IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 273.
#1651 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I decided to play some games on my new DI with the factory 'cliffy' in the SIM hole. I played about 300 games on my original DI with no protector at all so I feel I have a good reference point.
I found that the shot from the upper right flipper is exactly the same. Their cliffy does not prevent any shots from going in that would have otherwise gone in with no protector at all.
The main difference seems to be slow roll-ins. While fast roll-ins (eg. off Bing Bang and left ticket standups) went in just as often as no protector, slower roll-ins tended to deviate at the lip of the way-too-thick factory protector. If I had to estimate, you'll lose 1 out of 5 SIM card shots with the factory protector vs. no protector.
I got nervous from people on here saying the shot was impossible to make with the factory protector on, and this is not true at all. But there is a small advantage in having no protector or presumably the thinner Cliffy protector.
On the other hand, the phone scoop seems to hold up pretty well with just the mylar around it. Makes sense based on how the damage to this hole actually occurs (using my older DI with 300+ long-length plays as a reference). I do not believe a metal protector is needed here.

Its definitely also needed on the phone.

#1652 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Its definitely also needed on the phone.

Do you have photos of the mylar damaged at the phone scoop?

#1653 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Do you have photos of the mylar damaged at the phone scoop?

It was only really minor, and its now under the cliffy, but it was only after about 20 plays. Was on the right side, below the mylar. On the bevelled edge bit. T Wasn't an issue as it was, but had I left it would have gotten worse.

#1654 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

How many plays? HUO?

Maybe 400 plays and HUO. I got the bad playfield run from April 2015. I have just lived with it until the dust settled and now they are replacing it. I also got the bad head decals, but they sent some replacements and I put those on this last weekend. Once I get my new populated playfield I will basically have a brand new game. The art would just pop off the wood with a hard ball hit. I would be playing and watching paint chips fly around. It was insane.

#1655 6 years ago

I just installed 1.50 code. When I turned machine back on it said there’s was a error with trap door. It’s up until I start a game then it closes and works properly. Whenever I power game back on it says there is an error with the trapdoor, yet it functions as it should during gameplay and only shows the error screen on power up. Any ideas?

#1656 6 years ago

So is 1.50 no good? My DI-LE gets delivered tomorrow and I need to decide if I should upgrade it. Dont want a brand new game and then get frustrated that its not working.

#1657 6 years ago

Nothing wrong with 1.5. I’ve been using it since the day it was released with no issues.

#1658 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

I just installed 1.50 code. When I turned machine back on it said there’s was a error with trap door. It’s up until I start a game then it closes and works properly. Whenever I power game back on it says there is an error with the trapdoor, yet it functions as it should during gameplay and only shows the error screen on power up. Any ideas?

Test the trap door via Diagnostics: Full Menu->Tests->Device Tests->Trap Door

You will need to pull out the interlock switch that is inside the coin door. Otherwise, the 70V supply to the Trap Door coils is turned off.

Actuate the Trap Door by pressing ENTER. Pay attention to Switch #029, which lets the game know that the Trap Door is open. If that switch is not activating when the Trap Door is raised, that would cause the error report that you are receiving. (The game will still attempt to open and close the Trap Door without the switch working.)

#1659 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

mine does this too except with the SIM card. When i turn the game on it says the SIM card door is open. But after i play a game, it is fine.

#1660 6 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

So is 1.50 no good? My DI-LE gets delivered tomorrow and I need to decide if I should upgrade it. Dont want a brand new game and then get frustrated that its not working.

Install 1.5 if yours doesn't come with it. It's better than 1.13.

#1661 6 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

mine does this too except with the SIM card. When i turn the game on it says the SIM card door is open. But after i play a game, it is fine.

Sim card door? There isnt one?

#1662 6 years ago

Switch 60 "lock ramp enter" is stuck closed on my game. Anybody know which switch this is? Doesn't seem to be affecting game play...

#1663 6 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

I presume you mean SIM Card switch. If the game is complaining that the switch is stuck open at power up and then the report goes away after playing, my guess is that you have two opto switches swapped with each other.

Go into Switch Test (Full Menu->Tests->Dedicated Switches) and drop a ball into the SIM Card hole to see which switch(es) is/are activated.

#1664 6 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Switch 60 "lock ramp enter" is stuck closed on my game. Anybody know which switch this is? Doesn't seem to be affecting game play...

Probably a switch on the ramp that leads to the station lock. I'd go into switch test mode and trip them one at a time until you find it.

#1665 6 years ago

Is there an option to clear photos without clearing high scores on 1.5?

#1666 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably a switch on the ramp that leads to the station lock. I'd go into switch test mode and trip them one at a time until you find it.

Yeah, the big "W" wire switch was physically jammed up. Easy peasy....thanks!

#1667 6 years ago

I’m going to be putting some quality time on a route DI this weekend. Can anyone recommend a (fairly) simple approach to the game to have the most fun, get the most out of it and - to a lesser degree - score the best?

Thanks!

#1668 6 years ago

Start modes, finish them, collect the SIM cards.

Easy to write, hard to do.

#1669 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’m going to be putting some quality time on a route DI this weekend. Can anyone recommend a (fairly) simple approach to the game to have the most fun, get the most out of it and - to a lesser degree - score the best?
Thanks!

Yes. You need to complete modes to collect sim cards to make modes valuable. After locking your first ball hit the buttons at the same time a few times in order to push back the MB...this will allow you to take a mode into MB.
Remember the Big Bang shot collects all jackpots lit & completes a mode.....so try to hit that bad boy at the right time.
Keep completing the BOB targets on the left to relight your kickback & advance to MBs there.

#1670 6 years ago

Thanks!

Watch the PAPA tutorial on youtube

#1671 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes. You need to complete modes to collect sim cards to make modes valuable. After locking your first ball hit the buttons at the same time a few times in order to push back the MB...this will allow you to take a mode into MB.
Remember the Big Bang shot collects all jackpots lit & completes a mode.....so try to hit that bad boy at the right time.
Keep completing the BOB targets on the left to relight your kickback & advance to MBs there.

How do you start modes?

#1672 6 years ago

How do you start modes?

By hitting the cell phone scoop. If the cell phone is lit it's ready...if it isn;t you need to hit the moving target, lightning bolt dude, to light.

#1673 6 years ago

So I was taking a closer look at my phone scoop, when I noticed that a black wire at the back of the phone was cut somehow. No idea how it happened, and as far as I'm aware, I don't see any problems from it, but I also don't know what I might be missing, since it's probably been that way since I got the machine.

What does that wire control? Any reason I shouldn't splice it back together?

wire (resized).pngwire (resized).png

#1674 6 years ago
Quoted from Raincity:

What does that wire control? Any reason I shouldn't splice it back together?

Probably just a ground

Whoa weird eh?

#1675 6 years ago

Normally black wire means power though - it's usually green to indicate a ground.

#1676 6 years ago
Quoted from Raincity:

Normally black wire means power though - it's usually green to indicate a ground.

These are pinball machines not home wiring Although I havn't delved into JJP wiring yet.

Your phone works though...and lights around phone.

#1677 6 years ago

Thanks!

First time playing, I wouldn't worry about collecting SIM cards. Just try to keep starting disasters (QED electricity guy until phone charges up, then hit phone) - you don't have to finish them, to get to enough to see Armageddon. THEN you can play it "right" by trying to finish disasters and collect SIM cards.

#1678 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

First time playing, I wouldn't worry about collecting SIM cards. Just try to keep starting disasters (QED electricity guy until phone charges up, then hit phone) - you don't have to finish them, to get to enough to see Armageddon. THEN you can play it "right" by trying to finish disasters and collect SIM cards.

This going to sound stupid I know, but I’m going there anyway; is there a setting to disable Chaos in QC multiball? Reason being is theres no progression incentive to playing from what I’m hearing from others. No SIM card bonus awarded for completing, no stacking a mode into it, and it halts progression towards the real wizard modes in the game.

Thanks!

Another thing to look for is the Big Bang target up to the left of the theater magnet. When this is lit, it’ll complete any mode you’re playing so make sure not to waste it by hitting it when a mode isn’t running. You light Big Bang with the target next to the SIM hole.

Also, be sure to cancel ‘multiball is ready’ after locking your 2nd ball IF you don’t have a mode going. You can then start a mode and the phone will relight for multiball.

Lastly, the disaster modes are shown as icons on the phone and you can choose which disaster you play with the flipper buttons. Very much like the ring modes in LOTR if you’re familiar with that. Once you learn the harder to play disasters, you can setup to choose them if/when you have Big Bang lit or when you’re ready to start a multiball.

On a more advanced rules/strategy level, and I could be a little wrong on this, but SIM cards = ‘Dialed In’ letters on the playfields. Dialed In letters represent multiplier bonuses on disaster modes. So the more SIM cards, or dialed in letters, equates to much higher scoring. A good scoring strategy is if you stack up a few SIM cards, you can over charge the QED guy by hitting him a few times after the phone is ready for a mode. This will bring in an even larger scoring bonus to playing disaster modes.

#1679 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No SIM card bonus awarded for completing, no stacking a mode into it, and it halts progression towards the real wizard modes in the game.

I think you're over thinking it; It's a MB and people like MB. If you're a good player and thinking 'moves ahead' there are plenty of things that don't work in your favor in games, happens all the time.

#1680 6 years ago

What is required to cancel multi-ball when it's ready (i.e.: you're not yet in a mode and would rather delay starting MB).
Thanks!

#1681 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

What is required to cancel multi-ball when it's ready (i.e.: you're not yet in a mode and would rather delay starting MB).
Thanks!

Hit both buttons. After you lock a ball you'll hear the phone ringing...before launching the ball hit the flipper buttons and it will stop ringing.

#1682 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think you're over thinking it; It's a MB and people like MB. If you're a good player and thinking 'moves ahead' there are plenty of things that don't work in your favor in games, happens all the time.

I probably am. But a ‘mini wizard’ multiball that comes to mind that halts progression in the game but still integrates the game into the multiball is hand of the king GOT. It’s a halfway point, similar to Chaos in QC, but HOTK is based on what was done leading up to that point. Same could be said for Kobayashi Maru in ST with medals. From what I gather, none of that integration exists with Chaos in QC and it’s just a standard multiball. But you’re probably right, I’m over thinking the placement of the multiball and probably my lack of rules knowledge of the actual multiball is causing some of that grief/confusion. So I guess I’ll just need to ‘learn better’

#1683 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s a halfway point, similar to Chaos in QC, but HOTK is based on what was done leading up to that point. Same could be said for Kobayashi Maru in ST with medals. From what I gather, none of that integration exists with Chaos in QC and it’s just a standard multiball.

It's PL's game not SR/Dwight & not all games/rules need to be the same.

There comes a time when you just gotta kick a games ass for straight up points and no progression

#1684 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

But you’re probably right, I’m over thinking the placement of the multiball and probably my lack of rules knowledge of the actual multiball is causing some of that grief/confusion. So I guess I’ll just need to ‘learn better’

What TheLaw said. Can't go wrong with 60,000 point jackpots. I put up 944k on Chaos last night....loads of fun.

#1685 6 years ago

Chaos in Quantum City is a multiball with a 20-second ball saver. Jackpot value is boosted by the number of modes that were completed prior. It's chaotic and over pretty quickly (at least when I play it). I like it, and so does the rest of the team.

If you aren't interested in trying for the points, let the ball saver time out and drain it down to a single ball. I'm sorry it doesn't scratch whatever particular itch you have. But maybe you should try playing it first before making up your mind.

(And I mean that in the most sincere way. You're obviously very interested in the game, which is very nice.)

#1687 6 years ago

Not sure why that’s an ouch moment for you? I even said I need to learn myself more ‘aboot’ the rules of the multiball. despite some people making pinside out to be a shitting ground, I like to use it as a message board and learn about games which is why I am asking about some of these rules. It’s a owners and fans thread, and I’m a fan and want to know more. I don’t have the luxury of buying $9k pins on a whim nor is there location play within reasonable distance, so I get as much feedback as I can on games I enjoy and have on my radar to hopefully buy one day. If the rules don’t scratch that itch, I’ll move onto the next game on my list when the time comes to add a machine into the lineup.

Quoted from check_switch_26:

Chaos in Quantum City is a multiball with a 20-second ball saver. Jackpot value is boosted by the number of modes that were completed prior. It's chaotic and over pretty quickly (at least when I play it). I like it, and so does the rest of the team.
If you aren't interested in trying for the points, let the ball saver time out and drain it down to a single ball. I'm sorry it doesn't scratch whatever particular itch you have. But maybe you should try playing it first before making up your mind.
(And I mean that in the most sincere way. You're obviously very interested in the game, which is very nice.)

Thanks for the feedback.

On another semi related note. How long are the game times you guys are having when you make it to Armageddon and/or showdown? When I made showdown it was a 40 minute game.

I ask out of sincerity, not as a pest; I asked these same questions before I bought WOZ which I have since sold, but also dearly miss as it stands as one of my top 3 best rules/code dept games.

#1688 6 years ago

Could someone post a picture of the trap door mechanism. Mine started opening and closing non stop and when I lifted the playfield half of it has fallen apart. I don’t know how it should go back together.

5AEAC159-1C31-4E20-B551-9ECDEE23D938 (resized).jpeg5AEAC159-1C31-4E20-B551-9ECDEE23D938 (resized).jpeg

21009675-1127-47FB-9B76-F4EA22079DF0 (resized).jpeg21009675-1127-47FB-9B76-F4EA22079DF0 (resized).jpeg

#1689 6 years ago

LTG : )

Trap Door Mech_Latch CO (resized).jpgTrap Door Mech_Latch CO (resized).jpg

DSC00455 (resized).JPGDSC00455 (resized).JPG

DSC00456 (resized).JPGDSC00456 (resized).JPG

#1690 6 years ago

I've adjusted my trapdoor mech a few times, seems not very sturdy to me, i. e. Made out of thin easily bent metal.

#1691 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not sure why that’s an ouch moment for you?

It seemed a little rough to me. This was before he edited it and added the last sentence...probably so it wouldn't be taken the wrong way.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don’t have the luxury of buying $9k pins ...

It's 8K

#1692 6 years ago

Love chaos mb .... amazing lightshow and dont last real long . Plus ill never see the others the way my game plays lol.

#1693 6 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Thanks for this btw. Seems like pulling teeth around here to get any rules descriptions on the game and this is the first insight that shows the game does incorporate the disasters into the mb. Good stuff.

#1694 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks for this btw. Seems like pulling teeth around here to get any rules descriptions on the game and this is the first insight that shows the game does incorporate the disasters into the mb. Good stuff.

Here are two excellent videos that you can watch that are very helpful with explaining the rules:

#1695 6 years ago

Want to join the Club but im not shure if i take the LE or SE .... Have a very nice offer for an SE.

I have invissible glass and powder coating is also no problem and i dont need the headphone Jack.

Only thing i have to judge is about ramp lights. They look sharp but are they worth the price?

What they the owner of an DI SE? Is the game to dark without the ramp lights?

#1696 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Want to join the Club but im not shure if i take the LE or SE .... Have a very nice offer for an SE.
I have invissible glass and powder coating is also no problem and i dont need the headphone Jack.
Only thing i have to judge is about ramp lights. They look sharp but are they worth the price?

Does the standard come with a shaker? If not might factor thatbin as it’s worth having.

#1697 6 years ago

The SE comes with Shaker, Playfieldprotector and "JJP-Cliffys" and has only 150 Games on it.

I hope there will come a ramp light mod...

#1698 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

The SE comes with Shaker, Playfieldprotector and "JJP-Cliffys" and has only 150 Games on it.
I hope there will come a ramp light mod...

As far as i know, there will never be a way to introduce the ramp lights to the Standard Edition. If you want the lights you need to get a Limited or Collectors Edition.

All machines SE, LE, CE come with the shaker motor. Anything included on the LE and CE is purely cosmetic and does not change the way the game plays or scores.

#1699 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

The Lighted ramps are awesome and make a big difference. The "Laser etched acrylic cityscape" backdrop is also lit (and looks great).

Considering the LE is only a 1k bump, it's a much better value by far. The armor and invisiglass alone are worth the upcharge.

I have an LE and love it...best JJP title to date. Shoot's fast and flow is among the best ever.

snaroff

#1700 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Considering the LE is only a 1k bump, it's a much better value by far. The armor and invisiglass alone are worth the upcharge.

Everybody has different tastes when it comes to what's important -- none of the other LE features mattered to me. If the LE was just powdercoat and invisiglass I would have 100% went with the standard, no hesitation. Don't really care about the back wall city thing either.

But the lightshow on this game is so important to the overall package (for me!) that I had to go LE to get the ramps. Without them that whole upper corner is dark ... lacking. It's a big hole in the beautiful lightshows the game does. That one detail was enough to get me to spend the extra bit alone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.