Topic Stats

• 9,055 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Mageek
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DI CLIP (resized).jpg
DI1 (resized).jpg
DI2 (resized).jpg
DI4 (resized).jpg
69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg
568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg
diflash (resized).jpg
99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg
di-decals-sample (resized).jpg
decals4 (resized).jpg
decals2 (resized).jpg
decals1 (resized).jpg
decals0 (resized).jpg
E7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpeg
20190828_143115 (resized).jpg
20190814_142930 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 9055 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 182.
#2051 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I just bent back the flaps back, should be fine now as pic shows. If they bend out again, which I don’t expect, I’ll cut them off.

They'll keep bending out. What's happening is the ball is pounding that crease where the metal bends down, flattening it out. it takes time, but it'll happen again. That's why 2.0 doesn't have that part that goes down.

#2052 1 year ago

I just replaced the factory protectors with Cliffy’s today and wow, what a huge difference. It plays like a different game with smooth phone and SIM card shots.

I am a huge JJP fan and while I appreciate that they started installing these at the factory, they are clunky, mangled, and ugly comparitevely. I wish I would have taken a picture side by side, but forgot since I was concentrating on making sure I could get all the right parts back together again.

#2053 1 year ago
Quoted from foobeer:

I just replaced the factory protectors with Cliffy’s today and wow, what a huge difference. It plays like a different game with smooth phone and SIM card shots.
I am a huge JJP fan and while I appreciate that they started installing these at the factory, they are clunky, mangled, and ugly comparitevely. I wish I would have taken a picture side by side, but forgot since I was concentrating on making sure I could get all the right parts back together again.

Yep, I never even installed the JJP protectors (they didn't come installed from the factory). Total waste of time and effort on so many levels. Hopefully JJP learned something from the misstep. I wonder if anyone form JJP actually installed their protectors and played the game with them? If so, hard to believe they didn't give Cliffy a call. I'd still love to see PF holes/vuks designed for protector use (so the protectors are absolutely level with the PF). Not rocket science, and would really improve gameplay. The Cliffies are usually gameplay friendly, but sometimes they effect the shot (since the PF isn't designed for their use). KISS is a good example, where the VUK hole is small and the Cliffy makes the shot MUCH harder. Ended up taking the protection off. Fortunately, DI's phone scoop is larger, but I still prefer the feel of the shot without a protector. For new PF's (without damage), I'm still a fan of the Mantis style protector (used on the new AFMr).

#2054 1 year ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

The main issues with the trap door are caused by the fact that JJP is not using the adjustment tab for some reason. I try to explain it here:
» YouTube video
Ron...

I am excited to say that I will be getting a DI LE in the next few weeks. I can't wait. In addition to the grease recommendations provided by LTG, I have seen your posts and video related to this adjustment tab. In the video you made comment that you weren't sure if it was just on yours, but in pictures that I've seen of other people's trapdoor mechanism, they all appear to be sticking straight up. If you wanted to bend it down, what tool did you use to do that with? Thank you very much in advance.

#2055 1 year ago

Needle nose pliers.

Ron...

Quoted from ChipScott:

I am excited to say that I will be getting a DI LE in the next few weeks. I can't wait. In addition to the grease recommendations provided by LTG, I have seen your posts and video related to this adjustment tab. In the video you made comment that you weren't sure if it was just on yours, but in pictures that I've seen of other people's trapdoor mechanism, they all appear to be sticking straight up. If you wanted to bend it down, what tool did you use to do that with? Thank you very much in advance.

#2056 1 year ago

Anyone interested in a Mantis protector for the phone scoop that covers only the right side of the hole, leaving the remainder of the hole nice and open? In testing, it seems only the right side of the phone scoop hole gets damaged due to the way the shot is angled, so a full-coverage protector is not necessary. Was going to work on a prototype with Kerry @ Mantis if there was an interest.

#2057 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Anyone interested in a Mantis protector for the phone scoop that covers only the right side of the hole, leaving the remainder of the hole nice and open? In testing, it seems only the right side of the phone scoop hole gets damaged due to the way the shot is angled, so a full-coverage protector is not necessary. Was going to work on a prototype with Kerry @ Mantis if there was an interest.

VERY interested. The phone rejects with the Cliffy are annoying. Before Cliffy supporters burn me at the stake, I'm a huge fan & friend of Cliffy. His work is world-class. Cliffy protectors are invaluable for covering up damage and protecting against future damage. For a new game with holes/vuks, I still prefer a Mantis style protector. It's what I have on my HEP AFM and AFMr and they work great WITHOUT effecting the SOL shot. My HEP AFM is 7 years old with thousands of plays and 0 damage at the SOL shot (and it shoots like butta. Would love to have this on DI.

snaroff

#2058 1 year ago

I'd like to try one as well. I removed my Cliffy after using it to replace the JJP protector and am almost unprotected. Using a couple of layers of Mylar. Works so much better but I am concerned about long-term damage.

#2059 1 year ago

fyi...this is what the TNA scoop looks like (copied the photo from a TNA thread). Don't know why pinball manufacturers don't standardize on this design (beveled edges, internal metal "Mantis" style). For new games, this is the best design...protects the PF and doesn't effect the ability to make the shot.

47556c5a0697adcb56943d472fb9d89218c5c2b2 (resized).jpg

#2060 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

fyi...this is what the TNA scoop looks like (copied the photo from a TNA thread). Don't know why pinball manufacturers don't standardize on this design (beveled edges, internal metal "Mantis" style). For new games, this is the best design...protects the PF and doesn't effect the ability to make the shot.

That's a dead standard scoop hole with a Mantis style protector. I don't know if Scott is using mantis, I assume so. If he is he likely did nothing more than make the hole 2x the mentors thickness wider to fine the desired hole size. Cliffys work with less interference than mantis in retrofits since the take up less hole spacesince they are so much thinner. That being said, mantis ones do also work really well and the diminished hole sizes make a game slightly harder which is always good, unless the player is a pansy who wants their games made easier.

#2061 1 year ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

Needle nose pliers.
Ron...

Thank you Ron, and thanks for making that video.

#2062 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Because it doesn't protect the clear around the hole from chipping, and clear does chip on too many of these newer PFs for whatever reason. The SURFACE of the Dialed In we have around the SIM hole was chipped within 50 plays. Mantis design that would still happen. Cliffy design it does not.

#2063 1 year ago

Are you guys using the phone cliffy 2.0 or the original? He sent me a 2.0 for free (I bought a whole set months ago and a set for another game). Haven't put it in yet though, great service thank you cliffy.

#2064 1 year ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Are you guys using the phone cliffy 2.0 or the original? He sent me a 2.0 for free (I bought a whole set months ago and a set for another game). Haven't put it in yet though, great service thank you cliffy.

Cliffy 2.0 on phone and original on SIM hole here.

#2065 1 year ago

Haven't installed either but I don't know if I will now... Didn't hear aboot the 2.0 vwrsion

#2066 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Because it doesn't protect the clear around the hole from chipping, and clear does chip on too many of these newer PFs for whatever reason. The SURFACE of the Dialed In we have around the SIM hole was chipped within 50 plays. Mantis design that would still happen. Cliffy design it does not.

And my SIM hold was chipped after 70 plays while waiting for the Cliffies to arrive. As far as I can tell, the SIM hole damage was caused by the sharp angles (particularly on the left & right sides of the hole). I had 0 damage where the bevels were cut. Did you have any damage on the bevels? Curious.

Since I believe the phone is beveled all around, I think it's much less prone to the crazy SIM hole damage. I just don't like the way the phone shoots with the Cliffy installed.

snaroff

#2067 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

That's a dead standard scoop hole with a Mantis style protector. I don't know if Scott is using mantis, I assume so. If he is he likely did nothing more than make the hole 2x the mentors thickness wider to fine the desired hole size. Cliffys work with less interference than mantis in retrofits since the take up less hole spacesince they are so much thinner. That being said, mantis ones do also work really well and the diminished hole sizes make a game slightly harder which is always good, unless the player is a pansy who wants their games made easier.

The scoop in TNA basically has the interior "protector" built in. I drew this scoop up for Spooky a while back, and it has been used in The Jetsons already. The interior metal just sticks up into the scoop opening on the playfield, but does not quite go up all the way so it does not interfere with the chamfer of the playfield.

Here is what the scoop looks like outside of the game.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4577

--Scott

#2068 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Mantis design that would still happen. Cliffy design it does not.

The protector we'd design covers the exact area of the phone hole that gets damaged, which is the top surface of the right side of the hole. This would not be a typical in-hole Mantis protector.

#2069 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

The scoop in TNA basically has the interior "protector" built in. I drew this scoop up for Spooky a while back, and it has been used in The Jetsons already. The interior metal just sticks up into the scoop opening on the playfield, but does not quite go up all the way so it does not interfere with the chamfer of the playfield.
--Scott

Built-in PF protection What a concept...kudos Scott!

snaroff

#2070 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

--Scott

Cool, I haven't gone under the hood of TNA. It's basically got mantis built in. In this case you still control the hole size since you set the inside to the size that was wanted in jetsons. I don't mind mantis shrinking the holes slightly as it tightens up the shots a bit, but singe people don't like it. This eliminates that semi-issue.

#2071 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

And my SIM hold was chipped after 70 plays while waiting for the Cliffies to arrive. As far as I can tell, the SIM hole damage was caused by the sharp angles (particularly on the left & right sides of the hole). I had 0 damage where the bevels were cut. Did you have any damage on the bevels? Curious.
Since I believe the phone is beveled all around, I think it's much less prone to the crazy SIM hole damage. I just don't like the way the phone shoots with the Cliffy installed.
snaroff

Dunno. I wasn't taking a chance on more cracking/chipping.

Do you have the original or 2.0 Cliffy at the phone? The 2.0 doesn't really change the shot since the interior area is the same size.

#2072 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Dunno. I wasn't taking a chance on more cracking/chipping.
Do you have the original or 2.0 Cliffy at the phone? The 2.0 doesn't really change the shot since the interior area is the same size.

2.0. It definitely changes the shot...not just an interior issue. The shot has to be much more precise...the right/left corners resting on the PF (topside) contribute to the shot difficulty. I've had to deal with this on many pins in my collection and for some I've just decided to remove the Cliffy and enjoy the shot. On a pin-by-pin basis. Last year, I finally broke down and removed the Cliffy from "The Neutral Zone" on STTNG and the shot felt so much better. Considering the low plays in a home environment, most of the old school pins fare well. The new PF's and clear coats are another story...you need to be more careful as you've pointed out.

snaroff

#2073 1 year ago

Does anyone have a picture of the 2.0 Cliffy for the phone scoop? I'm not sure which version I have.

#2074 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Does anyone have a picture of the 2.0 Cliffy for the phone scoop? I'm not sure which version I have.

If yours is at an angle from the edge, then bends and goes straight downward, that's 1.0. If you have just a short angled part that covers the bevel only, that's 2.0.

If you have the lower part that's labeled 1.0 in this picture, you have 1.0. You can easily make 1.0 into a 2.0 by just cutting it at the crease and filing the rough edges and corners.

cliffy2.0 (resized).jpg

#2075 1 year ago

Looks like I have a v1 scoop protector.

20171219_120644 (resized).jpg

#2076 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

yes. If you cut at the last bend on the three segments, it makes it a 2.0.

#2077 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

You can easily make 1.0 into a 2.0 by just cutting it at the crease and filing the rough edges and corners.

Thanks for the info; glad it's an easy fix.

#2078 1 year ago

I'm finally in! Just purchased a DILE. Such a great game, but I am having a few issues that I need help with. I have read this entire thread and worked on the theatre magnet and a few other little fixes to help the game. It has 1.52 code and the levelers all the way down.

The first issue I am having is that the ball is bouncing off of the left wire form ramp when the ball gets to the inlane. It bounces off and sometimes behind flipper. This is driving me crazy. I tried washers under the wire form and adjusting the placement with no success. I read another owner was having the same problem and JJP is sending him a new ramp.

The other thing I am noticing is that after I plunge the ball the auto kicker will kick 2 times after any switch is hit. Is this supposed to be happening?

#2079 1 year ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

and the levelers all the way down.

? Do you have your game level left to right, and around a 6 1/2 degree pitch for the playfield ?

Quoted from boostedskex:

The other thing I am noticing is that after I plunge the ball the auto kicker will kick 2 times after any switch is hit. Is this supposed to be happening?

No. Check the shooter lane switch. It might be sticking or binding in the slot it travels through the playfeld in.

LTG : )

#2080 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

? Do you have your game level left to right, and around a 6 1/2 degree pitch for the playfield ?

No. Check the shooter lane switch. It might be sticking or binding in the slot it travels through the playfeld in.
LTG : )

Great diag LTG! The switch was slightly touching the side of the slot. Tweaked it over and it stopped. I am using the PinGuy app and it is reading level and at 6.5 degree.

Thanks,
Alex

#2081 1 year ago

Ok I have a sound issue. Turned on DI tonight and I only get sound from the bass. No speaker sound on the back box. Anyone had this issue?

#2082 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

The protector we'd design covers the exact area of the phone hole that gets damaged, which is the top surface of the right side of the hole. This would not be a typical in-hole Mantis protector.

Top surface on the right side of my phone scoop is dented in and a hunk of clear has lifted. It's under mylar so it's staying in place. I have V2 Cliffy on the phone scoop now. It does make the shot a bit harder, but I'm okay w/ it. I'd like to see what you come up w/ tho. I'm willing to try it if it makes the shot easier.

#2083 1 year ago

Took delivery of my DI Standard last week - put some games on it and loved it! Then after powering on the machine a couple of days ago I got a couple of self-test errors: BOB trap door and the theater entrance switch. Neither had been working since I unboxed it. Did a little research and found out I was missing out on half the game!

The trap door wasn't closing and was stuck in the up position. Fixed that by bending the adjustment "tab" on the metal bracket in which the small solenoid is mounted so the latch/hook that holds the trap door open is just barely engaged. Now when the small solenoid fires, it barely has to move the latch at all and the trap door drops down.

The theater entrance switch is an opto. I pulled the clear plastic over the pop bumpers and disconnected the theater unit. Sure enough, the opto (the sender I believe) on the left side of the theater had come loose and was just hanging there by the wires. Found the back cover of the opto unit in the bottom of the cabinet. The cover helps hold the opto in place - it must have came loose during shipping.

Now that the trap door and theater works, I love the game even more!

#2084 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

You have neglected to remove the protective plastic that comes with Cliffy's. Looks much better without it (and makes it slightly thinner).

#2085 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

You have neglected to remove the protective plastic that comes with Cliffy's. Looks much better without it (and makes it slightly thinner).

Yeah, I haven't installed it yet.

#2086 1 year ago

Does anyone leave the felt off the legs, I found it to be a bit wobbly?

Also I noticed some DI's have a small rectangle box on the top back box that acts like a camera flash, is this something that you can buy or is it supposed to come with the machine?

Thanks!

#2087 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_mutha:

Does anyone leave the felt off the legs, I found it to be a bit wobbly?
Also I noticed some DI's have a small rectangle box on the top back box that acts like a camera flash, is this something that you can buy or is it supposed to come with the machine?
Thanks!

It comes with the standards meant for locations, but not the LE and CEs primarily for home use. Basically it just makes a brighter flash than the playfield lights for better selfie pics.

#2088 1 year ago

If anyone is having issue with balls flying off the end of the left wireform, I think I have found a fix:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-bounces-out-of-the-ramp-in-dialed-in#post-4134445

#2089 1 year ago

I also get a lot of side drains coming from the slings. Usually bounces off the left sling and directly into the right drain.

I get at least one of these every game I play. Is this normal?

#2090 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

I also get a lot of side drains coming from the slings. Usually bounces off the left sling and directly into the right drain.

Happens every game? Wow. Definitely not normal. Open a ticket with JJP...

snaroff

#2091 1 year ago

Has anybuddy tried the new phone scoop protector from JJP with the front cut out. Does this make the shot easier? Does cliffy make one like this? Is the cliffy’s still the better option?

http://159.203.76.48/di/DI%20Smartphone%20Scoop%20Protector.pdf

#2092 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Has anybuddy tried the new phone scoop protector from JJP with the front cut out. Does this make the shot easier? Does cliffy make one like this? Is the cliffy’s still the better option?
http://159.203.76.48/di/DI%20Smartphone%20Scoop%20Protector.pdf

I just got mine yesterday and it came with that protector. The one I've played on location has no protector, and it's definitely harder to hit the shot than without, but I can't speak to how much harder or easier it is than an earlier model. I ordered Cliffy's and intend to install them.

Interestingly, there's a new plastic on mine over the left inlane return from the habitrail. I'm guessing to keep fast shots from bouncing out.

IMG_2189 (resized).jpg

#2093 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thsts the point of the slings? To be evil and make the game harder?

#2094 1 year ago
Quoted from attack7:

I just got mine yesterday and it came with that protector. The one I've played on location has no protector, and it's definitely harder to hit the shot than without, but I can't speak to how much harder or easier it is than an earlier model. I ordered Cliffy's and intend to install them.
Interestingly, there's a new plastic on mine over the left inlane return from the habitrail. I'm guessing to keep fast shots from bouncing out.

Thats a interesting fix..... lol

#2095 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptMonkeyPants:

Took delivery of my DI Standard last week - put some games on it and loved it! Then after powering on the machine a couple of days ago I got a couple of self-test errors: BOB trap door and the theater entrance switch. Neither had been working since I unboxed it. Did a little research and found out I was missing out on half the game!
The trap door wasn't closing and was stuck in the up position. Fixed that by bending the adjustment "tab" on the metal bracket in which the small solenoid is mounted so the latch/hook that holds the trap door open is just barely engaged. Now when the small solenoid fires, it barely has to move the latch at all and the trap door drops down.
The theater entrance switch is an opto. I pulled the clear plastic over the pop bumpers and disconnected the theater unit. Sure enough, the opto (the sender I believe) on the left side of the theater had come loose and was just hanging there by the wires. Found the back cover of the opto unit in the bottom of the cabinet. The cover helps hold the opto in place - it must have came loose during shipping.
Now that the trap door and theater works, I love the game even more!

Mine had same issue, I lubed the trap door with crc heavy duty silicone and both of my optos came out of the retainers, JJP sent me a new sensor harness and I made sure to use silicone adhesive on the new sensors. The factory is doing it this way now, I also noticed factory had the harness wire tied so tight the orginal sensors were being pulled on....

#2096 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thsts the point of the slings? To be evil and make the game harder?

I don't know man, I have a ticket open now because the ball goes between the Flippers a lot... Not cool JJP!!

#2097 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know man, I have a ticket open now because the ball goes between the Flippers a lot... Not cool JJP!!

I was wondering why i cant get to deep into this pin.... the slings and hole between my flippers are wrong......

#2098 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I was wondering why i cant get to deep into this pin.... the slings and hole between my flippers are wrong......

Yeah it's a great game, but there are tons of flaws. I have a phone meeting with Jack and the team today hopefully I can get in their ear aboot some unpleasantness. I spent a lot for this game, and the other say in MB one of my flippers stopped working and started shaking. Wtf?!? I thought me and my machine were teamates but sometimes I feel like the goddamn thing is working against me!

#2099 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it's a great game, but there are tons of flaws. I have a phone meeting with Jack and the team today hopefully I can get in their ear aboot some unpleasantness. I spent a lot for this game, and the other say in MB one of my flippers stopped working and started shaking. Wtf?!? I thought me and my machine were teamates but sometimes I feel like the goddamn thing is working against me!

Lol....

#2100 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Happens every game? Wow. Definitely not normal. Open a ticket with JJP...
snaroff

Are your f'ing serious. That's literally the point of the slings. It's almost like they designed them to move the ball sideways in an uncontrolled manner, and that slight upward angle of the it aims right toward the outlanes. Clearly that's a design flaw, I can't believe it happens like every single game. Definitely need to call JJP, I can't believe they released a flaw like this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 189.00
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 50.00
There are 9055 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside