, 2018

Clearly it's still an issue, which is weird 9 months after they found out about it, and it being easy to correct at the factory.

#3293 31 days ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Topper on the game. The standard has the cutout for the flasher. The others will not.

Hey Mezel Mods,you know it would be cool if you could rotate the center on multiball

#3294 31 days ago

Hey all..Trying to install mirror blades but having an issue with the bolts attaching the back box supports. Is there a proper way to twist or amount of pressure to get them loose?

Also, I cannot get my Bluetooth connected. Anyone have a pic of the dongle and where it is attached so I can see if I ever had it installed?

#3295 31 days ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Hey all..Trying to install mirror blades but having an issue with the bolts attaching the back box supports. Is there a proper way to twist or amount of pressure to get them loose?

Lots of torque. Mine were very tight and I had to upgrade my hex tool to have enough grip/torque.

#3296 31 days ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Also, I cannot get my Bluetooth connected. Anyone have a pic of the dongle and where it is attached so I can see if I ever had it installed?

DI dongle
Hope this helps you.

IMG_2164 (resized).JPG

#3297 31 days ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Anyone have a pic of the dongle and where it is attached ...

Remember the location for updates.

#3298 31 days ago

Anyone know when the next code update will drop? Any details as to new modes or changes? Code is good as is but just curious what’s to come?

#3299 31 days ago
Quoted from venom112:

Anyone know when the next code update will drop? Any details as to new modes or changes? Code is good as is but just curious what’s to come?

At the very least animation on a lot of the scenes on the phone is still coming. Ted (pretty sure it was Ted...) said it was on the list.

#3300 30 days ago

My Bluetooth dongle seems to stop working frequently and my phone won't connect. Could I just swap the dongle with another or does it have to be a specific make/model?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 21.00
8,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, MA
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, NE
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 3666 posts in topic. You are on page 66 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside