IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 273.
#201 6 years ago

pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-mirror-blades

20170708_221450 (resized).jpg20170708_221450 (resized).jpg

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll get it working maybe

Sorry dude... ya deserved better

Kudos for not going on a tirade about it. You know it'll get fixed. But the "waiting"... it's the hardest part. Yes I just made that up myself.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-mirror-blades

Which blades to get? I need to order.

#204 6 years ago

Anything for Hobbit or WOZ will work with minor alteration to the back. The holes line up perfect for the back box hinge bolts. It will fit tight when you move the playfield up and down but it is worth the end result. In my opinion.

#205 6 years ago

Does this happen to anyone else? If the sim card hole is not lit, you can drop balls in all day long. The moment it's lit, you can't touch it!

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Does this happen to anyone else? If the sim card hole is not lit, you can drop balls in all day long. The moment it's lit, you can't touch it!

That's the magic of pinball. That's me on every game

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

From the upper right flipper, that's a very_ narrow shot. I've had better luck trying for a bank shot from the lower flippers off the left edge of either "ticket" standup.

I've also seen a gratifying number of Big Bang shots that fall directly into the subway.

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

From the upper right flipper, that's a very_ narrow shot. I've had better luck trying for a bank shot from the lower flippers off the left edge of either "ticket" standup.
I've also seen a gratifying number of Big Bang shots that fall directly into the subway.

I tend to bank off the ticket stand up more as well. But, once the insert is lit for the sim card, it's like an invisible barrier blocks it!! I realize it's all in my head.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I tend to bank off the ticket stand up more as well. But, once the insert is lit for the sim card, it's like an invisible barrier blocks it!! I realize it's all in my head.

Well, maybe not _all_ in your head...

On my machine, I was getting a number of SIM shots that bounced away with a metallic "klunk!" A little high-speed-camera investigation revealed that the ball was hitting the edge of the mylar in front of the hole and getting _just_ enough air to bounce back off the leading edge of the metal bracket above and to the left of the hole.

Simple solution: remove the bracket and reinstall with about 1/16" of spacer between the bracket and the playfield. It's _just_ enough to make those "klunk"ers go in.

I can post pix, if anyone needs 'em...

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Well, maybe not all_ in your head...
On my machine, I was getting a number of SIM shots that bounced away with a metallic "klunk!" A little high-speed-camera investigation revealed that the ball was hitting the edge of the mylar in front of the hole and getting just_ enough air to bounce back off the leading edge of the metal bracket above and to the left of the hole.
Simple solution: remove the bracket and reinstall with about 1/16" of spacer between the bracket and the playfield. It's just_ enough to make those "klunk"ers go in.
I can post pix, if anyone needs 'em...

Wow, very interesting. I believe I may need to do this. If you could post pictures that would be great. Also how did you go about testing that your fix worked? Did you take the glass off and "manually" take shots or just see through normal game play? Thanks!

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Sorry dude... ya deserved better
Kudos for not going on a tirade about it. You know it'll get fixed. But the "waiting"... it's the hardest part. Yes I just made that up myself.

Haha I'll make it through somehow
Still working on getting the left orbit to actually orbit but it's a damn fun one alright.

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Which blades to get? I need to order.

Standard WPC mirror blades fit in DI without any modifications required.
IMG_1130 (resized).jpgIMG_1130 (resized).jpg

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Wow, very interesting. I believe I may need to do this. If you could post pictures that would be great. Also how did you go about testing that your fix worked? Did you take the glass off and "manually" take shots or just see through normal game play? Thanks!

Both. I could see the difference on the high-speed very easily, and I haven't heard the KLUNK in two days.

OK, pics and instructions:

1. Using the MOVING TARGET device test option, move QED to the right side of his slot, then turn the machine off.

2. Remove the Station 3 cover. _Possibly_ not necessary, but it makes things easier, and it's only 4 screws.

3. Remove the two _tiny_ screws at the bottom of the left ramp. This should give you enough flexibility to move the ramp to the right, exposing the bracket underneath. Take the bracket off.

2017-08-02 12.08.17 (resized).jpg2017-08-02 12.08.17 (resized).jpg

4. Find something about 1/16" thick to put under the bracket. I used two square nuts that were slightly larger than the bracket screws.

2017-08-02 12.08.35 (resized).jpg2017-08-02 12.08.35 (resized).jpg

5. Reattach the bracket with your spacer(s) underneath.

2017-08-02 12.09.25 (resized).jpg2017-08-02 12.09.25 (resized).jpg

6. Reattach the left ramp and the Station 3 cover.

That's it! From the perspective of the upper right flipper, it now looks like this:

2017-08-02 12.09.38 (resized).jpg2017-08-02 12.09.38 (resized).jpg

Just that little bit of daylight under the bracket seems to make all the difference. Of course, you could remove the bracket and _bend it_, but I prefer reversible mods, if possible; you could also make the spacers higher than 1/16", but you'd need to find longer screws.

#214 6 years ago

So here's a little mini review on my DI experience. I Got to play some DI today on location. After about a half dozen games, based on what I've been reading on pinside, the rules started clicking. Absolutely love this pin in every way! The guys at JJP nailed it. There are a lot of disasters to go through (which is a good thing), but did make getting to Armageddon a long process. At first, I felt the sim letters going away if you dont collect before ball drain was harsh, but it made sense and in the end I really like that rule.

If I had one criticism, I would get away from the extra all candy (I got 3 in this game), seems JJP games give out tons of EBs. I know that can be adjusted in home settings.

Ball times in conjunction with wizard modes seemed fitting at 30 mins to get to showdown. Maybe make the game slightly harder but speed up progression. Not sure how other peoples experiences have been but it was 20-25 mins to get Armageddon, and showdown came right after that as I only had 2 letters left. So maybe some kind of special mode at the 10-15 minute marker to fill the gap? But the modes, multiballs, bob modes really kept my attention and fun factor level up the whole time. Learning how to bypass multiball and get a mode going really helped progression and getting SIM cards.

Big Bang and SIM cards are awesome and very rewarding! It's a very very clever and fun pin. I take back what I said about the lack of excitement. There's plenty of excitement and thrills to be had in this game and they executed it very well.

This game is the real deal. Here's my final score on a 45 min game. Not much to do after showdown, the game did get harder not giving me kick backs, but maybe they need to get real wild with the magnets after showdown almost forcing the game to end.

Only criticism is the long game time. I'm sure this can be adjusted appropriately in a home environment.

Awesome game. Congrats pat, Ted, and JJP. You guys nailed it.

IMG_0475 (resized).JPGIMG_0475 (resized).JPG

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If I had one criticism, I would get away from the extra all candy (I got 3 in this game), seems JJP games give out tons of EBs. I know that can be adjusted in home settings.

Yeah it gives out EB for points so you know that's a bit much!

Modes go pretty fast eh?

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it gives out EB for points so you know that's a bit much!
Modes go pretty fast eh?

Loved the modes. Seemed like I could end a mode with a big bang shot. Loved that!

There were a few times I blew up big bang with all these rewards bUT it didn't give me a final point value for it all. Would be nice to have seen thst or is it there maybe and I miss it?

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Loved the modes. Seemed like I could end a mode with a big bang shot. Loved that!
There were a few times I blew up big bang with all these rewards bUT it didn't give me a final point value for it all. Would be nice to have seen thst or is it there maybe and I miss it?

The big bang either: ends the mode, collects all lit jackpots in MB. Or combination if stacked.
So it isn't a 'smart bomb' grabbing everything lit.

Or if you're specifically asking just aboot points awarded being shown, I'm not sure myself.

#218 6 years ago

Played on location last night got to Armageddon and Showdown, was very impressed, ended up at 7.9 million on the score. Pyramid Scheme up in Grand Rapids is the one I played last night, looking forward to playing it again.

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The big bang either: ends the mode, collects the sim card, collects all lit jackpots in MB. Or combination if stacked.
So it isn't a 'smart bomb' grabbing everything lit.
Or if you're specifically asking just aboot points awarded being shown, I'm not sure myself.

Wait, I'm sorry I think I may be mistaken. I thought the BB collected a lit sim card after a mode but others are saying it does not. I'll check in 23 minutes. "Sorry honey I'm going to have to play a quick game; official business."

Indeed it does not. Well...I'm really at the top of my game aren't I? Quick...to the wishlist thread

#220 6 years ago

Is anyone else having problems with Titan bands on their slingshots? I've had two rip on me within the last week. I'm wondering if the 2" titan bands are just too small for DI's slingshots or if I just happened to get a bad batch.

slingshot (resized).jpgslingshot (resized).jpg

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Same here. Did you try the silicone? Any other ideas?

I eventually used a hot glue gun and had no issues after a several dozen plays.

Quoted from DeeGor:

Is anyone else having problems with Titan bands on their slingshots?

My factory rubbers were really chewed up at the bottom of the slingshots after 500ish plays.

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

My factory rubbers were really chewed up at the bottom of the slingshots after 500ish plays

I'm wondering if 2" rubbers are slightly too small for these slingshots.

#223 6 years ago

I've had the game now for just over a month. Not tired of it at all, and still feel the game is worth every cent! Everyone who has come over and isn't into pinball is drawn to it immediately! Granted it does stand out next to TSSP and WW. But, when our friends bring their kids over they are glued to Dialed In.

#224 6 years ago

I am getting very excited to get ours at the end of month. Just played my buddies CE today and it is definitely fun. My first JJP.

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I am getting very excited to get ours at the end of month. Just played my buddies CE today and it is definitely fun. My first JJP.

The ce are being made allready?

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The ce are being made allready?

It was the LE. Sorry for the confusion.

#227 6 years ago

I swapped out my 2" titans with 2 1/2" bands, and they seem to work just fine.

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I've had the game now for just over a month. Not tired of it at all, and still feel the game is worth every cent! Everyone who has come over and isn't into pinball is drawn to it immediately! Granted it does stand out next to TSSP and WW. But, when our friends bring their kids over they are glued to Dialed In.

I know what u mean. My wife had a few friends come over and we were all going out to dinner. One saw DI and asked, new pin? I told her yes and asked could she try it. Well, we all ended up not going out. Lol. Played for hours.

#229 6 years ago

Just got my DI today.
OMG
It's a Lawlor tribute with all its gimmick and fun shots. So nice to see crazy bob again (with 30pds less and a facelift)
My BM66 looks like an old grand'ma.
This one will stay forever!
Hard not to be a JJP fanboy with all these details and qualities.

Cheers!
Lou

#230 6 years ago

Must do is what another pinsiders did. Changing a bit the angles of crazy bob board. It's not a mod. It should have been this way

IMG_4558 (resized).JPGIMG_4558 (resized).JPG

IMG_4559 (resized).PNGIMG_4559 (resized).PNG

#231 6 years ago

Whoever they have putting those Quantum Theater signs on must be cross eyed. Mines crooked AF also.

#232 6 years ago

I don't know how it got out of factory like that

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Whoever they have putting those Quantum Theater signs on must be cross eyed. Mines crooked AF also.

Mine too - when I take that whole thing off to fix the mylar, I'm going to straighten it.

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Must do is what another pinsiders did. Changing a bit the angles of crazy bob board. It's not a mod. It should have been this way

How did you do this exactly? Does the sign pivot if you loosen the screw in the middle/crack?

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

How did you do this exactly? Does the sign pivot if you loosen the screw in the middle/crack?

I did this:

2017-08-09 23.53.49 (resized).jpg2017-08-09 23.53.49 (resized).jpg

There are three holes in the plastic that the BOB sign is mounted to. The front-most (bottom-most in the pic) I left alone; the bracket that _was_ in the rear-most (top-most) hole is moved to the middle hole. The bracket that _used_ to be in the middle hole is removed, and the bracket at the top of the sign is bent to accommodate the new angle.

I need to cut down the machine screws I used to replace the little black "rivets" on the top bracket.

#236 6 years ago

Well besides my trap door getting stuck in the up position every few games my DILE #117 is flawless. Has anyone opened a trouble ticket on the trap door issue? I hate to disable it in settings, but I don't want to have to lift the playfield every time the trap doors sticks open.

#237 6 years ago

Get some silicone grease and lubricate the pivot point, move the door up and down a few times by operating the mechanism by hand, then after you work it in a bit, add a touch more grease if needed and then the door will drop much more smoothly. This has generally fixed it for those who have opened tickets on the subject.

#238 6 years ago

A question for you owners from a future owner...how's the pin holding up a n the fun department? Long term keeper on this? Super long ball times or pretty reasonable?

I'm about a month out from getting mine. I'm excited but not nearly as pumped up as I am for my TNA. Does Dialed In "kick ass" like owners of GOT think of their pin (which I agree with). Seems like there isn't a ton of excitement about Dialed In. Am I reading this vibe correctly or do people think this is awesome.

Full disclosure. I played Dialed In and TNA more than anything else at SFGE.

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Does Dialed In "kick ass" like owners of GOT think of their pin (which I agree with). Seems like there isn't a ton of excitement about Dialed In.

Well I own both and yes i would say that DI, kicks some asses; but how many asses has yet to be seen.
I'm still learning how to play it and honestly it was kind of kicking me ass at first for some reason; and I just recently started having some good games on it. I'm learning right now what to ignore...like the drones. Do the drones ever give you anything to justify hitting that shot? I'm not so sure. Is the skill shot worth my time? Not so sure. Also trying to learn more ways to light Sim cards through MBs and shiz like that.
Overall it's just a really fun game and it will make you happy playing it. Although draining with a Sim card lit makes me angry. But hey it should be a simple shot to learn you'd think. Haven;t check my cam but in my basement it takes some of the worst images I have seen since a phone flipped.
It seems a little more straight forward than GOT. GOT has it's unique points system so there was a lot to talk aboot there with strategery.

#240 6 years ago

Thinking about dumping one of my watches to go in on a NIB... anybody know how long it takes to get a standard once you place an order? I guess I should ask Joe at PinballSTAR...

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thinking about dumping one of my watches to go in on a NIB... anybody know how long it takes to get a standard once you place an order? I guess I should ask Joe at PinballSTAR...

I thought some standards may be in stock? Let us know the wait time when you find out.

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

A question for you owners from a future owner...how's the pin holding up a n the fun department? Long term keeper on this? Super long ball times or pretty reasonable?

I love Dialed In. It has more plays in less than a week than any other NIB purchase so far.

It's a great change to see a theme adapt to a great playfield layout and set of rules, rather than seeing another pin struggle to adapt to the constraints of a licensed theme.

Great technology on the table (especially the Quantum theater), magnets are awesome and the lighting is the best I have experienced. This is a pure mode-based pin and they are all really diverse and exciting modes.

Good humor and mostly good voice work, the display graphics are great. Very clever use of the main display showing the destruction of the city as you play (much better than static graphics and clips with no progression).

I plan on doing a whole review at some point, but rest assured this really is a quality Lawlor design

My ball times are getting pretty long, but it is still a challenge; I haven't got to any wizard modes after around 100 plays.

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I love Dialed In. It has more plays in less than a week than any other NIB purchase so far.
It's a great change to see a theme adapt to a great playfield layout and set of rules, rather than seeing another pin struggle to adapt to the constraints of a licensed theme.

While i guess it's still an opinion, this seems a really really good thing to point out to those who aren't sold on it yet. The game is FUN

#244 6 years ago

New to pinball. I have The Hobbit and Dialed In and have room for one more pin. From what I understand people consider TH a stop and go game and Dialed In mostly stop and go with a little flow. For variety I suppose I need a true "flow" game. Not many pins in my area to play/try out. What game would you consider to be a good "flow" and would add variety to the other two pins? I am not a fan of the music/band themed pins so those are mostly out.

#246 6 years ago

GOT pro
IronMan
Star Wars

#247 6 years ago

Star Trek, most any Steve Ritchie game.

#248 6 years ago

AFMrLE

#249 6 years ago

Enough with the thread jack please.

Quoted from psexton:

New to pinball...

Fair question, you can make a brand new thread or do some searches in the forum. Not the correct place for this conversation.

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Enough with the thread jack please.

Fair question, you can make a brand new thread or do some searches in the forum. Not the correct place for this conversation.

Understood and I agree. I have just seen others complain when a new thread was created so I wasn't sure whether to start a new thread or not. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.