IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 273.
#2951 6 years ago

I received mine (full set, plus a cool t-shirt) about eight weeks after ordering. I'll wait for a great product. Busy is a good problem, it means he'll keep making them.

#2952 6 years ago

Add me to the list of having a broken trap door. I'm kind of surprised this issue hasn't been taken care of better over past few months. I'm guessing the coil isn't strong enough to pull down the trap door release and it is giving an error.

Think I managed to fix it. Seems like the latch jiggled out of place. Sigh....at least last game I got Grand Champion after I fixed it.

#2953 6 years ago

My only recommendation for people is to fill out the online support form, but then phone. Calling gets you immediate service whereas the online form doesn’t seem to get a response, but at least puts you in the system.

#2954 6 years ago

DI rules sheet (resized).pngDI rules sheet (resized).png

#2955 6 years ago

*squints and nods*

#2956 6 years ago

So what mods have you got on your DI:s? Which ones are a must have and which are not?

Personally I think I like the Station 1/Subway sign mod from Mezelmods the best. The Quantum mechanics sign illumination comes last as it is a bit too bright.

20180120_213548.jpg20180120_213548.jpg

#2957 6 years ago

Dont need any mods imo.... very well done pin that is loaded with great stuff.

#2958 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Big thanks to Back Alley Matt for making my CE complete in my mind! Coin door powdercoat completed Love it!!!

Mad Respect!

That shit is sick!!!

#2959 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dont need any mods imo.... very well done pin that is loaded with great stuff.

I agree,but I,m still watching for a nice topper.Did Mezel ever show a completed DI topper?

#2960 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

so he is still around 4 weeks. He is so busy. I actually emailed him to place a order and never heard back from him.

I have emailed him twice and haven’t heard back. He must not like me.

#2961 6 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Mad Respect!
That shit is sick!!!

Thanks!!

#2962 6 years ago

*** Head Removal on DI: Has Anyone Attempted? ***

Hi.

I'm not presently a DI owner, but I would love to find a HUO example.

I wonder if any of you have ever taken the head entirely off the cabinet for the purpose of load in/out.

I have to get down a steep/windy stair case on the load in and it's really only possible if the head and cabinet go down separately. I did this with my last pin - a Stern SAM - and it was no big deal.

I realize there is a relatively large monitor in the head, but my hope was that the boards are surprisingly small and the connectors not so numerous as to make separation a dangerous challenge.

Truthfully - and perhaps sadly - whether or not I buy this title will depend on this very thing, as I'm not about to rebuild my stairwell to accommodate a folded pin.

Any insight/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#2963 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

but my hope was that the boards are surprisingly small and the connectors not so numerous

Download the manual and figure it out.

LTG : )

#2964 6 years ago

Thanks!

I can't comment on removing the head, however I can comment on the weight. It's HEAVY. When mine was delivered, my pin mover had a very fancy electric hand truck that was capable for handling 600lb. loads. Unfortunately, it wasn't possible given the circular staircase. Star Wars made it up (~250lbs?), but DI didn't (>350lbs?). The extra 100 lbs. was just too much for the operator of the electric hand truck.

I guess my point is don't assume it's a no-brainer even if the head is removed. Would suck to go to all the trouble and then not succeed for other reasons...

snaroff

#2965 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I can't comment on removing the head, however I can comment on the weight. It's HEAVY. <snip>
I guess my point is don't assume it's a no-brainer even if the head is removed. Would suck to go to all the trouble and then not succeed for other reasons...
snaroff

Thanks, Snaroff, for your input. Thanks, too, to Lloyd for his suggestion that I download the manual.

Moving an extra-heavy cabinet down a stair well will be a bear, for sure, but Jack himself mentions in his unboxing YouTube clip that the head is unusually heavy. So, if I can safely take the head off, perhaps the cabinet will weigh only slightly more than a Stern cabinet.

It's a daunting project, but hopefully I can learn more from manual. I'll look at JJP's site for that now.

Jason

#2966 6 years ago

*** Standard DI Owners: Do You Covet the "Premium Clear Coated Playfield" on the LE/CE? ***

I'm looking at the features that distinguish the models - Standard, LE, and CE.

Like so many others, I'm hoping to accept the sparseness of the Standard so that I might save some money, etc.

I can live without the Invisiglass, the LED's on the left ramp, and even the powder-coated armor, but the feature that seems essential is the "Premium Clear-Coated Playfield." I assume this feature is simply more coats of polyurethane, or am I mistaken?

To all you Standard owners out there: Do you find your PF lacking in terms of the layer of protection provided by the clear coat? Do you covet the "premium" clear coat on your friend's LE?

Thanks.

Jason

#2967 6 years ago

*** Standard DI Owners: Do You Covet the "Premium Clear Coated Playfield" on the LE/CE? ***
Like so many others, I'm hoping to accept the sparseness of the Standard so that I might save some money, etc.
I can live without the Invisiglass, the LED's on the left ramp, and even the powder-coated armor, but the feature that seems essential is the "Premium Clear-Coated Playfield." I assume this feature is simply more coats of polyurethane, or am I mistaken?
To all you Standard owners out there: Do you find your PF lacking in terms of the layer of protection provided by the clear coat? Do you covet the "premium" clear coat on your friend's LE?
Thanks.
Jason

I own a Standard and love it. I'm not sure if my clear coat is inferior to the LE and CE, but it's holding up fine. I added a different shooter rod, three of Mezelmods' mods, and Cliffy protectors. Looks and plays great. The Mezelmods add light to certain areas. I am glad with my decision to get one.

I can always save up and change the armor later, if I want. And it doesn't have to be blue or purple either. Maybe chrome or something wild.

I don't think there's a wrong choice among the models.

Good luck with whatever you decide. My son and I really dig this game.

#2968 6 years ago

Thanks.
Jason

Standards are perfectly fine if u dont care about the upgrades

#2969 6 years ago
Quoted from chill:

I own a Standard and love it. I'm not sure if my clear coat is inferior to the LE and CE, but it's holding up fine. I added a different shooter rod, three of Mezelmods' mods, and Cliffy protectors. Looks and plays great. The Mezelmods add light to certain areas. I am glad with my decision to get one.
I can always save up and change the armor later, if I want. And it doesn't have to be blue or purple either. Maybe chrome or something wild.
I don't think there's a wrong choice among the models.
Good luck with whatever you decide. My son and I really dig this game.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Standards are perfectly fine if u dont care about the upgrades

Thank you, Big D and Chill, for your responses. It sounds like the "Premium-Coated" PF may be hard to detect, and that the standard PF doesn't wear particularly fast and is likely fine for thousands of plays. My hope is that even the standard PF is harder than those of Stern, which dimple so reliably.

If I contact JJP and get a real answer on that, I'll be sure to share it here.

Jason

#2970 6 years ago

Thank you, Big D and Chill, for your responses. It sounds like the "Premium-Coated" PF may be hard to detect, and that the standard PF doesn't wear particularly fast and is likely fine for thousands of plays. My hope is that even the standard PF is harder than those of Stern, which dimple so reliably.
If I contact JJP and get a real answer on that, I'll be sure to share it here.
Jason

I wld almost bet that all the playfields between the model's are made the same. I cant see them changing anything as it wld add cost and time to separate them.

#2971 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I wld almost bet that all the playfields between the model's are made the same. I cant see them changing anything as it wld add cost and time to separate them.

I agree. Haven't seen any evidence that there's a difference. Did some research before buying my standard.

#2972 6 years ago

Hi.
I'm not presently a DI owner, but I would love to find a HUO example.
I wonder if any of you have ever taken the head entirely off the cabinet for the purpose of load in/out.
I have to get down a steep/windy stair case on the load in and it's really only possible if the head and cabinet go down separately. I did this with my last pin - a Stern SAM - and it was no big deal.
I realize there is a relatively large monitor in the head, but my hope was that the boards are surprisingly small and the connectors not so numerous as to make separation a dangerous challenge.
Truthfully - and perhaps sadly - whether or not I buy this title will depend on this very thing, as I'm not about to rebuild my stairwell to accommodate a folded pin.
Thanks!

Yes, I have to put the pins in three pieces, when carrying them downstairs, so I removed also the DI's head. It's certainly doable, but there were quite a lot of connectors. Started to remind a WPC95-machine. In any case, one evening went to the exercise, just label every wire, so you should do ok with it.

#2973 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Yes, I have to put the pins in three pieces, when carrying them downstairs, so I removed also the DI's head. It's certainly doable, but there were quite a lot of connectors. Started to remind a WPC95-machine. In any case, one evening went to the exercise, just label every wire, so you should do ok with it.

Wow!

You've been busy, Nepi, taking all these pins apart! Good for you.

It sounds like DI's wiring/connectors from head to cabinet are perhaps busier and more numerous than those of a Stern SAM. Still, I'm going to take your encouragement, arm myself with a camera to take lots of pictures and markers to label connectors and just go for it.

Kiitos for your reply to my post.

Jason

#2974 6 years ago

Bug or switch matrix issue:

During the high score name input screen, my start button to accept the character is unresponsive until all the balls are in the trough.

#2975 6 years ago

Completed Armageddon for the third time tonight. What a blast!

#2976 6 years ago

I took the head off of mine to move it as well. Intimidating if you've never worked on a pin before, but very similar to doing the same thing for a Bally/Williams game. I took a bunch of pictures and used a sharpie on the connectors to make sure every connector had a number going with it. Probably 45 minutes to take it apart and another 45 minutes to put it back together.

You will need a second person to help get the backbox reattached... the head is quite heavy.

#2977 6 years ago

Dialed in Owners ???
I'm about to order a DI LE, just met a guy who bought and sold ? He claims he couldn't figure out the game ? Destroy the city or save the city ? Everyone else I talk to really likes the game ??
Thanks

#2978 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Dialed in Owners ???
I'm about to order a DI LE, just met a guy who bought and sold ? He claims he couldn't figure out the game ? Destroy the city or save the city ? Everyone else I talk to really likes the game ??
Thanks

It’s not hard to figure out. Hit qed guy, hit the scoop, start a mode. Do that 11 times, get to chaos. Finish a mode, light SIM card, shoot SIM card, light a letter. Light all the letters, get to Armageddon or showdown, never got there so not sure. In between that there are multiballs to get and bob target modes. Hit bob targets, shoot the trap door and start another mode. It’s not difficult really.

#2979 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I'm about to order a DI LE, just met a guy who bought and sold ? He claims he couldn't figure out the game ? Destroy the city or save the city ?

This person is not very bright at all; Pretty standard mode based game.

#2980 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Destroy the city or save the city ?

Relax... It's your basic

Boy meets phone
Boy gets phone
Phone destroys city

one disaster at a time, story.

"I've got a new phone, it's better than yours"
ddt

#2981 6 years ago

Put my order in , was going to sell my TZ, but having that, AF,FH together I cant break em up
Cliffys ? Anything I should look for or do before set up is appreciated.
Back in the day we just put legs on and played em !

#2982 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Put my order in , was going to sell my TZ, but having that, AF,FH together I cant break em up

Heard the new ones ship with cliffys but you might want to ask to make certain.

#2983 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Dialed in Owners ???
Thanks

Take a look at papa.org or buffalo pinball on twitch, I know they have a couple of videos playing di recently.

#2984 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Absolutely fantastic game you are going to love it. It does appear they are now shipping with a cliffy on both scoops so you should be hood there

#2985 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Dialed in Owners ???
Thanks

Nothing hard about the game concept. Start modes, finish modes, collect letters, battle for the world.

#2986 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Heard the new ones ship with cliffys but you might want to ask to make certain.

It would be nice if JJP would actually advertise that they're shipping with real cliffies now (as Cliff confirmed they are once that recent pic with them was posted). Why waste that goodwill?

#2987 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

i would suggest putting cliffys on those inlane switch slots, for sure.

#2988 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It would be nice if JJP would actually advertise that they're shipping with real cliffies now (as Cliff confirmed they are once that recent pic with them was posted). Why waste that goodwill?

Probably because some distributors might still have NIB with the old JJP cliffys and are avoiding that controversy if they say that they are now new and improved.

#2989 6 years ago

Looks like the online manual was recently updated. Hopefully code update will follow.

#2990 6 years ago

The new protectors jjp sent me look and feel like real cliffys and work very well.

#2991 6 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Looks like the online manual was recently updated. Hopefully code update will follow.

Are there going to be more code updates? The game seems pretty "done" to me.

#2992 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Are there going to be more code updates? The game seems pretty "done" to me.

Yes. There's still a lot of animation missing from the phone mode start and end characters.

#2993 6 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

I wonder if this means a printed manual is coming soon

#2994 6 years ago

FACT: Tony Pepperoni might be a pizza delivery guy, but he knows an EMP strike when he sees it!!!!

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 9.12.16 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-02-23 at 9.12.16 AM (resized).png

#2995 6 years ago

Hey........been meaning to ask. Anyone else ever noticed this little 'easter egg'?

If you look closely at the bottom of the phone's plastic case, you'll notice a small circle with the JJP logo 'stamped' into the plastic, right in the spot where an iPhone's Home button would be.

Nice touch! Barely noticeable. Can't see it on the picture, but take a close look at your machine. It's there!

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 9.22.00 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-02-23 at 9.22.00 AM (resized).png

#2996 6 years ago

Can the sim card opportunity be rolled over to the next ball?

#2997 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

In settings you can make it happen

#2998 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

In settings you can make it happen

I looked but it looks like other things need to be changed as well if I want to do that. Is that true?

#2999 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Yes, turn SIM memory ON in menu.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/60?hl=insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.