Topic Stats

• 9,041 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by altan
  • Topic is favorited by 164 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DI CLIP (resized).jpg
DI1 (resized).jpg
DI2 (resized).jpg
DI4 (resized).jpg
69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg
568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg
diflash (resized).jpg
99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg
di-decals-sample (resized).jpg
decals4 (resized).jpg
decals2 (resized).jpg
decals1 (resized).jpg
decals0 (resized).jpg
E7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpeg
20190828_143115 (resized).jpg
20190814_142930 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 9041 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 181.
#2401 1 year ago

Thanks for the support guys! Looking forward to this game room addition, and learning pinball.

8 years playing pool (played in the US Amateur), and sadly no room for a pool table. But I love kinetic shot making sort of games, and really like the technology found in the new tables. So hoping for a new addiction.

#2402 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Thanks for the support guys! Looking forward to this game room addition, and learning pinball.
8 years playing pool (played in the US Amateur), and sadly no room for a pool table. But I love kinetic shot making sort of games, and really like the technology found in the new tables. So hoping for a new addiction.

Awesome! You'll love it, "hoping for a new addiction " soon you will think back to that comment and laugh because you'll have more than 1 pin in a hurry

#2403 1 year ago

this game is clearly a monster drain, isn't it?
and some shot are clearly tough like sim card and vuk shot (don't know why so many shots who seem to be perfect are finally "rejected").
you need to hit the sim card with the ball you play or you loose it for the next.
the ball is really difficult to pass from one flipper bat to the other, really different from stern or B/W.
trying hard but frustrating right now
what are your set up? buble level, outlane, flipper bat..
thanks

#2404 1 year ago

VUK shot will become easier with time, Sim card one is really really hard and rejected for me 50% of the time.
Many many drains also for me... and I'm nudging it but not like it sould for sure.

#2405 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I haven't really found much of that....but then again I owned a GB so it's all relative. Like a lot of Lawlor games that right outlane is a dick though.

#2406 1 year ago

For the SIM card, I realized that the posts on either side of the hole are offset in such a way that it makes the shot more difficult. The lower one is proud of the upper one. This makes a straight shot from the upper flipper extremely difficult. I wonder if these are positioned this way to make the shot harder or if the upper one is set back through necessity to make the middle ramp shot possible.
Just my observation. Carry on.

#2407 1 year ago

and some shot are clearly tough like sim card and vuk shot (don't know why so many shots who seem to be perfect are finally "rejected").
you need to hit the sim card with the ball you play or you loose it for the next.
the ball is really difficult to pass from one flipper bat to the other, really different from stern or B/W.
trying hard but frustrating right now
what are your set up? buble level, outlane, flipper bat..
thanks

There is a setting to carry over the SIM card to the next ball. SIM card shot is pure luck, which is unfortunate because it’s the key to high scoring. rest of my game plays perfect on factory settings, except theater magnet set at -105. Wish sim card shot was more like camera shot on tz.

#2408 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

For the SIM card, I realized that the posts on either side of the hole are offset in such a way that it makes the shot more difficult. The lower one is proud of the upper one. This makes a straight shot from the upper flipper extremely difficult. I wonder if these are positioned this way to make the shot harder or if the upper one is set back through necessity to make the middle ramp shot possible.
Just my observation. Carry on.

Honestly I wish this show was a little easier. I think I'v purposely hit it maybe less than a dozen times in my life with that upper flipper. I never get more than a couple letters into DIALED IN.

#2409 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There is a setting to carry over the SIM card to the next ball. SIM card shot is pure luck, which is unfortunate because it’s the key to high scoring.

That's a bit much. I've had 4 Sims stacked and collected them all. It's hard, becasue it's the key to scoring...makes sense.

#2410 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's a bit much. I've had 4 Sims stacked and collected them all. It's hard, becasue it's the key to scoring...makes sense.

Nope, pure luck on my game and I’m a decent player. Only way it gets into sim hole is an indirect shot/bounce. Most I’ve ever had in a game is 2 or 3. It’s a poorly designed shot. I agree it shouldn’t be easy, which I why I don’t carry it over, but it has to be better than luck.

#2411 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You mean with a single shot you have collect 4 SIM cards that were stacked? Good to know and Happy you succeeded this shot while i guess if I were beside you at this moment I could have learn all English swearings...

#2412 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There is a setting to carry over the SIM card to the next ball. SIM card shot is pure luck, which is unfortunate because it’s the key to high scoring. rest of my game plays perfect on factory settings, except theater magnet set at -105. Wish sim card shot was more like camera shot on tz.

Strange...never get a problem with magnet theater (coming on my left flipper) but in the mod when magnets playfield on i always get one ball straight down in the middle...bye bye to complete the mode!

#2413 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I haven't really found much of that....but then again I owned a GB so it's all relative. Like a lot of Lawlor games that right outlane is a dick though.

Had GB pro and premium and sincerely it is equal...
Left outlane is really draining and it is impossible to hit the lower bob target, so you reactivate kickback by luck

#2414 1 year ago

You mean with a single shot you have collect 4 SIM cards that were stacked? Good to know and Happy you succeeded this shot while i guess if I were beside you at this moment I could have learn all English swearings...

Not in a single shot. But in a single ball it’s possible with repeated SIM card shots.

#2415 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Nope, pure luck on my game and I’m a decent player. Only way it gets into sim hole is an indirect shot/bounce. Most I’ve ever had in a game is 2 or 3. It’s a poorly designed shot.

Well we can agree to disagree on what a "decent" player is Same thing we've all been saying aboot Gem shot for years.

You mean with a single shot you have collect 4 SIM cards that were stacked?

Oh lord no...it makes you earn every goddamn one! You want some real frantic playing try hitting that shot 4 times before the drain and they go away

#2416 1 year ago

The Gem shot is MUCH easier than the sim shot, I can hit the gem shot maybe 1 in 4 or 5 attempts but the sim hole? Thats no better than 1 in 20. Near impossible to hit on purpose/at will. If I've collected 200 sim cards only about 10 of them were direct shots.. If that.

#2417 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Nope, pure luck on my game and I’m a decent player. Only way it gets into sim hole is an indirect shot/bounce. Most I’ve ever had in a game is 2 or 3. It’s a poorly designed shot. I agree it shouldn’t be easy, which I why I don’t carry it over, but it has to be better than luck.

I had a few games where i was nailing the sim shot while going for the ramp lock lol.... must hit it 5 times in a row. Its very late on the upper flipper but is very makeable...

#2418 1 year ago

Hey guys, my DI LE is on the way.

What's the consensus on the stock protectors for the phone scoop and sim card hole on the latest batch of machines? Good enough or do I need to investigate Cliffy alternatives to address it?

Cliffy doesn't list it on his site. If it were a big problem, I would hope it would be a current product for him.

Thanks!

#2419 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

The Gem shot is MUCH easier than the sim shot, I can hit the gem shot maybe 1 in 4 or 5...

How long have we all been shooting the Gem shot...6 years?

#2420 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

What's the consensus on the stock protectors for the phone scoop and sim card hole on the latest batch of machines? Good enough or do I need to investigate Cliffy alternatives to address it?
Cliffy doesn't list it on his site. If it were a big problem, I would hope it would be a current product for him.
Thanks!

Cliffy’s are hyper thin it’s best if you email him. Buy them all and get a t shirt

#2421 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Thanks!

I recently removed the factor protector on the SIM hole because, come on, I can't be that bad to consistently fail that shot. I replaced it with a Cliffy... and guess what? It didn't make any difference. That damn shot is just too hard. The Cliffy does look a lot nicer, though

I don't use a protector on the phone scoop - just used some mylar. It is holding out well so far.

#2422 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Thanks!

I have the factory protectors and I think they work just fine. They definitely protect the scoops from getting chewed up. I have not really used cliffy protectors but hear good things I just really haven’t had a need to change from the JJPs

#2423 1 year ago

Just got to Armageddon for the first time! What a blast!!!

I'm with you guys on the SIM shot though. Wish there was more skill involved to hit it.

Would changing the rubbers to smaller ones help a bit?

#2424 1 year ago

Armageddon? can't collect more than 2 sim cards...
who plays with 5 balls, and keeping sim card shot for next ball?

#2425 1 year ago

Armageddon? can't collect more than 2 sim cards...
who plays with 5 balls, and keeping sim card shot for next ball?

U only got to get threw the modes to see Armageddon.... if u really wanna c it u cld time out the modes but then its not worth much. Showdown is the hard to get to wizard mode.... most ive collected is 4 or 5 letters

#2426 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U only got to get threw the modes to see Armageddon.... if u really wanna c it u cld time out the modes but then its not worth much. Showdown is the hard to get to wizard mode.... most ive collected is 4 or 5 letters

You are right. As SIM card shot is hard, maybe I will set up the game with keeping this shot During all game.

#2427 1 year ago

So, when I reached Armageddon last night, I was so caught in the moment that I didn't even really pay attention to what I was supposed to be shooting at. Is there an "end" to this mode, or is it just racking up points?

I ended the game with about 3.2M (which is almost double my previous GC) and only had 3 SIM cards lit. Seems to me, the shot relies a little too much on luck, and makes getting to Showdown a bit tedious. Almost wish that this shot was smoother (like the camera in TZ) so that going for that wizard mode would be more fun.

#2428 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I recently removed the factor protector on the SIM hole because, come on, I can't be that bad to consistently fail that shot. I replaced it with a Cliffy... and guess what? It didn't make any difference. That damn shot is just too hard. The Cliffy does look a lot nicer, though
I don't use a protector on the phone scoop - just used some mylar. It is holding out well so far.

Yep, no difference in ease of making the shot with cliffy or JJP protectors. I have had them both on there.

#2429 1 year ago

The easiest way to make the sim shot is a bank shot off the left side of the left theater target. I have never made it via the upper flipper. I tried shooting it late off the flipper last night, no luck. I’ll keep trying, but it is the hardest shot I’ve come across in pinball. Used to be the treehouse shot in tspp, which is also a little blind, this is much harder, at least for me.

#2430 1 year ago

Regarding SIM card shot. I’ve played 2 different DI’s.

First did not have any type of scoop protector and I was hitting SIM shot without too much trouble. I blew that game up for 10+ mil and got to showdown.

The second had the JJP protector and the shot seemed to be Much tougher. I was only able to collect a few SIM cards and only able to get as far as Armageddon.

If I owned the game, I’d be very tempted to remove the protector. Have any owners done this and noticed a difference (for the better) with the success of the shot?

#2431 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

First did not have any type of scoop protector and I was hitting SIM shot without too much trouble. I blew that game up for 10+ mil and got to showdown.
The second had the JJP protector and the shot seemed to be Much tougher. I was only able to collect a few SIM cards and only able to get as far as Armageddon.
If I owned the game, I’d be very tempted to remove the protector. Have any owners done this and noticed a difference (for the better) with the success of the shot?

Played mine for a while with no protector and then added it later.... no real difference imo.

#2432 1 year ago

I tell you that shot is a bitch.
I have a Cliffy protector, and have put smaller rubbers on the posts. I also put a piece of magnetic tape on the inside of the VUK to dampen the shot to keep it from bouncing out. I find that it's a little easier with this (almost cheating) setup, but I have a devil of a time making that shot still. Almost never make it off of the upper flipper - always a bank shot or luck.

#2433 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Can’t remove the cliffy protector, my clear was shipping before I put it on. I don’t think it’s the protector, it’s the geometry of the shot and the way the hole is designed.

If anyone can consistently make the shot, I’d love to see a video of it.

#2434 1 year ago

I find the Lawlor shot target harder than SIM...but then again I don;t go for it much

#2435 1 year ago

Such a huge reward for grabbing sim cards. Makes sense that it's so hard with such a huge reward. As a game designer probably a very delicate balance to try to split out the common vs extraordinary game.

Hopefully someone cooks up some mods for the noobs so we can pretend to play. But once this happens, what's the meaning of bragging about high scores?

#2436 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I find the Lawlor shot target harder than SIM...but then again I don;t go for it much

Far harder than a typical Lawlor through the pops shot. Typically if you clear the pops you've made the shot. This one you need to clear extreme right out you still miss the shot.

#2437 1 year ago

I now have about 300 plays on my DILE (so 900+ balls), and I've maybe hit the SIM shot intentionally from the upper flipper 3-4 times. It is insanely hard. I've had both the factory protector and Cliffy on the SIM hole, and I haven't seem any difference. I also changed the rubbers on the two posts near the SIM shot to smaller rubbers with no change in ability to hit it directly from the upper flipper.

I understand and agree that it should be a tough shot, but in my opinion it's tougher than it should be. If you figure on average I've attempted the shot from the upper flipper once per ball (which I would say is fair), that means I am able to hit it once every 300 attempts (or 0.4% of the time). That's just not right.

I absolutely adore this game, but the SIM card shot is my only gripe...

#2438 1 year ago

This is my favorite pin.IMHO the easiest way to get SIM cards is to get multiball going and bank shot it.I played a lot of basketball so the banks are always open!

#2439 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I now have about 300 plays on my DILE (so 900+ balls), and I've maybe hit the SIM shot intentionally from the upper flipper 3-4 times. It is insanely hard. I've had both the factory protector and Cliffy on the SIM hole, and I haven't seem any difference. I also changed the rubbers on the two posts near the SIM shot to smaller rubbers with no change in ability to hit it directly from the upper flipper.
I understand and agree that it should be a tough shot, but in my opinion it's tougher than it should be. If you figure on average I've attempted the shot from the upper flipper once per ball (which I would say is fair), that means I am able to hit it once every 300 attempts (or 0.4% of the time). That's just not right.
I absolutely adore this game, but the SIM card shot is my only gripe...

That is some very low odds there. I almost always have at least 1 shot per game from the upper right flipper. I actually enjoy now trying to bank the SIM shot off of the big bang or theater targets.

#2440 1 year ago

Just started having STDM from the theater. Adjusted the magnet to -60, no effect. Up until the last 20 games, it would nudge the ball after catching it 100% of the time

#2441 1 year ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Just started having STDM from the theater. Adjusted the magnet to -60, no effect. Up until the last 20 games, it would nudge the ball after catching it 100% of the time

It sld throw it back..... turn to -90/-120....

#2442 1 year ago

Anyone know if owners are getting printed repair books like Woz ?

#2443 1 year ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Have you tried the "TEST LAB" setting? Works great on my machine...highly recommend.

snaroff

#2444 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone know if owners are getting printed repair books like Woz ?

Le and ce owners are supposed to......

#2445 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Have you tried the "TEST LAB" setting? Works great on my machine...highly recommend.
snaroff

Dont work well on mine at all

#2446 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

What’s this? Getting my game Friday.

#2448 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I've collected 200 sim cards

That must have been a hell of a game Kev

#2449 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

Test lab and game play results are totally different. Test lab will nudge the ball after release, in gameplay it will go stdm. I even made sure it saved the setting at -60. I'll probably go a bit more towards the negative side as was suggested. Didn't really want the ball to be tossed over to the side flipper which is what happened if I went towards 90

#2450 1 year ago

I am now having theater throw problems too.

When I got my Dialed In 1.5 weeks ago, I adjusted the theater magnet and thought I had the magnet set correctly. It seemed to throw around very well after my initial adjustment to -75. Now, 1.5 weeks later, I was noticing that it grabbed the ball, pulsed and actually threw it downward a bit. (Yes, this was in something like package drop that is supposed to whip it around). I then readjusted with the magnet test and got it working. Then in gameplay, it acted up again. I then tried so many settings during the magnet test with no consistency that the magnet actually stopped working completely for 5 or so minutes. I can only assume that it overheated.

I now have it working that it slowly throws it around but I have no faith that it will work again tomorrow. I am almost afraid to touch the settings. This is really bizarre. Could it be that my magnet is overheating and affecting the performance with gameplay? I have a call into Frank but I am completely puzzled as to why I would see such varied and inconsistent behavior.

I was told in another thread it could be due to the Mylar still over the magnet and I need to cut it out. I looked at it and it does appear to be bubbling and cracking a bit around the magnet but not terribly. Could that really be causing this kind of inconsistency?

If so, what is the best way to remove. I read that taking magnet out from underneath playfield is the easiest.

Other than that I just have cosmetic issues. Game came with shattered lightning bolt, disconnected BOB sign (plastic connectors broken) and scratched glass right above BOB. JJP is taking care of those.

Love the game and SIM is a pain but we have all made it with a direct upper flipper shot. But definitely not a consistent and reputable performance.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Lee, NEW JERSEY
$ 9,000.00
$ 21.00
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 9041 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 181.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside