IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 273.
#1851 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Ver 1.52 is out
http://159.203.76.48/di/di_update_152.zip
==============================================================================
== Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. ==
== Presents ==
== Dialed In ==
== http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/ ==
== Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JerseyJackPinball ==
== Support Portal: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com ==
== Company Twitter: @JJPinball ==
== Software Department Twitter: @JJPSoftware ==
== Copyright � 2017 Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. ==
Comments, questions, and/or bug reports? Ask @JJPSoftware, which is monitored
and responded by humans.
Issues with your game?
Please open a ticket: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com
== Legend ==
+ Addition * Change/bugfix - Note
== Version 1.52 November 30, 2017 ==
=== Game Code
* Fixed score display bug triggered by tilting in a multi-player game
* Fixed Chaos Multiball becoming unavailable after player a Quick Multiball
* Fixed a crash bug that happens when Big Bang difficulty is changed
+ Added adjustment for Theater Magnet catch behavior
=== Core Code
* Fixed audio mixing issue that resulted in distorted sounds
* Fixed ball tracking error caused by losing ball from lockup during ballsaver
+ Added CUSTOMIZATION sub-menu under UTILITIES in Diagnostics
* Changed timing of Self Test Report display at power up
== Version 1.50 October 31, 2017 ==
- KNOWN ISSUES:
Tilting in a multi-player game can cause the other player's score display to
run up forever. (This is a display issue, not a scoring problem.)
Starting a Quick Multiball when Chaos in Quantum City is lit can take away
the chance to play Chaos in Quantum City.
=== Game Code
+ Added Test Report message for BT dongle not present
* Updated some choreography for Chaos in Quantum City mode
+ Added design team selfies in attract mode
* Added some new graphics and sound effects
* Fixed Crazy Mode display effects hanging around during wizard modes
=== Core Code
+ Added check for switches stuck closed/open at power up
+ Added check for any opto switch working at power up; multiball devices will
not kick if no opto switch working
+ Added display message at power up if Test Report error detected
* Trough will abandon kicking after a while
+ Added check for all trough switches closed (including jam); trough will not
kick when this condition detected (likely a failure of the trough board);
game will not start during this condition, and a Trough Error message is
displayed
* Multiball devices will abandon kicking with coin door open now; abandoned
devices will kick when door is closed
* Turned on Test Report "dot" Paid Play preset

Thank you for the update on this, that's awesome news!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1852 6 years ago

Gotta love those JJP updates!

#1853 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Gotta love those JJP updates!

No doubt. This is my first JJP and the code support is amazing.

#1854 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

No doubt. This is my first JJP and the code support is amazing.

Fully agree!

#1855 6 years ago

Still unable to connect the app. I don't know whats up anymore. Wish there was some kind of test for it.

#1856 6 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Still unable to connect the app. I don't know whats up anymore. Wish there was some kind of test for it.

What model of phone and version of phone OS are you using?

#1857 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

What model of phone and version of phone OS are you using

I'm using the latest Android on a Pixel 1.

#1858 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Do we know for sure that they actually INTEND to include more animations in a future update?

Yes. I have talked directly with the software team and yes they are going to be in there

#1859 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

+ Added design team selfies in attract mode

Classic!

#1860 6 years ago

Hi there,
Next new owner soon.
Do you think next code could change the chaos of quantum mode as it plays like regular MB with same jackpots but with higher points?
Just wondering if it was in Ted’s plan to code something different.
Thanks

#1861 6 years ago

Can anyone please explain how to pick the next disaster mod? I have watched the papa video 10 times and still can't figure it out.

#1862 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Can anyone please explain how to pick the next disaster mod? I have watched the papa video 10 times and still can't figure it out.

The disasters are identified by icons on the phone (they look like "apps"). If you cradle the ball with the left flipper, pressing the right flipper will change what icon is selected on the phone (by moving forward). Go 1 past the disaster you want, since pressing the left flipper to shoot the scoop will move backward one disaster. Apparently LOTR allows you to do this, however I've owned it since 2004 and never select a mode explicitly. Always nice to see Bowen play and point out tricks!

snaroff

#1863 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The disasters are identified by icons on the phone (they look like "apps"). If you cradle the ball with the left flipper, pressing the right flipper will change what icon is selected on the phone (by moving forward). Go 1 past the disaster you want, since pressing the left flipper to shoot the scoop will move backward one disaster. Apparently LOTR allows you to do this, however I've owned it since 2004 and never select a mode explicitly. Always nice to see Bowen play and point out tricks!
snaroff

Thanks man

#1864 6 years ago

Question. Can I download and install 1.52 without installing 1.50 straight from the org version?

#1865 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Question. Can I download and install 1.52 without installing 1.50 straight from the org version?

I don;t THINK so...152 seems to be a very small update from what i downloaded...if i did it correctly.

EDIT: Or using their terms it sems 1.50 was a full update and 1.52 is a Delta?

#1866 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don;t THINK so...152 seems to be a very small update from what i downloaded...if i did it correctly.

So do a full 1.50 install and then 1.52? My dialed in wont even boot now

#1867 6 years ago

Yes, put 1.50 in the USB port and turn the game on, it should install 1.50, then go through the menus and update to 1.52.

#1868 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So do a full 1.50 install and then 1.52? My dialed in wont even boot now

Go to jerseyjackpinball.com Please read the directions to do a full install of 1.50 and then delta 1.52 . Putting on memory stick and into a game is different for both.

When you do the full install. There are three screens in Dialed In. Backbox, cellphone, and theater. First one to turn on will show the progress. If it's in the theater, it will be small, and inverted. Harder to read when it's finished.

If you did the 1.50 right and bricked the game. Try a fresh download or different memory stick.

LTG : )

#1869 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go to jerseyjackpinball.com Please read the directions to do a full install of 1.50 and then delta 1.52 . Putting on memory stick and into a game is different for both.
When you do the full install. There are three screens in Dialed In. Backbox, cellphone, and theater. First one to turn on will show the progress. If it's in the theater, it will be small, and inverted. Harder to read when it's finished.
If you did the 1.50 right and bricked the game. Try a fresh download or different memory stick.

I got it to work now. Question: are the animation characters ALL suppose to talk now with the mouths moving???

#1870 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I got it to work now. Question: are the animation characters ALL suppose to talk now with the mouths moving???

Still no full animations in 1.52.

#1871 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

fyi...the "readme" usually has a fairly complete log of what the release contains.

== Version 1.52 November 30, 2017 ==
=== Game Code
* Fixed score display bug triggered by tilting in a multi-player game
* Fixed Chaos Multiball becoming unavailable after player a Quick Multiball
* Fixed a crash bug that happens when Big Bang difficulty is changed
+ Added adjustment for Theater Magnet catch behavior
=== Core Code
* Fixed audio mixing issue that resulted in distorted sounds
* Fixed ball tracking error caused by losing ball from lockup during ballsaver
+ Added CUSTOMIZATION sub-menu under UTILITIES in Diagnostics
* Changed timing of Self Test Report display at power up

#1872 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

That sucks!!!

#1873 6 years ago

At least they're getting finished! In the 1.13 thread the initial response about the non-animated ones was "as designed" which was concerning since it so obviously was unfinished. It's been confirmed that they will all be animated, which is good enough for me.

#1874 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At least they're getting finished! In the 1.13 thread the initial response about the non-animated ones was "as designed" which was concerning since it so obviously was unfinished. It's been confirmed that they will all be animated, which is good enough for me.

I was just hoping this year. I appreciate the code updates but this one is one I wanted done asap.

#1875 6 years ago

I understand you want completed code ASAP. That’s normal when buying such an expensive toy. But keep in mind: This pin was released with the most complete code of any pin released in several years. All of the code updates are mostly bug fixes and changes requested by the owners/players. NO other manufacturer (except maybe Spooky with TNA - another stellar game) has released a pin with complete code this year. I played my buddy’s Guardians of the Galaxy tonight. Compared to DI it’s SO incomplete. The in/out lanes will light but don’t complete anything when all are lit and then they don’t go out. There are so many missing pieces to the game, that if I had bought it I would have sold it after one week. My friend who owns it and I realized that the only benefit of owning it now is that he will be able to get good at the shots, so that when the new code is eventually released he will be able to play it well.
I for one am extremely satisfied with the level of code that JJP has achieved for this revolutionary game. As Jack himself has said - From now on JJP will only release games with complete code. That’s unprecedented in this business.

#1876 6 years ago

New code is great and the sound is much better now

#1877 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

New code is great and the sound is much better now

Big improvement in sound. Update only took seconds.

#1878 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Big improvement in sound. Update only took seconds.

Yeah, your not kidding. It was so fast I thought it didn't take. lol

#1879 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

ltg
Think my DI is having major issues. So played ball one. No problem. Ball 2, ball doesn't launch from the trough. Turn off the pin open the coin door wiggle the connectors on the trough make sure they are nice and tight. No issues there. Turn on the pin, get that there is an error. Open the coin door, press enter, no errors are showing. OK. Close the coin door and start a game. Ball launches immediately from the trough, auto launched into the game, pin is going crazy. I turned it off right away.
Turned it back on, and had a huge list of errors. Exited out of the menu, launched a game, and exact same thing. I should mention, that when I had the pin turned on, all the lights stayed on (i.e., no attract mode) and QED dude kept moving. I'm thinking this is something major, but then again, I could be wrong. Any pinsiders help me out??

Spent an hour on the phone with tech at JJP. No fix via trouble-shooting. Sending a replacement IO board.

#1880 6 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I'm using the latest Android on a Pixel 1.

I don't know anyone with a Pixel 1 that has gotten the app to work with it, myself included.

#1881 6 years ago

Anyone have a link to a proven USB stick that works with JJP? Even though the file is under 4gb and my stick is 8gb it says it is too small. The stick is old so time for an upgrade.

#1882 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Anyone have a link to a proven USB stick that works with JJP? Even though the file is under 4gb and my stick is 8gb it says it is too small. The stick is old so time for an upgrade.

Have you reformatted your stick? Maybe the FAT is damaged? Also it has to be FAT, not NTFS.

#1883 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Anyone have a link to a proven USB stick that works with JJP?

I've always used PNY brand. Works great for me. JJP and Stern.

https://www.amazon.com/PNY-Attache-Flash-Drive-P-FD16GATT03-GE/dp/B003SGQQQU/ref=sr_1_10

#1884 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you reformatted your stick? Maybe the FAT is damaged? Also it has to be FAT, not NTFS.

I'll be honest I don't know what that means. Tried to just drag the iso file onto the drive and it said it was too big, got that program JJP mentions in their instructions unetboot and the drive won't even come up in the drop down menu.

#1885 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I'll be honest I don't know what that means. Tried to just drag the iso file onto the drive and it said it was too big,

Right click on the stick in windows and select reformat. Reformat it to "FAT" format. NTFS has a max of 4 gigs files.

#1886 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I'll be honest I don't know what that means. Tried to just drag the iso file onto the drive and it said it was too big, got that program JJP mentions in their instructions unetboot and the drive won't even come up in the drop down menu.

This is on a PC, right (not mac)?

What version are you trying to update to? Have you done 1.50 already? If you're dragging the 1.50 ISO to the stick, you're doing it wrong. For full updates like 1.50, you need to use ubootnetin to have it put the ISO files on the stick for you and make it bootable.

Here's the full install (ver 1.50 is a full install you have to do BEFORE the delta 1.52 update) instructions, step by step:

http://159.203.76.48/general/install-full/

#1887 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

JJP mentions in their instructions unetboot and the drive won't even come up in the drop down menu.

You doing a full install ( 1.50 ) ?

Follow the full install instructions. Download unetbootin, open it, use that to put the 1.50 on a memory stick. Turn game off. Plug memory stick into the USB cable by the cash box. Turn game on. Progress may appear on the backbox screen, cellphone screen, or in the theater. In the theater is small, hard to see, and inverted. When done. Turn game off. Remove memory stick. Turn game back on.

http://159.203.76.48/general/install-full/

Then do 1.52 delta update. Read instructions for delta update.

http://159.203.76.48/general/install-delta/

Quoted from Pale_Purple:

JJP mentions in their instructions unetboot and the drive won't even come up in the drop down menu.

It's in step 1. of full install. Pick for windows or mac of it's website.

If 1.50 is in your game. Just do the delta 1.52, don't mess with unetbootin.

#1888 6 years ago

So. Much. Pain!

during-labor-the-pain-is-so-great-that-a-woman-4095032 (resized).pngduring-labor-the-pain-is-so-great-that-a-woman-4095032 (resized).png

#1889 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Its not a bug, they just haven't finished the animations for everything yet.
I've played 1.52 for the last 3 hours. Not many changes, more bug fixes than anything.

I did the update to 1.52 on Friday too. Only played 5 mins though as it took a few awkward machine restarts to get it to boot properly after completion. Good to know.

#1890 6 years ago

Checking in to see if anybody was ready to sell this Game yet.. then I see an update was just released! Damn it! That’s great!

#1891 6 years ago

I did modify my theater magnet to -100 and the catch and toss works great. I love that effect.

I've never had an issue with magnet to SDTM. I suspect a very slight change in left/right pitch makes all the difference. I don't use digital levels, I just use a bubble and basically judge a game with how it feels and call it a day.

The new audio mixing solves all the clipping, and with the sound up the game sounds as good as it plays.

#1892 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I did modify my theater magnet to -100 and the catch and toss works great. I love that effect.
I've never had an issue with magnet to SDTM. I suspect a very slight change in left/right pitch makes all the difference. I don't use digital levels, I just use a bubble and basically judge a game with how it feels and call it a day.

I love the "catch and toss" as well...mine is set to -120. Works great.

Glad to hear your example doesn't have the SDTM disease For my example, changing the pitch slightly didn't have an effect. Sure, I could change the pitch more than slightly and eventually the ball will avoid going SDTM, however that doesn't make sense to me (since it would negatively effect all other shots). Here are some photos/videos for anyone else experiencing my issue.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0dGrhkPxG2TCix

I'm using the "TEST LAB" option that Ted added in 1.52 and it seems to work better for me. I'd like to see both theatre magnet behaviors (release, toss) testable/configurable. This would make it easier to simulate/test what happens during gameplay. At the moment, only toss is testable/configurable.

On my machine, if I set the "catch and toss" behavior to 60, it simulates what I'd like to see for "catch and release". Delivers the ball to the tip of the right flipper 10 out of 10 times.

snaroff

#1893 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I love the "catch and toss" as well...mine is set to -120. Works great.
Glad to hear your example doesn't have the SDTM disease For my example, changing the pitch slightly didn't have an effect. Sure, I could change the pitch more than slightly and eventually the ball will avoid going SDTM, however that doesn't make sense to me (since it would negatively effect all other shots). Here are some photos/videos for anyone else experiencing my issue.
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0dGrhkPxG2TCix
I'm using the "TEST LAB" option that Ted added in 1.52 and it seems to work better for me. I'd like to see both theatre magnet behaviors (release, toss) testable/configurable. This would make it easier to simulate/test what happens during gameplay. At the moment, only toss is testable/configurable.
On my machine, if I set the "catch and toss" behavior to 60, it simulates what I'd like to see for "catch and release". Delivers the ball to the tip of the right flipper 10 out of 10 times.
snaroff

In spite of your insistence your game is level, it's probably not. Stop using a level or your phone. roll balls down the field, if they come down straight is level. A level will be off if it's not placed absolutely perfectly avoid the field. A small round level isn't terribly accurate. The ball rolling is accurate.

#1894 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Here are some photos/videos for anyone else experiencing my issue.

What happens if you move the machine and not just let it STDM you?

#1895 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You save the ball.

#1896 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

In spite of your insistence your game is level, it's probably not. Stop using a level or your phone. roll balls down the field, if they come down straight is level. A level will be off if it's not placed absolutely perfectly avoid the field. A small round level isn't terribly accurate. The ball rolling is accurate.

I have 3 different levels. Please stop telling me I don't know how to measure/adjust.

You go out of your way to say moving the left ramp is a "hack", yet making the machine tilt to the left to accommodate "catch/release" is goodness.

I know you are probably well intentioned, but my issue isn't imagined or unique...other folks are having this issue! Catching and releasing a ball in the center of the PF is just wrong...especially since the magnet is capable of pulsing (like it does for "catch and toss").

Quoted from TheLaw:

Nudging sometimes works, but if you look closely at the video, it's not that close to the left flipper.

Geesh...I've demonstrated that I'm more than willing to work around issues (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialing-in-dialed-in-le-96), however if the software can do something that benefits everyone, then I'm going to speak up.

snaroff

#1897 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Nudging sometimes works, but if you look closely at the video, it's not that close to the left flipper.

Well it's not close to the flipper because you're not nudging the machine

#1898 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have 3 different levels. Please stop telling me I don't know how to measure/adjust.

Have you done the old school roll test? That's how I used to level my games and it was pretty accurate.

#1899 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Have you done the old school roll test? That's how I used to level my games and it was pretty accurate.

I've always used levels in the past (with ~30-40 other pins). Never had an issue. I guess I can try an old school test on a new fangled pin and ignore what the levels are saying. I'm curious, did you have any issues with "catch and release"?

#1900 6 years ago

Nope, my theatre has always worked perfectly right out of the box - drop to left flipper tip.

I had to adjust the timing to -90.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.