Topic Stats

• 8,829 posts
  • 487 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by gamefun29
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,068 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15665371508663972640152063515880 (resized).jpg
20190819_181516 (resized).jpg
6CF3159B-EE80-44BD-91BF-D1C8ABFAA9BF (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190818_173650 (resized).jpg
20190817_173756 (resized).jpg
20190817_145853 (resized).jpg
20190817_132702 (resized).jpg
20190816_170413 (resized).jpg
hwinfo (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.21.07 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 14.29.30 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.20.42 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.32.01 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.32.03 (resized).jpg
WP_20190814_11_46_49_Pro (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 8829 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 177.
#2501 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Hi all! Just got a Dialed In Standard Edition and the start button assembly was hanging loose inside. I can't make it stick in the hole where it's supposed to be. See image where I've put it in the hole. Is there any parts missing?

I had the same problem. I pushed it in with force and twisted and it finally stayed, although at first it looked like it will never stick.

#2502 1 year ago

Maybe a stupid question - but why not have WiFi to do auto code updates and cloud based global leader boards?

Seems like it’s almost a free hardware feature, and would be fun for the community to have online leagues built in.

Probably they could sell a WiFi module and do it now if they wanted.

Has it been done or is this a new idea?

Or Is it sacrilegious?

#2503 1 year ago

Two of the LEDs around my DI's phone seemed to have gone dead. They don't come on in test mode either. I reseated the CAT5 cables on both ends, no change. Should I just open a ticket and get some new LEDs?

#2504 1 year ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Two of the LEDs around my DI's phone seemed to have gone dead. They don't come on in test mode either. I reseated the CAT5 cables on both ends, no change. Should I just open a ticket and get some new LEDs?

Gonna need a whole new phone more than likely..... jjp will take care of u .

#2505 1 year ago

My audio-connector in the front is not working - anyone with the same problem and how did you fix it?

#2506 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

My audio-connector in the front is not working - anyone with the same problem and how did you fix it?

Check the cable inside the cabinet at the front, and if that's connected, open the box in the head with the computer motherboard and make sure the audio connection is plugged in there and didn't come loose.

#2507 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Check the cable inside the cabinet at the front, and if that's connected, open the box in the head with the computer motherboard and make sure the audio connection is plugged in there and didn't come loose.

Yes it is going to be either one of these two places to check. If you need to get in the back here are some pics and tips The monitor is in front of some of the computer goodies you need access to. There are some wooden lock in supports you need to loosen in order to swing it out. I hope this helps.

6E29A965-63BC-4192-B552-D2DB2BE7B830 (resized).jpeg

12122BD5-2C20-428D-BBD3-FB04236E0392 (resized).jpeg

A1DC0CAE-DF31-4D80-B24A-F72405FA29B5 (resized).jpeg

492B1928-E511-46C5-AA6D-856D6752B9E8 (resized).jpeg

F25F4DA8-47BA-4672-BD6A-49E0EE684A27 (resized).jpeg

72924DEA-DABE-4339-BC09-8AF619B87DFA (resized).jpeg

#2508 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Hi all! Just got a Dialed In Standard Edition and the start button assembly was hanging loose inside. I can't make it stick in the hole where it's supposed to be. See image where I've put it in the hole. Is there any parts missing?

I got mine about a month ago and it was the same way. Just push it in with a little twist to make sure it is lined up and it should snap in to place. Double check that your shaker is plugged in as well. I didn't notice that for a week or so. It is like whoever was doing final assembly on that corner of the cabinet dropped the ball.

#2509 1 year ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Which two? If it’s the two lower right on the bottom, it’s normal I believe.

#2510 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I had the same problem. I pushed it in with force and twisted and it finally stayed, although at first it looked like it will never stick.

Quoted from at_t_2d:

I got mine about a month ago and it was the same way. Just push it in with a little twist to make sure it is lined up and it should snap in to place. Double check that your shaker is plugged in as well. I didn't notice that for a week or so. It is like whoever was doing final assembly on that corner of the cabinet dropped the ball.

Thanks guys! It worked. However, there was no LED-bulb in it when the game shipped. I´ve tried two different sizes of leds (one ordinary and one very short) but they are too long for the assembly to fit in the hole (before the button). Is it supposed to be a led light there at all and if so what kind do you have?
EDIT: Found the loose led-bulb in the machine, all is good!

#2511 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go into Tests - Theater Magnet - and change it. I set mine to -90, others have used different settings.
LTG : )

Thanks for the assistance LTG.

#2512 1 year ago

Update on my phone. My game is 2 weeks old and the phone has been having progressively worse problems. First it was blinking off, then shutting off, then losing a color channel (making the screen appear pink), and now always flickering, changing colors, or shutting off when balls hit the posts or VUK. Between the problem getting progressively worse and the screen shutting off when balls cause vibrations close to the phone, it definitely appears problem with one or more connections in the phone. I took it apart, reflowed the solder on all the headers going to the display board, and reseated all the connections. No improvements (might be a SMD component on the screen board). I had filed a ticket, but after 10 days called JPP support. I spoke to Frank and he was excellent and will be sending a replacement phone. It would take a week or two before the have phones to ship and I'll keep people posted.

#2513 1 year ago

It's not looking good for the longevity of the phone, mine failed the day after getting my machine and was replaced but there's just too many instances of this. Hopefully they've identified the problem and sorted it out with whoever supplies them.

#2514 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

That usually happens when you tighten the contact points too tight. They should just be barely tight. Mine does not look like this, it lays flat.

+1 Mine is not raised like that either. I get zero rejected shots. Only issue for me is the part that protects the wall of the hole. It makes it to narrow, so it effects the ball ejecting.

#2515 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

+1 Mine is not raised like that either. I get zero rejected shots. Only issue for me is the part that protects the wall of the hole. It makes it to narrow, so it effects the ball ejecting.

Sounds like you have a V1 version. The V2 does not go down into the hole, only protecting the top and beveled part. Stops those rejects. Email Cliffy.

#2516 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Sounds like you have a V1 version. The V2 does not go down into the hole, only protecting the top and beveled part. Stops those rejects. Email Cliffy.

Already have! Just waiting on him to make me a SOL protector for my AFMr.

#2517 1 year ago

Was cleaning and waxing my game last night, when I noticed in the reflection of light that there were loads of ball marks on my pf. I'm fully aware that pfs get scratched up, but from what I've seen on my other games they're more shallow and usually in more of a swirled pattern.

These lines almost look like planking, and when I gently run my finger nail across them, they are deep enough to stop my finger.

I took video of this following the reflection on my portable light.

What do you guys think?

#2518 1 year ago

This is the first game that I have had no desire to put mods on. I put cliffy's on it and changed out the rubbers. I think I'm all set.....for now.

#2519 1 year ago

Based on the advice here, it cut out the Mylar above the theater magnet. As suggested, I took out the magnet from below and cut the Mylar from the hole below. After cutting it out, I cleaned all the goo off the magnet and put it back in. My magnet was perfectly flat with playfield so no need to adjust. I then had to change my magnet setting to -110. It is definitely much more consistently throwing around the top. Not 100% but pretty good based on several plays.

We’ll see how it goes over time.

The Mylar was definitely cracking and bubbling so it was good that I removed before it ended up removing itself.

#2520 1 year ago

Alright, so I fixed my trap door issue. Now I seem to have another issue. After about 5 to 10 throws my magnet gets really weak at the theatre. I looked in settings and there is no magnet strength option. Any one got some advice? My throw works perfectly before that and is set to -90 normal. It just seems to get weak quickly

#2521 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

My throw works perfectly before that and is set to -90 normal. It just seems to get weak quickly

Try changing the setting.

#2522 1 year ago

Where is the strength setting. It throws the ball fine. Until it becomes weak, maybe 10 throws in or so

#2523 1 year ago

Where is the strength setting. It throws the ball fine. Until it becomes weak, maybe 10 throws in or so

Seems very similar to what I have seen. The throw reacts differently after the magnet is used frequently. I don’t think there is a strength setting. All I can think is that it acts differently when it heats up. Glad I am not the only one that seems to get that weird behavior.

#2524 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Was cleaning and waxing my game last night, when I noticed in the reflection of light that there were loads of ball marks on my pf. I'm fully aware that pfs get scratched up, but from what I've seen on my other games they're more shallow and usually in more of a swirled pattern.
These lines almost look like planking, and when I gently run my finger nail across them, they are deep enough to stop my finger.
I took video of this following the reflection on my portable light.
What do you guys think?
» YouTube video

Pull the balls out of the machine and check them very closely for imperfections. A load of us in the UK had this happen, tiny little raised rough bits on the balls. I noticed mine getting scratched after only 3 or 4 games, checked the balls and found them rough. Swapped the balls out and no further scratches. Either the balls were already damaged or they were poor quality and got damaged, possibly by the scoop protectors.

#2525 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Pull the balls out of the machine and check them very closely for imperfections. A load of us in the UK had this happen, tiny little raised rough bits on the balls. I noticed mine getting scratched after only 3 or 4 games, checked the balls and found them rough. Swapped the balls out and no further scratches. Either the balls were already damaged or they were poor quality and got damaged, possibly by the scoop protectors.

So then this is not normal? This is not what the pf should look like if clean balls were used?

I used the balls that were included with my game.

#2526 1 year ago

Where is the strength setting.

Tests - Theater Magnet.

#2527 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

So then this is not normal? This is not what the pf should look like if clean balls were used?

No, not normal but experienced by a few of us in the uk when we all got our machines. At first we were doubting the clearcoat but soon the rough balls were found and we all ditched them. Go check them really carefully.

#2528 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

No, not normal but experienced by a few of us in the uk when we all got our machines. At first we were doubting the clearcoat but soon the rough balls were found and we all ditched them. Go check them really carefully.

Regardless, even if I switch balls now, the damage has been done. I've barely played the game, and figured that brand new balls out of the box would have been fine. I'm pretty pissed off!

#2529 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Regardless, even if I switch balls now, the damage has been done. I've barely played the game, and figured that brand new balls out of the box would have been fine. I'm pretty pissed off!

Understandable, I was too. I caught mine with only a few scratches and you can't really see them unless you look closely. Someone else said they successfully polished most of them out ( probably with novus ).

#2530 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Understandably, I was too. I caught mine with only a few scratches and you can't really see them unless you look closely. Someone else said they successfully polished most of them out ( probably with novus ).

I don't think Novus it going to clear these out. I will try, but highly doubt it.

I've contacted JJP.

#2531 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

I don't think Novus it going to clear these out. I will try, but highly doubt it.
I've contacted JJP.

Did you find the balls rough?

#2532 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Did you find the balls rough?

Not at home right now. Will check when I get back.

#2533 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Understandably, I was too. I caught mine with only a few scratches and you can't really see them unless you look closely. Someone else said they successfully polished most of them out ( probably with novus ).

I have the same issue, but isolated to the flippers/slings. Switched out the "stock" balls to Ninja Chrome and believe it's ceased. fwiw, I've never had this happen before.

snaroff

#2534 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have the same issue, but isolated to the flippers/slings. Switched out the "stock" balls to Ninja Chrome and believe it's ceased. fwiw, I've never had this happen before.
snaroff

Purchased from the ballbaron?

#2535 1 year ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Purchased from the ballbaron?

Yes.

#2536 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yea they suck.... had same issue untill i put new balls in..

#2537 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Understandable, I was too. I caught mine with only a few scratches and you can't really see them unless you look closely. Someone else said they successfully polished most of them out ( probably with novus ).

Yea most mine buffed out when i waxed it....

#2538 1 year ago

How do these compare to the super shiny from titan? I'm gonna order a set...just curious

#2539 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

Took the balls out, and they do have some dings in them, but not much more than some of my other balls in other games.

I tried taking some Novus 2, Novus 1, and wax to it, without really any improvement.

Waiting on JJP.

#2540 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Took the balls out, and they do have some dings in them, but not much more than some of my other balls in other games.
I tried taking some Novus 2, Novus 1, and wax to it, without really any improvement.
Waiting on JJP.

The imperfections I found were tiny little raised spikes, imagine a grain of sand stuck to the surface. Too small to see but could feel and once found could feel it with thumb nail.

#2541 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

The imperfections I found were tiny little raised spikes, imagine a grain of sand stuck to the surface. Too small to see but could feel and once found could feel it with thumb nail.

JJP had me email Mirco directly. He's saying it must be the balls, but they are the ones JJP provided me, and the game was very lightly used. This kind of damage, in this short time is more than disappointing.

Really hoping JJP will step up and right this.

#2542 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea they suck.... had same issue untill i put new balls in..

I have the same issue with the play field marks like you describe I used marco pinball regular pinballs and it’s the same as the ones that came with the machine. I think it could have something to do with the oil from the pinballs. The marks on mine come off by rubbing them but not sure how to make it so this doesn’t happen. Two different sets of pinballs doing it so I don’t think it has to do with the ones supplied by JJP if anyone has advice on this I would appreciate it

#2543 1 year ago

I cleaned both sets of pinballs thoroughly and it didn’t make a difference I still get the marks on the play field

#2544 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

JJP had me email Mirco directly. He's saying it must be the balls, but they are the ones JJP provided me, and the game was very lightly used. This kind of damage, in this short time is more than disappointing.
Really hoping JJP will step up and right this.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but what do you expect JJP to do?

#2545 1 year ago

I replaced mine with stern balls ( not known for their quality either! ) out of my Ghostbusters while I got new balls, and the scratching stopped immediately. Also the stern balls didn't receive damage when in DI. Some owners blamed the jjp scoop protectors damaging the balls, maybe some balls are harder than others. I'm not saying that's what's happened. As for oil on the balls, you are supposed to clean that off before use, it said so on the packaging.

#2546 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but what do you expect JJP to do?

I guess we'll see. I'm not trying to be a hard ass. The game is barely used, and this extent of damage is unacceptable.

#2547 1 year ago
Quoted from venom112:

I have the same issue with the play field marks like you describe I used marco pinball regular pinballs and it’s the same as the ones that came with the machine. I think it could have something to do with the oil from the pinballs. The marks on mine come off by rubbing them but not sure how to make it so this doesn’t happen. Two different sets of pinballs doing it so I don’t think it has to do with the ones supplied by JJP if anyone has advice on this I would appreciate it

These are too deep to rub out.

Here's another look:

#2548 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

I guess we'll see. I'm not trying to be a hard ass. The game is barely used, and this extent of damage is unacceptable.

Put new balls in and Wax the thing ...then play the hell out of it..... its not gonna effect gameplay and overtime the playfield will become dull and u wont be able to even tell. These new pins with super shiny clear doesn't stay that way for long from my experience.

#2549 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Put new balls in and Wax the thing ...then play the hell out of it..... its not gonna effect gameplay and overtime the playfield will become dull and u wont be able to even tell. These new pins with super shiny clear doesn't stay that way for long from my experience.

New balls in and gave is waxed. But I don't think normal wear is going to sort this. My MMR has over 2500 games now, and has expected wear and also some clear chipping on edges. I'm not so pleased with the chipping, but I've accepted that a fact of modern pinball.

The marks on this DI are far worse, and nothing I've seen before.

#2550 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

New balls in and gave is waxed. But I don't think normal wear is going to sort this. My MMR has over 2500 games now, and has expected wear and also some clear chipping on edges. I'm not so pleased with the chipping, but I've accepted that a fact of modern pinball.
The marks on this DI are far worse, and nothing I've seen before.

It really doesn't look like much. Just play it and enjoy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Marco Island, FL
There are 8829 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 177.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside