IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 273.
#1451 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So I pulled the pf up, and took a look. Seems the wheel wasn't pressing down on the switch enough to make contact. All I did was move it around with my hand a little, and it started making contact. Played a few games, and seems to be working, but I suspect this problem will reoccur. The part that looks like a leg leveller seem to only be able to adjust the diverter on top, but what adjustments could be made to ensure the switch always gets enough contact to press in that little green button? The rotating wheel doesn't seem to be adjustable, so it would maybe come down to pulling out that switch and attaching something thin on it that would close the gap that there seems to be between the wheel and the switch. Any thoughts on this?
I'm also now getting an error on coil #36, showing that the trap door is "broken".

You can bend the leaf switch blade that has the roller up just a little bit so it makes contact easier. You can also loosen the two screws on the switch then angle the switch upward and re-tighten. It shouldn't take much of either to get it to work reliably.

The trap door is probably the issue that's been discussed a number of times in this thread. Read back a few pages on how to fine-tune that device.

#1452 6 years ago

Have my game at 7.0 bc iike them less floaty. Game plays great and is very fast and difficult.

#1453 6 years ago

Mine is at the second line on the bubble, but if I throw my phone on the PF I get 9 degrees. Which seems wrong.

#1454 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Mine is at the second line on the bubble, but if I throw my phone on the PF I get 9 degrees. Which seems wrong.

For sure lol..... mine at 7.0 is at third line.

#1455 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Those phone apps can be very inaccurate for pitch and level.

#1456 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Those phone apps can be very inaccurate for pitch and level.

I also tried it with my oldschool WMS 'angleometer thing'. Who ever used those? It's so damn tiny you can barely read it -- but it looked like about 8 on that one, but I may have not had it at 100% straight.

#1457 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have my game at 7.0 bc iike them less floaty. Game plays great and is very fast and difficult.

Mine too and I have no issues with balls falling off wire forms, bouncing out of lanes or getting stuck anywhere. I've never had to pull the glass for a stuck ball.

#1458 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I also tried it with my oldschool WMS 'angleometer thing'. Who ever used those? It's so damn tiny you can barely read it -- but it looked like about 8 on that one, but I may have not had it at 100% straight.

I highly recommend one of these. It not only helps get the desired pitch but also the side-to-side level:

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-digital-torpedo-level/p-00948295000P

#1459 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

First thing is check if the optos are still stuck in the wall they are snapped into, on either side of the lane the ball goes through under the theater.

I suspect this can show up from shipping. A little grease on the shaft above the yellow circle in this picture, work it up and down a few times. and the bracket holding the blue coil in the picture, give it one gentle tug to the right in this picture ( in the game, towards the front of the playfield )
LTG : )

I had the same issue and nothing worked until I found this link. http://funwithbonus.com/dialed-in-day-trap-door-issue/

Even in that photo posted, you can see the issue. See that tab sticking straight up in the air in the middle of the yellow arrow? That is the adjustment, and it should be bent over on the plate. Follow that link above to adjust.

#1460 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Mine was installed backwards when I received mine. Even with it installed properly, the bubble level isn't super accurate. Better to do with a digital level or something.

#1461 6 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

I had the same issue and nothing worked until I found this link. http://funwithbonus.com/dialed-in-day-trap-door-issue/
Even in that photo posted, you can see the issue. See that tab sticking straight up in the air in the middle of the yellow arrow? That is the adjustment, and it should be bent over on the plate. Follow that link above to adjust.

Mine adjustment tab sticks straight out and I have no issues with the trap door opening and closing. Not clear why it happens on some games and not others.

#1462 6 years ago

I understand you can cancel multiball start somehow? How? I've tried mashing the flippers but multiball just starts quicker.

#1463 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I understand you can cancel multiball start somehow? How? I've tried mashing the flippers but multiball just starts quicker.

Hit both flippers at the same time TWICE in succession when the multiball screen comes up on the phone. MB will re-light after you start a mode.

#1464 6 years ago

The multiball can be canceled just after locking the last ball. The phone become green, and you have to press both flippers. The phone stop vibrating and you can start a mode or bashing QED. If you loose the ball the "start multiball" restart and can't be canceled.

#1465 6 years ago

Thanks guys

#1466 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Hit both flippers at the same time TWICE in succession when the multiball screen comes up on the phone. MB will re-light after you start a mode.

Just a question... Why would you want to cancel a Multiball? Just asking as I'm new to the game and figure it's a strategy of some sort?

#1467 6 years ago

So you can light more modes or get a sim card lit, so you can have those running while multiball is happening...

#1468 6 years ago

I just found this crazy bug on the new code, the score just constantly gets higher and higher and higher without a switch being hit. My daughter was playing at the time but you can see in the video I will link

#1469 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

I just found this crazy bug on the new code, the score just constantly gets higher and higher and higher without a switch being hit. My daughter was playing at the time but you can see in the video I will link
» YouTube video

What were the circumstances?

#1470 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

without a switch being hit.

Any switches stuck closed ?

#1471 6 years ago

On my Dialed in the sound sounds like it is skipping in certain times during the game but it happens the same time every time it happens. I was thinking that it was part of the sound package because the characters voice on the phone during the emp strike skips a little while he is talking every time the mode starts I thought it was part of the game because of the emp strike and all but now I am not to sure. Because the sound skips during the start of multiball, When the announcer says best selfie ever, in the beginning of the acid rain mode and when the announcer says ball one locked. It happens at the same time everytime that is why I thought it was part of the sound package. I went through all of the sound tests and they all play perfectly. Is this a glitch in the code maybe when to many sounds are playing. I hear the same skipping through the headphones as well so it is not the speakers. Any suggestions on how to fix this or is it just how the game is?

Thanks in advance everybody.

Selfie mode is my new guilty pleasure !!!

#1472 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Any switches stuck closed ?

No switches stuck, after the ball, the score was normal. It has only happened once. Really freaky

#1473 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What were the circumstances?

We were playing a 3 player game, she started her ball, and it just started going crazy..

#1474 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

We were playing a 3 player game, she started her ball, and it just started going crazy..

CRAZY!

That's a display issue and not a scoring problem. (Otherwise, she would have had a Grand Champion score of 100M.)

Thanks for the report!

#1475 6 years ago

Played a couple of games tonight, and noticed that balls are shot out of the phone scoop, they now come noticeably slower than when I first started the game up.

Even had a couple of balls come right out of the scoop and straight down the middle.

Feel like everytime I turn on this game there is a new problem. Not exactly the greatest first impression of JJP.

Any suggestions?

#1476 6 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

To everyone who has the game with JJP protectors installed: GET THE CLIFFY'S. This afternoon I took the JJP protectors out and installed the Cliffy ones - they are SO much thinner and play better, especially for the SIM shot. On my game at least the SIM shot was un-makable with the JJP protector except from a random bounce-in - a direct shot would ALWAYS get deflected away by the protector.
Top score before today, a few hundred games in since I got the game a couple weeks ago: 750k
Top score today, about 5 or so games after installing the Cliffy's: 2.9M. Collected 4 sim cards, boom!

Yup, same deal here. That SIM protector is raised so much that a direct shot almost never goes in. Not sure how they put these things together like this and send them out. Glad I ordered the Cliffy's, and I'll switch them once they arrive.

#1477 6 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

To everyone who has the game with JJP protectors installed: GET THE CLIFFY'S. This afternoon I took the JJP protectors out and installed the Cliffy ones - they are SO much thinner and play better, especially for the SIM shot. On my game at least the SIM shot was un-makable with the JJP protector except from a random bounce-in - a direct shot would ALWAYS get deflected away by the protector.
Top score before today, a few hundred games in since I got the game a couple weeks ago: 750k
Top score today, about 5 or so games after installing the Cliffy's: 2.9M. Collected 4 sim cards, boom!

Appreciate the recommendation. In 100+ games I've probably hit that SIM card shot from the upper flipper twice. I just ordered the Cliffy's.

#1478 6 years ago

I know this has been covered, but once I pull up the app on my phone, what do I need to do to connect it to the game?

#1479 6 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

what do I need to do to connect it to the game?

Start game. Hold left flipper button in at the same time hold left flipper button on your screen, until they link.

#1480 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Start game. Hold left flipper button in at the same time hold left flipper button on your screen, until they link.

Do you still need to hold the buttons with the new updated app and 1.50 pin software?

#1481 6 years ago

Anyone own a Standard Edition? Or has anyone seen a video of one?

I'm curious what the light show looks like compared to the LE. Every video I've seen has been of the LE except for one, but the game is only in attract mode, there isn't any footage of it being played.

I know the Standard is missing the ramp lights and cityscape lights but I'm curious how much it darkens gameplay.

#1482 6 years ago
Quoted from chill:

I'm curious what the light show looks like compared to the LE. Every video I've seen has been of the LE except for one, but the game is only in attract mode, there isn't any footage of it being played.
I know the Standard is missing the ramp lights and cityscape lights but I'm curious how much it darkens gameplay.

This is the video that cemented the LE for me:

Without the ramp lights, the upper left corner of the PF on a standard is so dark during lightshows.

#1483 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This is the video that cemented the LE for me: » YouTube video
Without the ramp lights, the upper left corner of the PF on a standard is so dark during lightshows.

Thanks. That's the one I saw. I agree, the upper left looks quite dark and somewhat incomplete compared to the LE. If only he would have played a ball or two on it so we could see it in action.

#1484 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you still need to hold the buttons with the new updated app and 1.50 pin software?

As far as I know, yes. I haven't tried it yet.

#1485 6 years ago
Quoted from chill:

PinDaddy on Twitch has a SE. He's got a number of gameplay vids but here's a good one with a direct feed of the monitor:

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/176960379

#1486 6 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

PinDaddy on Twitch has a SE. He's got a number of gameplay vids but here's a good one with a direct feed of the monitor:
https://go.twitch.tv/videos/176960379

Awesome! Just what I needed.

Thank you for the link.

#1487 6 years ago

Just an observation that may be the case and could help others:

I noticed that when I upgraded from 1.13 to 1.5 that my Theater magnet started dropping the balls SDTM very often however after many games to seem to get "smart" and started to correct itself. Now it consistently drops them to the tip of the right flipper. I "almost" started going into the settings to change the magnet setting but figured I would test this theory out and it seems to have resolved itself.

This reminds me of the logic built into Monster Bash and its Phantom Flip where it learns if it misses the shots and then adjusts, or like Thing in Addams Family. It seems to make sense that JJP would build this into its game. Anyone else experience this?

#1488 6 years ago

Do you still have Mylar over your magnet? It could be wearing slightly and changing how the magnet grabs and releases it.

#1489 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. But now, in 1.50, once the game 'sees' the phone app's bluetooth signal, the backbox LCD will prompt you to hold down the left buttons to connect your device.

#1490 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Do you still have Mylar over your magnet? It could be wearing slightly and changing how the magnet grabs and releases it.

It's still on there but I don't think that the limited number game (maybe 10) would be enough to change the dynamics enough. Either way I'm happy with the results I just don't know for sure how they came about. I thought this might be helpful for others out there to see if they might just wait a few games to see if it goes away like mine.

#1491 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Played a couple of games tonight, and noticed that balls are shot out of the phone scoop, they now come noticeably slower than when I first started the game up.
Even had a couple of balls come right out of the scoop and straight down the middle.
Feel like everytime I turn on this game there is a new problem. Not exactly the greatest first impression of JJP.
Any suggestions?

It's the scoop. Just bend it down some, it's grazing the ramp in front of it & putting backspin on the ball.

#1492 6 years ago

So, put a list together of things that aren't working on my machine, and what I need to get it done. Cliffy's should be here tomorrow, and will get everything running as it was meant to be.

A little confused about what to do with the mylar on the magnets. Some people suggest cutting around the magnet on the top and others from the bottom of the pf.

I'm assuming the objective is to get the mylar. off the magnet itself and leave the rest that covers the area around it?

I know when I take that mylar off I'm going to be left with all types of residue on the magnet. How do I get the residue off without affecting the rest of the mylar? If I were to use something like Goo Gone, anything that got to the edges around the magnet could be affected.

Any suggestions?

#1493 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So, put a list together of things that aren't working on my machine, and what I need to get it done. Cliffy's should be here tomorrow, and will get everything running as it was meant to be.
A little confused about what to do with the mylar on the magnets. Some people suggest cutting around the magnet on the top and others from the bottom of the pf.
I'm assuming the objective is to get the mylar. off the magnet itself and leave the rest that covers the area around it?
I know when I take that mylar off I'm going to be left with all types of residue on the magnet. How do I get the residue off without affecting the rest of the mylar? If I were to use something like Goo Gone, anything that got to the edges around the magnet could be affected.
Any suggestions?

If it hasn't been on there that long, you may not have much residue on the magnet core and can roll it up with your fingers. Otherwise, a little goo gone will be fine.

I just carefully cut around the core at the edge between it and the playfield to get it off here. Worked fine.

#1494 6 years ago

Was writing the 1.50 image to my USB when I got this message to overwrite.

Does this look normal?

IMG_20171108_224824 (resized).jpgIMG_20171108_224824 (resized).jpg

#1495 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Was writing the 1.50 image to my USB when I got this message to overwrite.

Does this look normal?

Click the Yes

#1496 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Click the Yes

Haha, I know to do that if I want to overwrite the file, just making sure this was normal. If you recall, I had that issue with the corrupted MMR file.

#1497 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Haha, I know to do that if I want to overwrite the file, just making sure this was normal. If you recall, I had that issue with the corrupted MMR file.

Mine did exactly the same.

#1498 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Mine did exactly the same.

Thank you fine sir!

#1499 6 years ago

I'm considering selling cftbl and wh20 to fund a DI.
I would prefer not to sell two games but I really want a DI.

#1500 6 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I'm considering selling cftbl and wh20 to fund a DI.
I would prefer not to sell two games but I really want a DI.

Why don't you wait for some used standards to come up for sale. I just sold my cftbl but could not part ways with wh2o.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/30?hl=tryton1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.