IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 273.
#1951 6 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday and am experiencing a couple of issues. I've been able to resolve most; however, I have one that is a big problem. I posted in the Dialing in a Dialed in thread but thought I would try this thread as well.

Upper flipper is erratic. I'd say 20% of the time does not work at all. Press the button, nada. 50% of the time there is a significant lag and/or power issue. 30% works great. Nothing is binding or rubbing, everything is aligned, EOS is fine, can't find any loose connections. On the other thread, it was suggested that I turn up the power; however, when it fires, the strength is more than adequate.

Thoughts?

#1952 6 years ago

We'll see if you get some help here, but if I had a gremlin like that I would open a ticket with JJP support.

#1953 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Just joined the club yesterday and am experiencing a couple of issues. I've been able to resolve most; however, I have one that is a big problem. I posted in the Dialing in a Dialed in thread but thought I would try this thread as well.
Upper flipper is erratic. I'd say 20% of the time does not work at all. Press the button, nada. 50% of the time there is a significant lag and/or power issue. 30% works great. Nothing is binding or rubbing, everything is aligned, EOS is fine, can't find any loose connections. On the other thread, it was suggested that I turn up the power; however, when it fires, the strength is more than adequate.
Thoughts?

Turning up the power doesn't sound like the solution for intermittent behavior. See other thread for my suggestion.

snaroff

#1954 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Turning up the power doesn't sound like the solution for intermittent behavior. See other thread for my suggestion.
snaroff

Per your suggestion in the other thread, yep, stupid me spent all that time focusing on the upper mechanism and didn't even think to look at the button itself. Works fine now. Thanks. If only there were an easy fix for the person that pressed the button

#1955 6 years ago
Quoted from Jpp718:

Thank you it was actually was set too high I lowered it

Good deal and glad that got you going.

#1956 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Upper flipper is erratic. I'd say 20% of the time does not work at all. Press the button, nada.

Don't you hate that ? I hate that. I hate when it happens. Here's what you do. Power off. Open the game up and lift the playfield and lean back. See the right flipper button area ? See the leaf blade switches ? See there are two sets. One for lower flipper and one for upper ? The one closest to the flipper button is for the lower. The one farthest from the flipper button is for the upper. The one for the upper. Please clean it, and adjust it so when you push the flipper button in, it closes it. It would like some adjusting to be 100%.

LTG : )

#1957 6 years ago

The day after getting my machine I decided to adjust the flipper button switches as they didn't feel right. I found the screws holding the switches to the cab were loose so I tried to tighten them. I found 3 of the four screws had been over tightened on installation and stripped the screw holes. The right switch was barely holding on but getting more and more unresponsive. Matchsticks in the holes time. Awesome build quality. Feels like a new starter on the Jjp line problem.

#1958 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't you hate that ? I hate that. I hate when it happens. Here's what you do. Power off. Open the game up and lift the playfield and lean back. See the right flipper button area ? See the leaf blade switches ? See there are two sets. One for lower flipper and one for upper ? The one closest to the flipper button is for the lower. The one farthest from the flipper button is for the upper. The one for the upper. Please clean it, and adjust it so when you push the flipper button in, it closes it. It would like some adjusting to be 100%.

Yeah, per a post a couple up, I admitted I had focused exclusively on the upper mech...figuring it had to be an issue with binding, EOS, wiring, etc., when snaroff mentioned I should check the leaf switch. As soon as I read that, I knew it was the issue. Rookie mistake.

The one good thing about the flipper was that my wife was killing me in a game when the ball got stuck behind the flipper and the flipper died. DARN, we ended up tilting it and eventually pull the glass. Doggonit, what a pity!

Now if you can figure out my lock down bar issue, I'd be a truly happy camper. I've spent at least 30 minutes adjusting the screws, validated the glass fits in the back channel fully but no success.

The only other issue we have is our lack of skill. No easy fix for that. I must say we are really enjoying it. It is so much faster (at times) than we had remembered...that's a good thing.

#1959 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Now if you can figure out my lock down bar issue, I'd be a truly happy camper. I've spent at least 30 minutes adjusting the screws, validated the glass fits in the back channel fully but no success.

Glad the flippers are back in action! Adjusting B/W lockdowns can involve some trial/error. When I'm having issues, it helps to adjust it with the PF up and see where the lock groove is engaging. When I've tried to do it without seeing it first hand, I usually mess up. If the screws don't do the trick, it's possible the lockdown hinge (bolted to the front cabinet) needs a minor adjustment (either up or down, depending on what you see). I didn't need to do this for DI, but I've needed to do it on other pins.

HTH,

snaroff

#1960 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Glass off, playfield up and leaned back. Put lockdown bar on. Look in there with a flashlight and see if lever/screws need to go up or down. Adjust and put together and check.

Worst case scenario, loosen lockdown screws holding to cabinet. Adjust receiver and tighten again, or remove lockdown bar receiver, put on lockdown bar, and make new holes and refasten receiver.

#1961 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Glass off, playfield up and leaned back. Put lockdown bar on. Look in there with a flashlight and see if lever/screws need to go up or down. Adjust and put together and check.
Worst case scenario, loosen lockdown screws holding to cabinet. Adjust receiver and tighten again, or remove lockdown bar receiver, put on lockdown bar, and make new holes and refasten receiver.

So, hammer not an option?

I'll give that a shot; however, I have bigger fish to fry. When you shoot the theater, 80% of the time it just drops SDTM....gotta find those posts in this thread that detail which settings to adjust. I can now relate to people's frustration.... "Shoot the theater" Hit it perfectly. STDM.

You sure a hammer isn't an option?

#1962 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If the screws don't do the trick, it's possible the lockdown hinge (bolted to the front cabinet) needs a minor adjustment (either up or down, depending on what you see). I didn't need to do this for DI, but I've needed to do it on other pins.
HTH,

I literally went all the way up and all the way down one turn at a time. It shouldn't be that fine of an adjustment. Fortunately, it doesn't impact the enjoyment of the game...thanks for your help

#1963 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

.gotta find those posts in this thread that detail which settings to adjust.

Tests - Devices - Theater Magnet, I have mine set to -90

#1964 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Devices - Theater Magnet, I have mine set to -90

Perfect, thanks!

#1965 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Perfect, thanks!

The Theatre Magnet has 2 behaviors..."catch and release" & "catch and throw". The Test->Device Setting effects "catch and throw", NOT "catch and release". My example had an awful bout of SDTM drains with "catch and release".

After lots of fiddling/leveling and some additional settings added by Ted Estes in 1.52, my STDM drains aren't as common. Ted has a great post on the JJP Google Group regarding the Theatre Magnet Behavior (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jersey-jack-pinball-woz/FzFQb0UMiAc).

PM me if you dig into this and need more help...lots of combat experience with it

snaroff

#1966 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

After lots of fiddling/leveling and some additional settings added by Ted Estes in 1.52, my STDM drains aren't as common. Ted has a great post on the JJP Google Group regarding the Theatre Magnet Behavior (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jersey-jack-pinball-woz/FzFQb0UMiAc).

Alas, not a member. Shot them a membership request; however, not sure how long that takes (it being Saturday, I suspect it won't be until Monday). I guess I should have immediately registered my machine. Anyhow, I thought I read this info cut and pasted in another thread...maybe your Dialing In thread? I'll check there.

#1967 6 years ago

Finally got a chance to pull my machine out last night and put some work into it. Got the following done:

- Adjusted diverter switch, so game always starts with mechanics arm up as intended.
- Sprayed some lube on trap door mech so now it opens/closes.
- Cut the mylar off magnets (they were already starting to bubble after less than 100 games).
- Replaced JJP phone/SIM protectors with Cliffys (WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!).
- Installed shooter lane Cliffy.

With all of these things done, I'm finally able to play and enjoy the game, and after installing 1.50, WOW! Game is packed with some serious fun! The light shows are insane! Playing with the lights dimmed was pretty awesome!

Now, just have to wait for JJP to send me my replacement ramp (balls still flying off the end of the wireform) and like many others in this thread, my theatre magnet releases balls SDTM.

#1968 6 years ago

Joined the ball trap by the drones club. This was an airball off the right side of the phone scoop that bounced up and landed here:

dialed in ball trap (resized).jpgdialed in ball trap (resized).jpg

#1969 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Finally got a chance to pull my machine out last night and put some work into it. Got the following done:
- Adjusted diverter switch, so game always starts with mechanics arm up as intended.
- Cut the mylar off magnets (they were already starting to bubble after less than 100 games).
With all of these things done, I'm finally able to play and enjoy the game, and after installing 1.50, WOW! Game is packed with some serious fun! The light shows are insane! Playing with the lights dimmed was pretty awesome!
Now, just have to wait for JJP to send me my replacement ramp (balls still flying off the end of the wireform) and like many others in this thread, my theatre magnet releases balls SDTM.

I also have a set of Cliffys coming to replace the factory Sim & phone scoop.. can’t wait to get them!

#1970 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quoted from Concretehardt:

I also have a set of Cliffys coming to replace the factory Sim & phone scoop.. can’t wait to get them!

I've literally yet to see anyone prefer the too-thick JJP protectors. It's a mystery to me why JJP tried to design something of their own that ended up worse than what was already out there, and wasted 2-3 months designing some while playfields were being damaged. I'm positive Cliff would be thrilled to work with them. Hopefully they at least talk to him for future JJP machines. It certainly would be nice to have day 1 protection on jjp Pirates.

#1971 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've literally yet to see anyone prefer the too-thick JJP protectors. It's a mystery to me why JJP tried to design something of their own that ended up worse than what was already out there, and wasted 2-3 months designing some while playfields were being damaged. I'm positive Cliff would be thrilled to work with them. Hopefully they at least talk to him for future JJP machines. It certainly would be nice to have day 1 protection on jjp Pirates.

Couldn't agree more, but it happens all the time...not unique to pinball (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_invented_here).

If a pinball manufacturer decides not to partner with a supplier (like Cliffy), at least do it better. Would love to see a PF *designed* to incorporate protectors (with an insert/lip for the protector to sit level to the PF). A design that doesn't effect ball movement would be awesome. The DI phone scoop is harder to achieve with the cliffies installed. Still easier than the JJP protectors, but not optimal.

snaroff

#1972 6 years ago

Does anyone happen to know what this issue may be? Everything looks fine from what I can tell.

IMG_20171210_000227 (resized).jpgIMG_20171210_000227 (resized).jpg

#1973 6 years ago

It sounds like the leaf switch by the rubber in the Drone area on the right is touching and needs to be bent back out and adjusted. I think that will fix it.

#1974 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Does anyone happen to know what this issue may be? Everything looks fine from what I can tell.

Go to the second switch test screen (the first one isn't the "real" screen) and lift the rubber in the drone area with the leaf switch. It will probably trigger as the moved rubber lets it open up. You need to adjust the leaf switch so it's not touching when the rubber is at rest and then triggers when the rubber is depressed.

#1975 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Did that get the error message cleared for you with the info that I posted and the more detailed response that PinMonk put up?

#1976 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

With all of these things done, I'm finally able to play and enjoy the game, and after installing 1.50, WOW! Game is packed with some serious fun! The light shows are insane!

Agreed!! The GI controls and effects of the lighting are so superb and they stepped it up even more with these latest updates. Really sets the bar!

#1977 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Did that get the error message cleared for you with the info that I posted and the more detailed response that vireland put up?

I bent the switches back a bit, and now when I boot up my game, I get the notification to press "enter" for error report, but when I do, it just shows a blank page on my screen. No longer shows the switch error, but for some reasons, it's telling me there is an error? Anyone know what that might be?

I'm also still having major issues with the theatre catching and releasing balls SDTM, and the phone scoop sometimes ejecting balls on a slow and weird angle which often go right between the flippers. The theatre is just infuriating though. There is no possibly way to put together a good game, as you're bound to lose at least 1-2 ball a game to this.

Not sure what I can do at this point. Do most of you guys have your game set at 6.5? And what part of the playfield are you gauging 6.5 at?

Thanks for all the help guys

#1978 6 years ago

Yesterday i get my Dialed in LE and first of all i am very happy..

The Software was the first , which are released. So i updatet first to 1.50 and than to 1.52. This was very easy....

Than the Problem:
I hear all the time a loud noise from the speakers and the Fan is very very loud.... (like my woman stands in front of me with a hoover)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/icpy7u693jr43o2/AAB9OnsSHDhV7QCg_SR9pr-ya?dl=0

Today i will try to change the Fan..but i am not sure if this will fixed the problem.

Someone have other Idea...

Thanks for help....

#1979 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm also still having major issues with the theatre catching and releasing balls SDTM, and the phone scoop sometimes ejecting balls on a slow and weird angle which often go right between the flippers. The theatre is just infuriating though. There is no possibly way to put together a good game, as you're bound to lose at least 1-2 ball a game to this.

I had the same really annoying issue. Here are some software setting Ted Estes added to help...taken directly from the JJP Google Group topic.

New in software release 1.52, added adjustment "Theater Magnet Catch Behavior" with the following settings:

- NORMAL: Theater magnet behaves EXACTLY how it did in Release 1.50 and earlier.
- PARTIAL: Removes the "catch and release" behavior. Ball will not be caught on the magnet, except for Drone Mystery and Showdown.
- OFF: Removes both the "catch and release" and "catch and toss". Ball will be caught on the magnet for Showdown only.
- TEST LAB: Replaces "catch and release" with "catch and wiggle". This is experimental code and is subject to change. If you don't like how it works, don't use it.

If your game tends to drop the ball between the flippers after being caught on the Theater magnet, try these steps (in order):

1. Adjust the playfield side-to-side pitch slightly by extending the right front leg leveler a small amount. The goal is to have the ball drop to the left flipper.
2. Change the "Theater Magnet Catch Behavior" to TEST LAB and see how that works for your game.
3. Change the "Theater Magnet Catch Behavior" to PARTIAL.
4. Change the "Theater Magnet Catch Behavior" to OFF.

If you don't feel like messing with the magnet and it just annoys you, set "Theater Magnet Catch Behavior" to OFF.

#1980 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I bent the switches back a bit, and now when I boot up my game, I get the notification to press "enter" for error report, but when I do, it just shows a blank page on my screen. No longer shows the switch error, but for some reasons, it's telling me there is an error? Anyone know what that might be?

Okay good you were able to get that cleared. When I did mine I had the same screen come up a couple times too and then eventually it went away after a couple boots.

#1981 6 years ago
Quoted from hornisse69:

I hear all the time a loud noise from the speakers and the Fan is very very loud.... (like my woman stands in front of me with a hoover)
Today i will try to change the Fan..but i am not sure if this will fixed the problem.
Thanks for help....

That definitely doesn't sound normal.

#1982 6 years ago
Quoted from hornisse69:

Yesterday i get my Dialed in LE and first of all i am very happy..
The Software was the first , which are released. So i updatet first to 1.50 and than to 1.52. This was very easy....
Than the Problem:
Thanks for help....

You should install in the PC ground loop isolator.

Here is the answer from Stephen from JJP:
Okay as far as the noise goes what will work is a ground loop isolator like they use for car stereos to cut out electrical interference. They are cheap and easy to install. You place it in line with the pink jack on the sound board - you plug the male plug that currently plugs into the pink input jack on the sound board into the isolator instead, then the male output from the isolator into the pink jack. No tools, no soldering, simple. You then need a place for the isolator body to live up there since things are tight but they are plastic small and extremely light so no big deal there.
Steve

#1983 6 years ago

Has anyone heard Mandi say

'Ohhh Bitchin!'

Heard her say it today and thought it was hilarious as it took over 200 games in to hear it.

#1984 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Not sure what I can do at this point. Do most of you guys have your game set at 6.5? And what part of the playfield are you gauging 6.5 at?
Thanks for all the help guys

Had the same problem, set the theatre magnet to -90 per LTG's suggestion, it now drops it to the left flipper.

#1985 6 years ago
Quoted from Scrappy01:

Had the same problem, set the theatre magnet to -90 per LTG's suggestion, it now drops it to the left flipper.

This adjustment improves "catch and throw", NOT "catch and release".

#1986 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Update your software to 1.52.

--Ted

#1987 6 years ago

Look what showed up today!

20171212_130531 (resized).jpg20171212_130531 (resized).jpg

20171212_130543.jpg20171212_130543.jpg

#1988 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

This adjustment improves "catch and throw", NOT "catch and release".

I also adjusted the pitch and leveled it just a little more at the same time as I changed the magnet setting, thought it was the magnet setting, my bad.

#1989 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I had the same really annoying issue. Here are some software setting Ted Estes added to help...taken directly from the JJP Google Group topic.
New in software release 1.52, added adjustment "Theater Magnet Catch Behavior" with the following settings:
- NORMAL: Theater magnet behaves EXACTLY how it did in Release 1.50 and earlier.
- PARTIAL: Removes the "catch and release" behavior. Ball will not be caught on the magnet, except for Drone Mystery and Showdown.
- OFF: Removes both the "catch and release" and "catch and toss". Ball will be caught on the magnet for Showdown only.
- TEST LAB: Replaces "catch and release" with "catch and wiggle". This is experimental code and is subject to change. If you don't like how it works, don't use it.
If your game tends to drop the ball between the flippers after being caught on the Theater magnet, try these steps (in order):
1. Adjust the playfield side-to-side pitch slightly by extending the right front leg leveler a small amount. The goal is to have the ball drop to the left flipper.
2. Change the "Theater Magnet Catch Behavior" to TEST LAB and see how that works for your game.
If you don't feel like messing with the magnet and it just annoys you, set "Theater Magnet Catch Behavior" to OFF.

That’s excellent info thanks for posting this up.

#1990 6 years ago

Hi Everyone, I'm having this little issue. Sometimes when I turn on the game, I get this Flickering in the Betty light as well as my Lock mod. To fix, I just need to reboot the game. But when it's happening, it seems like the game has low power, The phone scoop seems to just push the ball out, not fling it out like normal, and the flippers seems to have lost power as well. It's really strange. I took a video

#1991 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'll try that out later today.

Another problem started up. The diverter arm is now not lowering all the way down, so the ball gets stuck on the ramp when arm is down.

I banged my knee up playing hockey last night, so not sure I'll be able to get under the machine for a few days, as I have to pull the machine out from a bulkhead to raise the pf

What do you guys have you game set at? 6.5? 7? 7.5? Curious to hear...

#1992 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Hi Everyone, I'm having this little issue. Sometimes when I turn on the game, I get this Flickering in the Betty light as well as my Lock mod. To fix, I just need to reboot the game. But when it's happening, it seems like the game has low power, The phone scoop seems to just push the ball out, not fling it out like normal, and the flippers seems to have lost power as well. It's really strange. I took a video » YouTube video

I asked the flickering question to jjp support staff and was told it is normal behavior. My game does it too sometimes.

#1993 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What do you guys have you game set at? 6.5? 7? 7.5? Curious to hear...

#1994 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I asked the flickering question to jjp support staff and was told it is normal behavior. My game does it too sometimes.

Thanks! Glad I know it's not an issue

#1995 6 years ago

Measured where on the pf? Using digital level?

#1996 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Measured where on the pf? Using digital level?

Digital level is fine or pinball leveler ap...that will let you see if your bubble is pretty close or not.

#1997 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Digital level is fine or pinball leveler ap...that will let you see if your bubble is pretty close or not.

Haha again... Where do you guys generally take your measurement? In line with where bubble is, or top of slings?

The pf generally decreases in slope the higher you go.

#1998 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Haha again... Where do you guys generally take your measurement? In line with where bubble is, or top of slings?
The pf generally decreases in slope the higher you go.

Take mine above flippers and have my dile set to 7.0...

#1999 6 years ago

Today is the day to fine-tune/adjust the machine.
I was having SDTM issues with theater release and followed the JJP advice to raise front right leveler so that the ball would hit the left flipper. I have fewer SDTM now, but it hits the right flipper now, which obviously makes no sense. I'm not sure if it was a typo or something else is at play. But before I make the machine list 10 degrees to port, I figured I would ask.

1) where should the ball hit when it is a straight drop from the theater?
2) where should the ball hit when coming out of the station on the left?
3) when the ball is thrown upward from the drone, should it go into, above or below the sim card hole?
4) when the ball is thrown from the left out lane kicker, should it go to the left, right or into phone hole?

I realize and appreciate the random nature of pinball...sometimes, you hit the castle on MM and it drains...I get it. I'm just trying to make sure that I have it setup to be as P Lawlor intended.

#2000 6 years ago

1. Tip of right flipper on mine
2. middle. If you flip early you combo theatre. a bit later you combo the right orbit.
3. Drone is random.... It's a magnet so depends on ball location and speed when magnet pulses. Usually mine is between big bang and the sim slot.
4.Sometimes left. Sometimes in. Sometimes right. Depends on speed of ball coming in... You will never get it perfect.

Here is a 8 way combo I was able to fluke and you can see the drop position on there.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1162808570488497&id=1034286820007340

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 22.50
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/40?hl=tryton1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.