IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 273.
#1551 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Also, just something I was wondering about when I got the game delivered, but totally forgot about since. I received 3 leg levellers that were standard size (as you get on all games) and one that was much longer? Is there a reason that JJP send out one super long leg leveller, or was this a botch up?

the longer ones were meant for Hobbit. you can use it on any game though.

#1552 6 years ago

I’ve got one scheduled for delivery Thursday. Maybe mine will be perfect and not require any tweaking. My last few sterns have been perfect out of the box. Hopefully my luck will continue.

#1553 6 years ago

PinballSTAR will have a few LEs in stock this week as we had finalized all of our preorders last month. We had a few folks who wished to be pushed back father for money reasons so we have a few ready to go - both with an without rad cals. Email Joe at [email protected] for our full discounted price list on all the games we sell - JJP, Chicago Gaming, Spooky, American Pinball, and VP Cabs.

We also have WOZ and Hobbits in stock ! Taking orders on POTC...

And 1 MMR left

And a few AFMR LEs left to sell...

[email protected]

#1554 6 years ago

Seeing how the cab comes with the metal protectors on it, do most of you also use the felt protectors that are provided for the legs?? I didn't use mine because I found they stuck out from the leg too much. Having said this, if its going to protect the cab from any damage then I may have to reconsider. Thoughts, comments??

#1555 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Seeing how the cab comes with the metal protectors on it, do most of you also use the felt protectors that are provided for the legs?? I didn't use mine because I found they stuck out from the leg too much. Having said this, if its going to protect the cab from any damage then I may have to reconsider. Thoughts, comments??

I have not used them and it seems to be fine so far.

#1556 6 years ago

Felt sld be used as there is a chance the legs will damage the decals.... especially on the front.

#1557 6 years ago

I added a second set of metal leg protectors. The legs are now sitting about 1/16" off the cabinet and will never cause an issue.

#1558 6 years ago

It definitely is a good thing to have them on for sure, mine just did not have them when I received it from the previous owner.

#1559 6 years ago

I have the felt on mine. Earlier owners reported cabinet damage from the legs without the felt that's why they started including them.

#1560 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Seeing how the cab comes with the metal protectors on it, do most of you also use the felt protectors that are provided for the legs??

This is the only new game I used felt on because the spacing on these are not well done at all.

#1561 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I added a second set of metal leg protectors. The legs are now sitting about 1/16" off the cabinet and will never cause an issue.

This is what I did.

#1562 6 years ago

I did this too.

#1563 6 years ago

Got the call. #600 LE is heading to Popa next week. Great transaction with Tommy at Nitro. Pumped to play this game. Long live pinball.

#1564 6 years ago

REALLY hoping my game comes in on Friday. Apparently a delay in shipping. If I miss friday, it wont be set up in time for my party this weekend. Would be a real bummer. Positive energy from everyone here might help!

#1565 6 years ago

Question for the rules guys now that the new code has been out for a bit. How has the new multiball (chaos in quantum city?) been? Meaning, are the rules affected by which disasters you play/beat leading up to it? Does your success in the multiball help progress or affect disasters not played? Or is it just a multiball for fun that prolongs progress in disasters?

#1566 6 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I have the felt on mine. Earlier owners reported cabinet damage from the legs without the felt that's why they started including them.

That's good to know and tells me I should get some felt protectors for it as it's an earlier LE in the 300's.

#1567 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question for the rules guys now that the new code has been out for a bit. How has the new multiball (chaos in quantum city?) been? Meaning, are the rules affected by which disasters you play/beat leading up to it? Does your success in the multiball help progress or affect disasters not played? Or is it just a multiball for fun that prolongs progress in disasters?

I only had one play session with the new Chaos MB on location, so no idea about any nuances. I plan on having sunglasses ready next time.

#1568 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I only had one play session with the new Chaos MB on location, so no idea about any nuances. I plan on having sunglasses ready next time.

Yea I second the sunglasses statement I was super dizzy after playing the Chaos MB last night but I loved it .

#1569 6 years ago

Can you get a SIM card award in chaos mb? If so is it fairly achievable?

#1570 6 years ago

Am I correct in thinking if you have 2 sim cards ready to collect you have to hit the sim scoop twice? 1 hit doesn't collect both?

#1571 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Am I correct in thinking if you have 2 sim cards ready to collect you have to hit the sim scoop twice? 1 hit doesn't collect both?

Yes.
I actually had 4 stacked the other month and collected them all amazingly. It was stressful

#1572 6 years ago

Can anyone explain the basic rules of the game....

#1573 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Very basic level
Hit moving target man to light mode in phone scoop.
Complete mode hitting shots to light sim card.
Collect all sim cards for wizard.

#1574 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Also it does an excellent job verbally and visually walking you through the game as you play. So if you are new to it you can feel very comfortable knowing what to do. One of the many nice things the developers did.

#1575 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Can you get a SIM card award in chaos mb? If so is it fairly achievable?

No SIM card. No progress to be made towards anything.

#1576 6 years ago

Can someone tell me how to change the high score settings so daily high scores don’t come up? Gets annoying on a HUO machine. Also can’t seem to get the theater magnet to throw the ball behind it. Still on 1.13 code. Just received it today. Tried to update but can’t do it. Maybe neee q better memory stick?

#1577 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Can someone tell me how to change the high score settings so daily high scores don’t come up? Gets annoying on a HUO machine. Also can’t seem to get the theater magnet to throw the ball behind it. Still on 1.13 code. Just received it today. Tried to update but can’t do it. Maybe neee q better memory stick?

I agree...I turned the daily high scores off recently. It's fairly obvious...just go into settings and toggle it.

#1578 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Very basic level
Hit moving target man to light mode in phone scoop.
Complete mode hitting shots to light sim card.
Collect all sim cards for wizard.

Isn't there a wizard mode for starting all 11 disasters?

#1579 6 years ago

Thanks. There’s a ton of stuff in these menus

#1580 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Isn't there a wizard mode for starting all 11 disasters?

Well I didn't want to get too technical with the little things. It's another mode that is good but not a wizard mode...in 3 years anytime MB starts it'll be a wiz mode

Showdown is one mode armegeddon is the other

#1581 6 years ago

I haven't yet updated to 1.5 yet; but noticed a strange thing recently:
I reached & played Showdown and upon completion of the mode, my phone display screen went dark/blank.
For the balance of the game, the phone screen display didn't turn back on.
When I finished the game, I turned the game off and back on; and the screen/display returned back to normal, functioning as it should.

This hasn't happened on any other mode or during regular gameplay. It's also the third time I've reached Showdown and the screen never went blank before.

Has anyone else had this issue?

#1582 6 years ago

My screen went blank after updating and never came back. Currently waiting for a replacement.

#1583 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I haven't yet updated to 1.5 yet; but noticed a strange thing recently:
I reached & played Showdown and upon completion of the mode, my phone display screen went dark/blank.
For the balance of the game, the phone screen display didn't turn back on.
When I finished the game, I turned the game off and back on; and the screen/display returned back to normal, functioning as it should.
This hasn't happened on any other mode or during regular gameplay. It's also the third time I've reached Showdown and the screen never went blank before.
Has anyone else had this issue?

I have not had that specifically happens but in the 1.46 update notes(which is in public 1.5) in the change log they do mention this screen blanking on restart was fixed but it does not state it's related to Showdown however it could be related and might have fixed that too possibly. It's worth updating to 1.5 as it has many quality updates, enhancements, and fixes.

#1584 6 years ago

Yesterday, while diagnosing an issue with my pin (DILE #96), a JJP engineer noticed I was missing the Betty "Hi-Octane" protector (which is designed to prevent the ball from falling off the wireform when the diverter is raised and the large opening is exposed).

I've looked at other DI photos online and noticed it missing as well. Wonder when they added it. Is your Betty diverter hole protected?

snaroff

9161cf127c00c79a8e658ba61ffef5f8a3d52e04.png (resized).jpg9161cf127c00c79a8e658ba61ffef5f8a3d52e04.png (resized).jpg

#1585 6 years ago

How do you guys remove Mylar ove magnet at theater. I’ve removed drone but reaching theater is a pain. Do I have to remove theater to access.

#1586 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yesterday, while diagnosing an issue with my pin (DILE #96), a JJP engineer noticed I was missing the Betty "Hi-Octane" protector (which is designed to prevent the ball from falling off the wireform when the diverter is raised and the large opening is exposed).
I've looked at other DI photos online and noticed it missing as well. Wonder when they added it. Is your Betty diverter hole protected?
snaroff

What is it supposed to look like? Mine looks like yours.

#1587 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

How do you guys remove Mylar ove magnet at theater. I’ve removed drone but reaching theater is a pain. Do I have to remove theater to access.

Yes, remove the theater. First remove the upper playfield, then there are just two fasteners to remove the theatre. A nut in front and another in back. It's not that hard.
When you are under there, make sure that the magnet is absolutley flush with the playfield. Mine wasn't and that was what was causing my mylar to rip. Once it's flush you can replace the mylar and your issues will dissapear! JJP will send you new mylar if you call and ask.

#1588 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

DI flippers - should be strong. I'd start with the basics. Plungers move freely ? Coil stops on tight ? A tiny bit of up and down play on the flipper so the pawl below the playfield isn't binding on the nylon bushing the flipper shaft rides in, too much play and the plunger doesn't move in a straight line.
Then I'd follow wiring. From flipper to backbox. Any connector along the way, reseat and push in tight.
LTG : )

The lower 2 flippers on my example didn't have any up/down play and both EOS switches needed adjustment. After making these minor tweaks, the flippers are very strong and work great. The upper flipper on mine didn't need any tweaks...

#1589 6 years ago
Quoted from Oshara:

What is it supposed to look like? Mine looks like yours.

It's suppose to have the "Hi Octane" red protector (missing on mine).

snaroff

#1590 6 years ago

FYI, Cliffy has redesigned the phone scoop protector. With V-1, My ball was not shooting out of the hole properly, also very hard to get the ball in. Cliff sent me his redesigned V-2 and now its perfect. Photo shows both, New one on left.

Cliffy compare.PNGCliffy compare.PNG

#1591 6 years ago

Hey gang,

So ... has anyone made the SIM CARD shot from the upper flipper? And, I don't mean "banking it" off a target or having it accidentally dribble-in after a tough shot (where your brain processes it as IF you made the shot but you really didn't). I mean a SMACK KERCHUNK shot right into the hole right off the flipper?

I haven't made it once! And, I've literally tried numerous times specifically over the last couple of games! My SIM protector isn't raised-up and sits flush. I can hit that left ramp smooth as butter and the "Big Bang" light-up target underneath all day long. But, never ONCE have I made it into the SIM CARD shot (I realize it's supposed to be difficult but, shouldn't a shot actually go in there once in a while or is that how it was designed?).

Thanks all!
Chris

#1592 6 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang,
So ... has anyone made the SIM CARD shot from the upper flipper? And, I don't mean "banking it" off a target or having it accidentally dribble-in after a tough shot (where your brain processes it as IF you made the shot but you really didn't). I mean a SMACK KERCHUNK shot right into the hole right off the flipper?
I haven't made it once! And, I've literally tried numerous times specifically over the last couple of games! My SIM protector isn't raised-up and sits flush. I can hit that left ramp smooth as butter and the "Big Bang" light-up target underneath all day long. But, never ONCE have I made it into the SIM CARD shot (I realize it's supposed to be difficult but, shouldn't a shot actually go in there once in a while or is that how it was designed?).
Thanks all!
Chris

There is another Lawlor designed shot that can never be made with any flipper specific certainty.

The Hole In One on NGG. I can make it, but it always ALWAYS seems to be a matter of chance, not skill.

Maybe it's the same type of deal.

#1593 6 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang,
Thanks all!
Chris

I've only made it once or twice in over 100 games. I have the stock JJP hole protectors on my machine, and from other reports was told this protector makes the shot much more difficult. I just ordered the Cliffy in hopes that it makes the shot possible.

#1594 6 years ago

Just got a replacement Dialed In LE after having one of the first ones off the line many months ago (which should be an example shown to all QC trainees on how not to do QC). This new one , despite being a low number, is one of the most recent LEs made.

Interesting to see the differences between the first ones and these.....

1 - SIM hole now has cliffy-style protector. Doesn't appear to shrink the hole in any way but have not played it yet to see for sure.
2 - Phone scoop hole now has mylar around it (Heard some had cliffy-protector....maybe they removed because it made the shot impossible?).
3 - Outhole now has mylar in front of it.
4 - QED guy now has blue target instead of a blue sticker on a red target.
5 - Post rubber on right of phone scoop is now full-length "bouncy" rubber like on left side (used to be a typical post rubber).
6 - Felt pads now included on legs.
7 - Left apron instruction card is already installed (had to install yourself, if you wanted, on older models)
8 - Different type of rubber used on most posts (older models used much thicker flakey rubber)
9 - Balls included now ship with dessicant packet, and as a result no longer arrive rusty and gross. The balls are your typical not-really-shiny carbon core balls.

Unfortunate similarities....

1 - Game still comes dusty and dirty and should be vacuumed before play (the actual playfield)
2 - Rubber issues. Someone actually installed HALF a post rubber on the right outlane post that has the double rubbers. How that got through QC...
3 - Mylar still being installed over the magnet core on theatre and drone area.

#1595 6 years ago

The JJP Rad Cals look beautiful in pictures but I’ve never seen one in person ... Thoughts?
Anyone seen them side by side?
$400 is a good bump but if it’s that much better then I might be in.

#1596 6 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang,
Thanks all!
Chris

The 2 location DI’s I’ve played on did not have protectors on it and I had no real issues making the SIM shot. In fact, made it to showdown once. If I had this game in my home collection (and hopefully one day I do), I’d be real tempted to remove the protector if it’s bricking that much.

#1597 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

FYI, Cliffy has redesigned the phone scoop protector. With V-1, My ball was not shooting out of the hole properly, also very hard to get the ball in. Cliff sent me his redesigned V-2 and now its perfect. Photo shows both, New one on left.

Yep, the first one sucked. I spent hours trying to fix it and then finally just modified it and it is fine now.

#1598 6 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang,
Thanks all!
Chris

I make it pretty regularly now. I would say half my shots are luck and half are direct shots from upper flipper. It has to be perfect.

#1599 6 years ago

I can make the sim shot from upper flipper.... its difficult but can be done.. i have cliffys on my game.

#1600 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The 2 location DI’s I’ve played on did not have protectors on it and I had no real issues making the SIM shot. In fact, made it to showdown once. If I had this game in my home collection (and hopefully one day I do), I’d be real tempted to remove the protector if it’s bricking that much.

I agree. I have both sets of protectors and I'm only using 1 cliffy (v2) on the phone scoop. Seems like the SIM shot wouldn't take as much abuse (since it's not a VUK). The phone scoop is a tad more difficult, but not a big deal.

snaroff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/32?hl=tryton1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.