IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 273.
#2701 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I finally beat my Dialed In!
I just had an amazing game. While playing through all of the modes, shots and got past Chaos in Quantum City and Armageddon. I didn’t complete each of the modes the first time around, but after completing them all they started again so I was able to light enough SIM cards. I was concentrating on completing modes and getting multiballs and shooting for SIM cards. At one point the phone turned gold, and soon I realized that I had only one SIM left to complete D.i.a.l.e.d. I.n. All of the sudden I’m playing against D.I.E. In the Showdown mode. All of the balls are launched and the phone turns light blue and says: “Shoot phone to reveal enemy weak spot!”. Each time I hit the phone another major shot lights red and becomes vulnerable for attacking D.I.E. Each time a ball drains I lose a bit on my meter and each time I hit a red shot D.I.E. Loses some of it’s meter. Whenever a ball drains it’s launched back into play. At one point I beat D.I.E. And the backglass returns to normal (sans meters) and whenever a ball drains at this point it’s gone. All of the red shots are still lit and scoring jackpots until the second-to-last ball drains. At that point the game returns to normal play with no letters in D.i.a.l.e.d. I.n. lit. Final score: 9,748,530.
I was able to cradle the ball and take a picture (below) when I had all but 1 SIM card, but after that the game was just too crazy to try to stop and get pictures.
Dialed In is such an amazing game!

Impressive. Crazy score! I can't get over 3 million.

#2702 6 years ago

Thanks! I usually can't either. But once in a while I get lucky . . .

#2703 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone know what sort of rubber is used in our games? Standard, Titans, Super Bands, Perfect Play, etc? About to order a set, but want it to have the same stock feel.
Thanks

Anyone?

#2704 6 years ago

Depends on when you got it. The rubber they're using now is not the same as what they initially came with for the first couple months.

#2705 6 years ago

I haven't noticed as some early ones were sent out with some junk. I'll be replacing mine with Marco white for sure

#2706 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I haven't noticed as some early ones were sent out with some junk. I'll be replacing mine with Marco white for sure

What we did. Haven't regretted it. Marco has the best white rubber out there.

#2707 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I finally beat my Dialed In!
I just had an amazing game. While playing through all of the modes, shots and got past Chaos in Quantum City and Armageddon. I didn’t complete each of the modes the first time around, but after completing them all they started again so I was able to light enough SIM cards. I was concentrating on completing modes and getting multiballs and shooting for SIM cards. At one point the phone turned gold, and soon I realized that I had only one SIM left to complete D.i.a.l.e.d. I.n. All of the sudden I’m playing against D.I.E. In the Showdown mode. All of the balls are launched and the phone turns light blue and says: “Shoot phone to reveal enemy weak spot!”. Each time I hit the phone another major shot lights red and becomes vulnerable for attacking D.I.E. Each time a ball drains I lose a bit on my meter and each time I hit a red shot D.I.E. Loses some of it’s meter. Whenever a ball drains it’s launched back into play. At one point I beat D.I.E. And the backglass returns to normal (sans meters) and whenever a ball drains at this point it’s gone. All of the red shots are still lit and scoring jackpots until the second-to-last ball drains. At that point the game returns to normal play with no letters in D.i.a.l.e.d. I.n. lit. Final score: 9,748,530.
I was able to cradle the ball and take a picture (below) when I had all but 1 SIM card, but after that the game was just too crazy to try to stop and get pictures.
Dialed In is such an amazing game!

It's unbelievably satisfying to beat this game. Be sure to record your score into Pinsides database! I did a little over 11 Million myself and hold the #1 spot for now. The really big points come after spelling ''dialed in'' and beating modes all over again. I was averaging a little over 1.2 million points per mode completion after showdown!

#2708 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

It's unbelievably satisfying to beat this game. Be sure to record your score into Pinsides database! I did a little over 11 Million myself and hold the #1 spot for now. The really big points come after spelling ''dialed in'' and beating modes all over again. I was averaging a little over 1.2 million points per mode completion after showdown!

Are you guys doing this with the SIM memory on?

Quoted from PinMonk:

Depends on when you got it. The rubber they're using now is not the same as what they initially came with for the first couple months.

I got my recently, so it would have been the newer rubbers? Are they silicone or standard rubber? Was going to just buy standard rubber from Pinball Life, but the feel of the rubbers in my game seem a bit different from other rubbers I have in my B/W games.

#2709 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I got my recently, so it would have been the newer rubbers? Are they silicone or standard rubber? Was going to just buy standard rubber from Pinball Life, but the feel of the rubbers in my game seem a bit different from other rubbers I have in my B/W games.

We had rubber from the original run, so I don't know what you got, but it seems like it's silicone now from what I've read from others here. I still like the bounce of the Marco white rubber best.

#2710 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Factory settings. Best I've done on extra difficult was 4.2M which changes scoring dramatically, the ability to get Big Bang, and numerous other characteristics. It's nearly impossible to get an extra ball. Give it a try! You won't believe it

*edit: extra difficult turns off sim memory, and you start with ZERO letters

#2711 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

#2712 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We had rubber from the original run, so I don't know what you got, but it seems like it's silicone now from what I've read from others here. I still like the bounce of the Marco white rubber best.

Is Marco rubber any different from say Pinball Life rubber?

#2713 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yes. Marco's is bouncier and feels more pliable. I haven't ordered from anyone else in years as a result. He's got the best white rubber.

#2714 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Thanks! I did enter my score in the Pinside database. I’m currently at number 3. I could have done better but I had to effectively drain my last two balls because my wife was angry that I was playing 15 minutes after my agreed upon no pinball time. I really wish I had the time to really play it out. Next time. (Sigh). I still don’t thing that I could have beaten your high score. That’s impressive!

#2715 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Thanks! I did enter my score in the Pinside database. I’m currently at number 3. I could have done better but I had to effectively drain my last two balls because my wife was angry that I was playing 15 minutes after my agreed upon no pinball time. I really wish I had the time to really play it out. Next time. (Sigh). I still don’t thing that I could have beaten your high score. That’s impressive!

My wife didn't even ask me a question while I was playing. Afterwards, she said to me "now go give mikey a bath. And, holy crap that's insane!"

Thank you for the kind words!

#2716 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yes.

#2717 6 years ago

Hey, maybe a weird question... but does anyone know who has Dialed In LE #0001? I have #0002 and was just curious who it is.

#2718 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. Marco's is bouncier and feels more pliable. I haven't ordered from anyone else in years as a result. He's got the best white rubber.

Agreed! I've gotten pinball life's rubber and Marco's. It's night and day. When it comes to rubbers, I trust Marco! ...wait that didn't sound quite right.

#2719 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Agreed! I've gotten pinball life's rubber and Marco's. It's night and day. When it comes to rubbers, I trust Marco! ...wait that didn't sound quite right.

Hahaha. Anyone know how there black rubber compares to PBL? I'm due to change the ones on my MMR.

#2720 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hahaha. Anyone know how there black rubber compares to PBL? I'm due to change the ones on my MMR.

Black rubber is same. Go Marco! If you really want a change, try Titans. I'm liking them in my GOT PRO.

#2721 6 years ago

Anyone have the issue where when you turn on the machine and loads up, it thinks the coin door is open? I can start a game and it goes away, but every time I turn it on it says it’s open and I cannot see past it on the screen. Game plays fine aside from that.

#2722 6 years ago

Ive got the Titan clear rings. They work really well and are much cleaner.

#2723 6 years ago

I played a game on location without the SIM hole protector and nailed it three times off the upper flipper in one game.

It’s tempting me to remove my cliffys.

#2724 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I played a game on location without the SIM hole protector and nailed it three times off the upper flipper in one game.
It’s tempting me to remove my cliffys.

Before I got my cliffys I used 3/4 inch (or 1/2 inch, cant remember) round rubbers 3 deep on the post to protect that round edge on the SIM hole and it had NO damage when I removed and added cliffy. Just something to think about if you do remove the cliffy and want to have some protection.

#2725 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Anyone have the issue where when you turn on the machine and loads up, it thinks the coin door is open? I can start a game and it goes away, but every time I turn it on it says it’s open and I cannot see past it on the screen. Game plays fine aside from that.

Check your connections to the big white interlock switch on the inside left of the coin door. Sounds like yours has a flaky connection or is defective.

#2726 6 years ago

I seem to get a lot of balls come into the drain, and don't register. I have to open the coin door, and nudge the balls to get it noticed.

Any easy fix for this?

#2727 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I seem to get a lot of balls come into the drain, and don't register. I have to open the coin door, and nudge the balls to get it noticed.
Any easy fix for this?

Empty the trough, then switch test mode, then load the trough one ball at a time to see where your problem is. Might have to do it a few times.

#2728 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Any easy fix for this?

Yep. Had this problem too; check that your plunger for the VUK that's inside the ball holder isn't sitting up a few mm too high. Mine was & the balls would roll down & sit right next to the plunger so it couldn't plunge them up. The opto would see balls sitting on the rail and think everything was OK so the game would just sit there until it went into ball search, which after a cycle or 2 would vibrate/cycle everything enough to cause the balls to roll down into place on the plunger which would then cycle correctly. You can adjust the position of the plunger mech on the holder & move it down a few mm so the balls don't get stuck next to it. Similar issues happen when ball are magnetized & don't roll through the drain rail properly.

#2729 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Yes just received my game in January and my door switch was not connected properly. The wire normally connected to the NC (normally closed) was connected to the bottom most connector and wasn't functioning at all.

#2730 6 years ago

Can some of the LE owners made one or to pictures how the external Volumen control is connected in the machine? I have to figure out which connector is used.

Thank you very much

#2731 6 years ago

I am sure that his has been asked before, but what to do with this post on the left? Ball is often trapped between it and the inlane in my machine. Have you removed it altogether or e.g. replaced it with smaller post? Which is a good replacement post to use?

Post (resized).jpgPost (resized).jpg

#2732 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I am sure that his has been asked before, but what to do with this post on the left? Ball is often trapped between it and the inlane in my machine. Have you removed it altogether or e.g. replaced it with smaller post? Which is a good replacement post to use?

Ball should not stop on this post and doesn't on the one we have. Is your machine level? Is the playfield pitch steep enough?

#2733 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Hi Marko,

I took that post out and used a little washer for level it with my playfieldprotector and put a little piece mylar over it. And no ball hangers or other problems.
But you have to level the machine correct - and this is a bit tricky... but it helped me also with the "balls bounce over the rampend" problem.
Only thing I have are airballs from the QED-lane up in the ramp and from some targets.

Can you send a picture how the external volume control is connected? I would like to build my own for the SE

#2734 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Hi Marko,
I took that post out and used a little washer for level it with my playfieldprotector and put a little piece mylar over it. And no ball hangers or other problems.
But you have to level the machine correct - and this is a bit tricky... but it helped me also with the "balls bounce over the rampend" problem.
Only thing I have are airballs from the QED-lane up in the ramp and from some targets.
Can you send a picture how the external volume control is connected? I would like to build my own for the SE

I am worried about the ball nicking itself to the metal plate after the post... Can you send me a pic on how you did it? I think my machine should be level and steep enough, but I recheck! I think the problem is accumulated due to the playfield protector that I am using...

About volume controls - do these help? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/52#post-4187249

#2735 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I am worried about the ball nicking itself to the metal plate after the post... Can you send me a pic on how you did it? I think my machine should be level and steep enough, but I recheck! I think the problem is accumulated due to the playfield protector that I am using...

So many hangup issues with those playfield protectors...I guess this is another to add to the list. We didn't do it, and I'm glad...

#2736 6 years ago

yes i send you a picture. I also used two stripes of mylar to prevent the ball is touching directly the metaledge

#2737 6 years ago

So, here's an email I just received from Mirco regarding the lines on the pf:

"The clearcoat is one of the hardest and best you can find on the market and the mix is done by a robot. So no human error can occur. The damage is caused by the balls. All other ideas are simply wrong. Most of the people who write on pinside don't really know what they are talking about...."

#2738 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So, here's an email I just received from Mirco regarding the lines on the pf:
"The clearcoat is one of the hardest and best you can find on the market and the mix is done by a robot. So no human error can occur. The damage is caused by the balls. All other ideas are simply wrong. Most of the people who write on pinside don't really know what they are talking about...."

he's got a point there

#2739 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So many hangup issues with those playfield protectors...I guess this is another to add to the list. We didn't do it, and I'm glad...

I have #997, and haven't, thankfully, encountered a majority of the issues spoken about here. I wasn't so lucky with my AFMR though.... what a nightmare that continues to be

#2740 6 years ago

Regarding the provided felt cabinet protectors, are they better to use than say regular hard plastic ones? What would be the best protection in your opinion?

#2741 6 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Regarding the provided felt cabinet protectors, are they better to use than say regular hard plastic ones? What would be the best protection in your opinion?

DO NOT use the plastic Pinguard type protectors unless you want to see that cabinet fold up like a Shar-Pei!

#2742 6 years ago

I use these on all of my pins. Can't go wrong.
https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-leg-protector-hidden/

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#2743 6 years ago

Which is actually preferred since the stock standoffs on Dialed In weren't (aren't still?) thick enough and part of the leg still contacts the cabinet, causing wrinkling at two points on the front legs.

#2744 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Which is actually preferred since the stock standoffs on Dialed In weren't (aren't still?) thick enough and part of the leg still contacts the cabinet, causing wrinkling at two points on the front legs.

Had no idea. The mantis protectors look awesome.

snaroff

#2745 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Had no idea. The mantis protectors look awesome.
snaroff

If you run your finger along the edge of the Dialed In legs you can feel where it contacts the cabinet at the turn in the leg when it shouldn't. If you've had it a while you might see wrinkling starting there, too.

#2746 6 years ago

Got an email from Jack at JJP, and once again, he's personally getting in touch to try to sort things out. Even though my machine has had a list of issues, I have to say, I've been extremely impressed with the way this company handles things. You think Gary Stern is calling anyone!

#2747 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They are using titan white now. 2.0 manual specifies it's silicone, but not the brand. But the brand is titan.

#2748 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you run your finger along the edge of the Dialed In legs you can feel where it contacts the cabinet at the turn in the leg when it shouldn't. If you've had it a while you might see wrinkling starting there, too.

The thing is the legs should actually be touching the cabinet. They are shaped to spread the compression over a larger area. People's anal retentiveness over the cabinet corners has caused people to not want that to happen. It also makes the games more wobbly. You're now putting sharing stress on the bolts, which is not what they are designed for. Bolts are designed for linear stress.

#2749 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

DO NOT use the plastic Pinguard type protectors unless you want to see that cabinet fold up like a Shar-Pei!

I have no issues with plastic protectors that have LEDs in them...but probably because both my machines have Rad-Cals....

#2750 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

The thing is the legs should actually be touching the cabinet. They are shaped to spread the compression over a larger area. People's anal retentiveness over the cabinet corners has caused people to not want that to happen. It also makes the games more wobbly. You're now putting sharing stress on the bolts, which is not what they are designed for. Bolts are designed for linear stress.

You want them to touch the cabinet AT THE STANDOFFS, not at the edges. This does not cause stress on the bolts because the leg is secured to the cabinet against the standoffs. Point is, JJP's stock ones are touching at the edges and causing the cab stickers to wrinkle.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/55?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.