IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 273.
#2151 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So between slings the reading should be 6.5? Which would be the third bubble line on my game.

Which is why you'll always hear "never trust the bubble."

#2152 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Which is why you'll always hear "never trust the bubble."

There's a lot of stuff I don't trust. I guess I'll add the bubble to my list!

#2153 6 years ago

Interrupting this thread for a special news announcement: DILE #997 has arrived! Incredible machine...there's no other words to describe it!

IMG_4821 (resized).JPGIMG_4821 (resized).JPG

IMG_4825 (resized).JPGIMG_4825 (resized).JPG

IMG_4689 (resized).JPGIMG_4689 (resized).JPG

IMG_4797 (resized).JPGIMG_4797 (resized).JPG

IMG_4812 (resized).JPGIMG_4812 (resized).JPG

#2154 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Interrupting this thread for a special news announcement: DILE #997 has arrived! Incredible machine...there's no other words to describe it!

Congrats!

Is that your GC of 4.7 Mil?

If so, and you just got the game, then I am convinced I suck balls at pinball! hahaha

#2155 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Congrats!
If so, and you just got the game, then I am convinced I suck balls at pinball! hahaha

Yes sir it is! I've figured out the scoring rather quickly...took around 50 games. Can't wait to go crush some long standing high scores at sunshine laundromat and Jackbar in Brooklyn soon (provided flipper power is up to snuff)!

#2156 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Congrats!

Every pin plays different and is set up different.... played a few dile and mine is by far the most difficult. I have it at 7.0 with magnets set to medium . Also kickback set more difficult and harder to get extra balls. U cant compare scores on different pins since all are different .

#2157 6 years ago

After a rigorous battle, I beat the game! Went to showdown, and what a blast it was! It reminded me of RTU on AFM. Very cool, and I can't wait to do it again! Next time it will be extra difficult setting

IMG_4840 (resized).JPGIMG_4840 (resized).JPG
IMG_4841 (resized).JPGIMG_4841 (resized).JPG
IMG_4842 (resized).JPGIMG_4842 (resized).JPG

#2158 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

After a rigorous battle, I beat the game! Went to showdown, and what a blast it was! It reminded me of RTU on AFM. Very cool, and I can't wait to do it again! Next time it will be extra difficult setting

Awesome! Question for you, was this a new machine from the factory, or was this from a previous owner? If this was a new Factory delivery, would you mind if I ask a few questions...
Any issues at all? Did it come with the updated code, or did you have to upload? Did your pf come with the new plastic at the end of the left wireform designed to keep balls from flying out? Has that been helpful at all, and how does it look in person? The pfs are all coming now with the JJP scoop protectors, how have they been to play with at the SIM card hole and phone scoop? Any issues in making those shots, and has their thickness been obstructive to you? Have you had any issues with the trap door at the BOB Target? When you looked under the pf, did it look like the adjustment tab on the trapdoor mechanism was sticking up, or are they bending it down now? Thanks in advance!! ...and Merry Christmas!!!

#2159 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Awesome! Question for you, was this a new machine from the factory, or was this from a previous owner? If this was a new Factory delivery, would you mind if I ask a few questions...
Any issues at all? Did it come .....

I received mine on 12/21 with a 12/5 production date and I have put over 100 games on it so far. It came with code version 1.52. The only issue was the connector for the start switch had come off in shipping and I had to snap it back on. I do not have the plastic at the end of the left wire form. I am not sure why it would be there, I have not had any issues with the ball not following the wire form. The playfield protector under the clock is a bit too thick and does cause the ball to hit it and reject - I have a set of Cliffy's on order. This is an awesome game, so glad I cancelled my GotG order and bought DI instead.

#2160 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

When you looked under the pf, did it look like the adjustment tab on the trapdoor mechanism was sticking up, or are they bending it down now?

I received mine a couple of weeks ago. The tab is sticking straight up; however, I've not had any issues with the trap door, so I have not bent it down

#2161 6 years ago

Just had family over x mas eve. Everyone loved Di. The comments were just how fun the game was....the game is a blast.

#2162 6 years ago

For about the last week I've been having a bit of an issue with my phone screen. It started since updating to 1.52, but I don't know if that is just a coincidence. I think I saw this discussed somewhere before, but I couldn't find the thread.

Occasionally my phone screen looks washed out - like the brightness or contrast or something is cranked up too high. Sometimes a reboot of the machine fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. Once, I opened the backbox while the game was on, removed the VGA connected, and reconnected and that fixed it (obviously I don't want to have to do this all the time). I also notice that when the game is booting up and I see the "Auto config" screen on the phone screen, that always looks fine, but it still sometimes has the washed out/messed up coloration look when the boot is finished.

Any thoughts/ideas? Do I need to contact JJP on this one?

Thanks!

#2163 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Occasionally my phone screen looks washed out - like the brightness or contrast or something is cranked up too high. Do I need to contact JJP on this one?

Yes, I have the same issue and you'll need a new screen.

#2164 6 years ago

My phone screen keeps blanking since 1.52 not sure if it's 1.52 or its the screen.

#2165 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

For about the last week I've been having a bit of an issue with my phone screen.

Same here, same symptoms. I have a ticket in since Dec 15, waiting to hear back.

#2166 6 years ago

Thanks everyone. I just sent a support ticket in to JJP.

#2167 6 years ago

The ribbon cable connecting the phone monitor to the board that controls it could be bad. There have been a few bad ones. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the monitor itself is bad.

#2168 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

After a rigorous battle, I beat the game!

I'm curious to know how long that game took

#2169 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

For about the last week I've been having a bit of an issue with my phone screen. It started since updating to 1.52, but I don't know if that is just a coincidence. I think I saw this discussed somewhere before, but I couldn't find the thread.
Occasionally my phone screen looks washed out - like the brightness or contrast or something is cranked up too high. Sometimes a reboot of the machine fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. Once, I opened the backbox while the game was on, removed the VGA connected, and reconnected and that fixed it (obviously I don't want to have to do this all the time). I also notice that when the game is booting up and I see the "Auto config" screen on the phone screen, that always looks fine, but it still sometimes has the washed out/messed up coloration look when the boot is finished.
Any thoughts/ideas? Do I need to contact JJP on this one?
Thanks!

This exact same thing is happening on my machine. Every few games the phone screen becomes oversaturated so you can hardly see the animations and the fonts and icons become hard to read. Occasionally the screen has ended up looking like it's in negative with really overpowering colour and impossible to read. Then a few days ago, screen went totally off mid game. Reboot always seems to fix at least initially so trying to imagine how that would be compatible with a loose cable? Never had anything other than 1.52 installed, so not sure if that's the cause. The effect is similar to that which you see when VGA cable is partially connected to a PowerPoint beamer although cables are firmly attached. What i would say is there seems to be a sudden rash of these issues cropping up in this forum and pinball info in UK all at the same time. Would dodgy screens all fail at once or is it software updates causing it?

#2170 6 years ago

Hello! I'm not sure if this is an adjustment or something, but it seems like the voice audio during disasters is very very low, is this normal?

Thanks for any help!

#2171 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_mutha:

Hello! I'm not sure if this is an adjustment or something, but it seems like the voice audio during disasters is very very low, is this normal?
Thanks for any help!

Haven't experienced any of the above issues. I'm currently running 1.52, and my production date is dec 1. Only thing I had happen was the left opto on the theater fell out of the housing. The right side apparently had the same issue and was hot glued before leaving the factory. Really minor stuff thankfully.

#2172 6 years ago

Thanks for any help!

Which voices? The characters on the phone? If those are the only voices that are low, then you may have an issue with your right channel. Those voices are processed to mainly come out the right-hand side, since the phone is on the right of the game.

Go into Sound Test (Diagnostics->Full Menu->Tests->Sound Test), and play the left & right channel test sounds to check things out.
--Ted

#2173 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Haven't experienced any of the above issues. I'm currently running 1.52, and my production date is dec 1. Only thing I had happen was the left opto on the theater fell out of the housing. The right side apparently had the same issue and was hot glued before leaving the factory. Really minor stuff thankfully.

I had the same issue with my opto as well! I put a piece of tape over it to hold it in place.

#2174 6 years ago

Try reseating this board. It isnt secured except for the connector which is... crazy.

20171226_200540 (resized).jpg20171226_200540 (resized).jpg

#2175 6 years ago

I reseated the board and both connectors, doesn’t fix the issue.

Haven’t tried a new cable - not exactly many VGA cables around the house like the old days!

#2176 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Haven’t tried a new cable - not exactly many VGA cables around the house like the old days!

Haha you probabably had like 20 of them for years and finally threw them out!

#2177 6 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Which voices? The characters on the phone? If those are the only voices that are low, then you may have an issue with your right channel. Those voices are processed to mainly come out the right-hand side, since the phone is on the right of the game.

Go into Sound Test (Diagnostics->Full Menu->Tests->Sound Test), and play the left & right channel test sounds to check things out.
--Ted

Ok, I did a sound test and nothing was coming out the right speaker, I opened the back panel and wiggled the right RCA connector and it came back on, so it was just a bad connection.

Thanks for the help!

#2178 6 years ago

Ok, I did a sound test and nothing was coming out the right speaker, I opened the back panel and wiggled the right RCA connector and it came back on, so it was just a bad connection.
Thanks for the help!

Glad to help. Even more glad you can get back to enjoying your game.
--Ted

#2179 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

That's insane! You just got the game! Man, I don't think I'll be reaching Showdown ever!

I've been 3-4 calls away from Armageddon, but that's as close as it gets!

#2180 6 years ago

Hey guys, this may be a dumb question- I recently updated to 1.52 and I can’t seem to locate the setting to change the magnets strength in menu settings.
Where in the menu is this located? I would like to change them to medium strength.

Also, like others have experienced, since I upgraded to 1.52, my theatre magnet is definitely tougher to get dialed in. At -90, I had it perfectly tossing the ball up into the upper right corner to the upper flipper, now it’s been less predictable. I think it’s just going to take more tinkering in theatre magnet settings.

#2181 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

and I can’t seem to locate the setting to change the magnets strength in menu settings.

Settings - Devices

LTG : )

#2182 6 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

This exact same thing is happening on my machine. Every few games the phone screen becomes oversaturated so you can hardly see the animations and the fonts and icons become hard to read. Occasionally the screen has ended up looking like it's in negative with really overpowering colour and impossible to read. Then a few days ago, screen went totally off mid game. Reboot always seems to fix at least initially so trying to imagine how that would be compatible with a loose cable? Never had anything other than 1.52 installed, so not sure if that's the cause. The effect is similar to that which you see when VGA cable is partially connected to a PowerPoint beamer although cables are firmly attached. What i would say is there seems to be a sudden rash of these issues cropping up in this forum and pinball info in UK all at the same time. Would dodgy screens all fail at once or is it software updates causing it?

I had the exact same issue with mine. It looked washed out at startup every time. (not since new, but a couple months in). I found that if I disconnected and then reconnected the cable at the computer end which was easy to get at, while the machine was on, the screen would look good again until next reboot. They sent me a new cable and video board which did not fix the problem, so they then sent me a new screen. It was back-ordered for a couple weeks but then came and that fixed it. Love my Dialed in..

#2183 6 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

My phone screen keeps blanking since 1.52 not sure if it's 1.52 or its the screen.

My DI has a build date of 12/5 and my phone screen has been going black every other day or so. Pulled apart the phone a couple of times and reseated the cables to the board inside, as well as the other end of the VGA cable in the backbox. It fixed it twice or so, but then the phone would go black after a few games again. This morning pulled the phone completely apart again, and figured out while reassembling that the VGA cable might be bad. If I bend it one way underneath the phone, it will fix the screen, but bend it back and the screen goes black again. The LCD screen is good, because when I disconnect the VGA cable, I get a blue screen and "VGA" displayed, but when the VGA cable is connected, it goes blank again.

I have the VGA cable bent a certain way and it's been good all day, but I assume one of the wires inside the cable has a break in it and only makes contact when the cable is bent in just the right way.

#2184 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Hey guys, this may be a dumb question- I recently updated to 1.52 and I can’t seem to locate the setting to change the magnets strength in menu settings.
Where in the menu is this located? I would like to change them to medium strength.
Also, like others have experienced, since I upgraded to 1.52, my theatre magnet is definitely tougher to get dialed in. At -90, I had it perfectly tossing the ball up into the upper right corner to the upper flipper, now it’s been less predictable. I think it’s just going to take more tinkering in theatre magnet settings.

Diagnostics->Full Menu->Settings->Game Settings

Look beneath UNDER ATTACK MULTIBALL for "Multiball Magnet Behavior". Note that is affects the magnets during regular multiball only. The settings behave as follows:

setting MB1 MB2 MB3 MB4+
EASY: off/soft soft soft/hard hard
MED: soft soft/hard hard hard
DIFF: hard hard hard hard

So, for example, on EASY, the magnets are OFF at the start of the first multiball, then start pulsing softly. For second multiball, the magnets pulse softly the entire time. For third multiball, they start off soft and switch to harder pulses. And for fourth multiball, the magnets pulse hard the entire time.

As far as adjusting the theater magnet, that code should not have changed in 1.52.

--Ted

#2185 6 years ago

New DI SE owner here with 12/5 build date. Awesome game. No complaints. Only issue so far was left opto fell out of position and its housing. Fixed with hot glue.

Thanks to everyone on the design team for their great work on this.

-Ned

#2186 6 years ago

Ted, thanks for explaining how to change the magnet behavior during multi-ball.
Is there any setting to change the general magnets behavior, (not just the theatre magnet), during regular ball non multi-ball play?
Much appreciated!

#2187 6 years ago

The mode start animations not playing properly on the phone needs fixing. Previous posts in this thread have suggested not all animations are in there yet and there's more to come but I'm pretty sure I've seen them all run properly, seems it's just 50/50 whether they load and run or just display a static image.

Do the mode start animations run 100% of the time for anyone?

#2188 6 years ago

Not 100% for me too.
Maybe due to the call outs.

#2189 6 years ago

I am still having the left ramp problem. If the ball doesn't bounce off of the ramp it hits the end of the ramp and goes back up the ramp a an inch or two. I have watched videos of many other DI's and I see the ball drop in the hole as soon as it gets there. Mine is playable but really frustrating. I have leveled, tweaked and tried every other trick I have seen people post about without a resolution. I know at least one person with the same problem is getting a new wire form ramp to correct this problem. Should I submit a ticket and contact JJP about this? I do not want to "bend" it to fix it.

#2190 6 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

I am still having the left ramp problem. If the ball doesn't bounce off of the ramp it hits the end of the ramp and goes back up the ramp a an inch or two. I have watched videos of many other DI's and I see the ball drop in the hole as soon as it gets there. Mine is playable but really frustrating. I have leveled, tweaked and tried every other trick I have seen people post about without a resolution. I know at least one person with the same problem is getting a new wire form ramp to correct this problem. Should I submit a ticket and contact JJP about this? I do not want to "bend" it to fix it.

Mine hits and almost always bounces up some and maybe rolls up the ramp a bit. It then falls through as it should. Now, on occasion, it bounces up and over the slings as a drain. I've contacted JJP about the plastic that is supposed to prevent this. I'm unclear what your issue is with it rolling back up a tad. Does it not fall through the hole like it should?

#2191 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Mine hits and almost always bounces up some and maybe rolls up the ramp a bit. It then falls through as it should. Now, on occasion, it bounces up and over the slings as a drain. I've contacted JJP about the plastic that is supposed to prevent this. I'm unclear what your issue is with it rolling back up a tad. Does it not fall through the hole like it should?

sometimes it bounces off completely and the rest of the time it hits the end and bounces back up the wireform and then falls through as it should. That just doesn't seem right to me. I watched as many videos as I could of other machines and I am not seeing that happen. It did not happen on the machines I played at shows either.

#2192 6 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

sometimes it bounces off completely and the rest of the time it hits the end and bounces back up the wireform and then falls through as it should. That just doesn't seem right to me. I watched as many videos as I could of other machines and I am not seeing that happen. It did not happen on the machines I played at shows either.

Don't know if it will help, but see my post #41 in the following thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-bounces-out-of-the-ramp-in-dialed-in#post-4134502

After making the adjustment, my ball hasn't bounced off once (and I've played a fair number of games). It does, however bounce back up the wireform and eventually falls through when the ball is traveling *very* fast. If it bounced all the time, it would be really annoying. Fortunately, the ball is typically traveling at a speed the ramp is better equipped to handle.

Would be great if JJP came up with a 100% solution, but for now the wireform is working pretty well for me. Making the very minor adjustment in the above thread helped a lot. Having the ball bounce off completely isn't good!

snaroff

#2193 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

The mode start animations not playing properly on the phone needs fixing. Previous posts in this thread have suggested not all animations are in there yet and there's more to come but I'm pretty sure I've seen them all run properly, seems it's just 50/50 whether they load and run or just display a static image.
Do the mode start animations run 100% of the time for anyone?

A bunch of the phone call voice clips do not have animations. When we have time to create the animations, they will be put in.
--Ted

#2194 6 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

A bunch of the phone call voice clips do not have animations. When we have time to create the animations, they will be put in.
--Ted

Thanks, that's good to know.

#2195 6 years ago

Is anyone else's Betty arm slow to move down? When I start the game and the motor test happens, the arm will move up, but then not fall down when the motor turns that way. Eventually, it will start to move, but sometimes her arm sticks up a bit.

Any adjustments I could check to free up movement?

#2196 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Any adjustments I could check to free up movement?

See if the springs are still on it below the playfield. Check drawing in the manual to see how it's assembled.

May need cleaning or a little lube in the tube the shaft goes up and down in.

#2197 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

See if the springs are still on it below the playfield. Check drawing in the manual to see how it's assembled.
May need cleaning or a little lube in the tube the shaft goes up and down in.

The piece that looks like a small leg leveller may have lose.

As LTG mentioned, look at the drawing, and ensure everything looks right. Mine had come lose and was often too high as it rotated.

#2198 6 years ago

Thank you LTG and Damien - will check those things out.

#2199 6 years ago

Has anyone done the BOB Sign + Spider Mod Combo?

Basically, remove the right part of the BOB sign, angle the main BOB sign to actually face the player. Then remove the spider from it's location blocking the left ramp sign and place it right above the spider stand up target. Last, fill in the hole in the ramp sign with the black plug you removed from the BOB sign.

Was going to do this last night but surprised I hadn't read about anyone else doing it yet. Is the spider problematic in that spot? Curious as to why it wasn't put there to begin with since it has nothing to do with the ramp.

#2200 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Has anyone done the BOB Sign + Spider Mod Combo?
Basically, remove the right part of the BOB sign, angle the main BOB sign to actually face the player. Then remove the spider from it's location blocking the left ramp sign and place it right above the spider stand up target. Last, fill in the hole in the ramp sign with the black plug you removed from the BOB sign.
Was going to do this last night but surprised I hadn't read about anyone else doing it yet. Is the spider problematic in that spot? Curious as to why it wasn't put there to begin with since it has nothing to do with the ramp.

I moved the BOB sign recently, when I changed the rubbers. Nice improvement...now I can see what up at BOB's, a feature that's easy to ignore when the sign isn't facing the player More Quick MB action...

No need to drill a hole, just bent the bracket and reused the existing hole.

Didn't touch the Spider Mod...what's the problem with the Spider location?

snaroff

IMG_8609 (resized).jpgIMG_8609 (resized).jpg

IMG_8610 (resized).jpgIMG_8610 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.