IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 273.
#1701 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Everybody has different tastes when it comes to what's important -- none of the other LE features mattered to me. If the LE was just powdercoat and invisiglass I would have 100% went with the standard, no hesitation. Don't really care about the back wall city thing either.
But the lightshow on this game is so important to the overall package (for me!) that I had to go LE to get the ramps. Without them that whole upper corner is dark. That one detail was enough to get me to spend the extra bit alone.

No doubt the ramp is the best part of the package. The "back wall city thing" adds significant lighting to the back of the pin...I think it's the second best part of the package. From my perspective, anything that makes a pin more enjoyable in the dark is goodness...

#1702 6 years ago

That was my first thought too.
But now i calculated all and with a ramp mod, blue powder coat and my invissible glass i save about 1,2k for the Houdini. So 1,2k only for 12 ramp lights...

I hoped they would reduce others things like the drones...

Maybe some SE owners can give me a review about the darkness?

#1703 6 years ago

I mean, I'm with epthegeek in that I got an LE for the ramp lights, but I did also get Invisglass, powdercoat, etc. They have value, they're just not something I'd normally pay for.

#1704 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

That was my first thought too.
But now i calculated all and with a ramp mod, blue powder coat and my invissible glass i save about 1,2k for the Houdini. So 1,2k only for 12 ramp lights...
I hoped they would reduce others things like the drones...
Maybe some SE owners can give me a review about the darkness?

I wonder how good pin stadium lights would be on the SE to make up for the dark corner? Might be another outlet. how much is that mod, $100?

#1705 6 years ago

Aren't Pinstadiums like $260 or something? Lot of cash for two RGB strips from China.

#1706 6 years ago

I have an SE with no regrets. Don't miss the ramp lights, and the corner is not "too dark". Nobody that's ever played mine has complained about it.

#1707 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I wonder how good pin stadium lights would be on the SE to make up for the dark corner? Might be another outlet. how much is that mod, $100?

Quoted from jwilson:

Aren't Pinstadiums like $260 or something? Lot of cash for two RGB strips from China.

Also they're a saturating single color that would somewhat nullify the effect of the games light shows.

#1708 6 years ago

I have Standard and it's great. If someone can't see any area of the PF they should head immediately to the doctors office. The cheapest option for Pinstadium lights is 150. Put in a $1 spotlight if you really can't see the corner.
I have played with invisiglass on & off and not much of a diff'rence in my set up.

#1709 6 years ago

The only thing I've noticed about the invisiglass is it scratches really easily.

#1710 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If someone can't see any area of the PF they should head immediately to the doctors office.

It's not about it being 'too dark' -- it's that it IS dark, in a lightshow. So like, on a color wash across the playfield: if you have the ramps, the color carries over the ramp area -- if you don't, there's a big hole in that wave. You know?

The visual impact of the masterful use of the full RGB has this big gap in it without those ramp lights.

#1711 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

-- if you don't, there's a big hole in that wave. You know?
The visual impact of the masterful use of the full RGB has this big gap in it without those ramp lights.

Ah I see what you're saying. That wouldn't be worth $200 upgrade from the factory for me, not with the high price already; but we all have diff'rent things that excite us.

#1712 6 years ago

With or without PP?

#1713 6 years ago

What's a PP? Edit: oh playfield protector?

#1714 6 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

I presume you mean SIM Card switch. If the game is complaining that the switch is stuck open at power up and then the report goes away after playing, my guess is that you have two opto switches swapped with each other.
Go into Switch Test (Full Menu->Tests->Dedicated Switches) and drop a ball into the SIM Card hole to see which switch(es) is/are activated.

yes, sorry, i get a message that says Check matrixed switch #19, SIM CARD Scoop Enter (stuck open). I am also having trouble with the phone scoop not registering. If i gently roll the ball in, it registers. if it is a hard shot, it won't register. I will check to see if the two opto switches are swapped.

#1715 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not sure how asking a question deserves a thumbs down? Usually when you agree or disagree it’s to a statement, not a question. Doesn’t really bother me or anything, I just find it funny.

#1716 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not sure how asking a question deserves a thumbs down? Usually when you agree or disagree it’s to a statement, not a question. Doesn’t really bother me or anything, I just find it funny.

Deserves got nothing to do with it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/21#post-4038843

#1717 6 years ago

Well, if memory served better you'd see this post you agree'd with me about; and while i still stand by it, I posed the question just recently "ASKING" if it is in fact a viable option for the case of this op in question. So again, how exactly does posing a question advocate a thumbs down? or are you just being arrogant?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/22#post-4038871

#1718 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

... So again, how exactly does posing a question advocate a thumbs down? or are you just being arrogant?

You're starting to sound a little bothered by it; I think you're taking it too personally.
Pinstadium lights are going to get a thumbs down from me in this thread, it has nothing to do with anyone's arrogance.

EDIT: Unirregardless, it won;t address the issue as further explained by epthegeek after our posts.

#1719 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You're starting to sound a little bothered by it; I think you're taking it too personally.
Pinstadium lights are going to get a thumbs down from me in this thread, it has nothing to do with anyone's arrogance.
EDIT: Unirregardless, it won;t address the issue as further explained by epthegeek after our posts.

Nah, just felt like calling you out for once since it's not the first time ive seen you thumbs down someone for unwarranted reasons (plus im bored so i actually had the time to post about it). But since you keep dodging the question, ill leave it alone for now.

Back to the topic at hand. I am a big fan of Dialed In; the game shoots and is integrated so well. Love this pin and it's such a cool timeless pinball theme IMO. One thing i love about JJP games is how they tie in the color inserts to rules and such; especially for things like Crazy Bob or Crystal Ball (WOZ). They're attention to detail is top notch. Hope to own another jjp in the near future.

I do have another question, hopefully it doesnt get me another thumbs down (*chuckle* only kidding TheLaw ) - but i notice the crazy bob trap door seems to be one of the biggest issues with the game. What's the overall consensus of this mech, is it just a typical pinball pain with easy resolution or have people really been having a serious problem getting this mech to work consistently?

#1720 6 years ago

Once I oiled mine it's been flawless. That's generally the consensus.

#1721 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nah, just felt like calling you out for once since it's not the first time ive seen you thumbs down someone for unwarranted reasons (plus im bored so i actually had the time to post about it). But since you keep dodging the question, ill leave it alone for now.
Back to the topic at hand. I am a big fan of Dialed In; the game shoots and is integrated so well. Love this pin and it's such a cool timeless pinball theme IMO. One thing i love about JJP games is how they tie in the color inserts to rules and such; especially for things like Crazy Bob or Crystal Ball (WOZ). They're attention to detail is top notch. Hope to own another jjp in the near future.
I do have another question, hopefully it doesnt get me another thumbs down (*chuckle* only kidding TheLaw ) - but i notice the crazy bob trap door seems to be one of the biggest issues with the game. What's the overall consensus of this mech, is it just a typical pinball pain with easy resolution or have people really been having a serious problem getting this mech to work consistently?

You are correct the game shoots extremely well and the theme is surely timeless. Crazy Bob is a great addition that is a tribute to the old Bally Williams games. So far on my LE I have not had any issues with the Crazy Bob mech on my personal machine. I did buy it from a previous owner and do not know if they fixed/adjusted it or not. Seems easily fixed as there are a couple helpful posts on here that will help get you going in case you run into problems.

#1722 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Once I oiled mine it's been flawless. That's generally the consensus.

Yes, agreed that seems to be taking care of most of them. Easy fixes are always appreciated!

#1723 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What's the overall consensus of this mech, is it just a typical pinball pain with easy resolution or have people really been having a serious problem getting this mech to work consistently?

The overall consensus simple solution usually works. Some grease here and there and most people are good to go. I had to get in there and really bend the metal to get mine to work, and it took a bit of time taking the mech apart yada yada but it isn't the end of the world. I just saw someone might have said they've had to go back in and fiddle with it (?) but mostly once it's fixed it stays fixed.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

You can call me out all you'd like, doens't bother me and I don;t take much personally here. I'm not dodging anything, we just have diff'rent ideas on what thumbs down are for.

#1724 6 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

yes, sorry, i get a message that says Check matrixed switch #19, SIM CARD Scoop Enter (stuck open). I am also having trouble with the phone scoop not registering. If i gently roll the ball in, it registers. if it is a hard shot, it won't register. I will check to see if the two opto switches are swapped.

Let me know if you need any help on that as I can take pics or test it on my machine. You can reply to my email earlier that you sent if you would like too. I am sure it's something little that can easily be fixed.

#1725 6 years ago

Anyone else had a right ramp shot take the entrance between the left loop and right ramp rather than make the ramp? I just had a very well hit right orbit/ramp shot complete the orbit and come back down the left side where it had ridden up the wall high enough to take the route into the left orbit. If you've looked at this area closely you'll understand what I mean, may not make sense otherwise. I'm 100% sure it's not supposed to do that, you would swear there was a diverter there the way it completed the loop.

#1726 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well, if memory served better you'd see this post you agree'd with me about; and while i still stand by it, I posed the question just recently "ASKING" if it is in fact a viable option for the case of this op in question. So again, how exactly does posing a question advocate a thumbs down? or are you just being arrogant?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/22#post- 4038871

Law is as arrogant as they come dont waste your breath on this poor exuse as a human being

#1727 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone else had a right ramp shot take the entrance between the left loop and right ramp rather than make the ramp?

Yes but not often. From what I remember hearing people say it happens very sparingly...it even made a few of us think it was meant to do it it worked so smooth like you're explaining it.

Quoted from Delta9:

Law is as arrogant as they come dont waste your breath on this poor exuse as a human being

They call that holiday spirit!

#1728 6 years ago

Thanks for all the playing tips guys. I’ll also be learning/playing SW and AS so I probably wont remember much about anything. I just don’t want to flail.

#1729 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone else...

Oh here check this out

Quoted from rockrand:

Sorry to say there is no such thing as a true right orbit,what happened is the ball was moving so fast it jumped the wall and continued around the orbit instead of following the orbit wall and back to the right flipper as intended,I had this happen and if bobs hatch is open the ball can get stuck behind the trap and ball search will not clear the jam,I told jjp a month ago and they thanked me and said they were going to lower flipper power on the line,if you want to stop this from happening you should lower the left flipper power to around 15 or so and it will not jump the wall anymore.

#1730 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone else had a right ramp shot take the entrance between the left loop and right ramp rather than make the ramp? I just had a very well hit right orbit/ramp shot complete the orbit and come back down the left side where it had ridden up the wall high enough to take the route into the left orbit. If you've looked at this area closely you'll understand what I mean, may not make sense otherwise. I'm 100% sure it's not supposed to do that, you would swear there was a diverter there the way it completed the loop.

I've been having the same issues myself, right after I waxed the pf. I'm gonna lower the flipper power as suggested.. I have lost modes to this.

#1731 6 years ago

My DILE Quantum Theatre Magnet enjoys dropping the ball STDM. EMP strike is virtually unplayable because of this.

Not that it needs a video, but here is a 7 second video that shows the abuse

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0dGrhkPxG2TCix

running 1.5, 6.5 pitch, perfectly level.

I believe some other folks have dealt with this?? If so, please advise.

snaroff

#1732 6 years ago

I almost wish the midfield magnets would pulse slowly after a theater drop to pull the ball off center.

#1733 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I almost wish the midfield magnets would pulse slowly after a theater drop to pull the ball off center.

Does that imply you are getting bitten by "catch and release" drains as well? Trying to understand if it's a problem with my machine. If all machines are behaving like mine, I'd imagine there would be more complaints. My son and I have been playing this machine a lot and it's odd...some games it behaves, and some games it's nasty. Very intermittent...sometimes it does appears to pulse and sends it to the left flipper and sometimes is does a straight release.

Based on Ted's comments in this thread, it doesn't appear the software is doing anything special (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jersey-jack-pinball-woz/F_TTrGjIixo).

snaroff

#1734 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That's very good suggestion I like it!! They could update the software to have the logic to do that if too many SDTMs register or something along those lines. Sort of like Phantom Flip on MB or thing on TAF, it adjust accordingly.

Quoted from snaroff:

Does that imply you are getting bitten by "catch and release" drains as well? Trying to understand if it's a problem with my machine. If all machines are behaving like mine, I'd imagine there would be more complaints. My son and I have been playing this machine a lot and it's odd...some games it behaves, and some games it's nasty. Very intermittent...sometimes it does appears to pulse and sends it to the left flipper and sometimes is does a straight release.
Based on Ted's comments in this thread, it doesn't appear the software is doing anything special (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jersey-jack-pinball-woz/F_TTrGjIixo).
snaroff

When I updated to v1.5 I started having that issue with them draining in the middle but prior to that no issues. After a few games though it went away and went back to normal. It almost seemed as though the game software adjusted accordingly but it's nothing I can confirm. I do know that mine goes to the right flipper tip and not the left. In fact I don't think it ever has. Maybe one thing to check is to see if your magnet is secure under the playfield. It may need tightening possibly but that is just a guess. Others have been able to fix issues with removing the Mylar.

I would be more than happy to take pics of mine if you feel alignment is an issue under the playfield etc.

I hope this helps!!

#1735 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

That's very good suggestion I like it!! They could update the software to have the logic to do that if too many SDTMs register or something along those lines. Sort of like Phantom Flip on MB or thing on TAF, it adjust accordingly.

When I updated to v1.5 I started having that issue with them draining in the middle but prior to that no issues. After a few games though it went away and went back to normal. It almost seemed as though the game software adjusted accordingly but it's nothing I can confirm. I do know that mine goes to the right flipper tip and not the left. In fact I don't think it ever has. Maybe one thing to check is to see if your magnet is secure under the playfield. It may need tightening possibly but that is just a guess. Others have been able to fix issues with removing the Mylar.
I would be more than happy to take pics of mine if you feel alignment is an issue under the playfield etc.
I hope this helps!!

Thanks for sharing your experience and offer, Scott. I don't believe the software is self-adjusting in this instance. If it were, Ted would have mentioned in the JJP thread I posted. Because mine is intermittent (though it always seems to go SDTM during EMP strike), it almost seems like it's dependent on what other magnets are doing during a "catch and release". If all the magnets are somehow connected, this is plausible. If they are independent and can't possibly impact each other, then I guess not.

Hopefully other owners experiencing this will speak up so we can track this issue down. For me, it's the only remaining issue that I'd like to nail. Other than this issue, the pin plays beautifully.

snaroff

#1736 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks for sharing your experience and offer, Scott. I don't believe the software is self-adjusting in this instance. If it were, Ted would have mentioned in the JJP thread I posted. Because mine is intermittent (though it always seems to go SDTM during EMP strike), it almost seems like it's dependent on what other magnets are doing during a "catch and release". If all the magnets are somehow connected, this is plausible. If the are independent and can't possibly impact each other, then I guess not.
Hopefully other owners experiencing this will speak up so we can track this issue down. For me, it's the only remaining issue that I'd like to nail. Other than this issue, the pin plays beautifully.
snaroff

Yeah, Tony Pepperoni kills my ball every time after the 1.5 update. Either drops it SDTM or shoots it fast to an outlane. It's the only mode giving me SDTM drops now (after adjusting the settings so every magnet grab wouldn't do so). My audio is wonky after the update as well. Static and strange cutting out at times.

#1737 6 years ago

Sdtm for me also.

#1738 6 years ago

Just played bunch ganes and during emp mine goes to left flipper unless magnet interferes. My game is set at 7.0 which may help it fall faster and helping.

#1739 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My DILE Quantum Theatre Magnet enjoys dropping the ball STDM. EMP strike is virtually unplayable because of this.
Not that it needs a video, but here is a 7 second video that shows the abuse
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0dGrhkPxG2TCix
running 1.5, 6.5 pitch, perfectly level.
I believe some other folks have dealt with this?? If so, please advise.
snaroff

Strange! I am running my game at 6.8 degrees with 1.5 code and have not experienced this problem.

#1740 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Strange! I am running my game at 6.8 degrees with 1.5 code and have not experienced this problem.

Well, that's good! I assume stock settings and mylar is covering the magnet?

Mine is LE #96, manufactured 6/13/17. It had some other problems and pieces missing, so as JJP gets more experience building a particular title, maybe they improve? Don't know, but my theatre magnet behavior is really annoying. On the edge of making it a bummer to play...

snaroff

#1741 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Well, that's good! I assume stock settings and mylar is covering the magnet?
Mine is LE #96, manufactured 6/13/17. It had some other problems and pieces missing, so as JJP gets more experience building a particular title, maybe they improve? Don't know, but my theatre magnet behavior is really annoying. On the edge of making it a bummer to play...
snaroff

I believe my theatre magnet is set at 120 and I have removed the Mylar from the magnet.

#1742 6 years ago

EMP is my favourite since it always drops to the left flipper tip.

I do get that jump orbit thing every once in a while and I've missed some disasters because the game didn't register a right ramp shot. I chalk it up to the ball is wild.

#1743 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

Maybe as a side effect, but SOMETHING changed in 1.5. No problems here with 1.13 and it whipped the ball around reliably. After the 1.5 upgrade, it almost never does now.

#1744 6 years ago

Skill shot is not registering after the plunge—any advice?

#1745 6 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Adjust, adjust, adjust. That switch setup for that shot was a mistake - it should have been an opto. Nothing but a headache until you get it adjusted *just right* so it registers every time and doesn't hold a too-slow ball without registering, sending the machine into ball search. Took me a week of on and off tweaking and testing, but once I got it right, it's been fine since June - no more issues.

#1746 6 years ago

Quoted from Blakester:
Adjust, adjust, adjust. That switch setup for that shot was a mistake - it should have been an opto. Nothing but a headache until you get it adjusted *just right* so it registers every time and doesn't hold a too-slow ball without registering, sending the machine into ball search. Took me a week of on and off tweaking and testing, but once I got it right, it's been fine since June - no more issues.

If the skill shot kicker switch is working, what else could cause you not to get the bonus?

#1747 6 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Quoted from Blakester:
If the skill shot kicker switch is working, what else could cause you not to get the bonus?

Glass off. Switch test mode. Roll a ball slowly into the skill shot. Does it trigger the switch?

#1748 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That switch setup for that shot was a mistake - it should have been an opto.

That's nonsense. First off, pinball has been using that type of switch setup for 60-plus years just fine. Secondly, there's no room for optos up there.

I think I'll give Pat the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he's doing.

#1749 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That's nonsense. First off, pinball has been using that type of switch setup for 60-plus years just fine. Secondly, there's no room for optos up there.
I think I'll give Pat the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he's doing.

Not nonsense. An opto wouldn't have been much worse of a fit than the wire switch that's there now (look how tight it is underneath the PF), and it would have been less trouble out of the box. Pat is brilliant, but he's not batting 1.000. Pretending he can do no wrong helps no one. He makes obvious mistakes, like the stupid headphone jack relocation at your knees on Dialed In that makes no sense and the thick hole protectors that are not better than what was already available. If no one tells him those were a miss, he'll keep doing it thinking he's on the right track, which in certain cases, he's not.

#1750 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not nonsense. An opto wouldn't have been much worse of a fit than the wire switch that's there now (look how tight it is underneath the PF), and it would have been less trouble out of the box. Pat is brilliant, but he's not batting 1.000. Pretending he can do no wrong helps no one. He makes obvious mistakes, like the stupid headphone jack relocation at your knees on Dialed In that makes no sense and the thick hole protectors that are not better than what was already available. If no one tells him those were a miss, he'll keep doing it thinking he's on the right track, which in certain cases, he's not.

Theres no room for optos on the topside in that area unfortunately bc of the way its designed.... the way it is is the way it had to be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/35?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.