IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 273.
#2651 6 years ago

It would have to be adapted for use with a stainless lane guide like on DI, rather than a ramp like MB, BM'66 etc (which is usually thinner metal). It could be done, but a simple bracket would have to be fabricated, probably attached to that post on the back side to the right.

#2652 6 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Has anyone installed pinblades on their Dialed In? I'm considering Pingraffix blades or mirrorblades. Pictures are very appreciated!

CFA47FD4-CB6D-4874-A262-85120F0599BD (resized).jpegCFA47FD4-CB6D-4874-A262-85120F0599BD (resized).jpeg

AD199722-F8E8-443C-A746-6151BA312615 (resized).jpegAD199722-F8E8-443C-A746-6151BA312615 (resized).jpeg

#2653 6 years ago

Those look incredible and they compliment the game perfectly!! Thanks for posting these up.

#2654 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ive got an led out in my phone, #17 lower right. Blank in test mode. Is there a fix for this?

Add me to the phone LED out club. The upper right LED #24 is out on mine. I thought maybe that was by design since ther is a connector there but in the LED tests it states one should be there. Filed a ticket and we’ll see.

471D3D37-7EF7-4790-AA88-9F63755F8CA6 (resized).jpeg471D3D37-7EF7-4790-AA88-9F63755F8CA6 (resized).jpeg

#2655 6 years ago

One thing that bugged me about DI was the lack of light on for the backglass. The sides especially were completely unlit and had some nice art. I added in some cool white LED strips to the monitor brackets and another set below the stock ones on the computer case. I really like how it came out. In the photos, my camera overexposed the before (you can tell by the color of the sky), so the added LED strips really make the top pop. Also, I really like how the art on the sides of the monitor now is visible.

IMG_6716 (resized).JPGIMG_6716 (resized).JPG
IMG_6721 (resized).JPGIMG_6721 (resized).JPG
IMG_6720 (resized).JPGIMG_6720 (resized).JPG

#2656 6 years ago

The sides are nice. We have an rgb version for the backbox.

#2657 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

One thing that bugged me about DI was the lack of light on for the backglass. The sides especially where completely unlit and had some nice art. I added in some cool white LED strips to the monitor brackets and another set below the stock ones on the computer case. I really like how it came out. In the photos, my camera overexposed the before (you can tell by the color of the sky), so the added LED strips really make the top pop. Also, I really like how the art on the sides of the monitor now is visible.

Looks nice

#2658 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The sides are nice. We have an rgb version for the backbox.
» YouTube video

That is nice. I'm working on a Pinduino version to interact with gameplay, but this was easy to build with parts I have around. A $5 roll of 5050 cool white LEDs goes a long way. . .

#2659 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

That is nice. I'm working on a Pinduino version to interact with gameplay, but this was easy to build with parts I have around. A $5 roll of 5050 cool white LEDs goes a long way. . .

Where did you get power for the strips?

#2660 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

If u look closely you can see he grabbed power from the other strip

#2661 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Same source as the LED strip that is there. I made a y-splitter for the ones on the sides and just pulled the power down for the second strip on the computer case. The LEDs are all 12V. Here is a link to get a 5M roll for less than $5: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5M-3528-LED-Waterproof-Strip-Light-300-LED-DC-12V-Cool-White-Blue-Yellow-Red-Green/571468879.html

If people are interested, I can do a writeup on how to make this setup as DIY. Just quote this post and say "please do" -- three responses and I'll do it.

IMG_6719 (resized).JPGIMG_6719 (resized).JPG

IMG_6714 (resized).JPGIMG_6714 (resized).JPG

#2662 6 years ago

A couple of more photos of the setup for getting the sides lit. I ran the wires under the monitor to connect the two sides and over the top-left to the power. If anyone does this, make sure to cover the ends of the LEDs with heat-shrink tubing or put down electrical tape to prevent shorts against the metal of the monitor frame and computer case.

IMG_6712 (resized).JPGIMG_6712 (resized).JPG
IMG_6711 (resized).JPGIMG_6711 (resized).JPG
IMG_6707 (resized).JPGIMG_6707 (resized).JPG
IMG_6709 (resized).JPGIMG_6709 (resized).JPG
IMG_6710 (resized).JPGIMG_6710 (resized).JPG

#2663 6 years ago

Thanks a lot, looks great! Was the installation a smooth operation? Did you have to remove the playfield? How tight is the fit?

#2664 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

One thing that bugged me about DI was the lack of light on for the backglass. The sides especially were completely unlit and had some nice art. I added in some cool white LED strips to the monitor brackets and another set below the stock ones on the computer case. I really like how it came out. In the photos, my camera overexposed the before (you can tell by the color of the sky), so the added LED strips really make the top pop. Also, I really like how the art on the sides of the monitor now is visible.

That looks sweet! Please do

#2665 6 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Thanks a lot, looks great! Was the installation a smooth operation? Did you have to remove the playfield? How tight is the fit?

Installation is easy, but you have to remove the playfield. It fits very well. I like the Pinblades a lot more then mirror ones, they get scratched too easily

#2666 6 years ago

Update:

Led 17 on the phone is supposed to be very dim, it’s obscured by wiring per jjp. They should all look like this.

On sdtm from theater magnet, I raised the back right leg a few turns and it helped a lot, very few sdtm; game still feels level.

#2667 6 years ago

Unfortu

Quoted from Lermods:Update:
Led 17 on the phone is supposed to be very dim, it’s obscured by wiring per jjp. They should all look like this.
On sdtm from theater magnet, I raised the back right leg a few turns and it helped a lot, very few sdtm; game still feels level.

Unfortunately for me, my malfunctioning LED is #24. I hope the fix is simple. I can’t imagine it being wiring outside the phone, it must be internal to the phone which means at least a replacement of the PCB with the LEDs in the phone.

#2668 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Just quote this post and say "please do"

Please do!

#2669 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Just quote this post and say "please do"

Please do

#2672 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I like that, thanks for the idea!

#2673 6 years ago

Anyone know how to select between the different disasters?

#2674 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone know how to select between the different disasters?

If you look at the charged phone you'll see the currently available disasters, when you flip you'll see that you're changing which one is lit. Hit the scoop with the disaster lit you want to start. Bare in mind when you flip it will move one place so select one disaster to the left or right depending which flipper you use ( same as how the ring modes are selected in LOTR )

#2675 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

If you look at the charged phone you'll see the currently available disasters, when you flip you'll see that you're changing which one is lit. Hit the scoop with the disaster lit you want to start. Bare in mind when you flip it will move one place so select one disaster to the left or right depending which flipper you use ( same as how the ring modes are selected in LOTR )

Or you can select with the app on your phone.

#2676 6 years ago

Hi guys, just received LE #822. So far we love it! One issue though.

About 50% of the times I power up the machine, the sub-woofer doesn't work, and has a continuous popping sound. Usually if I power cycle it from there it starts to work fine.

Anyone seen this? Is there a fix?

Also during boot there is a lot of "electrical" noise that bleeds into the speakers. Like it's not shielded? And when the machine is idle I hear a constant "hiss". Normal?

#2677 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

About 50% of the times I power up the machine, the sub-woofer doesn't work, and has a continuous popping sound. Usually if I power cycle it from there it starts to work fine.

The popping sounds is normal, almost sounds like a knock. When do you notice the subwoofer not working or how are you testing it?

#2678 6 years ago

After the first ball drains and before I plunge the second ball the game makes what seems to me to be an error sound. Also happens after the second ball. But I don’t notice it every time. Anyone know what this sound indicates?

#2679 6 years ago

Those really need to be turned into powerbladez like the AFM ones. Then joeraptor2003 has my $$

#2680 6 years ago

I finally beat my Dialed In!
I just had an amazing game. While playing through all of the modes, shots and got past Chaos in Quantum City and Armageddon. I didn’t complete each of the modes the first time around, but after completing them all they started again so I was able to light enough SIM cards. I was concentrating on completing modes and getting multiballs and shooting for SIM cards. At one point the phone turned gold, and soon I realized that I had only one SIM left to complete D.i.a.l.e.d. I.n. All of the sudden I’m playing against D.I.E. In the Showdown mode. All of the balls are launched and the phone turns light blue and says: “Shoot phone to reveal enemy weak spot!”. Each time I hit the phone another major shot lights red and becomes vulnerable for attacking D.I.E. Each time a ball drains I lose a bit on my meter and each time I hit a red shot D.I.E. Loses some of it’s meter. Whenever a ball drains it’s launched back into play. At one point I beat D.I.E. And the backglass returns to normal (sans meters) and whenever a ball drains at this point it’s gone. All of the red shots are still lit and scoring jackpots until the second-to-last ball drains. At that point the game returns to normal play with no letters in D.i.a.l.e.d. I.n. lit. Final score: 9,748,530.
I was able to cradle the ball and take a picture (below) when I had all but 1 SIM card, but after that the game was just too crazy to try to stop and get pictures.
Dialed In is such an amazing game!

8DB5F947-B473-44B7-BF15-CF88DE5434B2 (resized).jpeg8DB5F947-B473-44B7-BF15-CF88DE5434B2 (resized).jpeg

AE62BB64-C537-4900-9FC0-1A1A8C2078B7 (resized).jpegAE62BB64-C537-4900-9FC0-1A1A8C2078B7 (resized).jpeg

C64C813F-BA81-4DF9-854B-29CF0B5059E8 (resized).jpegC64C813F-BA81-4DF9-854B-29CF0B5059E8 (resized).jpeg

7E8F2B71-FFC1-4D9A-A82A-02837561C73F (resized).jpeg7E8F2B71-FFC1-4D9A-A82A-02837561C73F (resized).jpeg

#2681 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I just had an amazing game. While playing through all of the modes, shots and got past Chaos in Quantum City and Armageddon. I didn’t complete each of the modes the first time around, but after completing them all they started again so I was able to light enough SIM cards. I was concentrating on completing modes and getting multiballs and shooting for SIM cards. At one point the phone turned gold, and soon I realized that I had only one SIM left to complete D.i.a.l.e.d. I.n. All of the sudden I’m playing against D.I.E. In the Showdown mode. All of the balls are launched and the phone turns light blue and says: “Shoot phone to reveal enemy weak spot!”. Each time I hit the phone another major shot lights red and becomes vulnerable for attacking D.I.E. Each time a ball drains I lose a bit on my meter and each time I hit a red shot D.I.E. Loses some of it’s meter. Whenever a ball drains it’s launched back into play. At one point I beat D.I.E. And the backglass returns to normal (sans meters) and whenever a ball drains at this point it’s gone. All of the red shots are still lit and scoring jackpots until the second-to-last ball drains. At that point the game returns to normal play with no letters in D.i.a.l.e.d. I.n. lit. Final score: 9,748,530.
I was able to cradle the ball and take a picture (below) when I had all but 1 SIM card, but after that the game was just too crazy to try to stop and get pictures.

Awesome work!

("Weakspot" isn't one word, it's two. Maybe "Weaksauce" but not "Weakspot" - something to fix in v1.55.)

#2682 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Wow.... congrats

#2683 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Also during boot there is a lot of "electrical" noise that bleeds into the speakers. Like it's not shielded? And when the machine is idle I hear a constant "hiss". Normal?

The electrical sound as it boots is normal I have it on mine and the sub woofer pops on mine as well. I think both are normal. Once you are in the game and boot sequence is complete the sound should be normal

#2684 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

The electrical sound as it boots is normal I have it on mine and the sub woofer pops on mine as well. I think both are normal. Once you are in the game and boot sequence is complete the sound should be normal

Yep, subwoofer pops and noise during boot sequence very normal. Happens on both my Hobbit and Dialed In.

#2685 6 years ago

I whish there is a sequence when you beat D.I.E. and its stop playing , like it is on afm.

The first time i beat it i really didnt realize it and dont know what to do, while you only shot for the jackpots.

Hope this will be change with the next update.

#2686 6 years ago

Does anyone happen to know when JJP will start shipping out manuals to our dealers?

#2687 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

OnTheSnap I had this problem with my Hobbit. In the backbox are the wires that go to the speakers. Open up the CPU box, and find the RCA connector that goes to the subwoofer. The one on my Hobbit wasn't soldered particularly well, but wiggling it a bit let me get it to a spot where it was always working. If you discover that's the problem, JJP will send you a new cable.

#2688 6 years ago

Anyone notice a lot of sound vibration coming from the back box speakers when turning volume up past 28 or higher? I get a lot from mine..

Is anyone going to do a topper for DI ? My le is really needing one........

#2689 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone notice a lot of sound vibration coming from the back box speakers when turning volume up past 28 or higher? I get a lot from mine..

Laserriffic has one in production that is pretty slick

#2690 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Tilttopper has one that they make in batches (I got one), Laseriffic just came out with one also.

#2691 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Tilttopper has one that they make in batches (I got one), Laseriffic just came out with one also.

Any pics?????

#2692 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Put some antirapple tape at the top of the playfieldglas and its gone

#2695 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I have a lot of static coming from my speakers. Even with volume at zero there is static.

Is this normal? If not anyone have a fix?

Thanks for the tip on the sub. Maybe my audio cables are all bad?

When I plug into the he headphone jack audio is clean and perfect. So now to figure out how to get that out of the speakers.

Also when the headphones are in, there is still static out of the speakers!!

#2696 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Does anyone happen to know when JJP will start shipping out manuals to our dealers?

I’m gonna contact them. I bet you they have them ready but are only shipping out to people who contact them. Had same thing happen with my Hobbit manual.

#2697 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I’m gonna contact them. I bet you they have them ready but are only shipping out to people who contact them. Had same thing happen with my Hobbit manual.

Please update when you find out

#2698 6 years ago

Anyone know what sort of rubber is used in our games? Standard, Titans, Super Bands, Perfect Play, etc? About to order a set, but want it to have the same stock feel.

Thanks

#2699 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

FYI- I too had a ton of noise on my DI during bootup, super high-pitched blasts of noise while it was reading data. Then a steady drone of white noise during runtime. I have a Hobbit that is totally silent through the speakers during boot/runtime that doesn't have a filter or any remediation. The DI physical design packs everything into the backbox, so all sorts of potential for electrical interference. So I talked to JJP & they sent me a filter for DI that plugs in between the soundcard & speakers. It's like night/day. You can actually hear the filter clamp down on the electrical noise when it comes online. If you put you ear next to a speaker, you can hear the noise faintly in the background, but the filter is like magic. Give them a call.

#2700 6 years ago
Quoted from Ian720:

FYI- I too had a ton of noise on my DI during bootup, super high-pitched blasts of noise while it was reading data. Then a steady drone of white noise during runtime. I have a Hobbit that is totally silent through the speakers during boot/runtime that doesn't have a filter or any remediation. The DI physical design packs everything into the backbox, so all sorts of potential for electrical interference. So I talked to JJP & they sent me a filter for DI that plugs in between the soundcard & speakers. It's like night/day. You can actually hear the filter clamp down on the electrical noise when it comes online. If you put you ear next to a speaker, you can hear the noise faintly in the background, but the filter is like magic. Give them a call.

Perfect advice thanks! I called and they knew exactly what I was talking about. A passive filter is on the way. Guess it's a known issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/54?hl=ian720 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.