IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 273.
#2251 6 years ago

I finally got mine on Friday. A minimally used one in excellent condition. Awesomely fun game! I went to put the cliffys on it and I noticed that a couple of posts were loose. So while I was putting the cliffys on I decided to change out the rings to Titans and give it a coat of wax.. I cannot believe how many loose parts were on this machine. I've never seen anything like it. It's all good now and I'm glad that I realized it before I really started playing the shit out it.

#2252 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Has anyone done the BOB Sign + Spider Mod Combo?
Basically, remove the right part of the BOB sign, angle the main BOB sign to actually face the player. Then remove the spider from it's location blocking the left ramp sign and place it right above the spider stand up target. Last, fill in the hole in the ramp sign with the black plug you removed from the BOB sign.
Was going to do this last night but surprised I hadn't read about anyone else doing it yet. Is the spider problematic in that spot? Curious as to why it wasn't put there to begin with since it has nothing to do with the ramp.

Here is what it looks like on mine. I did put black electrical tape over the 3 bob lights because the new led's washed them out completely.

DImod2.jpgDImod2.jpg

DImod1.jpgDImod1.jpg

#2253 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

One of the most satisfying shots in pinball is to hit Big Bang to complete a mode and the ball bounces into the SIM hole.

And one of the most frustrating is lighting Big Bang then shooting for the scoop to start the mode but missing and having it bounce into the Big Bang Target.

#2254 6 years ago

Is there an adjustment for the lockdown bar? I am having trouble getting the handle to move to the right. If I leave the glass out and push down hard on the bar I can get it to latch. I loosened the bolts on the receiver that is bolted to the front of the cabinet and there really wasn't any play to move it higher. I wanted to check here before taking a file to the notch in the bar itself.

#2255 6 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

Is there an adjustment for the lockdown bar? I am having trouble getting the handle to move to the right. If I leave the glass out and push down hard on the bar I can get it to latch. I loosened the bolts on the receiver that is bolted to the front of the cabinet and there really wasn't any play to move it higher. I wanted to check here before taking a file to the notch in the bar itself.

On top of the receiver there are two copper screws to adjust the height of the latching bar. With that you should be able to adjust so it latches.

I prefer to adjust them so that I need to press down on the lockbar to be able to push the lever to the right, so the lockbar does not move too much.

#2256 6 years ago

I unboxed my game yesterday and today for some reason the start button mech broke away and I cannot get it to snap into its holster anymore. Here's a youtube-video about the problem:

I submitted a ticket to JJP about it. Meanwhile, is there anything I could do to fix this?

I have a spare start button from my Monster Bash, but the parts are not interchangeable. Would it work if I replaced the whole mechanism with it (button, mech holster, bulb, switch)? There are some spikes on the start button backside though, so I would have to file them away.

Thanks for any info!

#2257 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I unboxed my game yesterday and today for some reason the start button mech broke away and I cannot get it to snap into its holster anymore. Here's a youtube-video about the problem: » YouTube video
I submitted a ticket to JJP about it. Meanwhile, is there anything I could do to fix this?
I have a spare start button from my Monster Bash, but the parts are not interchangeable. Would it work if I replaced the whole mechanism with it (button, mech holster, bulb, switch)? There are some spikes on the start button backside though, so I would have to file them away.
Thanks for any info!

Try taking the bulb out. Sometimes if the bulb is too high, the start button won't snap together right.

#2258 6 years ago

After much wiggling and selected brute force techniques, I got it to stick so that it now seems to work ok again.

#2259 6 years ago

Is there a way to restart a game after the first ball is played, like on B/W games where you just hold down start?

Also, I think someone mentioned you could use Chaos in QC to help complete a mode, but not sure how since it automatically starts after completing the 6th mode.

#2260 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is there a way to restart a game after the first ball is played, like on B/W games where you just hold down start?
Also, I think someone mentioned you could use Chaos in QC to help complete a mode, but not sure how since it automatically starts after completing the 6th mode.

SYSTEM SETTINGS->GENERAL->GAME RESTART

(Set it to something other than "NEVER")

#2261 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I've owned B/W pins for years and never knew about this feature. Does it have to be enabled like for DI? I'd check mine, but the herd is in another location...

snaroff

#2262 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've owned B/W pins for years and never knew about this feature. Does it have to be enabled like for DI? I'd check mine, but the herd is in another location...
snaroff

Default on B/W is on (might be set to "SLOW" meaning you have to hold start for a bit), so it should work unless the settings were changed.

#2263 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Default on B/W is on (might be set to "SLOW" meaning you have to hold start for a bit), so it should work unless the settings were changed.

Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

Bally/Williams games originally had no setting control this. On Ball 2 and later, hitting START would restart a game. In mid-1992, an adjustment was added to control the behavior. It had three settings: "NEVER", "SLOW", and "INSTANTLY". Default was "SLOW".

#2264 6 years ago

In what JJP documentation does it tell us the recommended leveling for this game. Doesn't seem to be in the online manual, although they does mention a torpedo level as a required set up took.

#2265 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

In what JJP documentation does it tell us the recommended leveling for this game. Doesn't seem to be in the online manual, although they does mention a torpedo level as a required set up took.

All modern pins are designed for the standard 6.5 slope.... but are adjustable to your personal liking. I perfer mine less floaty so 7.0-7.5 is where i put my pins.

#2266 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

No game tells you what to level it at. You level all games at 0 that's a side to side thing. Many games, DI included recommend a particular slope.page a4 tells you how to slope it, all levelers full in, page a7 says how to level it. (Version 1 and 2 manuals)

#2267 6 years ago

I am having a problem with my new Dialed In. The flipper/start/menu buttons are not working. I cant get the game to start although it did work for a couple hours originally. I have reseated the connectors on the PCB a dozen times and any other connectors floating in the head plus the couple that are near the transformer in the bottom cab. I checked the ground to all the buttons and its good.I am starting to think its on the board but dont know...... JJP has yet to respond to my emails for the last week and I am pretty much losing my patience after daily trying to get it started and losing hope. Do any of you have a suggestion?

#2268 6 years ago
Quoted from Robo1:

I am having a problem with my new Dialed In. The flipper/start/menu buttons are not working. I cant get the game to start although it did work for a couple hours originally. I have reseated the connectors on the PCB a dozen times and any other connectors floating in the head plus the couple that are near the transformer in the bottom cab. I checked the ground to all the buttons and its good.I am starting to think its on the board but dont know...... JJP has yet to respond to my emails for the last week and I am pretty much losing my patience after daily trying to get it started and losing hope. Do any of you have a suggestion?

Don't lose hope! Did you purchase the game through a local distributor? If so, maybe they can help. Surprised JJP hasn't responded...could be related to the holiday and new year? Don't know what JJP email you are using...I contact Steve or Frank directly. Here are their email addresses: [email protected], [email protected]. Try contacting them in a few hours...

snaroff

#2269 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Curious, do you have "SIM Card Lit Memory" set to "YES"? ("NO" is the default)

It's not my machine, so I have no input to what the settings are. I play them as they stand.

However, I do know that SIM card memory is ON. The ONLY other change to the settings is extra ball turned OFF for reaching 250,000 (and all subsequent pts values) an extra ball has to be earned by lighting it elsewhere (combos, BOB, etc.). Reaching the score threshold awards "light Special", which then only gives you an extra credit as you drain - not a great deal of use on a game set to Free Play.

The game is set to 3 balls, has JJ hole protectors on, and all of the slingshots, pop bumpers are finely tuned. The outlanes are also set wide.

That particular game, by the time I had completed 4 modes on my first ball, and collected the SIM cards for them, I concentrated on lighting Big Bang, before starting a mode. I also lit a SIM card from one of the mini-multiballs (QED, I think). Was so pi$$ed off when I drained only needing to start one more mode to get to Armageddon. That will be my next focus.

PS
(Why is it that if a player gets a good score - the instant reaction from others is that it's set easy, or on 5 balls, or glass off?
Could it not just be that the player who posted the score is in fact a) a very good player & b) had a great game? Or is it really too hard to believe that there are players out there who are better than you?)
Rant over.

#2270 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

It's not my machine, so I have no input to what the settings are. I play them as they stand.
However, I do know that SIM card memory is ON. The ONLY other change to the settings is extra ball turned OFF for reaching 250,000 (and all subsequent pts values) an extra ball has to be earned by lighting it elsewhere (combos, BOB, etc.). Reaching the score threshold awards "light Special", which then only gives you an extra credit as you drain - not a great deal of use on a game set to Free Play.
The game is set to 3 balls, has JJ hole protectors on, and all of the slingshots, pop bumpers are finely tuned. The outlanes are also set wide.
That particular game, by the time I had completed 4 modes on my first ball, and collected the SIM cards for them, I concentrated on lighting Big Bang, before starting a mode. I also lit a SIM card from one of the mini-multiballs (QED, I think). Was so pi$$ed off when I drained only needing to start one more mode to get to Armageddon. That will be my next focus.
PS
(Why is it that if a player gets a good score - the instant reaction from others is that it's set easy, or on 5 balls, or glass off?
Could it not just be that the player who posted the score is in fact a) a very good player & b) had a great game? Or is it really too hard to believe that there are players out there who are better than you?)
Rant over.

I asked a simple/relevant question, so hopefully your PS/Rant isn't directed at me Fact is, the game settings have a huge impact on reaching certain objectives. When SIM card memory is off (the default), it's clearly a tougher game.

FWIW, I've played in tournaments with some top ranked players in LA/Florida and I am keenly aware there are better players than myself! I mostly play for fun...even when I'm playing in tournaments. Playing pinball competitively is a totally different mindset.

In any event, thanks for the response. Still a great score, but kind of glad SIM car memory was ON Spelling "Dialed In" with the default "OFF" setting is inconceivable to me.

snaroff

#2271 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I asked a simple/relevant question, so hopefully your PS/Rant isn't directed at me Fact is, the game settings have a huge impact on reaching certain objectives. When SIM card memory is off (the default), it's clearly a tougher game.
FWIW, I've played in tournaments with some top ranked players in LA/Florida and I am keenly aware there are better players than myself! I mostly play for fun...even when I'm playing in tournaments. Playing pinball competitively is a totally different mindset.
In any event, thanks for the response. Still a great score, but kind of glad SIM car memory was ON Spelling "Dialed In" with the default "OFF" setting is inconceivable to me.
snaroff

No, the 'rant', which I thought was quite mild and constrained, wasn't aimed at you at all.

But there were quite a few comments beneath yours which either implicitly, or explicitly, stated that the game must be on easy to get that score as I can't get that.

I see comments like this quite often on pinside, and it just winds me up!

#2272 6 years ago

Thank you Snarof! I just wrote them and hope to get a response soon.

#2273 6 years ago
Quoted from Robo1:

Thank you Snarof! I just wrote them and hope to get a response soon.

You're much better off calling to be honest. Their communication is incredible from what i've experienced

#2274 6 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Bally/Williams games originally had no setting control this. On Ball 2 and later, hitting START would restart a game. In mid-1992, an adjustment was added to control the behavior. It had three settings: "NEVER", "SLOW", and "INSTANTLY". Default was "SLOW".

I thought it was pretty clever that you JJP guys allow restarts on Ball 1 if the start button is held in rather than pushed (which would add a player). Good stuff. Now if you can just speed up the hold-flippers-to-skip-bonus.

#2275 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

When you lock the first ball, new ball pops out and the phone is ringing for MB. Hit both flippers and it will turn the MB "off," allowing you to start a mode first and then the phone will ring to start MB with the mode running.
Or yes staring any mode and then starting any MB. Generally you'd want to do this with the harder modes with more shots. And of course sometimes you try to get any MB started if you have a couple+ SIM cards lit.

So I tried this yesterday several times and couldn't get it to work. What's the trick? Does it have to be enabled in settings?

snaroff

#2276 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

So I tried this yesterday several times and couldn't get it to work. What's the trick? Does it have to be enabled in settings?
snaroff

Lock a ball and then look at the phone, it should say "hit flippers to cancel/postpone multiball" I don't think you have to enable anything for this to work. As far as I know, even with the new code, you can only do this once per game.

#2277 6 years ago

Frog tape

3F32AB5E-04EA-4B7B-8FE7-2C5B5ECA3CB4 (resized).jpeg3F32AB5E-04EA-4B7B-8FE7-2C5B5ECA3CB4 (resized).jpeg

#2278 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Lock a ball and then look at the phone, it should say "hit flippers to cancel/postpone multiball" I don't think you have to enable anything for this to work. As far as I know, even with the new code, you can only do this once per game.

Got it. I guess you need to do the double flipper hit while the message is displayed (which isn't that long). I was able to do it multiple times IIRC...

snaroff

#2279 6 years ago

The one setup 'option' that I think makes a ton of difference; however, no one ever seems to talk about it, is the flipper angle. I swear, a difference of only a couple degrees makes a huge difference in your ability to catch and cradle. Maybe, it's just me but I'll play a game with a different angle and it will play markedly different. I admit to being tempted to increase the angle on my DI a tad, but just can't make myself do it.

#2280 6 years ago

This is maybe a question for check_switch_26 -- what is it that "unlocks" disaster apps to be available on the phone? The game always starts with the same four or five, but I'm wondering what the mechanism is that makes the other disasters available? Score? QED hits? Time? Cosmic rays?

Anyone know?

#2281 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

This is maybe a question for check_switch_26 -- what is it that "unlocks" disaster apps to be available on the phone? The game always starts with the same four or five, but I'm wondering what the mechanism is that makes the other disasters available? Score? QED hits? Time? Cosmic rays?
Anyone know?

I believe it's the number of sim cards collected ' your phone has been upgraded to level 2 ' etc....

#2282 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I believe it's the number of sim cards collected ' your phone has been upgraded to level 2 ' etc....

Not quite what I'm asking, as you can access all disaster modes without completing any, and therefore collecting no SIM cards.... just wondering what it is that gives you access to some less common disasters, like Tidal Wave, which is never one of the first ones available...

#2283 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

This is maybe a question for check_switch_26 -- what is it that "unlocks" disaster apps to be available on the phone?

It's pretty simple, actually. Play disaster modes to enable the other ones. The modes are in tiers, but shuffled around a bit randomly each game. The idea is that some of the modes are more likely to happen only when you are deeper in, and having a "good" game. Also, we wanted some of the foreground damage in the city to be more likely to happen before the background damage so that you can actually see it.
--Ted

#2284 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

No game tells you what to level it at. You level all games at 0 that's a side to side thing. Many games, DI included recommend a particular slope.page a4 tells you how to slope it, all levelers full in, page a7 says how to level it. (Version 1 and 2 manuals)

A bit untrue. All 90s B/W manuals that I've seen recommend 6.5 degrees.

Right now my digital level shows 6.3 degrees between the slings, yet it sits just above the second but bubble line.

#2285 6 years ago

It's pretty simple, actually. Play disaster modes to enable the other ones. The modes are in tiers, but shuffled around a bit randomly each game. The idea is that some of the modes are more likely to happen only when you are deeper in, and having a "good" game. Also, we wanted some of the foreground damage in the city to be more likely to happen before the background damage so that you can actually see it.
--Ted

Thanks Ted!

#2286 6 years ago

Also, I think I've sorted out and dialed in every issue (and I had loads!) but one thing I can't seem to figure out is this damn theatre.

It's not even really the magnet. It's the positioning I think. If I shoot a ball into theater and it doesn't pass all the way through, and roll back out, it's 90% down the middle.

I've had so many games shaping up to be great that get absolutely ruined by this.

Anyone know what I can do?

#2287 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Also, I think I've sorted out and dialed in every issue (and I had loads!) but one thing I can't seem to figure out is this damn theatre.
It's not even really the magnet. It's the positioning I think. If I shoot a ball into theater and it doesn't pass all the way through, and roll back out, it's 90% down the middle.
I've had so many games shaping up to be great that get absolutely ruined by this.

Nudge

#2288 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Don;t be a victim of the machine and nudge the damn thing.

Or do a search. Sarnoff I believe has a ton of posts on this,.

#2289 6 years ago

Oh trust me, I'm nudging like a mofo! But it still is very difficult to save.

#2290 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Oh trust me, I'm nudging like a mofo! But it still is very difficult to save.

Did you try this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/40#post-4119516

#2291 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I don't see the problem with draining if you miss the shot. So many Steve Ritchie ramps are designed to drain if the ramp shot doesn't make it all the way up and dribbles down. From my perspective, that's pinball! Miss the shot and get punished.

The magnet is another story...if you make the shot and the magnet catches it, the ball should not drain. Plenty of discussion on this elsewhere.

snaroff

#2292 6 years ago

Oh sorry this is not magnet related?...yeah shit bro you gotta hit that shot not miss it

#2293 6 years ago

Yup....Earthshaker, Tidal Wave, and Sinkholes seem to be the last tier of modes. Ironically, they are easier to complete than most others.

Regarding the city damage, I've been playing this game for 4+ months and have no idea if the city is supposed to get destroyed or supposed to be "saved" - am I the only one?

#2294 6 years ago

Installing my cliffy's and changing out the rubbers at the same time. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the mini playfield. I'm sure it's something simple and I'll feel like an idiot when someone here tells me.

Anyway, how do I remove the mini-playfield. I just looked through the user manual, but couldn't find anything helpful.

Thanks!

#2295 6 years ago

two screws one on the left pop, one on the lower right, just have to remove the spot lamp and it pops right off!

#2296 6 years ago

Thanks libtech ....knew it'd be something simple!

#2297 6 years ago

- The comic book included with the games is slightly different from the one given out at Expo 2016. I'll leave it up to someone else to discover the difference(s).

I didn't see anyone else reply to this one. The October 2016 in the price badge and the Expo 2016 badge on the one handed out at Expo. Is there a prize?

I'm kind of interested that the comic is numbered as #1. Will there be more comics?

Scan (resized).jpgScan (resized).jpg

#2298 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Thanks libtech ....knew it'd be something simple!

Take a look at the instructions on the JJP site for installing their clumsy Lawlor protectors.

It's a pretty good step-by-step guide.

And be careful when tightening the scoop protectors. Too much and you'll bend the edges.

Also make sure you have the new version of the phone scoop protector. The older one sort of impedes the ball eject.

#2299 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Installing my cliffy's and changing out the rubbers at the same time. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the mini playfield. I'm sure it's something simple and I'll feel like an idiot when someone here tells me.
Anyway, how do I remove the mini-playfield. I just looked through the user manual, but couldn't find anything helpful.
Thanks!

I put a coat of wax on mine as well while doing the cliffys and rubbers.

#2300 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

two screws one on the left pop, one on the lower right, just have to remove the spot lamp and it pops right off!

AD6E7F97-AA47-4663-8732-28248099383D (resized).jpegAD6E7F97-AA47-4663-8732-28248099383D (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 22.50
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/46?hl=tryton1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.