IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 273.
#3101 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I've had my DILE since last July. As of today when QED is all the way to the right, it is now blocking the ball on the wireform ramp. Anyone know what the solution is?

Make sure your lightning bolt hadn't slipped in his hands and/or come off and been reinstalled backwards? It only goes on one way where it doesn't block the wireform that crosses the PF.

If that's not it, a pic would be helpful.

#3102 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Make sure your lightning bolt hadn't slipped in his hands and/or come off and been reinstalled backwards? It only goes on one way where it doesn't block the wireform that crosses the PF.
If that's not it, a pic would be helpful.

I should have posted a pic in the first place. Here is what I have going on.

QED (resized).jpgQED (resized).jpg

#3103 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

A> Is your target red with a blue sticker on it?! That's weird.
B> Did your QED guy get bent forward on his stand? It seems like it's forward a bit, which is why the bolt is going over the track instead of under if he were leaning a little further back.

#3104 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I've had my DILE since last July. As of today when QED is all the way to the right, it is now blocking the ball on the wireform ramp. Anyone know what the solution is?

Make sure the plastic piece blocking the ball is installed with the correct orientation (with the short side on the right, next to the wireform).

Even when it's installed correctly, it's really close to blocking the ball. IIRC, I had to fiddle with it or the wireform to avoid blocking the ball.

snaroff

#3105 6 years ago

Just played some Dialed in for the first time at the Arcade Expo and i must say you guys made a great choice Its a awsome fun game

#3106 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A> Is your target red with a blue sticker on it?! That's weird.
B> Did your QED guy get bent forward on his stand? It seems like it's forward a bit, which is why the bolt is going over the track instead of under if he were leaning a little further back.

Ahh...now I remember. QED guy was loose and leaning forward. When I tightened him up it provided enough clearance.

snaroff

#3107 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Anyone know what the solution is?

That lightening bolt shift into a different position ?

LTG : )

#3108 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Ahh...now I remember. QED guy was loose and leaning forward. When I tightened him up it provided enough clearance.
snaroff

That's what it looks like is happening here...

But that blue sticker on a red target is something I haven't seen on other Dialed Ins...

#3109 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Looks like he mounted too low

#3110 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's what it looks like is happening here...
But that blue sticker on a red target is something I haven't seen on other Dialed Ins...

I will check to see if QED is leaning forward. i didnt notice it leaning while playing. As far as the blue sticker goes, I have one of the first 100 machines off the line. Apparently other people had it too, but it seems it was discontinued.

#3111 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I will check to see if QED is leaning forward. i didnt notice it leaning while playing. As far as the blue sticker goes, I have one of the first 100 machines off the line. Apparently other people had it too, but it seems it was discontinued.

We have one of the first 20 off the line with a mid-may build date and ours is blue (no sticker)...

#3112 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We have one of the first 20 off the line with a mid-may build date and ours is blue (no sticker)...

lol, well I guess it's a mystery! But, I do remember seeing other people in one of the Dialed In threads talking about the blue sticker.

#3113 6 years ago

I checked to see if the QED is leaning forward. The figure itself is not leaning off of the mechanism. But the entire mechanism does seem to wobble back and forth in the slot of the track if manually moved back and forth. If left to gravity it seems to ride the bottom of the slot. Perhaps that is my issue?

#3114 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I checked to see if the QED is leaning forward. The figure itself is not leaning off of the mechanism. But the entire mechanism does seem to wobble back and forth in the slot of the track if manually moved back and forth. If left to gravity it seems to ride the bottom of the slot. Perhaps that is my issue?

Sounds like it. Look underneath to ensure that everything is tightly fastened.

#3115 6 years ago

I had a weird one happen tonight. The spring steel flap on the “Bob” trap door (under Station on the playfield) snapped in two. Can’t figure out how THAT happened unless it was hit really hard while partially open, perhaps during a multiball.
Has anyone else had this happen? Anyway I’ll call JJP on Monday. They’ve always been great about supporting my pins.

C447896F-AC22-4C19-AD43-CC7CAF1AE73B (resized).jpegC447896F-AC22-4C19-AD43-CC7CAF1AE73B (resized).jpeg

ED99BD84-DF10-44F9-B343-509B37A099CD (resized).jpegED99BD84-DF10-44F9-B343-509B37A099CD (resized).jpeg

#3116 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I had a weird one happen tonight. The spring steel flap on the “Bob” trap door (under Station on the playfield) snapped in two. Can’t figure out how THAT happened unless it was hit really hard while partially open, perhaps during a multiball.
Has anyone else had this happen? Anyway I’ll call JJP on Monday. They’ve always been great about supporting my pins.

That's the secret "Crazy Flaps" mode.

#3117 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

They are also shipping cliffies to all owners free of charge for the phone and sim scoop.

Even if you originally got the thick JJP protectors?

#3118 6 years ago

Was getting some erratic behavior with my phone scoop kick out. Speed and direction were very inconsistent and about 1 out of 10 times it would send it sdtm. I changed the kick out setting to 18 from 20, which is supposed to be softer, but the ball actually shoots out faster. This solved the problem as the kick out is now very consistent to the right flipper. Thought I’d post in case anyone else is experiencing a similar issue. Nothing worse than starting a mode and having it kick down the middle. In the next code update, they might want to consider activating ball save for a second or two when scoop coil is fired. I think GB does this.

#3119 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I had this happen also. Not sure how or why, but JJP sent a new one right away. They will send you the whole trap door, not just the flap steel.

#3120 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I have the lawor thick prrotectors on my game, i just called and jjp sent me out the new ones free of charge

#3121 6 years ago

Another update would be nice about now to fill in all those missing animations.

#3122 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Another update would be nice about now to fill in all those missing animations.

I was wondering about this, too. Is there any confirmation that the animations will be added at some point?

#3123 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I was wondering about this, too. Is there any confirmation that the animations will be added at some point?

Yes, those were confirmed to still be on the "to do" list.

#3124 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, those were confirmed to still be on the "to do" list.

Is there anything else on the to do list? where is the list?

#3125 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is there anything else on the to do list? where is the list?

I was curating a list, but someone else started one for 1.50 so I didn't update it. The original list is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-113-bugs-and-features

#3126 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just go to the JJP site and open a case. New protectors for DI is an option.

#3127 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Just go to the Japan site and open a case. New protectors for DI is an option.

The Japan site?

#3128 6 years ago

Probably meant JJP site. I'll bet auto correct got him.

#3129 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Probably meant JJP site. I'll bet auto correct got him.

Aaaaaahh....

#3130 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Same thing happened to me, Call JJP for the replacement. They will send you the new trap door, but you will have to remove the hinge from the old door and attach it to the new one. ** It was a pain in the ass to put it in **

#3131 6 years ago

About to be a member!! Paid last night, hopefully wire clears today. Have to make some space!

#3132 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Same thing happened to me, Call JJP for the replacement. They will send you the new trap door, but you will have to remove the hinge from the old door and attach it to the new one. ** It was a pain in the ass to put it in **

This has happened to me twice! I just replaced it a few weeks ago and it’s happened again. The spring steel just snaps. Once the steel lodged in the subway and caused crazy opto issues. I was wondering if it had to do with the pf protector? Do other steel snappers have that? Maybe it raises the flap too high or something? It looks fine... That mech is the worst to service. Grease and all.

#3133 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I haven’t seen any documentation of the problem I encountered with, and solution to, lightning bolt hang ups so I’ll post here. As the previous poster hinted at the figure can lean forward loosely on the track. To clear the ball hangups I had to:

-Remove motor mech area backplate and tighten nylock nuts on the bottom of the figure’s mounting area on the track.
-Tighten security/star screws (why oh why security screws in this one place?) in the back of the figure holding the bolt
-Move wireform to right side of pf using mounting bolts on slingshot and right side rail
-Tip: Carefully place bolt in hands at the worst possible angle to test ball traps, leaning it forward, then you’ll know it will never hang up

#3134 6 years ago

What are the tricks to aligning flippers perfectly in DI? Without guide holes in the pf I’ve been using trial and error, it’s not ideal and I’ve never got the feel perfect after several rebuilds (popular location machine).

#3135 6 years ago

Straightedge against the inlane.

#3136 6 years ago

Anyone have a foolproof way to get service from JJP? My sound started randomly cutting out a few weeks back. I contacted support and Frank responded within 24 hours to check the front headphone jack connection. Long story short, narrowed it down to the little board that drives the front headphone connector...

There's a cable that connects to it (similar to front audio panel connector on a PC). Disconnecting this fixed the issue which means it had an intermittent connection. Well...I unplug the cable and take a look at the connector....all the pins are oxidized/rusted out! The two screws that hold it to the cabinet are all rusty. WTF? How this got through QC is anyone's guess. But I responded to Frank letting him know what I found and asked for a replacement since this was a very obvious oversight and should not have been put in the machine. A week later and two follow-ups, crickets.

#3137 6 years ago

I would just add more to the ticket. They were always good getting back to me so maybe they just missed it?

#3138 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Anyone have a foolproof way to get service from JJP? My sound started randomly cutting out a few weeks back. I contacted support and Frank responded within 24 hours to check the front headphone jack connection. Long story short, narrowed it down to the little board that drives the front headphone connector...
There's a cable that connects to it (similar to front audio panel connector on a PC). Disconnecting this fixed the issue which means it had an intermittent connection. Well...I unplug the cable and take a look at the connector....all the pins are oxidized/rusted out! The two screws that hold it to the cabinet are all rusty. WTF? How this got through QC is anyone's guess. But I responded to Frank letting him know what I found and asked for a replacement since this was a very obvious oversight and should not have been put in the machine. A week later and two follow-ups, crickets.

If you haven't already, I would also be tempted to call the support number. While I've never had to call, I've seen many people say that calling it one of the best ways to get things moving.

#3139 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I would just add more to the ticket. They were always good getting back to me so maybe they just missed it?

It's tough for me to call them during business hours as I'm on the road often and don't have my info on hand. Was hoping a ticket would be good enough. Their ticket system is a whole different matter...terrible interface, only respond button also closes the ticket. So I've been responding to his email which also goes to the ticket. They are getting the responses because they show in the ticket....

This has been my experience all of the 4 times I've contacted JJP support. Immediate response to check the obvious stuff and then if that doesn't work and it might lead to a [gasp!] warranty replacement, they vanish. If something might cost them money, they hide apparently. Well it certainly will cost them money. How much will POTC sell for? $9k?

Thanks guys, I'll try to find some time to call.

#3140 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

It's tough for me to call them during business hours as I'm on the road often and don't have my info on hand. Was hoping a ticket would be good enough. Their ticket system is a whole different matter...terrible interface, only respond button also closes the ticket. So I've been responding to his email which also goes to the ticket. They are getting the responses because they show in the ticket....
This has been my experience all of the 4 times I've contacted JJP support. Immediate response to check the obvious stuff and then if that doesn't work and it might lead to a [gasp!] warranty replacement, they vanish. If something might cost them money, they hide apparently. Well it certainly will cost them money. How much will POTC sell for? $9k?

I've noticed that support can sometimes be sketchy around pinball shows. Preparation for The Texas Pinball show might be distracting some of the staff?

Email has worked best for me, though the response times are somewhat random in general. Overall, they've taken good care of me...

snaroff

#3141 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

The service has been perfect for me, recently. Including getting warranty replacement parts.

You absolutely have to call. It's far too difficult to debug this stuff over email.

#3142 6 years ago

Can someone give me a quick tutorial on how the skill shot bonuses work? Big points is obvious. But was does "holding spider value x" or "Bonus X" do?

#3143 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Yes, good call. For DI, the Cliffy's are free so that's an incentive to go that route. But it really took an hour to install? I thought the Mantis would be more difficult because you have to remove the phone scoop under the playfield, but it only took 10 mins. What do you have to remove to install the phone Cliffy?

How flush wit the PF should the right edge be? Mine seemed to be above it and interacted with the ball

#3144 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Can someone give me a quick tutorial on how the skill shot bonuses work? Big points is obvious. But was does "holding spider value x" or "Bonus X" do?

Bonus X is the Bonus multiplier. If you look at the city building with the numbers on it on the backglass screen video, those are the multipliers (2x, 3x, 4x, etc). Getting the skill shot when the Bonus X is lit gives you that, and hitting the side ramp or the SIM hole immediately after gives you the Super Skill shot bonus.

No idea about the Spider, though. That whole part of the game is under-developed, IMO.

#3145 6 years ago

If all goes well (my delivery was moved to tomorrow) - I'll be joining the DI club tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

#3146 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How flush wit the PF should the right edge be? Mine seemed to be above it and interacted with the ball

Did you get one already? Cool. Please def report this to Kerry at Mantis. Should be exactly flush. If you find the back end raises up and isn't flush with the surface, simply bend the mounting tab further down just a tad using plyers and reinstall. This will force the back end down when mounted.

#3147 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Please def report this to Kerry at Mantis.

Yep i did contact him his reply was in the ol junk folder so working on it now; Thanks.

#3148 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Straightedge against the inlane.

This seems a little steep... Should I remove the rubber before doing that?

#3149 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've noticed that support can sometimes be sketchy around pinball shows. Preparation for The Texas Pinball show might be distracting some of the staff?
Email has worked best for me, though the response times are somewhat random in general. Overall, they've taken good care of me...
snaroff

I had an issue first where there emails went directly to my spam, but following that, they have been incredible. Jack himself called me to make sure that I was satisfied with the resolution regarding my pf issues, and some of the other things that were messed up with my machine.

I'll be buying the Toy Story game just based on the service from JJP!

#3150 6 years ago

I wasted weeks on the online form and email, and got instant response by calling. Calling is the way to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.