New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 177016)

Dialed In Owners and Fans Club

By goren1818

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,497 posts
  • 598 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Tranquilize
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,430 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Spider Mod 9 (resized).JPG
Spider Mod 5 (resized).JPG
Spider Mod 3 (resized).JPG
Spider Mod 2 (resized).JPG
Spider Mod 4 (resized).JPG
Dialed In (resized).jpg
69E02210-6C2A-49AD-B560-B311B80AEAEA (resized).jpeg
DSC00286 (resized).JPG
A8D517E3-E307-4470-9819-1CDDD5A7456F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
3FC693CA-2ED7-46A8-B0CF-54E0B30B6624 (resized).png
pinball (resized).jpg
2A97729F-578C-4278-9DF2-ADC942090607 (resized).jpeg
2020-11-11 12.08.12 (resized).jpg
2020-11-11 12.04.34 (resized).jpg
2020-11-11 12.06.33 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11497 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 230.
#151 3 years ago

Gameplay is identical. It's just cosmetics. I know it's simple but I wanted the powder coating and lighted ramp. That's just me.

#152 3 years ago

Joining the club. Trading my SA plus cash for an LE. Not sure on timing yet but pretty excited.

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Gameplay is identical. It's just cosmetics. I know it's simple but I wanted the powder coating and lighted ramp. That's just me.

LE also has invisa glass and a few other things over the standard right?

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

LE also has invisa glass and a few other things over the standard right?

Yes those are the main things

#155 3 years ago

I went LE, but it's purely a vanity upgrade. There's no real compromise going standard.

#156 3 years ago

Le is the best bang for your buck

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I went LE, but it's purely a vanity upgrade. There's no real compromise going standard

Does the standard have lit ramps? The invisiglass and powder coat armor look good. Can you get the comic book with the standard?

When do the CE's go on the line?

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Le is the best bang for your buck

How? I already have a sheet of invisiglass. The standard has a shaker. So all I would be getting is powdercoating (which I can get done for $150) and what, 10 LED's lined up on a ramp in the back part of the machine (in other words, this is not like the lighted ramps in tron).

Don't get me wrong, I like both editions, but the Standard is, to me, a better deal while the LE is a consideration if I want the small amount of extra bling and don't care that I have to spend $1K to get it.

The only other real reason I would consider an LE is to "have it now" since there is a used one close by for sale.

#159 3 years ago

You can't disregard the invisiglass just because you already have one. Also, you get the external volume control/headphone jack, the acrylic cityscape, the numbered plaque, signed playfield, and a couple other minor things. That's how.

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

You can't disregard the invisiglass just because you already have one. Also, you get the external volume control/headphone jack, the acrylic cityscape, the numbered plaque, signed playfield, and a couple other minor things. That's how.

You are exactly right. Before I got my LE, I did the cost analysis vs the standard. It truly is 1k difference.

#161 3 years ago

After all the positive reviews I am sold. Going to put metallica up for sale and get a Di le. Wife is sold she only wants kids friendly games in the house

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

After all the positive reviews I am sold. Going to put metallica up for sale and get a Di le. Wife is sold she only wants kids friendly games in the house

Should pair really well with the WOZ you have. Congrats on the decision.

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

3D sign over the theatre and the cityscape is also lit,I love my le,and am glad I opted for the more dear model but would be happy with the standard also,so nice jjp only has one floor plan and if you want some extra bling you can buy it,everybody is happy,great game

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Good move. Your family will find it very fun and entertaining. Pat has brought pinball from the 90's back and it feels good!

#165 3 years ago

I was bored, and decided to look back through the initial Dialed In reveal thread. Boy was that thread ugly. So much doom and gloom.

"JJP is done"
"Epic Fail"
"So wrong it makes me sick"

It's great to see the game has overcome the initial botched reveal, and people have discovered how great this game is.

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

Can you get the comic book with the standard?

OMG the comic book...how did I forget take my monies

EDIT: Sorry Read this the wrong way & not as a serious question, my bad.

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

It's great to see the game has overcome the initial botched reveal, and people have discovered how great this game is.

Absolutely. Who would of thought it would be convencingly beating Star Wars in the Pinside poll.

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

OMG the comic book...how did I forget take my monies

Obviously she's just asking a question...jeez. Not everyone follows every thread on Pinside and knows everything...

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Obviously she's just asking a question...jeez. Not everyone follows every thread on Pinside and knows everything...

Oh yes you are correct, my mistake. I read it as a usual snarky LE vs SE that fill this thread. Apologies.

#170 3 years ago

Hey for fun can I ask how kids are liking the game at home? Good? Blah?

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Hey for fun can I ask how kids are liking the game at home? Good? Blah?

My boys finally gave it a shot. They love it. I have some decent pinballs and they never play them. So to play this one and to play it daily, is saying something, to me atleast.

#172 3 years ago

My kids rarely ever play any of my pins. Dialed In has been something special. They really enjoy it, and so do all of their friends. It's the only game that gets turned on anymore.

#173 3 years ago

3 LE's shipped here Thursday,any day now

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My boys finally gave it a shot. They love it. I have some decent pinballs and they never play them. So to play this one and to play it daily, is saying something, to me atleast.

Are they playing it on their own accord or after you prompt them? What separates it in their eyes from your other games? What do they think of the selfie mode?

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Oh wow, it's supposed to fling it up and around? I should be able to get it ironed out now that I know that.
Btw, what a great use of the display in the theater. It was a cool surprise when they had what looked like 3 pop ups target displayed, and everytime I hit it, One it would disappear. Really well thought out all around.

I didn't know about the ball getting flung back into the pop bumpers (AKA The Shadow) I had to set my magnet setting to around -150 in order for it to work.

#176 3 years ago

Its just a fun original theme that works well this day in age especially to us younger crowd. We absolutely love everything about it including the selfie and emoji mode as it just adds amother fun element to a allready amazing playing pin. Then add in the display and lighting and you have a really great package.

#177 3 years ago

Played DI at the Seattle Pinball Museum this weekend with my family. I have 3 kids 14,13,11 and DI was the only table that we played as a family. My kids will not stand around and watch someone play pinball while waiting for their turn, maybe I should get them checked for ADD, but they did for DI. The LCD on this table keeps the players waiting their turn entertained, between the scrolling fake news, the emojis, selfies and everything else it kept them from getting impatient. The selfie mode gave them ample opportunity to harass each other about the pic. My oldest daughter was not too keen on it because she wasn't able to play and pose at the same time, which the younger two immediately jumped on that opportunity. I sold my GBLE to buy DILE.

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are they playing it on their own accord or after you prompt them? What separates it in their eyes from your other games? What do they think of the selfie mode?

To tell you the truth, several things. They noticed I got a new pin. Though it was cool looking. Then they played it on their own. Invited friends over and they thought the selfie mode was awesome. Then I asked would the like to use there cell to play. They were like, WHAT!!!! I showed them and thought what a great, cool idea. They played for hours with and with out the cell. I think it caught there eye because it was not a theme pinball. That's what 3 of them said.

#179 3 years ago

Just got mine today and put it into my location. Looking great! The lightning bolts fell out of the dude's hands about three flips into the first ball. No idea how those are supposed to stay in place given the design. Any tips? (Yes, I put the short end to the right, like the bulletin)

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Just got mine today and put it into my location. Looking great! The lightning bolts fell out of the dude's hands about three flips into the first ball. No idea how those are supposed to stay in place given the design. Any tips? (Yes, I put the short end to the right, like the bulletin)

In the JJP setup/unboxing vid, they couldn't keep it in there either. Butch made an off hand comment to just use come clear silicone. Seems like an alright idea. A dab in both hands, perhaps? Not too much, just a dab will do yah

#181 3 years ago

Also I'm surprised some owner hasn't made an issue/fixes thread.

#182 3 years ago

Has anyone gotten the iPhone app to work? When I open it on my iPhone it immediately closes.

Edit: After about 5 mins it opened correctly and asked for my name. It appears to be working now although I have not connected it up the machine.

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Same here. Did you try the silicone? Any other ideas?

#184 3 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Same here. Did you try the silicone? Any other ideas?

I used a hot gluegun, a dab in each hand. 30 second fix, problem solved

#185 3 years ago

What angle is everyone setting their playfield to?

#186 3 years ago

I put it up with all legs levelers screwed in and it ended up with the bubble touching the 3rd line. Manual says bubble touching 2nd line is stock but it plays fine for me the way it is.

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

I put it up with all legs levelers screwed in and it ended up with the bubble touching the 3rd line. Manual says bubble touching 2nd line is stock but it plays fine for me the way it is.

I wouldn't always trust the bubble level. By the time I got my bubble level to the second line I was at 7.5 degrees. I switched out the bubble level with another machine and it was showing 4th line. I would download the level app on your phone or get a digital level and set your machine up at 6.5 degrees (should be all 4 legs down). If it doesn't play fast enough for you go up from there. I found my DI plays plenty fast at 6.5 in my opinion.

#188 3 years ago

I played DI at Game Underground in the Natick Mall in Natick Mass yesterday. They have moved from the Mall map described location so be aware of that, they are on the second floor near Macy's, inside the mall. Anyway, DI, AS, ST Pro and GOT are there. DI was a lot of fun, hard to pay attention to the LCD in the back box while playing and the game tells you what to shoot for, tougher to hear in an arcade like that, but I agree it feels like a B/W '90s game.

#189 3 years ago

Anybody know where these go? They were in the cabinet. And is the screw hole by the left outlane just somewhere else to put the post? Never seen that one before.

20170722_095806 (resized).jpg

20170722_095653 (resized).jpg

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Anybody know where these go? They were in the cabinet. And is the screw hole by the left outlane just somewhere else to put the post? Never seen that one before.

That goes to the comp case I believe

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from thatdangguy:

Also I'm surprised some owner hasn't made an issue/fixes thread.

True. That's always a plus. Really helps others AND the manufacturer.

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

That goes to the comp case I believe

The thumb screw went in the coin door thankfully. I think the washer is from the wireform that was missing the nylon nut so I should be ok. (Except I can't find the nut, lol)

#193 3 years ago

never mind,you found it

#194 3 years ago

I was wondering are there any other flipper or magnet effects besides during Showdown and the drones?

#195 3 years ago

Yep, during the EMP strike mode and Under Attack multiball at least.

#196 3 years ago

Anyone order mirror blades yet or know if ones sold for WOZ and TH will fit DI?

#197 3 years ago

Well not in the club yet... In case anyone would like to know standard DOES NOT fit in a 2016 Chevy equinox

There's 100 miles down the shitter

Exit: not true, it's a 2017...and the back seat want pulled forward and it needed some lube.

#198 3 years ago

Set up two Dialed In LE's yesterday.
Worked perfect out of the box

IMG_3080 (resized).JPG

#199 3 years ago

I finally go to play one of these, the one at Ground Kontrol. It's very, very fun! The theme is not exactly what I was expecting either, pleasantly surprised. Will definitely be back for more.

#200 3 years ago

FG (resized).jpg
I'll get it working maybe

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.50
There are 11497 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 230.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside