IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 273.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Sounds crazy but I kind of feel like Dial In is a continuation in smooth of NGG
What do you think?

I think that's probably because it has 2 real orbit shots, instead of a Lawlor Shot, Which is pretty rare for him. eXpecially NGG which left orbit is massive

#102 6 years ago

Does anyone know when the games with factory installed cliffy like protectors will be shipping?

#103 6 years ago

The game is a big hit in my house,the more I play it the more I love it,I am sure when people get a chance to play it they will appreciate this amazing game,it was a ton of cash but you can see and feel the value especially compaired to sterns latest offerings I am not bashing stern and love there games but the quality difference is very real

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

The game is a big hit in my house,the more I play it the more I love it,I am sure when people get a chance to play it they will appreciate this amazing game,it was a ton of cash but you can see and feel the value especially compaired to sterns latest offerings I am not bashing stern and love there games but the quality difference is very real

Well said. The build quality is the best. Nothing is close.

#105 6 years ago

The scoup is going to need protection asap,it gets hit a lot.

#106 6 years ago

Picked up 2 le,s last night after playing a few games noticed the left kick back doesn't work a 100 percent has anybody else had this problem happened on both games brand new out of the box

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Picked up 2 le,s last night after playing a few games noticed the left kick back doesn't work a 100 percent has anybody else had this problem happened on both games brand new out of the box

Mine misses occasionally, but the software seems to compensate and kick out a new ball if the kickback misses.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Mine misses occasionally, but the software seems to compensate and kick out a new ball if the kickback misses.

I played with the settings kickback delay 60 seems to work perfectly for me

IMG_7547 (resized).JPGIMG_7547 (resized).JPG

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Anybody else in on an LE from PinballSTAR? I'm in no rush, but it seems like his allotment has been slow to arrive. I've got a few pinball projects I can work on until this ships, but I was wondering if any other PinballSTAR customers have heard anything.

My LE from Joe arrived last week. The tracking number arrived after the game. It's well worth the wait.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

My LE from Joe arrived last week. The tracking number arrived after the game. It's well worth the wait.

Well dam... hope i hear something soon since i was told to pay in full few weeks ago and that i was in the first batch....

#111 6 years ago

Recently I was able to unbox, play and review Jersey Jack's Dialed In pinball machine. As I was videoing the unboxing the first time around all my videos were lost because I accidentally formatted the memory stick of the video camera.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/07/14/unboxing-jersey-jacks-dialed-in-review-and-gameplay-video/

YouTube Video :

Dialed In (resized).jpgDialed In (resized).jpg

DSC03150 (resized).JPGDSC03150 (resized).JPG

DSC03153 (resized).JPGDSC03153 (resized).JPG

#112 6 years ago

LE #323 in the house!!

Thanks so Much to Joe@ Pinballstar for your amazing service and follow through as always!!
Added an External Polk Sub and it really cranks out the sound!

Having trouble connecting the game with my I phone 6+. Is there instructions anywhere?

Game is amazing!!!
Wow!!!

IMG_3536 (resized).JPGIMG_3536 (resized).JPG

IMG_3538 (resized).JPGIMG_3538 (resized).JPG

IMG_3549 (resized).JPGIMG_3549 (resized).JPG

IMG_3551 (resized).JPGIMG_3551 (resized).JPG

IMG_3552 (resized).JPGIMG_3552 (resized).JPG

IMG_3525 (resized).JPGIMG_3525 (resized).JPG

#113 6 years ago

First topper I've seen. Looks great! Where is it from?

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Well dam... hope i hear something soon since i was told to pay in full few weeks ago and that i was in the first batch....

Darin I told you July, it's July 14th... there are 17 more days in July. Your game will be ready for pick up in the next week or so. Still on target bud... early even ! : )

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Ordered with Joe before game was announced and paid in full for over a month. Talked to him last week and it sounded like he expects it to ship by the end of the month.

Fred, yes you are shipping next week, prior to end of month as promised.

#116 6 years ago

Joe is getting those games out!

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

#54 in the house.

Looking good Derron ! Thanks for being a Day 1 Dialed In PinballSTAR customer ! That's how you get your game early folks...

People who are complaining they haven't gotten their game and ordered months later need to be patient. They did not build 1500 games on the first day.

I'm getting PLENTY of games allotted to me as one of the larger distributors - we have 100 ordered meaning we get large percentage of each batch JJP makes. All my preorder Hobbit customers had their games in the first few months, DI will be no different.

Be patient please they are coming. Glad everyone is so excited !!!

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Anybody else in on an LE from PinballSTAR? I'm in no rush, but it seems like his allotment has been slow to arrive. I've got a few pinball projects I can work on until this ships, but I was wondering if any other PinballSTAR customers have heard anything.

Jeff you ordered 2 months after they went on sale. My Day 1 orders were ahead of you. I do things fairly, always will... My allotments are NOT slow to arrive. I have and continue to get plenty of games shipping...

Now for the good news... I just worked out my first August allotment with Jen this AM and YOUR spot is in it... I'll be sending you your 'pay me' email in next few days ! How 'bout dem apples ? : )

Thanks for being a PinballSTAR customer Jeff ! Can't wait to get you your game !

Joe

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

LE #323 in the house!!
Thanks so Much to Joe@ Pinballstar for your amazing service and follow through as always!!
Added an External Polk Sub and it really cranks out the sound!
Having trouble connecting the game with my I phone 6+. Is there instructions anywhere?
Game is amazing!!!
Wow!!!

I bought a Polk sub for mine too and am curious the best way to connect it to DI. I've added them to Bally/Williams and Stern games in the past by soldering a speaker cable to the cabinet speaker and running it out of the cabinet to the sub. Is that the way to go with DI too or is there a better way?

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I bought a Polk sub for mine too and am curious the best way to connect it to DI. I've added them to Bally/Williams and Stern games in the past by soldering a speaker cable to the cabinet speaker and running it out of the cabinet to the sub. Is that the way to go with DI too or is there a better way?

I've never added an external sub before, would you mind linking the one you picked up?

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I've never added an external sub before, would you mind linking the one you picked up?

The Polk PSW10 is kind of the go-to for external pinball subs. They've gone as low as ~$50 each, I grabbed another last week for $75 from Adorama: https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA

One of the best upgrades you can make for a pin IMO. Can't wait to hit some DI Big Bangs with that thing hooked up. And it's easy to keep for the next game if/when you sell or trade.

#122 6 years ago

Hey crashing your party a little bit here, but wanted to ask for compareable games on the toughness that DI gives you.

I play for fun and don't take pinball to seriously. I stopped playing leagues and tourneys and am a good player, not great. I have a family also. Theme counts!

Don't want to start anything by saying this but - I am in on a SW LE and love the theme and LCD but the game looks a lot more like ACDC tough than SM for sure. That makes me pause a little.

Fun counts also and DI looks and plays like a treat! I played DI like 10 times so I don't have the feel yet. So toughness wise where does it fall? Like TAF tough? A little tougher like Whirlwind? NASCAR? Others?

Thanks!

Also I meant ball times and able to start MB and modes and not beat the game tough.

#123 6 years ago

It's highly variable depending on how you set it up, but you can have it play fairly easy if you want. I would say on the out of the box settings that it's pretty similar to something like The Addams Family, yeah. There is a bit more randomness on Dialed In with the extra magnets, but they're not quite as dangerous as The Power. They just fire more often.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's highly variable depending on how you set it up, but you can have it play fairly easy if you want. I would say on the out of the box settings that it's pretty similar to something like The Addams Family, yeah. There is a bit more randomness on Dialed In with the extra magnets, but they're not quite as dangerous as The Power. They just fire more often.

Hmmm this is making more sense to lean on DI or downgrade SWLE to pro and work on getting both with your answer. It is kind of what I thought. Thanks

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

First topper I've seen. Looks great! Where is it from?

Yeah where is the topper from? Is it direct order from JJP? Is that the CE topper on an LE?

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Yeah where is the topper from? Is it direct order from JJP? Is that the CE topper on an LE?

I to want to know this ANSWER right now!

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Me Three!

#128 6 years ago

JJP sent me some mylars for the scoops. I was hoping for metal protectors, but this is better then nothing.

Maybe the metal ones are forthcoming.

#129 6 years ago

My distro said they are and will be available to anyone that wants one.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Sorry, crazy day lol

Topper was a one off from a local guy here in FL who is a friend
its nothing official, but im very happy with it

Glad to see everyone like it though

#131 6 years ago

Does anybody know how far along the code is and future updates?

#132 6 years ago

The code is "rules complete", and it plays great. I even managed to get to the Armageddon mini-wizard mode.

Some of the character call outs have animation that plays when you start modes, and some just have a static image. I imagine those will be completed in the future along with some bug fixes.

#133 6 years ago

Connecting your mobile device to Dialed In!™

There's a Jersey Jack App for Android and IOS/ Apple - links are below

Once you download the App, Start a game and before you launch the first ball, press and hold the left flipper button on the game cabinet and on the App screen.

It takes about ten to twelve seconds of holding both buttons.

Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device.

If you are the second, third, fourth player you will have to repeat the steps above - hold both flippers, before launching your ball, etc. I've seen player 1 connect to player 2 and vice-versa to mess with each other.....

At the factory I linked up to two games and flipped both from my iPhone. I had a range of about 15 feet from the game and it still flipped. The Green "Atom" button launches the ball. More to come.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Jersey+Jack+Pinball

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jersey-jack-pinball/id1201400958?mt=8

#134 6 years ago

Jack said the metal protectors are coming, and will be installed at the factory after they are ready ! What a game!

#135 6 years ago

Considering a trade of my scared stiff plus cash for an LE. Sounds like overall folks are very happy with their purchase. I've played Dialed In at southern fried and liked it but didn't love it. That said it was a show, hard to hear and only got a few games on it.

Thoughts?

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Considering a trade of my scared stiff plus cash for an LE. Sounds like overall folks are very happy with their purchase. I've played Dialed In at southern fried and liked it but didn't love it. That said it was a show, hard to hear and only got a few games on it.
Thoughts?

You already answered your question. At a show, hard to hear, few games on it. But I will add a few. You may not know the rule set, pitch was probably not set right. It's my favorite game in my collection. Take a peek at what I have.

#137 6 years ago

Thoughts?

I think dialed in is just ok out of the box :/ but once you turn up the pop bumpers slingshots flippers to full strength put the shaker and magnets on extreme holy shtttt the game pops on a whole another level of greatness

#138 6 years ago

Well, one reason I'd move SS is to get somehing deeper. Sure looks like DILE would fit the bill for sure.

#139 6 years ago

Well, one reason I'd move SS is to get somehing deeper. Sure looks like DILE would fit the bill for sure.

You should keep that classic SS. Let go of a Stern.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You should keep that classic SS. Let go of a Stern.

I know this is a dialed in fans club but man you def have the Pitchfork out for stern

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I know this is a dialed in fans club but man you def have the Pitchfork out for stern

God it's frikkin annoying. it's just as bad as the other side...just feeds both stupid sides to say their stupid endless shit forever.

#142 6 years ago

What's the wait time approximately if you order now to when you receive the game?

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What's the wait time approximately if you order now to when you receive the game?

depends on what you order. i could have a couple standards ready in a few weeks, but my limited edition orders are probably 6 weeks out at least.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Sorry.

Quoted from TheLaw:

God it's frikkin annoying. it's just as bad as the other side...just feeds both stupid sides to say their stupid endless shit forever.

So sorry.

#145 6 years ago

Thoughts?

I'm always underwhelmed with playing any new game at a show. Never being able to hear it hampers any game. DI! looks like the best new release game in years to me. Pat is of course a layout genius that isn't recycling an old layout on this title, refreshing to say the least.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I think dialed in is just ok out of the box :/ but once you turn up the pop bumpers slingshots flippers to full strength put the shaker and magnets on extreme holy shtttt the game pops on a whole another level of greatness

Completely agreed. I bumped them up a few points each and it played totally different.

I have to commend JJP, I bottomed out the feet on all the legs and when I set it up it was completely level and at 6.8'. Want to bump it up a bit, but easiest setup I have seen in a long time. What are people setting their pitch at? I was thinking 7.1 or 7.3.

Also, what exactly is supposed to happen in the theater? Is the ball supposed to hold, or stay for a millisecond, I'm not sure. Mine stops for a few tenths of a second and does this little bobble and drops down to the right.

I wasn't sure I was going to love this game, but after a few nights with it I am blown away. I'm still learning the rules and modes, but the light show is probably the best I have seen, and the variety of shots is just great. Super happy and can't recommend it high enough, especially for those on the fence like I was. Great job JJP!

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Completely agreed. I bumped them up a few points each and it played totally different.
I have to commend JJP, I bottomed out the feet on all the legs and when I set it up it was completely level and at 6.8'. Want to bump it up a bit, but easiest setup I have seen in a long time. What are people setting their pitch at? I was thinking 7.1 or 7.3.
Also, what exactly is supposed to happen in the theater? Is the ball supposed to hold, or stay for a millisecond, I'm not sure. Mine stops for a few tenths of a second and does this little bobble and drops down to the right.
I wasn't sure I was going to love this game, but after a few nights with it I am blown away. I'm still learning the rules and modes, but the light show is probably the best I have seen, and the variety of shots is just great. Super happy and can't recommend it high enough, especially for those on the fence like I was. Great job JJP!

Go into tests and follow the instructions in the theater test until the ball is flung back around, just like the shadow. Mine is set to -85, and works perfectly. JJP should update their setup instructions with this info, as I bet at least half of the games out there aren't functioning correctly.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Go into tests and follow the instructions in the theater test until the ball is flung back around, just like the shadow. Mine is set to -85, and works perfectly. JJP should update their setup instructions with this info, as I bet at least half of the games out there aren't functioning correctly.

Oh wow, it's supposed to fling it up and around? I should be able to get it ironed out now that I know that.

Btw, what a great use of the display in the theater. It was a cool surprise when they had what looked like 3 pop ups target displayed, and everytime I hit it, One it would disappear. Really well thought out all around.

#149 6 years ago

Anyone have some HD video of the standard edition machine? I know some people have them. I'd like to see the non-LED'd ramps and the other differences. I'm truly on the fence as to whether to get a Standard or LE. I honestly think I would be happy with a standard, my days of wanting bling are over, especially on newer games.. I'm all about gameplay and gameplay features and that's identical on the Standard and LE.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Anyone have some HD video of the standard edition machine?

Here is a video of a game I did yesterday on a league evening.
It is in any case a great device also as standard. I personally am glad to have taken a le.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1n6n9ptc8ua8av/f0c541db-a1bf-4751-9a61-9c18087f6f4f.mp4?dl=0

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.