IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 273.
#2901 6 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’m having a lot of trouble with my theatre magnet. I’m getting it to work in the test at -83. Will not work at any other setting. Then it doesn’t work during the game at all.
Am I missing something some where? Arghhh! It’s doing my head in.

Try -120. Every pin is different, and some take a much higher number. Also, what's the pitch on your machine?

#2902 6 years ago

I don't think so. I have a game manufactured in the middle of January, picked up a week ago. I contacted Cliffy a week ago for a set for DI. If they were his installed from the factory, he would have said. I have no doubt that actual Cliffy's are a worth while upgrade, I'm just glad there are protectors so I can play while I wait for his backlog.

Besides, from experience, the protectors on the game are too thick. He uses stuff much thinner, and they work very well.

Just don't wait to contact him, I think he's 4-6 weeks out right now.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure they're using actual cliffies from the factory now, which is AWESOME.

#2903 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don't think so. I have a game manufactured in the middle of January, picked up a week ago. I contacted Cliffy a week ago for a set for DI. If they were his installed from the factory, he would have said. I have no doubt that actual Cliffy's are a worth while upgrade, I'm just glad there are protectors so I can play while I wait for his backlog.
Besides, from experience, the protectors on the game are too thick. He uses stuff much thinner, and they work very well.

The changeover seems to have happened after you got yours, in only the last week or so, with a build date of 30th Jan. The one in the pictures posted in the other thread are definitely cliffies (or an exact knockoff) from the factory now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/32#post-4218215

#2905 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's a beta link.

Oops! Not anymore.

#2906 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The changeover seems to have happened after you got yours, in only the last week or so, with a build date of 30th Jan. The one in the pictures posted in the other thread are definitely cliffies (or an exact knockoff) from the factory now.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/32#post-4218215

From my understanding, JJP purchased all the equipment to make their own parts including cliffies and ramps and stuff. They could have just redesigned theirs and made a better version.

#2907 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

From my understanding, JJP purchased all the equipment to make their own parts including cliffies and ramps and stuff. They could have just redesigned theirs and made a better version.

It should be clear from the abortions that JJP engineered first that not just anyone can make a protector that works well. The CAD program, tooling, and everything else are nothing without specific know-how and experience. Cliffy has that in spades.

I checked with Cliffy today. The ones on the Dialed In made on the 30th that shipped from the factory with Cliffy-like protectors are actually real Cliffys. He wasn't sure when they were going to be on the Dialed In machines leaving the factory so he couldn't say anything until they showed up in the wild. I'm 100% thrilled that JJP is working with Cliffy now to ship their machines with his awesome protectors!

Credit where credit is due, JJP is the first manufacturer to come through and realize shipping with actual cliffys is the pro-customer way to go. I'm just surprised JJP isn't advertising the fact that Dialed In has them now. It's a real PLUS for them, IMO, and a post-purchase cost-savings for the customers who won't have to buy them.

BRAVO, JACK! It took a while, but you finally got this right! Keep it up!

#2908 6 years ago

I have contacted cliffy twice in the last week to get at least the SIM card protector but haven’t heard back. I guess he is really backed up and may become moreso if JJP is using Cliffys on new productions. It’s a bummer that mine was just a month or so away from getting the Cliffys.

#2909 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It should be clear from the abortions that JJP engineered first that not just anyone can make a protector that works well. The CAD program, tooling, and everything else are nothing without specific know-how and experience. Cliffy has that in spades.
I checked with Cliffy today. The ones on the Dialed In made on the 30th that shipped from the factory with Cliffy-like protectors are actually real Cliffys. He wasn't sure when they were going to be on the Dialed In machines leaving the factory so he couldn't say anything until they showed up in the wild. I'm 100% thrilled that JJP is working with Cliffy now to ship their machines with his awesome protectors!
Credit where credit is due, JJP is the first manufacturer to come through and realize shipping with actual cliffys is the pro-customer way to go. I'm just surprised JJP isn't advertising the fact that Dialed In has them now. It's a real PLUS for them, IMO, and a post-purchase cost-savings for the customers who won't have to buy them.

I wish I could upvote this more than 1x

#2910 6 years ago

Really smart to work with Cliffy! The licensing of Williams parts is the best thing about JJP for me as an op.

They are like the Borg of pinball.

#2911 6 years ago

Glad that JJP is now using real Cliffys, but annoyed that I paid for a set of them out of pocket.

#2912 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

All manufacturers should learn from this. The only problem is cliffy will be so busy it will be very hard and a very long wait to get his products now. I was actually disappointed my AFMrle did not come with cliffies on known problem areas. Hopefully they learn and add on next remakes.

#2913 6 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I have contacted cliffy twice in the last week to get at least the SIM card protector but haven’t heard back. I guess he is really backed up and may become moreso if JJP is using Cliffys on new productions. It’s a bummer that mine was just a month or so away from getting the Cliffys.

Wonder if JJP would send you a set? It would be worth a call.

#2914 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Glad that JJP is now using real Cliffys, but annoyed that I paid for a set of them out of pocket.

Completely agree.

#2915 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

All manufacturers should learn from this. The only problem is cliffy will be so busy it will be very hard and a very long wait to get his products now. I was actually disappointed my AFMrle did not come with cliffies on known problem areas. Hopefully they learn and add on next remakes.

It seems like he's working with a fabricator now or something to speed things up. Hopefully that will smooth things out once he gets all the kinks in that new process worked through.

#2916 6 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-cliffy-scoop-protectors

#2917 6 years ago

Hello,

are the new Style protectors from 30 January the built-in and before that the old thick ?
The rubbers were also changed or ?
Best regards

#2918 6 years ago

I'm trying to fine tune my game, and wanted to ask you guys a couple of questions:

1) Does it seem about normal to have the drone magnets spit the ball directly into the left outlane at least once every game or two. I can be having the most awful or most awesome game, and I'm bound to lose one ball in a game to the drone magnet.

2) Similarly, I lose about one ball every game to the ball bouncing off the left slingshot and quickly shooting directly into the right outlane. On all my other games, I lose a ball to the slingshots every 2-3 games probably, and I also have a bit of a chance to nudge the ball out. With DI, the ball fires almost perfectly right into the outlane, and you have zero opportunity to save it.

Input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#2919 6 years ago

Have to watch my QED guy. I think the lightning bolts above his head scratched my glass a little

#2920 6 years ago

Damien, increase or decrease your slingshot power in the coil settings menu. You should be able to reduce or get rid of that.

As for drone magnet chucking to the left outlane, it happens to me but maybe less frequently. I’m usually nudging the play field a bit anytime the ball is in the drone zone which might help too.

#2921 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Damien, increase or decrease your slingshot power in the coil settings menu. You should be able to reduce or get rid of that.
As for drone magnet chucking to the left outlane, it happens to me but maybe less frequently. I’m usually nudging the play field a bit anytime the ball is in the drone zone which might help too.

Yeah, I nudge oike crazy, but when the magnet spits it to the left it likely a drain. I've even tried adjusting the position of the magnet slightly, but not really any improvement.

When I watch videos on YouTube, the magnet seems to spit more upwards than sideways.

Can magnet strength be adjusted like the slings?

And does anyone have a suggested sling strength?

#2922 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm trying to fine tune my game, and wanted to ask you guys a couple of questions:
1) Does it seem about normal to have the drone magnets spit the ball directly into the left outlane at least once every game or two. I can be having the most awful or most awesome game, and I'm bound to lose one ball in a game to the drone magnet.
2) Similarly, I lose about one ball every game to the ball bouncing off the left slingshot and quickly shooting directly into the right outlane. On all my other games, I lose a ball to the slingshots every 2-3 games probably, and I also have a bit of a chance to nudge the ball out. With DI, the ball fires almost perfectly right into the outlane, and you have zero opportunity to save it.
Input would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Never had #1 happen. Occasionally have #2 happen if I fail to nudge well.

#2923 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Have to watch my QED guy. I think the lightning bolts above his head scratched my glass a little

Mine touched the glass too. The plastic doesn’t scratch the glass, it leaves trails. I used hot glue to attach mine to Bob’s hands and lean it back so it doesn’t touch the glass.

#2924 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Never had #1 happen. Occasionally have #2 happen if I fail to nudge well.

Yeah, it's definitely a joy kill. Hard to play when you have a high chance of the game draining at least one ball per game where you have zero chance of saving it.

Does anyone know if I can rotate the magnet, or do something so it changes the direction that it tosses the ball? If so, I'll just take the assembly apart, rotate the magnet, and put it back in.

Thanks!

#2925 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yeah, it's definitely a joy kill. Hard to play when you have a high chance of the game draining at least one ball per game where you have zero chance of saving it.
Does anyone know if I can rotate the magnet, or do something so it changes the direction that it tosses the ball? If so, I'll just take the assembly apart, rotate the magnet, and put it back in.
Thanks!

Rotation shouldn't make a difference because where the ball is in relation to the magnet post when it energizes dictates how the ball will be thrown. Do you have the magnets set to the "active" setting? Maybe the lower setting would make this happen less for you.

#2926 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Rotation shouldn't make a difference because where the ball is in relation to the magnet post when it energizes dictates how the ball will be thrown. Do you have the magnets set to the "active" setting? Maybe the lower setting would make this happen less for you.

Everything is at default except SIM memory is on. I'll give it a try. Thanks

#2927 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

It doesn't look like JJP is shipping Dialed In with ALL the Cliffies, just the phone and sim hole ones, so you're still ahead of the game for the shooter lane, rollovers, etc that came in the sets you bought from Cliff directly.

#2928 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Everything is at default except SIM memory is on. I'll give it a try. Thanks

Just change the setting from whatever it is now to the opposite and see if that helps your situation.

#2929 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I’m finally and officially in!!

Why is Dialed in all Purple?

#2930 6 years ago

Glad to hear Cliff worked something out with JJP.

I would still definitely recommend investing in a set of Cliffy SWITCH SLOT PROTECTORS though. On my first DILE (long story), the inlane return switch slots (ESPECIALLY the right one, which got hammered repeatedly because the full plunge on DI is soooo satisfying!!!) started to show damage from ball drops after only 100-ish games.

Also...for anyone who has bounce-backs or bounce-outs at the left ramp exit.....have JJP send you the free plastic guard. Totally fixed my issues, and it really isn't too noticeable. I don't get quite HOW it prevents the bounce-backs (as opposed to how it fixes bounce-outs, which is obvious), but IT DID.

#2931 6 years ago

Is there an answer to which mirror blades work best for dialed in? Someone mentioned they received theirs from cointaker but which ones? Guessing Bally/Williams. I noticed PDI has a couple of different options as well.

Anyone have suggestions or thoughts on whats best?

#2932 6 years ago

I bought mine from Pinball Side Mirrors when they were on sale. They make a custom set for Dialed In.

#2933 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

I bought mine from Pinball Side Mirrors when they were on sale. They make a custom set for Dialed In.

Whom I think was recently purchased by cointaker.

#2934 6 years ago

I've had issues with my phone screen since new, with the screen going blank during the middle of the game, and then not coming back until I power the machine off and back on. Also, once in a while, the screen would get garbled, but then come back and work during a game. Yesterday though, it seems my phone screen gave up the ghost - opened a ticket on JJP's site last night and waiting to hear back.

IMG_20180212_171043 (resized).jpgIMG_20180212_171043 (resized).jpg

#2935 6 years ago

I'm thinking about buying this title. This will be my first big pinball purchase.

#2936 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptMonkeyPants:

Yesterday though, it seems my phone screen gave up the ghost

In the backbox on the motherboard. Swap the VGA cables for theater and phone. Then play it. ( phone picture will be in theater and theater picture on phone ). That way you know if it's VGA cable or phone, or motherboard/video card for phone.

LTG : )

#2937 6 years ago

We spend a lot of time posting our issues (I'm guilty of this too) so when there are good things to report, I think it's important we do so. I just wanted to say something again about JJP. As some of you may have read, I had a bunch of issues with my DI, and when I first tried to reach out to support, I did not get a reply. Not their fault, as we had an issue with emails not getting to me, though they were sent.

Once we got that sorted, support was quick and helpful. I even got a personal call from Jack, and he was a true pleasure to deal with. I mentioned to him that I had a friend that was really into pinball who had been going through some difficult issues, and he very thoughtfully sent along a JJP t-shirt (with some parts I needed) to help cheer him up. It's small details and gestures like this, that really set this company apart from the others.

In dealing with Jack, I actually learned a couple of things, and was inspired to rethink the way I run my own company!

Now, does my DI still have some issues? Yes! Do I have full confidence that they will do everything they can to make it right? Yes! Will I likely be buying a future JJP game after this experience? YES!

#2938 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

We spend a lot of time posting our issues (I'm guilty of this too) so when there are good things to report, I think it's important we do so. I just wanted to say something again about JJP. As some of you may have read, I had a bunch of issues with my DI, and when I first tried to reach out to support, I did not get a reply. Not their fault, as we had an issue with emails not getting to me, though they were sent.
Once we got that sorted, support was quick and helpful.

This is why I am hesitant to start blasting on the forums until I have pursued ALL avenues possible to get something resolved. I have had excellent support from JJP as well as Stern. Sometimes things take time to resolved.

#2939 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In the backbox on the motherboard. Swap the VGA cables for theater and phone. Then play it. ( phone picture will be in theater and theater picture on phone ). That way you know if it's VGA cable or phone, or motherboard/video card for phone.

Will do that tonight and report back!

#2940 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

This is why I am hesitant to start blasting on the forums until I have pursued ALL avenues possible to get something resolved. I have had excellent support from JJP as well as Stern. Sometimes things take time to resolved.

But posting publicly is important to identify problems you're having that others are having as well. A number of the operators here were having the WoZ lockup problem that went unfixed for over 2 years. They did the "right" thing and tried to work it out with JJP, who weren't helpful. I posted about rolling back to completely fix the issue (thereby verifying it was software related) and it helped them. They were never given this suggestion by JJP. Sometimes it's not in the interests of the companies to acknowledge a problem publicly. Posting back and forth here is a great way to suss out issues that may end up being wider than one machine, and also, oftentimes, their solutions.

All of that said, positive reinforcement is why I made the "JJP makes the best manuals" thread (because they DO), and why I've congratulated Jack for now shipping Dialed Ins with real Cliffy protectors - the first pinball manufacturer to do so. The "big three" do more right than wrong, so some positivity is required to even out the complaining on the wrong stuff.

#2941 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

and why I've congratulated Jack for now shipping Dialed Ins with real Cliffy protectors - the first pinball manufacturer to do so.

Was is the issue of people copying Cliffy's designs (which I can agree with) you didn't like or just the execution? I've never had any issue with with Stern scoop protectors.

#2942 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Was is the issue of people copying Cliffy's designs (which I can agree with) you didn't like or just the execution? I've never had any issue with with Stern scoop protectors.

Ripping off Cliff is the problem I have with the ones Stern did. Not cool. The protectors they made are okay, but actual Cliffies would be better.

#2943 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ripping off Cliff is the problem I have with the ones Stern did.

Agreed. Before I even got a review of the in house for DI I was still ordering Cliffys

#2944 6 years ago

Big thanks to Back Alley Matt for making my CE complete in my mind! Coin door powdercoat completed Love it!!!

20180213_202719.jpg20180213_202719.jpg

20180213_202730.jpg20180213_202730.jpg

20180213_202757.jpg20180213_202757.jpg

20180213_202812.jpg20180213_202812.jpg

20180213_203015(0).jpg20180213_203015(0).jpg

#2945 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Big thanks to Back Alley Matt for making my CE complete in my mind! Coin door powdercoat completed Love it!!!

Very nice!!!

#2946 6 years ago

Cliffy update - I ordered a set on 12/20/17 and they shipped yesterday.

#2947 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did that and same thing - phone still had a bad display when the theater image was sent to it. JJP support got back to me and are already sending me a replacement phone. It's my second JJP machine, but first time I've needed to use support. Couldn't be happier with the response time and the resolution (hopefully). Kudos to JJP!

#2948 6 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

Cliffy update - I ordered a set on 12/20/17 and they shipped yesterday.

so he is still around 4 weeks. He is so busy. I actually emailed him to place a order and never heard back from him.

#2949 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

so he is still around 4 weeks. He is so busy. I actually emailed him to place a order and never heard back from him.

That's not good. I want to order cliffy's for 3 pins (including DI), but was holding off a bit to let him catch up after the DI cliffy frenzy. I guess I will just get in the queue ...

#2950 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I would email him again. He gets back to me pretty fast even on the weekend. This was just a couple of days ago too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.