Topic Stats

• 9,343 posts
  • 505 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 176 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,121 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DITrap (resized).JPG
97E55CF6-7B4D-48F8-A538-ED978827C7DA (resized).jpeg
91A790A6-A8F0-4357-A429-8A34B2B071B1 (resized).jpeg
2FA68F6F-FF94-4B2D-A3DE-3996F2A6E843 (resized).jpeg
Rubber (resized).jpg
Cliffy2 (resized).jpg
Cliffy1 (resized).jpg
Cliffy3 (resized).jpg
20191003_181551 (resized).jpg
ScreenJJP (resized).jpg
showdown (resized).jpg
25389D20-1022-4992-9032-DC58F7E0D621 (resized).jpeg
E0A0B586-7AF4-483C-9C4B-D556087D9FF7 (resized).jpeg
FB41E8CD-4A3A-4540-AD90-BACF76CA6A6E (resized).jpeg
bigrock (resized).jpg
s1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 9343 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 187.
#1501 1 year ago

I thought I heard somewhere that hitting QED more times before getting the ball in the phone would increase scoring....did I imagine that?

#1502 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I thought I heard somewhere that hitting QED more times before getting the ball in the phone would increase scoring....did I imagine that?

"Overcharging" the phone, yes.

#1503 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

"Overcharging" the phone, yes.

How many more hits does it take and where is the info located... phone screen?

#1504 1 year ago

How many more hits does it take and where is the info located... phone screen?

Hitting it once after fully charged gives 120% displayed on phone screen (but only for a short time after the actual hit), then 140%, 160%, etc. maxes out at 200%.
Not sure what the points increase in mode is, but would assume it is at those percentages.

#1505 1 year ago

And when you overcharge the phone, the lights surrounding the phone device turn white showing the percent of the overcharge.

#1506 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Not sure what the points increase in mode is, but would assume it is at those percentages.

Adds 1,000 per hit. So if the mode rewards 10K per shot, it becomes 11K, or 12K with two hits, etc.

#1507 1 year ago

Can anyone advise on where to buy Cliffy protectors for Dialed In? My phone scoop is already starting to get funky. I can't seem to find them anywhere on the cliffy passion for pinball website.

#1508 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Can anyone advise on where to buy Cliffy protectors for Dialed In? My phone scoop is already starting to get funky. I can't seem to find them anywhere on the cliffy passion for pinball website.

You have to email him directly.

#1509 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Cliff Rinear <crinear@comcast.net>

#1510 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

If he doesn't have stock, get the free JJP first and then swap it. I would think they'd have it sent out pretty quick.

#1511 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If he doesn't have stock, get the free JJP first and then swap it. I would think they'd have it sent out pretty quick.

Thanks, but I don't see the protectors anywhere on the JJP website...?

#1512 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just open a support case. They'll send both the sim and the phone free.

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

But still get the cliffy down the track as it's much better.

#1513 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

You have to make a JJP support request to get them (although they sent one set to me without that, this is the preferred way). But yeah, they're too thick and the cliffys are much better, so that's the best choice.

#1514 1 year ago

You had a support case just the same, only you didn’t make it yourself.

#1515 1 year ago

Contacted JJP a week ago about the many issues I'm having with my game, and haven't received a reply at all from them. If this is how they treat customers, it will absolutely be my last purchase with them.

On a side note, I've had only amazing experiences with CGC

#1516 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Contacted JJP a week ago about the many issues I'm having with my game, and haven't received a reply at all from them. If this is how they treat customers, it will absolutely be my last purchase with them.
On a side note, I've had only amazing experiences with CGC

Phone or online? Their phone support is fantastic. Their support ticket system, not so much.

#1517 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Phone or online? Their phone support is fantastic. Their support ticket system, not so much.

Online. Right out of the box, my diverter wasn't working, B.O.B scoop not closing, wireform does not hold ball and instead hops over into drain, phone scoop ejecting balls super fast one shot, then super slow down the middle the next, two snapped rubbers, the pf is so tight to the cab, that put it back into the the resting position almost takes force that feels like you're going to chipped off the edge of the wood, and of course, those annoying metal protectors that rejects shots more than they protect anything.

I've bought three games NIB, and I've had issues with all unfortunately. I think I have shitty luck with pins. But CGC was so quick to provide support, that I got things up and running quickly. Pretty disappointed with all the issues I have to now work through to get this game running after paying as much as I did!

#1518 1 year ago

Do people prefer the cliffy protectors or the default ones that comes on the game? Any difference between both?

#1519 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Online. Right out of the box, my diverter was working, B.O.B scoop not closing, wireform does not hold ball and instead hops over into drain, phone scoop ejecting balls super fast one shot, then super slow down the middle the next, two snapped rubbers, the pf is so tight to the cab, that put it back into the the resting position almost takes force that feels like you're going to chipped off the edge of the wood, and of course, those annoying metal protectors that rejects shots more than they protect anything.
I've bought three games NIB, and I've had issues with all unfortunately. I think I have shitty luck with pins. But CGC was so quick to provide support, that I got things up and running quickly. Pretty disappointed with all the issues I have to now work through to get this game running after paying as much as I did!

Most of those issues are easy tweaks that have been detailed here, but yeah, I'd try their phone support. Much better than online in my experience. I just put the revised cliffy on the phone scoop and it's night and day compared to the JJP one I tried out. That will absolutely solve your ball reject problems.

#1520 1 year ago

Do people prefer the cliffy protectors or the default ones that comes on the game? Any difference between both?

Huge difference. The cliffys are much thinner and take up less of the holes so less ball rejects. His experience shines through in the design. I haven't seen a single owner recommend the JJP one yet.

#1521 1 year ago

My phone kickout appears to be less powerful too. Upped the coil power to 21.

I’m getting a few SDTM from the phone kickout.. anyone else have this issue?

#1522 1 year ago

Dialed inn power blades by joe at pingraffix video doesn’t justify but you get the point

#1523 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Dialed inn power blades by joe at pingraffix video doesn’t justify but you get the point » YouTube video

Nice but isn't that attack from mars?

#1524 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Yes, but I couldn't figure out if it's a 1.50 thing or the machine passing the break-in period.

#1525 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Dialed inn power blades by joe at pingraffix video doesn’t justify but you get the point » YouTube video

Seems weird because UFOs are a small part of what Dialed In is about.

#1526 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Online. Right out of the box, my diverter wasn't working, B.O.B scoop not closing, wireform does not hold ball and instead hops over into drain, phone scoop ejecting balls super fast one shot, then super slow down the middle the next, two snapped rubbers, the pf is so tight to the cab, that put it back into the the resting position almost takes force that feels like you're going to chipped off the edge of the wood, and of course, those annoying metal protectors that rejects shots more than they protect anything.

For the playfield being tight did you remove the big block of foam from the back of the playfield? My friend got his DI and we couldn't get the playfield to return to position when pushing it back in. His was a white block of foam.

#1527 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Your metal hangers likely need to be bent back slightly, I had the same issue.

I’d check your phone scoop coil mount under the play field, it may be loose.

Bob trap door is common, detailed fix if you search the forum, even a nice video.

Not sure about balls flying off the ramp, not had that issue, maybe just an alignment of the wire form or leveling issue.

Snapped rubbers seems odd, but that’s an easy fix and not common.

Cliffys are the way to go. I was a little pissed I had to spend another $115 to address sim hole chipping. Seems jjp missed that one.

Jjp has always responded quickly via email, maybe just send a follow up.

Overall, everything you describe is really minor. Very few nib games are perfect. My AFMr had all its coils dead out of the box. Turned out, the coin door wasn’t engaging the interlock switch enough. Simple adjustment.

#1528 1 year ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

For the playfield being tight did you remove the big block of foam from the back of the playfield? My friend got his DI and we couldn't get the playfield to return to position when pushing it back in. His was a white block of foam.

Mine is super tight as well. I coudn't find anything to fix it just try not to take the playfield out for any reason cause it is a beast to get back in.

#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Mine is super tight as well. I coudn't find anything to fix it just try not to take the playfield out for any reason cause it is a beast to get back in.

Mine too. Seems like the large tubes that protect all the wires running to the head are the culprit. Removing the glass is also different than my other pins...the glass comes REALLY close to hitting the cabinet. Lockdown bar is also really, really tight (sure that's adjustable). Minor stuff, but makes going under the hood a little more painful...

Has anyone been experiencing this issue I posted recently? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-le-left-ramp-shot-results-in-lost-ball

snaroff

#1530 1 year ago

Where Can I get cliffys for dialed in. His website doesn’t have them listed. Do I ask for kick out protectors or a entire set for the game? Haven’t gotten mine yet, just want to be ready.

#1531 1 year ago

Email cliff directly that’s how he takes orders.

#1532 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Unfortunately jjp wont be able to help much with these minor issues/ajustments. Most of these fixes are documented well in this forum.

#1533 1 year ago

Hi there
Just curious to know what could be improved with code in your opinion?
Are another upgrades planed?
Thanks

#1534 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Seems weird because UFOs are a small part of what Dialed In is about.

Really theirs a mode with the ufos plus one on the left slingshot another one on the apron another one on the backhead unit plus one on the backglass their everywhere the colors are a perfect match also once i put them on it was like they were factory

#1535 1 year ago

Nice but isn't that attack from mars?

Yes they are i was at joes booth at expo we grabbed a set and walked over to the dialed inn was a perfect match lol seems unreal but they are

#1536 1 year ago

I can’t wait to own a Dialed In LE !!! Played a friend of mines the other day, truly and amazing machine.

#1537 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

It's grazing the wire ramp just in front of the scoop as it ejects. It's lightly hitting the bottom side of the ramp & slowing it down & putting backspin on the ball, it's hard to detect. To verify this, take the glass off & start a game. Put your index finger on the top of the ramp in front of the scoop. Put the ball in the scoop with your other hand & let it eject. If you feel any vibration from the ball hitting the bottom side of the ramp, you need to bend the tab of the scoop down until the ball does not hit the bottom side of the ramp. I did this to mine & it fixed it.
Good luck.

#1538 1 year ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Where Can I get cliffys for dialed in. His website doesn’t have them listed. Do I ask for kick out protectors or a entire set for the game? Haven’t gotten mine yet, just want to be ready.

Email crinear@comcast.net and ask for a set of Dialed In protectors. He'll send you a paypal invoice.

#1539 1 year ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

It's grazing the wire ramp just in front of the scoop as it ejects. It's lightly hitting the bottom side of the ramp & slowing it down & putting backspin on the ball, it's hard to detect. To verify this, take the glass off & start a game. Put your index finger on the top of the ramp in front of the scoop. Put the ball in the scoop with your other hand & let it eject. If you feel any vibration from the ball hitting the bottom side of the ramp, you need to bend the tab of the scoop down until the ball does not hit the bottom side of the ramp. I did this to mine & it fixed it.
Good luck.

Thanks.. a friend worked this out when we were playing, lowered the coil power to 15 and it’s fine, good kickout with no issue.

Thanks again

#1540 1 year ago

New issue.
Black bottom Drone not working,

It is intermittent.. on going onto YouTube and looking into how it comes apart, going to have to take the ramp off and go from the underneath. It looks like either motor shaft bent or wires that powers the motor are loose.
If I touch or hold the Drone motor blade the other 3 spin.. are they all chained together?

I’ve asked my distro for a new one.
Question is do JJP just send a Drone or will it have the wire harness attached so I can just run the wires? ltg any help would be appreciated

Thanks

#1541 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Most of those issues are easy tweaks that have been detailed here, but yeah, I'd try their phone support. Much better than online in my experience. I just put the revised cliffy on the phone scoop and it's night and day compared to the JJP one I tried out. That will absolutely solve your ball reject problems.

Support reach out to me after my second email to them. I fully agree that all of these issues are fixable, and I definitely will get them done. But am I the only one that thinks it's ridiculous to get a game NIB and have all the minor issues out of the box?

The B.O.B issue should have been addressed before JJP ever shipped these out. And broken rubbers just makes me feel like they didn't give a shit.

It's a pain in the ass for me, as I had to slide the game in the part of my basement where the ceilings are low, and in order to life the pf, I have to move a lot of things around.

Not the end of the world. Got the Cliffy's now, so once I find some free time, I'll knock all these issues out and finally get to enjoy the game. It's definitely a fun game!

One question about the B.O.B door. What sort of oil/grease should I use? And in the video a few pages back, the guy talks about bending back a metal tab. Is that necessary, or just put oil on it?

Thanks all

#1542 1 year ago

Ok. Cliffy sent me the info. Question is do I go for the hole protectors for 54 or the whole set for 100 something. . Not sure what others are for.

#1543 1 year ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Ok. Cliffy sent me the info. Question is do I go for the hole protectors for 54 or the whole set for 100 something. . Not sure what others are for.

Full set includes shooter lane and lane switch protectors. Go for the whole set. You won't regret it!

#1544 1 year ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

You want the phone scoop, sim hole and two inlane switch protectors plus the shooter lane. You don’t need the skill shot protector, I got too many ball hang ups with it on and took it off.

#1545 1 year ago

I’ll order all except skill shot then. Thanks.

#1546 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You want the phone scoop, sim hole and two inlane switch protectors plus the shooter lane. You don’t need the skill shot protector, I got too many ball hang ups with it on and took it off.

Yeah, that skill shot switch type and design is a disaster. Putting a protector in there too is not advised.

#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yeah, that skill shot switch type and design is a disaster. Putting a protector in there too is not advised.

I wouldn't call it a "disaster". All you need to do is bend the wire back slightly. That's it. Works 100% with the Cliffy in place for me - it's not the protector holding the ball, it's the wire being too high.

You should dial back the hyperbole - look at how people like Frolic react when people blow problems up out of proportion.

#1548 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I wouldn't call it a "disaster". All you need to do is bend the wire back slightly. That's it. Works 100% with the Cliffy in place for me - it's not the protector holding the ball, it's the wire being too high.
You should dial back the hyperbole - look at how people like Frolic react when people blow problems up out of proportion.

It was a disaster on the one we had, no hyperbole. Literally a week of tweaking and bending before we could get it to reliably register 100% of the time without hanging the ball up and triggering ball search sometimes. Once I got it dialed in, it's been rock solid, but it's a dumb design choice that should have been an opto or something, especially with how tight things are mechanically under the PF in that area.

#1549 1 year ago

Just a quick update. I did get an email from support at JJP and Jack himself. They've been very helpful.

ltg Steve mentioned that you might have put together a Quantum Theatre uninstall guide? Trying to figure out how to get access to the mylar, so I can cut around the magnet to prevent future bubbling.

Also, just something I was wondering about when I got the game delivered, but totally forgot about since. I received 3 leg levellers that were standard size (as you get on all games) and one that was much longer? Is there a reason that JJP send out one super long leg leveller, or was this a botch up?

#1550 1 year ago

Ehhhhh! Got DI LE #002 incoming! Excited for it to arrive this week. Sure there will be lots of tweaking to do before I have friends over this coming weekend.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9343 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 187.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside