IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 273.
#2301 6 years ago

You guys rock. Thanks so much.

#2302 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

A bit untrue. All 90s B/W manuals that I've seen recommend 6.5 degrees.
Right now my digital level shows 6.3 degrees between the slings, yet it sits just above the second but bubble line.

It's completely true, all games are leveled at 0. Slope depends on the game and as stated most have a slope they were designed at.

#2303 6 years ago

Hi!

Could somebody please provide a picture of the wire that goes into the connector on the motherboard highlighted in the picture (its a picture of the CPU-unit in the backbox and its right bottom corner).

I have had to dismantle my dialed in in order to be able to carry it downstairs and it seems that orientation of the wire connected to this connector was not documented.

Connector (resized).JPGConnector (resized).JPG

#2304 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Hi!
Could somebody please provide a picture of the wire that goes into the connector on the motherboard highlighted in the picture (its a picture of the CPU-unit in the backbox and its right bottom corner).
I have had to dismantle my dialed in in order to be able to carry it downstairs and it seems that orientation of the wire connected to this connector was not documented.

That is the internal audio connector to connect a front panel audio on a normal PC. I do not believe it is connected in a DI but can be mistaken. If there is a cable for it you can easily recognise it because the connector is keyed. If you look closely, there is one pin missing. On the connector there will be no hole in that same place.

#2305 6 years ago

The Titan rubbers I installed are so bouncy that when the diverter is down and the ball is traveling fairly quickly, the ball bounces off the upper PF into the Skill Shot area ~50-70% of the time (path shown in the photo below). Are other folks experiencing this? Seems like changing the angle of the double rubber divider is one potential solution for keeping the ball on the upper PF. Would be interesting to hear what patl thinks

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 1.29.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-01-03 at 1.29.21 PM (resized).png

#2306 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

That is the internal audio connector to connect a front panel audio on a normal PC. I do not believe it is connected in a DI but can be mistaken. If there is a cable for it you can easily recognise it because the connector is keyed. If you look closely, there is one pin missing. On the connector there will be no hole in that same place.

Thanks, but to me it seemed that the connector had the holes in each slot and it was not keyed. I have to use my eyeglasses tomorrow after we have carried it downstairs and look more closely. I have to say this JJP had many more connectors to remove in comparison to Hobbit for example. It almost felt like a WPC95-machine connectorwise!

#2307 6 years ago

On a further note, I have playfield protector in place and it seems that that I had to put -130 as a value for the theatre magnet for it to work properly.

Also there is now the bob trap door defect. Using grease had been proposed, but also the adjusting of the smaller coil. I have to see how I could bend the small metal piece relating to the small coil to be able to adjust it. I guess it is just a matter of using select brute force techniques!

#2308 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thanks, but to me it seemed that the connector had the holes in each slot and it was not keyed. I have to use my eyeglasses tomorrow after we have carried it downstairs and look more closely. I have to say this JJP had many more connectors to remove in comparison to Hobbit for example. It almost felt like a WPC95-machine connectorwise!

I had the same trouble (it was the one connector I didn't take a picture of), and it is not keyed. I had to trace the wires to the front of the cabinet to make sure they were even audio.

I believe the black wires go off to the right as seen on your picture, but I'll check when I get home.

#2309 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

I had the same trouble (it was the one connector I didn't take a picture of), and it is not keyed. I had to trace the wires to the front of the cabinet to make sure they were even audio.
I believe the black wires go off to the right as seen on your picture, but I'll check when I get home.

If you can take a pic, that would be brilliant!

#2310 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Hi!

That connector is keyed. If you look closely, you can see on the left side one pin is missing. That should correspond to the connector with one hole plugged. If none of the holes are plugged on the connector, look for the one that is missing a wire and that one will line up with that pin that's missing so you know you have it connected properly.

#2311 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I didn't see anyone else reply to this one. The October 2016 in the price badge and the Expo 2016 badge on the one handed out at Expo. Is there a prize?
I'm kind of interested that the comic is numbered as #1. Will there be more comics?

No prize, but there's one more difference. While it would be fun to create another comic, and I even have a rough outline of what it would contain, there won't be another.
--Ted

#2312 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The Titan rubbers I installed are so bouncy that when the diverter is down and the ball is traveling fairly quickly, the ball bounces off the upper PF into the Skill Shot area ~50-70% of the time (path shown in the photo below). Are other folks experiencing this?

I experience this with the factory rubber. But it should be noted JJP changed their rubber material a few months after production began. The original rubber had virtually no bounce to it and the ball would just die after hitting the diverter and roll down off the mini playfield. The new rubber has much more bounce.

#2313 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I experience this with the factory rubber. But it should be noted JJP changed their rubber material a few months after production began. The original rubber had virtually no bounce to it and the ball would just die after hitting the diverter and roll down off the mini playfield. The new rubber has much more bounce.

Anyone know when to source the rubber they're using on these games? Like many of you, my game was covered in dust out of the box, and rubbers are already looking rough. Probably going to change them out soon, but not sure what rubbers JJP is using. Doesn't feel like the standard stuff I buy from Pinball Life.

#2314 6 years ago

Quality build!

#2315 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The Titan rubbers I installed are so bouncy that when the diverter is down and the ball is traveling fairly quickly, the ball bounces off the upper PF into the Skill Shot area ~50-70% of the time (path shown in the photo below). Are other folks experiencing this? Seems like changing the angle of the double rubber divider is one potential solution for keeping the ball on the upper PF. Would be interesting to hear what patl thinks

That's left open as another exit.

#2316 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone know when to source the rubber they're using on these games? Like many of you, my game was covered in dust out of the box, and rubbers are already looking rough. Probably going to change them out soon, but not sure what rubbers JJP is using. Doesn't feel like the standard stuff I buy from Pinball Life.

They are using titans rubber (silicone) now. You can thank a well known person for that upgrade.

#2317 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

That's left open as another exit.

Understood, but my point is it exits the top/left 50-70% of the time now, which doesn't seem right to me.

With the original rubber, the upper PF was much more random and less dominated by the top/left exit.

What rubber are you using? Original, Titan, or something else...

snaroff

#2318 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Understood, but my point is it exits the top/left 50-70% of the time now, which doesn't seem right to me.
With the original rubber, the upper PF was much more random and less dominated by the top/left exit.
What rubber are you using? Original, Titan, or something else...
snaroff

Factory original rubber, which is titan at least back to September builds. Mine does not go that much to the top, it goes there on really hard shots only. Why would you find it a negative for it to go to the safest exit, and the one that lines you up for the upper ramp and SIM hole from the upper flipper?

#2319 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Factory original rubber, which is titan at least back to September builds. Mine does not go that much to the top, it goes there on really hard shots only. Why would you find it a negative for it to go to the safest exit, and the one that lines you up for the upper ramp and SIM hole from the upper flipper?

My build date is 6/13, so it definitely had the old, non-bouncy rubber.

It's a negative because I usually hit the ramp pretty hard and the ball ends up spending almost 0 time on the upper PF (50-70% of the time). In most of the cases, it slips into the skill shot slot IIRC.

I could take a video which may be more compelling than my description, but I don't want to take the time. Not that important. Minor compared to the STDM drains I still get when playing EMP strike.

snaroff

#2320 6 years ago

Just joined and very happy. Game worked pretty well out of the box. Just needed to adjust the stop for releasing Crazy Bobs trap door.

IMG_6641 (resized).JPGIMG_6641 (resized).JPG

IMG_6644 (resized).JPGIMG_6644 (resized).JPG

IMG_6638 (resized).JPGIMG_6638 (resized).JPG

IMG_6662 (resized).JPGIMG_6662 (resized).JPG

#2321 6 years ago

Just realized I'm missing the shaker during game play. Works in test. Is there a setting that I'm missing or is it infrequently used in the game?

#2322 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Just realized I'm missing the shaker during game play. Works in test. Is there a setting that I'm missing or is it infrequently used in the game?

Its used a fair amount.... maybe turn it up a little?

#2323 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My build date is 6/13, so it definitely had the old, non-bouncy rubber.
It's a negative because I usually hit the ramp pretty hard and the ball ends up spending almost 0 time on the upper PF (50-70% of the time). In most of the cases, it slips into the skill shot slot IIRC.
I could take a video which may be more compelling than my description, but I don't want to take the time. Not that important. Minor compared to the STDM drains I still get when playing EMP strike.
snaroff

I don't get your issue, the ball spends very little time on a passive mini PF that has no scoring switches so there's no reason for it to remain up there.

#2324 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its used a fair amount.... maybe turn it up a little?

Yep -- turned up a bit and noticed it. Just too engaged in the gameplay with the first few games.

#2325 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Yep -- turned up a bit and noticed it. Just too engaged in the gameplay with the first few games.

Yep totally.... put mine on medium and big difference from stock settings....

#2326 6 years ago

After the updated to 1.5x, did the extra ball handouts change? Before upgrading, I was pretty frequently getting 2 extra balls in a game, and since, I've only ever earned 1.

Extra balls definitely would help get me to Armageddon, but have no idea how they're earned.

#2327 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Just realized I'm missing the shaker during game play.....

I thought the same thing. Found out mine wasn't actually plugged in.

#2328 6 years ago

JJP still aren't setting the trap door up correctly after all the reports? .

#2329 6 years ago

Build quality!

#2330 6 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

I thought the same thing. Found out mine wasn't actually plugged in.

#2331 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

After the updated to 1.5x, did the extra ball handouts change? Before upgrading, I was pretty frequently getting 2 extra balls in a game, and since, I've only ever earned 1.
Extra balls definitely would help get me to Armageddon, but have no idea how they're earned.

Anyone?

#2332 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Combo eb was changed to 35 instead of 25.... also u get a,extra ball after starting 3 modes.

#2333 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

JJP still aren't setting the trap door up correctly after all the reports? .

With so many reports, it did make finding the problem (and solution) pretty easy.

#2334 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Combo eb was changed to 35 instead of 25.... also u get a,extra ball after starting 3 modes.

What's the best way to rack up combos?

And is it only 2 extras balls awarded?

#2335 6 years ago

When the ball goes over the QED guy's rail slot, does the ball make a tiny jump in your game?
In mine it does, but it might be because of the playfield protector.

#2336 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

When the ball goes over the QED guy's rail slot, does the ball make a tiny jump in your game?

Not mine.

#2337 6 years ago

Also reports from people with playfield protectors would be nice to get!

#2338 6 years ago

The old default gave you an extra ball for passing 250 or 300K score. They turned that off by default now.

#2339 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

In mine it does, but it might be because of the playfield protector.

Doesn't here.

#2340 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

The old default gave you an extra ball for passing 250 or 300K score. They turned that off by default now.

I noticed that. So one way to get an extra ball is to start three modes. The other way is to do combos. But how do you do that exactly?

#2341 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I noticed that. So one way to get an extra ball is to start three modes. The other way is to do combos. But how do you do that exactly?

Chain together ramp shots is the easiest way.

#2342 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Not noticeable on mine, but the ball does sometimes gets caught in the groove against the QED dude and we have to wait for it to cycle to push it up against the post to free it up. (Game is at 6.7 degrees) That happens once in about 5 games.

#2343 6 years ago

Thanks for the input regarding jumps/QED guy. I presume that everyone above doesn't have a playfield protector in use. It would be good to hear comment regarding jumbs/QED guy rail from someone with the protector as I suspect it being the reason for this.

#2344 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thanks for the input regarding jumps/QED guy. I presume that everyone above doesn't have a playfield protector in use. It would be good to hear comment regarding jumbs/QED guy rail from someone with the protector as I suspect it being the reason for this.

I have the playfield protector and have issues with jumps on the QED guy and tons of air balls off everything. I've played four or five other games on location and none had this issue (the ball gets stuck on the QED guy track too only on my game, and behind the right flipper). Hopefully I'll be removing mine soon, waste of money nobody should get one.

#2345 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

...waste of money nobody should get one.

Yeah it's a bit much.

#2346 6 years ago

I was having the same problem a lot of others were having with the ball bouncing out of the left ramp exit. I decided to make a small wire form to keep it from bouncing out. It was easy to make, and it does a great job!

I used a push rod (size .08") from some old rc parts I had laying around. Any thin rigid steel rod should work though.

Another nice thing is that it's less noticeable!

img_4 (resized).jpgimg_4 (resized).jpg

img_3 (resized).jpgimg_3 (resized).jpg

img_1 (resized).jpgimg_1 (resized).jpg

img_2 (resized).jpgimg_2 (resized).jpg

#2347 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I have the playfield protector and have issues with jumps on the QED guy and tons of air balls off everything. I've played four or five other games on location and none had this issue (the ball gets stuck on the QED guy track too only on my game, and behind the right flipper). Hopefully I'll be removing mine soon, waste of money nobody should get one.

Thanks for the info. It seems that the culprit is the protector then!

#2348 6 years ago

nice touch with the emojis on the standups

#2349 6 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

I was having the same problem a lot of others were having with the ball bouncing out of the left ramp exit. I decided to make a small wire form to keep it from bouncing out. It was easy to make, and it does a great job!

Very nicely done. I looks 'stock' to my eye

#2350 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I cut ours off in chunks, the thing was awful. It look warped in a couple spots and misaligned, it clearly stuck up in a few spots were it shouldn't have, I mean should it stick up anywhere? Ball got stuck behind that right flipper constantly, in public play, and that's a pain. There was also some kind of white dust all over in a few spots trapped under it. Thumbs up to our distributor for refunding me the cost of it anyhow.

Game looks and plays a lot better without it, anyhow and have had zero issues besides the trap door grease thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/47?hl=silverwings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.