IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 273.
#2351 6 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

I was having the same problem a lot of others were having with the ball bouncing out of the left ramp exit.

Anyone curious to the exact cause I've illustrated the issue. The top (ball stopping) part of the wireform on the "bad" ones is parallel or worse slightly further toward the player than the bottom (ball dropping) part. This causes the ball to ramp upwards and go flying. I've illustrated (poorly) the part that is angled in on the newer correct wireforms, which causes the ball to immediately collapse down through the hole. You'll see on his original direct overhead shot a few posts up how the top is clearly further towards the player than the bottom. This is the manufacturing error.

Fixing this is not a matter of just bending that thin piece I'm pointing the arrow at so the top is before the bottom, since these pieces are connected at other thicker points along the way. But if you have access to tools that allow you to make this happen, you'll have fixed the issue.

On proper wireforms, the ball should NOT bounce back at all when it hits the end of the wireform, it should immediately drop down.

f46f9c2dab58bac33578d87c1e6c787c07975aa5 (resized).jpgf46f9c2dab58bac33578d87c1e6c787c07975aa5 (resized).jpg

#2352 6 years ago

I have the same issue and it’s driving crazy. If anyone has a fix, I’d love to know about it.

#2353 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Anyone curious to the exact cause I've illustrated the issue. The top (ball stopping) part of the wireform on the "bad" ones is parallel or worse slightly further toward the player than the bottom (ball dropping) part. This causes the ball to ramp upwards and go flying. I've illustrated (poorly) the part that is angled in on the newer correct wireforms, which causes the ball to immediately collapse down through the hole. You'll see on his original direct overhead shot a few posts up how the top is clearly further towards the player than the bottom. This is the manufacturing error.
Fixing this is not a matter of just bending that thin piece I'm pointing the arrow at so the top is before the bottom, since these pieces are connected at other thicker points along the way. But if you have access to tools that allow you to make this happen, you'll have fixed the issue.
On proper wireforms, the ball should NOT bounce back at all when it hits the end of the wireform, it should immediately drop down.

Since those are just spot welded, bending the end risks breaking the little vertical support.

#2354 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

That's why they are going to start sending out those hideous plastic shells. I personally would rather just have the correct wireform, but it does not seem that they're going that route.

#2355 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The Titan rubbers I installed are so bouncy that when the diverter is down and the ball is traveling fairly quickly, the ball bounces off the upper PF into the Skill shot

I thought that was part of the intent - to give you the possibility of feeding the upper flipper. It's obviously not just a "go to the pops" thing because the's just one small hole.

#2356 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

That's why they are going to start sending out those hideous plastic shells.

Yes, that's was I was thinking too, so I went ahead and just made a smaller, less noticeable one with wire. I may try and print a small piece of plastic to 'snap' on the top portion to extended it back a little, something even smaller and easier than the formed wire method.

#2357 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I thought that was part of the intent - to give you the possibility of feeding the upper flipper. It's obviously not just a "go to the pops" thing because the's just one small hole.

Depends on what the intent of the "Skill Shot" slot is. Before the Titans, the ball rarely traveled from the upper PF to the "Skill Shot". After the Titans, it often ends up in the "Skill Shot".

If the intent is to make more use of the "Skill shot", then mission accomplished I originally thought the skill shot was more like the "secret passage" on WH20...rarely hit after the initial plunge. Or like some of Jpops sneaky locks...

Not a big deal, just surprised the new rubbers reduced the randomness considerably. No doubt the more bouncy behavior provides for more upper flipper opportunities (like hitting the side ramp and SIM Card slot).

snaroff

#2358 6 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

Yes, that's was I was thinking too, so I went ahead and just made a smaller, less noticeable one with wire. I may try and print a small piece of plastic to 'snap' on the top portion to extended it back a little, something even smaller and easier than the formed wire method.

I do like the wire solution.

However, as the owner of a hideous plastic shell, I can tell you that in person, you literally don't see it. Not because your eye isn't looking there, but because it's so clear and so well integrated, it's practically like invisiglass. The picture I took is intentionally up close so you can see the edges and lines of it...

May as well have JJP send you a free one to decide for yourself...

#2359 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

However, as the owner of a hideous plastic shell, I can tell you that in person, you literally don't see it. Not because your eye isn't looking there, but because it's so clear and so well integrated, it's practically like invisiglass. The picture I took is intentionally up close so you can see the edges and lines of it.

That's amazing, I can't even see the picture.

#2360 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Hi!
Could somebody please provide a picture of the wire that goes into the connector on the motherboard highlighted in the picture (its a picture of the CPU-unit in the backbox and its right bottom corner).
I have had to dismantle my dialed in in order to be able to carry it downstairs and it seems that orientation of the wire connected to this connector was not documented.

These are ones for had saved from the Pin Stadium install instructions. Does this help?

F7EB2A40-DA7C-4471-8E77-B38C2677CBAB (resized).jpegF7EB2A40-DA7C-4471-8E77-B38C2677CBAB (resized).jpeg

6DAE7176-6542-4D86-97D4-545088B907C2 (resized).jpeg6DAE7176-6542-4D86-97D4-545088B907C2 (resized).jpeg

A9705D8F-36B9-4A5D-A3B9-D9CB65078E11 (resized).jpegA9705D8F-36B9-4A5D-A3B9-D9CB65078E11 (resized).jpeg

950A0FBE-F630-4220-A71B-7DF76641910D (resized).jpeg950A0FBE-F630-4220-A71B-7DF76641910D (resized).jpeg

07C4F466-567A-4BE2-A5FA-794157CEDC5E (resized).jpeg07C4F466-567A-4BE2-A5FA-794157CEDC5E (resized).jpeg

#2361 6 years ago

The more I look at my pics it doesn’t seem like they will help as you are looking for the connections behind this metal area? PM me and I can see if I can take a pic of that if you have not figured it out already.

FEC06907-CA02-4472-9497-DCB0A90EF130 (resized).jpegFEC06907-CA02-4472-9497-DCB0A90EF130 (resized).jpeg

#2362 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The more I look at my pics it doesn’t seem like they will help as you are looking for the connections behind this metal area? PM me and I can see if I can take a pic of that if you have not figured it out already.

Thanks! I found the right orientation, since there was a pin missing in the connector and I found out that correspondingly no wire went to the corresponding connector to be attached there. However, there must be now some other reason for my headphones not working - it must be the other connector near the coin door then, I will investigate.

#2363 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thanks! I found the right orientation, since there was a pin missing in the connector and I found out that correspondingly no wire went to the corresponding connector to be attached there. However, there must be now some other reason for my headphones not working - it must be the other connector near the coin door then, I will investigate.

Okay let me know.

#2364 6 years ago

Just added a post/poll based on some of the wireform discussion in this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-wireform-design

snaroff

#2365 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just added a post/poll based on some of the wireform discussion in this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-wireform-design
snaroff

The issues in your poll have been so frustrating for me!

#2366 6 years ago

Has anyone had a problem with the screen on the phone go black/off during game play. I've noticed that mine will flicker off for a second or two and then come back on, and then sometimes go completely black (or off). It comes back on if I reboot the game or if I unplug and plug back in the power to the phone screen (from under the playfield). I've checked the video connectors at the PC and on the phone, and they are screwed in tight. I don't recall seeing anything about that in this thread and I'll send a support ticket to JJP, but figure someone here may know what the problem is.

IMG_6682 (resized).JPGIMG_6682 (resized).JPG

#2367 6 years ago

I've heard a lot of people mention that the proper way to set up DI is to put all of the levellers in. But tonight I was downloading the 1.52 Delta, and stumbled on the Quick Start Guide by accident, and noticed this in the corner.

There were also some people saying that JJP does not suggest how to level it, and that PL had mentioned the ideal setup at some point. I think this pretty much shows that likes most games, 6.5 degrees is ideal, and you can't do that with the legs all in.

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 10.24.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-01-09 at 10.24.24 PM (resized).png

#2368 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I've heard a lot of people mention that the proper way to set up DI is to put all of the levellers in. But tonight I was downloading the 1.52 Delta, and stumbled on the Quick Start Guide by accident, and noticed this in the corner.
There were also some people saying that JJP does not suggest how to level it, and that PL had mentioned the ideal setup at some point. I think this pretty much shows that likes most games, 6.5 degrees is ideal, and you can't do that with the legs all in.

Mine was at 6.5 with legs in..... i like it at 7 tho and my bubble is at the third line.....

#2369 6 years ago

Remove the phone and open it carefully, we had some people with loose screws in the phone.
Also remove and replug the video cable.

#2370 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

This is completely wrong. Legs ask the way in will give you approx 6.5 degrees. In reality all legs even we'll do the same, just changing the overall height. JJP relocated the bolt holes to make this their new standard. It was talked about at the reveal, it's on their setup video also.

#2371 6 years ago

I also have been having the occasional phone screen issues ever since the last update.......hmmmm everything connected good sooooooo...

#2372 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

It was talked about at the reveal, it's on their setup video also.

Once again 95% of owners never watched the reveal. A high percentage won't watch the 90 minute set up video. I'D say put it on the Damn set up paper on the machine... But a high percentage will probably toss 8t without reading it

#2373 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Once again 95% of owners never watched the reveal. A high percentage won't watch the 90 minute set up video. I'D say put it on the Damn set up paper on the machine... But a high percentage will probably toss 8t without reading it

Exactly, it don't matter if they put the info out there, most people will just ignore it and then bitch about the missing info.

#2374 6 years ago

Hi there,
Is there a pic of the plastic that prevents air ball in end of left ramp?
My issue is I loose one ball of 2 when I hit left ramp.
Certainly too much speed but I need to make left loop shot.
A buddy advertises me to open a ticket as JJP made that plastic protector.
Thanks

Édit: i forgot I get another issue.
When turn on, it says issue on trap door. But when I test, it works and during game too. WTF?

#2375 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi there,
Is there a pic of the plastic that prevents air ball in end of left ramp?
My issue is I loose one ball of 2 when I hit left ramp.
Certainly too much speed but I need to make left loop shot.
A buddy advertises me to open a ticket as JJP made that plastic protector.
Thanks
Édit: i forgot I get another issue.
When turn on, it says issue on trap door. But when I test, it works and during game too. WTF?

Yes, open a ticket with JJP. I've had issues with my left wireform as well and finally adjusted it to perfection about the time of your post

Since each machine is unique, I can't guarantee my adjustments will solve your problem, but it's worth your time to check it out. Good luck and let me know if you need any help.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-wireform-design/page/2#post-4169029

snaroff

#2376 6 years ago

thanks
i will try but i guess it also depends on the slope of the playfield
factory set up, i was really to slow for me so i raise it. no sure what you done will work for me

#2377 6 years ago

Wireform cover... Hoping the replacement ramp will resolve the issue, but if not, I guess I'll have to install this.

IMG_20180111_111206 (resized).jpgIMG_20180111_111206 (resized).jpg

#2378 6 years ago

It doesn't happen very often, but does anyone have a fix for the ball dropping into the cabinet through the Bob door?

Thanks!

#2379 6 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

It doesn't happen very often, but does anyone have a fix for the ball dropping into the cabinet through the Bob door?

#2380 6 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

Grab the bracket around the coil and give it a gentle yank towards the front of the playfield.

LTG : )

#2381 6 years ago

Hi,
I made a wireform, airball issue is resolved.
I try now to set my machine, coil power and I need to know the right ball moves
In factory set up, I couldn’t make left ramp by backhand whatever the power. So I set up flipper bats slightly upper.
When you hit left loop, does the ball is supposed to go to upper right flipper?
When the trap door is supposed to open? When the bob insert is lit/flashing?

#2382 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Grab the bracket around the coil and give it a gentle yank towards the front of the playfield.

Thanks, I'm not quite sure I understand, the ball doesn't get stuck, it falls into the cabinet, there is a large space that the ball can go through into cabinet instead of dropping into the habitrail, it almost looks like there should have been something there to keep it from dropping out.

#2383 6 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

I'm not quite sure I understand,

Pretty simple. Grab bracket and bend towards front of game. No more balls dropping into cabinet.

Worked on my game. But what do I know ?

#2384 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
I made a wireform, airball issue is resolved.
I try now to set my machine, coil power and I need to know the right ball moves
In factory set up, I couldn’t make left ramp by backhand whatever the power. So I set up flipper bats slightly upper.
When you hit left loop, does the ball is supposed to go to upper right flipper?
When the trap door is supposed to open? When the bob insert is lit/flashing?

When you hit the left loop, it can land in the pops or sail around to the upper flipper. Depends on how hard you nail it. Can also sneak into the skill shot.

The trap door opens when you complete "Bob" and one of the lights on the "Visit Bob" signage is lit/flashing.

Can you post a photo of your wireform? Curious.

snaroff

#2385 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pretty simple. Grab bracket and bend towards front of game. No more balls dropping into cabinet.
Worked on my game. But what do I know ?

Ah ok, I'll give it a try tonight!

Thank you!

#2386 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

When you hit the left loop, it can land in the pops or sail around to the upper flipper. Depends on how hard you nail it. Can also sneak into the skill shot.
The trap door opens when you complete "Bob" and one of the lights on the "Visit Bob" signage is lit/flashing.
Can you post a photo of your wireform? Curious.
snaroff

Here is a pic, it is just temporary solution until I found a better and longer one. But, right now no airball
I was wondering if my trap door was really working properly as when I started a game it says I need to check test report and so the trap door device malfunctioned. I test it and it seems to work ( it opens and releases when Ordering).
So you complete bob targets ( kickback activated) and one light go visit bob signage is lightening? Then the trap door opens? How is lit the bob insert in the left loop?
Thanks

Édit: when the lights above the glass panel in the background are lit?

E789E206-8284-4B17-8782-EDF78227C5C3 (resized).jpegE789E206-8284-4B17-8782-EDF78227C5C3 (resized).jpeg

#2387 6 years ago

well, i know now why trap door didn't work and why i didn't understand bob shot
i had one wire loose and the release metal plate loose. now it works properly

IMG_3987 (resized).JPGIMG_3987 (resized).JPG

#2388 6 years ago

I know I've missed it somewhere.

We just got a DI standard at Portal and I'm almost 100% positive when I got the game the magnet almost always grabbed the ball and threw it on around the orbit after it was held a moment to the upper flipper. Giving you a side ramp shot. Now after a couple weeks it never does this behavior and actually the ball just sticks to it and we have to give it a subtle shake and it comes straight down. Sometime down the middle. The game will actually go into a ball search often because newer players dont know its stuck. It seems the mylar over the magnet is buckling up a bit and causing this issue. Are you all removing the mylar off the magnets? I notice the drone area is kind of doing it too. I just really like the magnet throwing it around for the upper flipper shot and now its like meh... its stuck shake it and try and save.

Overall though I absolutely love this game. It's my favorite of all the games I have.

#2389 6 years ago
Quoted from Portal_Pinball:

I know I've missed it somewhere.
We just got a DI standard at Portal and I'm almost 100% positive when I got the game the magnet almost always grabbed the ball and threw it on around the orbit after it was held a moment to the upper flipper. Giving you a side ramp shot. Now after a couple weeks it never does this behavior and actually the ball just sticks to it and we have to give it a subtle shake and it comes straight down. Sometime down the middle. The game will actually go into a ball search often because newer players dont know its stuck. It seems the mylar over the magnet is buckling up a bit and causing this issue. Are you all removing the mylar off the magnets? I notice the drone area is kind of doing it too. I just really like the magnet throwing it around for the upper flipper shot and now its like meh... its stuck shake it and try and save.
Overall though I absolutely love this game. It's my favorite of all the games I have.

Yep the mylar sld be cut around magnets or it will cause issues

#2390 6 years ago

Why is the ball suddenly hanging up/hitting the QED Guy lightning bolt in my game? It hits it when the guy is all the way to the right while rolling down the upper wireform. Any ideas/fixes for that? I swear this is new...

#2391 6 years ago

Check to see if the lightening he is holding is flipped. It is not symmetrical and will hit balls on that ramp if installed backwards.

#2392 6 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Why is the ball suddenly hanging up/hitting the QED Guy lightning bolt in my game? It hits it when the guy is all the way to the right while rolling down the upper wireform. Any ideas/fixes for that? I swear this is new...

Yep I had mine flipped too... Honestly I kind of liked it. If they used it in the code and QED only went that far right when he eats needed to screw with your ball it would be funny

#2393 6 years ago

Oh wow! Ok I will check that out.

#2394 6 years ago

I might just be a horrible player, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to make the SIM card shot. The only time I ever make the shot is from the ball bouncing off of something else and getting the shot by blind luck. I can make the side ramp shot all day, but can never seem to make the SIM card shot from the upper flipper. Is there something I am missing, or is it just a nearly impossible shot?

#2395 6 years ago

The SIM card shot I make from the very inside of the flipper, the very end of the flipper....or you can bank it off the sides of the two stand up targets up there. It’s tough to hit it consistently though for sure.

#2396 6 years ago

Very tough shot partially because it is a blind shot the scoop resides under the ramp. I have made it rarely by using the upper flipper. It seems to bounce into the scoop a lot but usually not when it is lit or when I need it too. The game is amazing and fun. Watching videos of it people make it look pretty easy but it is quite challenging because you need to make specific shots when you are prompted to before the mode ends. Just like most games the more practice you get the better you become and then you start to see the real genius behind this game.

#2397 6 years ago

After much agony flipping between machines I've settled in on a DI LE as my first pin.

Just looking around trying to find the best place to buy. I'm in NorCal, but happy to have it shipped. Is it best to order direct from JJP, or a particular dealer I should look to?

Thanks...

#2398 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

After much agony flipping between machines I've settled in on a DI LE as my first pin.
Just looking around trying to find the best place to buy. I'm in NorCal, but happy to have it shipped. Is it best to order direct from JJP, or a particular dealer I should look to?
Thanks...

Unfortunately, i don't see I distributor directly in your area, so your options are to find whomever you feel comfortable with. No matter whom you go with (distributor or direct) you will get the same great service from JJP. As a distributor here is what i have to offer.

Free shipping for US Armed Forces Vet
Double your factory warranty
available "after hours" and weekends for support

#2399 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Thanks...

Pinballstar!

#2400 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Thanks...

Congrats on the decision it is a fantastic pin you won’t regret the purchase JJp is making the best pins around right now and Dialed In is amazing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/48?hl=n80g80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.