New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 177016)

Dialed In Owners and Fans Club

By goren1818

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,023 posts
  • 581 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 minutes ago by Tranquilize
  • Topic is favorited by 207 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,354 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

398E21AD-4446-45B0-817C-607B0CE48B1D_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
4C865A3F-732B-45DD-8FEC-63685E883A44_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
297B4F06-FC6D-4AEC-B82D-022DF73EA803 (resized).jpeg
50BDCDDC-609B-406A-818C-2F6B0F1A3A27 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5D9F356C-47A7-4397-8F92-BA33BF31DEB3 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20200903_205652171 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200903_205734241 (resized).jpg
E1EA0EE9-0CF2-404C-8499-4463D7A0CAB3 (resized).jpeg
48028BC3-8F75-4F97-B024-81F02232C726 (resized).jpeg
15979796255283008982572785485248 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200802_152318 (resized).jpg
dialedin (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11023 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 221.
#1801 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

On average, I lose 1 ball per game to "catch and release".

How did you confirm your game was level?

#1802 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've been working on my magnet behavior without much success. It's important to know there are 2 primary magnet behaviors..."catch and release" and "catch and toss". The setting you are altering effects the "toss" backwards behavior (which works fine on my machine). You can test your using the Theatre Magnet Test diagnostic (https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0dGrhkPxG2TCix).
The "catch and release" is what burns me. Here is some more info on the topic: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jersey-jack-pinball-woz/F_TTrGjIixo
At this point, constant drains are the only remaining annoyance with my machine. Otherwise, it's shooting great now (after many tweaks which I will soon post).
snaroff

Thanks
For those who don't have access to the JJP forum
A post from Ted about the magnet

---------------------------------

In an effort to clarify how the theater magnet in Dialed In works, here are some notes.
The magnet will catch and release the ball for these conditions:
first shot in Volcano mode
all shots in EMP mode
Kilowatt "drop target"
Transit "train bash"
Drone "captive ball"
The magnet will catch the ball and attempt to toss it up through the theater when a Drone Mystery package is collected.
The magnet will catch and hold the ball for the start of Showdown.
There have been no changes in the code for the magnet behavior between Release 1.13 and 1.50. (That code hasn't been touched since April.)
Regarding the "catch and toss" behavior:
I put the functionality in as an experiment. I couldn't get it to work consistently on my development game, and expected that I would likely disable the function before production. However, it worked well enough on a handful of prototype games that I decided to leave it in.
The tossing works by releasing the ball, then pulsing the magnet after delay while the ball rolls away from the magnet. That delay is adjustable in Magnet Test.
For the tossing to be reliable, the ball motion as it rolls off the magnet has to be fairly consistent. I haven't figured out what conditions contribute to inconsistency. Some games work better than others, but I'm sure that the behavior for any particular game is subject to change over time because of dirt, wear, etc.
--Ted

#1803 2 years ago

Can't you just raise one of the front leg levelers a bit? I can't imagine you would need to raise it much, we are talking fractions of inches here for the ball to deviate slightly as it rolls down the playfield and hit the tip of a flipper.

#1804 2 years ago

Is there an adjustment for the shaker motor's strength / use?

I don't own the game yet, but am curious how active the shaker can be in the game.

#1805 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

How did you confirm your game was level?

Glass off, with a high quality level (not an iPhone I've been doing this awhile...

snaroff

#1806 2 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Is there an adjustment for the shaker motor's strength /

Yes. Settings - Coils - General. ( extreme at your own risk )

LTG : )

#1807 2 years ago

Guys just a quick question please. A mate owns one, 2 days old in fact and when the ball travels down the wire form to the left flipper it jumps off and drains! Happened a few times last night but apparently he had massive issues straight out of the box!!

He has since placed a couple washers under the screw where it tightens into the sling but is this normal?? Fixable?? Anything to do with pitch??

Read a few pages back but didn't see anything so apologies if its been covered.

#1808 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Settings - Coils - General. ( extreme at your own risk )

Thank you, Lloyd.

#1809 2 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Anything to do with pitch??

Yes...It seems to settle down a bit over time, but pitch over 6.5 can cause it to jump off.

#1811 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes...It seems to settle down a bit over time, but pitch over 6.5 can cause it to jump off.

What do you mean settle down? He says the pitch is at 6.5? have all new owners experienced this? Seems very unusual for a NIB to have these sort of geometry issues straight out of the box??

#1812 2 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

What do you mean settle down? He says the pitch is at 6.5? have all new owners experienced this? Seems very unusual for a NIB to have these sort of geometry issues straight out of the box??

Mine did it every now and then for first 100 games or so and has since stopped.

#1813 2 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

have all new owners experienced this?

Not all of them but it is a common issue yes.

#1814 2 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

He says the pitch is at 6.5?

Bubble level at the second line, the leg levellers should be screwed in right to the top.

As for snaroff I suggest a turn or perhaps two out on the right side front leveller.

#1815 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Bubble level at the second line, the leg levellers should be screwed in right to the top.
As for snaroff I suggest a turn or perhaps two out on the right side front leveller.

Thanks, I'll fiddle a bit. Thanks for your help...

#1816 2 years ago

I have a q about the cliffy at the sim hole. Can someone pm me their cell. Thanks.

#1817 2 years ago

Is there another code due for release?
Since updating to 1.50 some of the phone animations don’t work like they did in 1.13

#1818 2 years ago

I'm testing 1.51 right now, and the sound problem has been fixed, the game sounds great. Hopefully this will be released sometime this week. As far as the phone animation goes, I haven't seen any changes.

#1819 2 years ago

Anyone have a drone propeller break off? I don’t remember an air all there but have a broken one. Opened ticket, hopefully get a replacement.

#1821 2 years ago

Just got reply saying blades are on the way

#1822 2 years ago

Finally took the plunge and ordered an LE. Game looks amazing I think this will be a classic machine it is so different than any other game. So much variety. The unlicensed theme is what I like about it I think it really shows off the creativity of the game and the software. Can’t wait to get it!

#1823 2 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Finally took the plunge and ordered an LE. Game looks amazing I think this will be a classic machine it is so different than any other game. So much variety. The unlicensed theme is what I like about it I think it really shows off the creativity of the game and the software. Can’t wait to get it!

Its a masterpiece.....

#1824 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its a masterpiece.....

It really is. I was talking to my brother just the other day about it. I feel this will be a very sought after title some years down the road.

#1825 2 years ago

Fun ball trap last night at league!

The ball is wild!

Oh hello

#1826 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Fun ball trap last night at league!
The ball is wild!

watch out for the tips of those lightning bolts. I was pulling the glass and my fingers grazed them and they drew blood like a sharp knife!!

#1827 2 years ago

Anyone know how to pair phone to machine? Can’t get it to pair. Says no machine found on app.

#1828 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

watch out for the tips of those lightning bolts. I was pulling the glass and my fingers grazed them and they drew blood like a sharp knife!!

You play with lighting you get burned son

#1829 2 years ago

I've just fitted my replacement smartphone and all is well. I've read others ask about the animations on the phone screen but couldn't relate before because my screen was down, now I'm noticing some of the face animations not running. For instance the sergeant major type guy who talks during the meteor mode, I've seen that mode start with just a static image of him but sometimes with him animating. Glitch/bug? Also does the scientist that talks during singularity animate? he didn't for me just now.

Interestingly the colour of the LED's around the phone are much stronger on this replacement phone, the blue much bluer and the green much greener, but the red is the biggest difference, on my old one the red was orange, I noticed the difference immediately.

#1830 2 years ago

ltg

Think my DI is having major issues. So played ball one. No problem. Ball 2, ball doesn't launch from the trough. Turn off the pin open the coin door wiggle the connectors on the trough make sure they are nice and tight. No issues there. Turn on the pin, get that there is an error. Open the coin door, press enter, no errors are showing. OK. Close the coin door and start a game. Ball launches immediately from the trough, auto launched into the game, pin is going crazy. I turned it off right away.

Turned it back on, and had a huge list of errors. Exited out of the menu, launched a game, and exact same thing. I should mention, that when I had the pin turned on, all the lights stayed on (i.e., no attract mode) and QED dude kept moving. I'm thinking this is something major, but then again, I could be wrong. Any pinsiders help me out??

Error (resized).jpg

#1831 2 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

ltg

Think my DI is having major issues.

If those switches aren't stuck closed. Please go to jerseyjackpinball.com and under support open a ticket. Something appears wrong, maybe I/O board.

#1832 2 years ago

Not sure what you mean by stuck closed. When I went into the switch test, they didn't register.

#1833 2 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Not sure what you mean by stuck closed. When I went into the switch test, they didn't register.

In Tests - Switches - Matrixed, are they showing closed ? If so, can you pull on them and show a change to open ? Most of those look like leaf blade switches that could need adjusting.

If they are physically closed, they won't register. If they aren't physically closed at each switch, then something bad happened elsewhere.

#1834 2 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

I'm testing 1.51 right now, and the sound problem has been fixed, the game sounds great. Hopefully this will be released sometime this week. As far as the phone animation goes, I haven't seen any changes.

That is great news ... the scratchy sound is nerving, so I abort all animations (as possible) to get rid off voices.

For the magnet behavior ... maybe a gate is a solution like on BoP and MM .... ball in in full brightness, ball out only to set little left or rigt. Yesterday I had my GC game wir 3.3 Millions and the last 2 balls went out directly from the magnet thru the middle ....

At least some times the kickback is active but not illuminated, but I am sure that someone reported that already ...

#1835 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In Tests - Switches - Matrixed, are they showing closed ? If so, can you pull on them and show a change to open ? Most of those look like leaf blade switches that could need adjusting.
If they are physically closed, they won't register. If they aren't physically closed at each switch, then something bad happened elsewhere.

No. Physically fine.

#1836 2 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

No. Physically fine.

Open a ticket then. Something happened.

#1837 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

For the magnet behavior ... maybe a gate is a solution like on BoP and MM .... ball in in full brightness, ball out only to set little left or rigt. Yesterday I had my GC game wir 3.3 Millions and the last 2 balls went out directly from the magnet thru the middle ....

I just had a decent game (800k)...collected a couple SIM cards and then had my last 2 balls go directly from the theatre magnet SDTM. Sigh.

I really hope the next update can address these "cheap, catch/release" drains. Really maddening. What's weird is the SDTM behavior comes and goes...

snaroff

#1839 2 years ago

I just noticed the gate behind my theater is stuck up and rubbing against ball guide..i figure this gate is to stop a ball going down the theater backwards... should I just bend the u shape gate to move freely or something is wrong. ?

#1840 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I just noticed the gate behind my theater is stuck up and rubbing against ball guide..i figure this gate is to stop a ball going down the theater backwards... should I just bend the u shape gate to move freely or something is wrong. ?

A slight bend should work. Should be in the down position...not rubbing against the ball guide.

#1841 2 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

ltg
Think my DI is having major issues. So played ball one. No problem. Ball 2, ball doesn't launch from the trough. Turn off the pin open the coin door wiggle the connectors on the trough make sure they are nice and tight. No issues there. Turn on the pin, get that there is an error. Open the coin door, press enter, no errors are showing. OK. Close the coin door and start a game. Ball launches immediately from the trough, auto launched into the game, pin is going crazy. I turned it off right away.
Turned it back on, and had a huge list of errors. Exited out of the menu, launched a game, and exact same thing. I should mention, that when I had the pin turned on, all the lights stayed on (i.e., no attract mode) and QED dude kept moving. I'm thinking this is something major, but then again, I could be wrong. Any pinsiders help me out??

Check the inline connect harnesses. Those are the connectors that go from the playfield to the metal chassis. make sure they are connected tightly to both the outside and the inside of the chassis.

#1842 2 years ago

Don't they go right to the board in the head on Dialed In ?

#1843 2 years ago

I set the Theatermagnet to -95 and no stdm anymore i think if you have the prolem you have to try different settings for the magnet.

#1844 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I set the Theatermagnet to -95 and no stdm anymore i think if you have the prolem you have to try different settings for the magnet.

That setting only affects the times the magnet does ' catch and toss backwards ', not when it does ' catch and release '.

#1845 2 years ago

ok... hmm but with changed settings i have not stdms .... so I'm happy - hope the others will find a fix for their DIs

#1846 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't they go right to the board in the head on Dialed In ?

You're probably right. Sorry, late night, newborn, lack of sleep.

#1847 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I've just fitted my replacement smartphone and all is well. I've read others ask about the animations on the phone screen but couldn't relate before because my screen was down, now I'm noticing some of the face animations not running. For instance the sergeant major type guy who talks during the meteor mode, I've seen that mode start with just a static image of him but sometimes with him animating. Glitch/bug? Also does the scientist that talks during singularity animate? he didn't for me just now.

Same here. What I noticed is that only one face animation for each person is animated, the rest are static. It is the same animation for each person that is animated everytime. Hope they fix this.

#1848 2 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Same here. What I noticed is that only one face animation for each person is animated, the rest are static. It is the same animation for each person that is animated everytime. Hope they fix this.

Its not a bug, they just haven't finished the animations for everything yet.
I've played 1.52 for the last 3 hours. Not many changes, more bug fixes than anything.

#1849 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Its not a bug, they just haven't finished the animations for everything yet.

Do we know for sure that they actually INTEND to include more animations in a future update?

#1850 2 years ago

Ver 1.52 is out
http://159.203.76.48/di/di_update_152.zip
==============================================================================
== Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. ==
== Presents ==
== Dialed In ==
== http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/ ==
== Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JerseyJackPinball ==
== Support Portal: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com ==
== Company Twitter: @JJPinball ==
== Software Department Twitter: @JJPSoftware ==
== Copyright � 2017 Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. ==
Comments, questions, and/or bug reports? Ask @JJPSoftware, which is monitored
and responded by humans.
Issues with your game?
Please open a ticket: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com
== Legend ==
+ Addition * Change/bugfix - Note
== Version 1.52 November 30, 2017 ==
=== Game Code
* Fixed score display bug triggered by tilting in a multi-player game
* Fixed Chaos Multiball becoming unavailable after player a Quick Multiball
* Fixed a crash bug that happens when Big Bang difficulty is changed
+ Added adjustment for Theater Magnet catch behavior
=== Core Code
* Fixed audio mixing issue that resulted in distorted sounds
* Fixed ball tracking error caused by losing ball from lockup during ballsaver
+ Added CUSTOMIZATION sub-menu under UTILITIES in Diagnostics
* Changed timing of Self Test Report display at power up
== Version 1.50 October 31, 2017 ==
- KNOWN ISSUES:
Tilting in a multi-player game can cause the other player's score display to
run up forever. (This is a display issue, not a scoring problem.)
Starting a Quick Multiball when Chaos in Quantum City is lit can take away
the chance to play Chaos in Quantum City.
=== Game Code
+ Added Test Report message for BT dongle not present
* Updated some choreography for Chaos in Quantum City mode
+ Added design team selfies in attract mode
* Added some new graphics and sound effects
* Fixed Crazy Mode display effects hanging around during wizard modes
=== Core Code
+ Added check for switches stuck closed/open at power up
+ Added check for any opto switch working at power up; multiball devices will
not kick if no opto switch working
+ Added display message at power up if Test Report error detected
* Trough will abandon kicking after a while
+ Added check for all trough switches closed (including jam); trough will not
kick when this condition detected (likely a failure of the trough board);
game will not start during this condition, and a Trough Error message is
displayed
* Multiball devices will abandon kicking with coin door open now; abandoned
devices will kick when door is closed
* Turned on Test Report "dot" Paid Play preset

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 9,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 11023 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 221.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside