Topic Stats

• 9,055 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Mageek
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DI CLIP (resized).jpg
DI1 (resized).jpg
DI2 (resized).jpg
DI4 (resized).jpg
69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg
568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg
diflash (resized).jpg
99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg
di-decals-sample (resized).jpg
decals4 (resized).jpg
decals2 (resized).jpg
decals1 (resized).jpg
decals0 (resized).jpg
E7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpeg
20190828_143115 (resized).jpg
20190814_142930 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 9055 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 182.
#2851 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Just because you have 3 prong outlets doesn't necessarily mean the ground connection is good. It could be a poor ground causing the noise. There are testing tools to check the quality of the wiring job.

I have checked it. And recently redid the house electrical system (all new power boxes, new wire runs). Pretty sure it's good. And my checking was correct.

Anyway - when you call JJP, they tell you it's a known issue. This isn't a "house problem". It's just a problem with how the audio amplifier is implemented in the design. It's not properly isolated, and it needs this filter. JJP has confirmed this much to me.

#2852 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I have checked it. And recently redid the house electrical system (all new power boxes, new wire runs). Pretty sure it's good. And my checking was correct.
Anyway - when you call JJP, they tell you it's a known issue. This isn't a "house problem". It's just a problem with how the audio amplifier is implemented in the design. It's not properly isolated, and it needs this filter. JJP has confirmed this much to me.

But for most people there's no static, so the location wiring has something to do with it. We've never had the problem on any of the JJP machines. We did have popping issues on The Hobbit, but that turned out to be software.

#2853 1 year ago

anyone have issues with trough ejecting balls, I have an idea how to fix just want to check here.

#2854 1 year ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

anyone have issues with trough ejecting balls, I have an idea how to fix just want to check here.

If making the coil stronger or weaker doesn't help, then this :

http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

LTG : )

#2855 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

But for most people there's no static, so the location wiring has something to do with it. We've never had the problem on any of the JJP machines. We did have popping issues on The Hobbit, but that turned out to be software.

Yes just a yield issue. Maybe multiple sources or some other factor. Anyway it’s design related. With an easy $9 fix. So really not a big deal.

I’ve worked on nasty EMI problems in my time, and it’s not the easiest/simplest thing to deal with.

#2856 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

thank you sir, that is exactly what I suspected the problem to be. I didn't want to increase the coil since I figured this was the root cause.

#2857 1 year ago

I’m finally and officially in!!

9FC3E3FA-6B9E-469B-8888-1D3911860E6E (resized).jpeg

#2858 1 year ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Best pins in pinball imo...

#2859 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thanks for this. Just got my game and this has been the only problem I’m having so far.

#2860 1 year ago

Just wanted to confirm that the ground loop isolator above worked perfectly. My game has zero static in the audio now.

#2861 1 year ago

Just thought id throw this out their all my pins get beach towels i place them on the glass for no dust i know a place that i talked into making a dialed inn one

#2862 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Just thought id throw this out their all my pins get beach towels i place them on the glass for no dust i know a place that i talked into making a dialed inn one

How much?

#2863 1 year ago

30 $ US dollars 27 if u buy 2

#2864 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I will take one if you want to do a few extra

#2865 1 year ago

I also take one

#2866 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Best pins in pinball imo...

Yep, only 2 I am currently playing much. A little TWD every now and then.

#2867 1 year ago

Ill post a link later today still working everything out with distributor

#2868 1 year ago

Enjoy your new phone ebay.com link

#2869 1 year ago

If anyone can help much appreciated: game started and read enter test mode, tells me the bob trap door is broken. What is the bob trap door and how do I fix it?

#2870 1 year ago

Great! Now where are the TWD and Star Trek towels?

#2871 1 year ago
Quoted from estrader:

tells me the bob trap door is broken. What is the bob trap door and how do I fix it?

Under station 3 is a trap door that goes up and down. Check the up or down coils in test, and the switch that lets it know if it's up or down. Might be a simple fix.

#2872 1 year ago

I'm considering adding these mirrorblades to my Dialed in: http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/jersey-jack-pinball/dialed-in/mirror-blades-for-jersey-jack-pinball-spiegelblech.html
Have anyone tried these blades? Is it hard to do the install? Guess I have to remove the playfield completely? Is that a hassle to do by yourself?

#2874 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Guess I have to remove the playfield completely?

Doubt that but I have not done it. Didn;t have to on my RBION

#2875 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I'm considering adding these mirrorblades to my Dialed in: http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/jersey-jack-pinball/dialed-in/mirror-blades-for-jersey-jack-pinball-spiegelblech.html
Have anyone tried these blades? Is it hard to do the install? Guess I have to remove the playfield completely? Is that a hassle to do by yourself?

Playfield does not need to be removed to install, they slide in, same way all mirror blades go in. I got mine from cointaker.

#2876 1 year ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Congrats and welcome!!! Those are two really nice pins to have next to each other. Many hours of enjoyment!!

#2877 1 year ago

If you follow the link youll see its 27$ free shipping

#2878 1 year ago

Did they fix the playfield issue? Initially there were reported cases and posted pictures of chipping.

However, have there been any new cases to report?

JJP's attention to customer concerns seems to be awesome!

#2879 1 year ago

Got my SE this week, with a Jan 2018 build date. So far, no problems with the factory protectors, or anything else for that matter. Magnets, trap door, etc all seem great.

#2880 1 year ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Did they fix the playfield issue? Initially there were reported cases and posted pictures of chipping.
However, have there been any new cases to report?
JJP's attention to customer concerns seems to be awesome!

No issue... just sim area edge.... protector now included.

#2881 1 year ago

Not really a problem but an annoyance. Anyway to straighten out a slight misaligned monitor? If you see my pic above the lower left is a little raised and the monitor is not level to the backglass. I expanded the video settings a bit to compensate but still tilted a bit.

#2882 1 year ago

Anyone got a video of their DI with mirrorblades?

#2883 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Anyone got a video of their DI with mirrorblades?

I'm putting mine in tonight or tomorrow. Thought I saw one before somewhere.

#2885 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

» YouTube video

Thanks a lot! Think I'm gonna add this to my game.

#2886 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Thanks a lot! Think I'm gonna add this to my game.

Tight fit on jjp pins from my experience

#2887 1 year ago

I’m having a lot of trouble with my theatre magnet. I’m getting it to work in the test at -83. Will not work at any other setting. Then it doesn’t work during the game at all.
Am I missing something some where? Arghhh! It’s doing my head in.

#2888 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Tight fit on jjp pins from my experience

Not at all, have them on all three jjp games, plenty of clearance.

#2889 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not at all, have them on all three jjp games, plenty of clearance.

Maybe different thickness depending on type of mirrorblade?

#2890 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Maybe different thickness depending on type of mirrorblade?

Yes there are some mirror blades that are a little thicker than others and that would definitely make for an issue. Can anyone recommend the thinnest quality brands that you feel have excellent clearance?

#2891 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes there are some mirror blades that are a little thicker than others and that would definitely make for an issue. Can anyone recommend the thinnest quality brands that you feel have excellent clearance?

I use cointaker for all my games. Never had an issue with thickness.

#2892 1 year ago

I have this one metal piece that apparently has been attached in a wrong way as it touches the cabinet inner side (its on the upper left part of the playfield). So not much hope for installing sideblades for me. What would be the best way to get this sorted? I have tried to remove the screw and bend the rail, but always, when I screw it back again, it goes into its old position. Should I try to file this or what?

DI_screw (resized).JPG

#2893 1 year ago

Remove the screw. Push a dowel into the hole and fill it with a little wood glue. Let dry over night. Drill another hole slightly farther away from the wall to mount the clip farther away from the wall.

#2894 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Remove the screw. Push a dowel into the hole and fill it with a little wood glue. Let dry over night. Drill another hole slightly farther away from the wall to mount the clip farther away from the wall.

It is very difficult to move the metal part at all, its apparently a part of the metal guide, so I do not know how I could manage to drill any holes. If I put wood glue and toothpicks into the hole, let it dry, try to bend the metal piece further and tried to screw a new screw into slightly different place?

#2895 1 year ago

I just joined the club! Happy I waited because the machine came with new style protectors. Packaged very well also.

The game looks great! The only problems I have had so far is the start button assembly wasn't put in the button (easy fix), when I tried to slide the playfield back in place I didn't realize there was a big foam block in the back (took some figuring out).
The only problem I need to keep an eye on is on a couple of games I got a signal lost message on the screen & it went blank & into power saver mode. I assume it's a loose connection somewhere? It's working at the moment but would appreciate any tips on where to look if it happens again.

#2896 1 year ago

Did JJP issue new “2.0” metal hole protectors?

#2897 1 year ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Based on a couple new users reports, they are definitely different and much more like the cliffys. (Maybe they even are cliffys). I am fine with my phone scoop, I can hit that all day long. However, I do want to try a cliffy in the SIM card hole.

Check the pics near the end of this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/32

#2898 1 year ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I just joined the club! Happy I waited because the machine came with new style protectors. Packaged very well also.
The game looks great! The only problems I have had so far is the start button assembly wasn't put in the button (easy fix), when I tried to slide the playfield back in place I didn't realize there was a big foam block in the back (took some figuring out).
The only problem I need to keep an eye on is on a couple of games I got a signal lost message on the screen & it went blank & into power saver mode. I assume it's a loose connection somewhere? It's working at the moment but would appreciate any tips on where to look if it happens again.

Congratulations and welcome! It sounds like the monitor video cable is loose and likely just needs pushed back in a little more. I would check both ends of it. So where it goes in the monitor and the other end going into the composite.

It’s all located in your backbox and the monitor swings out but you have a couple wooden locks on each top left and right corner you will need to loosen a little. This will allow you to unlock the monitor mounts and swing it towards you. Then just below that to the right is the computer.

Here are some pics.

C3517A99-2842-4014-AF2E-FB8F47E11F48 (resized).jpeg

D0011D2F-0B5D-4F80-A824-1E9E31EE9FC8 (resized).jpeg

FE6649A6-7FEA-4C3E-8A52-457D92BF6AE5 (resized).jpeg

7C501429-FCF6-4A0E-9EBD-CBED0ECC6B2D (resized).jpeg

#2899 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Congratulations and welcome! It sounds like the monitor video cable is loose and likely just needs pushed back in a little more. I would check both ends of it. So where it goes in the monitor and the other end going into the composite.
It’s all located in your backbox and the monitor swings out but you have a couple wooden locks on each top left and right corner you will need to loosen a little. This will allow you to unlock the monitor mounts and swing it towards you. Then just below that to the right is the computer.
Here are some pics.

Thank you! If it happens again I'll dig into it. I appreciate the pictures

#2900 1 year ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Pretty sure they're using actual cliffies from the factory now, which is AWESOME.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 189.00
$ 8,000.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
There are 9055 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside