Topic Stats

• 9,041 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by altan
  • Topic is favorited by 164 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DI CLIP (resized).jpg
DI1 (resized).jpg
DI2 (resized).jpg
DI4 (resized).jpg
69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg
568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg
diflash (resized).jpg
99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg
di-decals-sample (resized).jpg
decals4 (resized).jpg
decals2 (resized).jpg
decals1 (resized).jpg
decals0 (resized).jpg
E7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpeg
20190828_143115 (resized).jpg
20190814_142930 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 9041 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 181.
#2001 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Here is a 8 way combo I was able to fluke and you can see the drop position on there.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1162808570488497&id=1034286820007340

Sweet!

Quoted from FalconPunch:

1. Tip of right flipper on mine

JJP reps have said it should go to the tip of left. The theatre magnet seems just left of center, so it makes sense that if the pin is level, it would go to the left flipper. Like Oldgoat, I raised my front right leveler and watch it go to the tip of right on occasion.

Mysterious that some machines drop it right, left, SDTM. Maybe the big slit in the center of the PF (angled toward the right flipper) causes the ball path to be altered? The big slit also has mylar IIRC, which adds to the opportunity of altering the ball path.

Here's a post I made on the JJP Google Group on 12/1. The biggest benefit of my suggestion below is the ability to test/simulate BOTH magnet behaviors. Currently, only "catch and toss" can be tested.

Hi Ted,

Thanks so much for the info and help trying to tune our respective machines. I've tried extending the right front leg a bit and haven't had much success. I'm sure if I raised it high enough, it would eventually have an impact. Unfortunately, it would also impact all the other shots, so I don't think it works well for my example.

Here's an experiment I just performed...

- I went into "Theatre Test Magnet" which is set to -120. I tossed the ball to the magnet 10 times...the "catch and toss" behavior worked flawlessly 10 times.
- I changed the "Theatre Test Magnet" value to -60. I tossed the ball to the magnet 10 times...it delivered the ball to the tip of my right flipper 10 times.

With that experiment, why not allow 2 "fine tuning" parameters. One setting for "catch and toss" and another setting for "catch and release".

If my simple experiment in test mode behaves identically during game play, it appears to solve my issue with "catch and release".

Thoughts?

snaroff

#2002 1 year ago

Thanks for the responses. Odd that yours would also toss to the right, not left flipper. I wonder if that original response you got was a typo and it really is supposed to hit the right flipper?

FalconPunch...showoff! .

(I have executed several 8x combos. Alas, my combos are hitting the posts, not the ramp. Right post, left post, far right post and so on. I need to find a game that gives you points for hitting posts and missing the ramps. I'd be hell on wheels.)

#2003 1 year ago

The Theater drop for me goes to the tip of the right flipper

#2004 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The Theater drop for me goes to the tip of the right flipper

That makes 4-0 to the right flipper from the theater

#2005 1 year ago

two questions:

1) Where in settings do I adjust "theater magnet catch behavior"

2) When my ball gets tossed from the phone scoop, I am getting it thrown SDTM; everything level...
How do I adjust??

#2006 1 year ago
Quoted from ngg:

1) Where in settings do I adjust "theater magnet catch behavior"

Tests - Devices - Theater Magnet

LTG : )

#2007 1 year ago

Played 3 dile including mine and ball falls to left flipper....

#2008 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Devices - Theater Magnet
LTG : )

And in 1.52 the "catch and release" behavior can be adjusted with...

Settings - Game Settings - Theatre Magnet Catch Behavior

snaroff

#2009 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

My SE goes to left as well.

#2011 1 year ago

Really strange. Looks like it is 50/50? Makes no sense. When I tried raising the right front leg, I was slightly off level at the slings. I think I would have to make it way of level to get it to hit the left. I wonder if something else is at play. My slope is ~7 degrees. Maybe that is the difference?

#2012 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Same here

#2013 1 year ago

Mine is level and goes to the right flipper.

#2014 1 year ago

Appologies in advance if this is located somewhere...I could use some help

So my Dialed in le is suppose to show up tomorrow and interested in having all the optimum settings setup as we put it together during unboxing.

Can anyone take a moment to put in a post for all of the best settings, angle, elevation, flipper etc..that we should utilize for a new family just getting in the hobby... I recognize this is subjective but really just looking for a starting point. We ordered Cliffy’s for all our pins coming tomorrow but never thought to ask what would be the best way to configure these on initial setup.

Thank you for posting really appreciate your help!

#2015 1 year ago
Quoted from Requis:

Can anyone take a moment to put in a post for all of the best settings, angle, elevation, flipper etc..that we should utilize for a new family just getting in the hobby...

First, congratulations ...it is really a great game with lots going on. Only downside is that your wife and kids will mock you if/when you get into selfie mode.

As for your questions. Technically, (and the documentation will say this), set the playfield to 6.5 degrees (bubble just touching the second line), make sure the pf is dead level at top middle and slings. The issue is that it is impossible to actually do this. The bubble level has variance, levels have variance and neither can be set with 100% precision. The default settings for coil strength should be fine; however, many, perhaps most have, had to tweak them. I haven't adjusted any. There will likely be adjustments needed to get it setup optimally. For example, I had a switch (top of playfield before the theater that was pressed up against the slot. it would barely move when pressed down with your finger, so the ball had no chance. I had to bend in to get it centered. Still need to tweak a bit, occasionally a ball will stick on the skill shot but the proverbial tap on the side clears it.

You also have to remember that some of that is a matter of taste. I prefer a bit steeper pf, some like stronger flippers. My tolerance for SDTM is much higher than some. My biggest concern about getting DI was that the ball times would be too long...so far that hasn't been an issue...Lord, knows, that hasn't been an issue! There is a fair amount of tweaking you can do to adjust the difficulty of the game. To that end, you may want to change some of the default settings to make it easier (and more fun) for your family. I'm guessing others may be able to make some recommendations on that front.

Bottom line...I'm no help...sorry

#2016 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

My LE goes left.

Quoted from mrofnoc:

Mine is level and goes to the right flipper.

Mine goes to tip of right flipper.

Seeing these differences, obviously slight differences in level is affecting the ball path, since we know the magnet is in the same place for everyone's machine.

#2018 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

since we know the magnet is in the same place for everyone's machine.

Actually we don't know how much the magnet is sticking out if you want to get very techincal which it sounds like everyone does.

I need to re-level my machine as I put the levelers all the way in like they never told me to do but apparently is the way it was designed. Now I wonder if it will fall diff'rent?

#2019 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

ltg
Think my DI is having major issues. So played ball one. No problem. Ball 2, ball doesn't launch from the trough. Turn off the pin open the coin door wiggle the connectors on the trough make sure they are nice and tight. No issues there. Turn on the pin, get that there is an error. Open the coin door, press enter, no errors are showing. OK. Close the coin door and start a game. Ball launches immediately from the trough, auto launched into the game, pin is going crazy. I turned it off right away.
Turned it back on, and had a huge list of errors. Exited out of the menu, launched a game, and exact same thing. I should mention, that when I had the pin turned on, all the lights stayed on (i.e., no attract mode) and QED dude kept moving. I'm thinking this is something major, but then again, I could be wrong. Any pinsiders help me out??

Well got the replacement IO Board and USB wire....same shit. I so wanted this to be my best NIB experience, instead it's been the worst. My DILE has sat in my pin room now useless as a brick, for just about as long as I owned it. (Played great for the first 3 weeks...now been down for 2.5 weeks).

Has anyone else had huge issues like I'm having or am I the only lucky bastard??

#2020 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

W
Has anyone else had huge issues like I'm having or am I the only lucky bastard??

Uff that sucks. Haven't heard of many big issues like this but that is a major buzz kill.

#2021 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Well got the replacement IO Board and USB wire....same shit. I so wanted this to be my best NIB experience, instead it's been the worst. My DILE has sat in my pin room now useless as a brick, for just about as long as I owned it. (Played great for the first 3 weeks...now been down for 2.5 weeks).

have you changed usb ports on the motherboard? it is not unheard of in consumer level motherboards for 1 or more usb ports to suddenly stop responding.

#2022 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

have you changed usb ports on the motherboard? it is not unheard of in consumer level motherboards for 1 or more usb ports to suddenly stop responding.

Yes we did that. But looks like Frank (JJP Support) and I figured out the problem. Just spent over an hour on the phone with him trouble-shooting.

Wasn't the IO board at all. Don't know how we ended up checking connectors around the ball trough but when I wiggled the wires machine started acting funky. Aha moment. So, there is the one connector coming off the ball trough, it's about 5 inches long, then plugs into another connector. Apparently JJP has been having issues with this one. Frank said that the errors I was having masked that this could be the root cause of it.

All this to say, pin is working for now, but they're sending me out a replacement connector. Hopefully no one else runs into this issue, but if they do....now you know the cause!

#2023 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Yes we did that. But looks like Frank (JJP Support) and I figured out the problem. Just spent over an hour on the phone with him trouble-shooting.
Wasn't the IO board at all. Don't know how we ended up checking connectors around the ball trough but when I wiggled the wires machine started acting funky. Aha moment. So, there is the one connector coming off the ball trough, it's about 5 inches long, then plugs into another connector. Apparently JJP has been having issues with this one. Frank said that the errors I was having masked that this could be the root cause of it.
All this to say, pin is working for now, but they're sending me out a replacement connector. Hopefully no one else runs into this issue, but if they do....now you know the cause!

Awesome to hear! Frank is The Man!

#2024 1 year ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Awesome to hear! Frank is The Man!

Frank is indeed awesome to deal with at JJP. One of the best they have.

#2025 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Actually we don't know how much the magnet is sticking out if you want to get very techincal which it sounds like everyone does.
I need to re-level my machine as I put the levelers all the way in like they never told me to do but apparently is the way it was designed. Now I wonder if it will fall diff'rent?

This never made sense to me. Apparently PL said that legs should be flat to the floor. But how does that make any sense considering every floor is different, and likely none are totally flat. In order to get to 6.5 degrees, my game must be flat in the front, and about 5 full rotations on each of the rears.

I also think this idea of 6.5 degrees being "right" is a bit off. Most people use a torpedo level that takes a measurement from the center of the level, which tends to land above the machine's bubble level. Others measure at the top of the slings or the middle of the pf. But what is the "true" 6.5? I'd argue it should be at the same height on the PF that the bubble is mounted to. As an example, measuring 6.5 digitally where the bubble is, would mean that above the slings it's closer to 6.8.

This is not an exact science, and the variations between machines makes it an impossible task to try treat it as one. I guess in the end you just have to set up the game so you enjoy how it plays.

Unless PL is personally coming to your house to level your game, I wouldn't put much stock into his recommendation to twist all those levellers in.

Just my long-winded thoughts

#2026 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Very very good news and we all hoped it was simple. I’m sure you will be busy tonight!

#2027 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Unless PL is personally coming to your house to level your game, I wouldn't put much stock into his recommendation to twist all those levellers in.

Sure sure....but it's just a starting point for further adjustments. But honestly, I don't care much. It's set up around 6.5, I go play in a tournament it's jacked up higher, down at the bar it's something else etc.

#2028 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

PL said that legs should be flat to the floor.

Add to this is individual preference on overall game height Both my wife and I prefer the game to sit higher, more accurately, our backs prefer the game to sit higher. So flat to the floor is not an option. In fact, the feet are almost fully extended.

#2029 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure sure....but it's just a starting point for further adjustments. But honestly, I don't care much. It's set up around 6.5, I go play in a tournament it's jacked up higher, down at the bar it's something else etc.

It's funny, I helped the local op fix his DI by suggesting he put the levellers all the way in. Game played beautifully after that! Players actually shook my hand and thanked me.

#2030 1 year ago

Pat has been pretty clear about how the game was designed, and the defaults for it. Starting with castors all the way in has always been how he's explained the game should be set up. Short of accounting literally for an uneven floor or something.

#2031 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

Pat has been pretty clear about how the game was designed, and the defaults for it.

Yes, we all understand this now. The problem is JJP never told anyone.

#2032 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And the problem is no one ever told Pat that floors are generally not even. And that not everyone has the same floor

#2033 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

WHAT??? They literally announced this at the reveal in Chicago. It was discussed here a bunch, I think they discussed it in the setup video they did, and it's right in the manual.

#2034 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

WHAT??? They literally announced this at the reveal in Chicago. It was discussed here a bunch, I think they discussed it in the setup video they did, and it's right in the manual.

YES REALLY!!!

First of it isn't a big deal; I'm just saying put that info on the sheet taped to the game when you unbox it, or put it in the set up directions on the website; For all I know they may do that now.
Reveals aren't the best place to give info to buyers; because I'm a buyer and didn't watch the reveal and most likely never would. I never heard of this until I heard frolic mention it well after the fact + linked the video, and I'm on pinside a lot.
The manual was late getting out as you know.

#2035 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

And the problem is no one ever told Pat that floors are generally not even. And that not everyone has the same floor

You're right! Instead of designing the game so that it is set up perfectly right out of the box provided you have a level floor, they should have designed each game with different leg configurations for differently sloped floors.

#2036 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

You're right! Instead of designing the game so that it is set up perfectly right out of the box provided you have a level floor, they should have designed each game with different leg configurations for differently sloped floors.

Hahahaha. That's pretty good. You should run that idea by Jack!

But maybe you're not getting the point. If you have a sloped floor (which I do) and you try putting the levellers down, you almost have a flat pf. At that point it's not pinball, it's chess.

I wonder if PL came up with that idea, or those awesome protectors first?

#2037 1 year ago

Question for those who own a CE machine, what is a customized software?

#2038 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Question for those who own a CE machine, what is a customized software?

Customized means changed specifically for the CE. So there will be changes to the normal software especially for the CE. Like the Smaug attract mode in The Hobbit Smaug Edition. The dragon scene in the attract mode is not in the LE.

#2039 1 year ago

Has anyone had a problem with the phone scoop ejecting balls at very different speeds? For the most part, it will shoot out strongly to the right flipper, but occasionally it will come out noticeably slower and just go SDTM with absolutely no chance to save it.

Was having my best game ever last night and had this happen. Makes it hard to get deep into the game when you run the risk of losing a ball anytime that scoop goes off.

I tried bending the scoop hood down bit. Noticed the balls were ejecting faster and stronger, but after a few games it went back to the current problem.

Anyone have this happen?

#2040 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Has anyone had a problem with the phone scoop ejecting balls at very different speeds? For the most part, it will shoot out strongly to the right flipper, but occasionally it will come out noticeably slower and just go SDTM with absolutely no chance to save it.
Was having my best game ever last night and had this happen. Makes it hard to get deep into the game when you run the risk of losing a ball anytime that scoop goes off.
I tried bending the scoop hood down bit. Noticed the balls were ejecting faster and stronger, but after a few games it went back to the current problem.
Anyone have this happen?

I reduced my power so it goes to right flipper. Not sure what the ideal shot is on that, but with the reduced power it never goes stdm.

#2041 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone have this happen?

Yes, I've noticed different speeds, but haven't had any issues with SDTM drains.

#2042 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Customized means changed specifically for the CE. So there will be changes to the normal software especially for the CE. Like the Smaug attract mode in The Hobbit Smaug Edition. The dragon scene in the attract mode is not in the LE.

Could it have more rules?

#2043 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Could it have more rules?

This can only be answered by a CE owner but knowing JJP I do not think so. Just some extra dress up.

#2044 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone have this happen?

If you film it in slow-mo with an iphone, you'll see it's probably hitting the bottom side of the ramp that runs across in front of it when it comes out "slow" (it was on the one here). Bending the scoop guide down is the way to prevent that, and reducing coil power is probably a good idea, too.

#2046 1 year ago

For those having issues with their phone scoop kickout, check your protector. I have a genuine cliffy on mine and I noticed the flaps were bending outward and possibly affecting the path of the ball. I removed the cliffy and bent the flaps back in and it seems pretty consistent again, no sdtm.

20171216_203206 (resized).jpg

20171216_195510 (resized).jpg

#2047 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

For those having issues with their phone scoop kickout, check your protector. I have a genuine cliffy on mine and I noticed the flaps were bending outward and possibly affecting the path of the ball. I removed the cliffy and bent the flaps back in and it seems pretty consistent again, no sdtm.

I had this problem. Original cliffy was bad design. I took mine off and cut the bottom section of the flap off and everything is good to go.

#2048 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The Cliffy 2.0s don't have this issue. Cut the part below the bend at the bevel, file to smooth the edges and you'll have a Cliffy 2.0.

#2049 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

The Cliffy 2.0s don't have this issue. Cut the part below the bend at the bevel, file to smooth the edges and you'll have a Cliffy 2.0.

I just bent back the flaps back, should be fine now as pic shows. If they bend out again, which I don’t expect, I’ll cut them off.

#2050 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hahahaha. That's pretty good. You should run that idea by Jack!
But maybe you're not getting the point. If you have a sloped floor (which I do) and you try putting the levellers down, you almost have a flat pf. At that point it's not pinball, it's chess.
I wonder if PL came up with that idea, or those awesome protectors first?

They are well aware floors are not perfect, levers all in is the baseline put them all in then level the game and you'll be right around 6.5. If you have some obsession with the back leveled needing to be up then crank the front up the same amount and you will still be level but the whole game we'll be 3 inches higher.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,000.00
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodstock, GA
$ 9,000.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Lee, NEW JERSEY
$ 189.00
There are 9041 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 181.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside