IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 273.
#51 6 years ago

My Dialed In arrives Monday! Will be sure to post pictures and some video!

#52 6 years ago

...correct. The original club WOOT!!!

#53 6 years ago

Are these generally available now? Or do you need to get on a wait list? I was told about 4 weeks waiting but wondering if that's typical.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Are these generally available now? Or do you need to get on a wait list?

Waaaaaait. LEs are shipping now to early people...Standards come next I think and I heard 1 distro say beginning of Julyish but don't know aboot that.

#55 6 years ago

Automated has them ready for shipping now. I'm waiting to see SW first, but DI looks great.

#56 6 years ago

My LE arrived yesterday along with AFMr SE. Dual unboxing!

19511534_10158928819835300_4051055831225375011_n (resized).jpg19511534_10158928819835300_4051055831225375011_n (resized).jpg19437439_10158928821955300_6940165757670954114_n (resized).jpg19437439_10158928821955300_6940165757670954114_n (resized).jpg

#57 6 years ago

Every time I play DI, I marvel at the game. It's really a fun game with many unique twists. Like most NIB games these days, the price is killing my desire to add the game to my collection.

But the game play and the fun factor keep taunting me. If it could somehow be priced in competition with a NIB Stern Pro, I think it would sell very well. Hell, if there was a $6k version, I probably would make more of an effort to secure one.

JJP hit a grand slam with DI, IMO.

Marcus

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Are these generally available now? Or do you need to get on a wait list? I was told about 4 weeks waiting but wondering if that's typical.

I do know they are cranking them out pretty quickly! It looks like JJP has gotten into a nice rhythm. I have been playing the game for the past few days nonstop...no issues. This game is such a smooth shooter and has the just one more game feel. The shots are very satisfying. Ball times are fair. It is really a grand slam for JJP!

#59 6 years ago

WOZECLE 960 and DILE 960 next to each other.

IMG_6628 (resized).JPGIMG_6628 (resized).JPG

#60 6 years ago

If all goes well, I'll be picking mine up tomorrow!!

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Hell yeah. Congrats.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Woohoo! Welcome to the club! Let us know how things go

#63 6 years ago

Can only be a fan for now due to the low $CDN, but I've got quite a few hours on a prototype, and I will own one of these someday, somehow, it's a truly great/innovative game!

#64 6 years ago

In case you didn't know... Rulesheet in progress... Need help. See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-rulesheet

#65 6 years ago

Anyone else think hitting the side ramp is one of the toughest shots in all of pinball? In looking at the audits so far, 560 side ramp entrance switch hits leading to only 32 side ramp completions in over 400 games played. Some strong players have had a difficult time trying to complete that shot. Any tips?

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Anyone else think hitting the side ramp is one of the toughest shots in all of pinball? In looking at the audits so far, 560 side ramp entrance switch hits leading to only 32 side ramp completions in over 400 games played. Some strong players have had a difficult time trying to complete that shot. Any tips?

I don't think it's that difficult. Whirlwind is way more difficult IMO. It is a bit of a blind shot though as the ramp is hidden from view which can make it a little difficult to "dial in" right away.

How is everyone's theater magnet? Does it drain SDTM when it releases at times or is it relatively safe? The one I play likes to release it down the middle which is the one frustration I have with an otherwise stellar layout.-Hoping they change the code to pulse on release.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think it's that difficult. Whirlwind is way more difficult IMO. It is a bit of a blind shot though as the ramp is hidden from view which can make it a little difficult to "dial in" right away.
How is everyone's theater magnet? Does it drain SDTM when it releases at times or is it relatively safe? The one I play likes to release it down the middle which is the one frustration I have with an otherwise stellar layout.-Hoping they change the code to pulse on release.

Yes, theater magnet is/was a problem. I decided to make the bottom of the playfield unlevel just so a player can catch the ball on the tip of a flipper as it comes off the magnet. Just couldn't stand seeing the frustration of players hitting the theater just to watch the ball go SDTM off the magnet. Hopefully this issue is addressed in the next code release.

#68 6 years ago

Has anyone added an external sub woofer to their DI? Does it make a difference? Are there enough low frequencies in the fx/music?

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Yes, theater magnet is/was a problem. I decided to make the bottom of the playfield unlevel just so a player can catch the ball on the tip of a flipper as it comes off the magnet. Just couldn't stand seeing the frustration of players hitting the theater just to watch the ball go SDTM off the magnet. Hopefully this issue is addressed in the next code release.

Read the manual about setting the theatre magnet properly in settings. In some modes, the magnet will throw the ball up through the loop so it does not drain down the center.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

Read the manual about setting the theatre magnet properly in settings. In some modes, the magnet will throw the ball up through the loop so it does not drain down the center.

Yes, I should get more familiar with the manual now that it is available. I don't see a timer in settings for magnet behavior specifically for the theater, just for the three magnets when game is in multiball. There is a number to change the delay for ball tossing in the Magnet test, kind of an odd place to put that information. This issue didn't crop up until the past few days, so I am beginning to think that the ball tossing feature of the magnet assembly needs a closer look.

Haven't had any luck thus far trying to get a phone synced up to the game. Anyone been successful with a Samsung phone? Any phone?

#71 6 years ago

#54 in the house.

IMG_6188 (resized).JPGIMG_6188 (resized).JPG

IMG_6190 (resized).JPGIMG_6190 (resized).JPG

IMG_6189 (resized).JPGIMG_6189 (resized).JPG

IMG_6191 (resized).JPGIMG_6191 (resized).JPG

IMG_6192 (resized).JPGIMG_6192 (resized).JPG

IMG_6193 (resized).JPGIMG_6193 (resized).JPG

IMG_6194 (resized).JPGIMG_6194 (resized).JPG

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Yes, I should get more familiar with the manual now that it is available. I don't see a timer in settings for magnet behavior specifically for the theater, just for the three magnets when game is in multiball. There is a number to change the delay for ball tossing in the Magnet test, kind of an odd place to put that information. This issue didn't crop up until the past few days, so I am beginning to think that the ball tossing feature of the magnet assembly needs a closer look.
Haven't had any luck thus far trying to get a phone synced up to the game. Anyone been successful with a Samsung phone? Any phone?

iPhone works for me

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

You have the manual?

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You have the manual?

Dialed In manual was recently posted to the Jersey Jack website earlier this month.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Dialed In manual was recently posted to the Jersey Jack website earlier this month.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-manual-released-link-inside

I thought you fancy LE owners were given a printed out manual?

#76 6 years ago

Le and ce get printed manuals but they are not ready. They will ship separatelyper Jack.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Yes! You have to set the ball toss delay. Mine is set to -60.

#78 6 years ago

If anyone is having issues sinking a Samsung up to Bluetooth, that's normal for now. JT @ JJP is working on it. IPhone's work ok.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Le and ce get printed manuals but they are not ready. They will ship separatelyper Jack.

Shipping without everything ready....sounds aboot right these days.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Shipping without everything ready....sounds aboot right these days.

Everything ready is best, but it's available in the game itself and online. I'll take a missing manual and a mode complete game every time over a manual and a mode incomplete game. Waiting a year on a manual no big deal, I can still play. Waiting a year for real software, that's bull shit.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Everything ready is best, but it's available in the game itself and online. I'll take a missing manual and a mode complete game every time over a manual and a mode incomplete game. Waiting a year on a manual no big deal, I can still play. Waiting a year for real software, that's bull shit.

Exactly.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Don't listen to him, he's not verified

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Don't listen to him, he's not verified

Never have been, never will be.

#84 6 years ago

Got mine!

20170706_210003 (resized).jpg20170706_210003 (resized).jpg

#85 6 years ago

#141 has made it home after a few delays!

IMG_20170712_140941 (resized).jpgIMG_20170712_140941 (resized).jpg

#86 6 years ago

Anybody else in on an LE from PinballSTAR? I'm in no rush, but it seems like his allotment has been slow to arrive. I've got a few pinball projects I can work on until this ships, but I was wondering if any other PinballSTAR customers have heard anything.

#87 6 years ago

I am. But I'm pretty late to the game. How early did you order? JJP seems to be really cranking these out so hopefully it won't be too long, I'm foaming at the mouth to get mine haha. Joe's a great guy so I'm more than happy to support him and wait vs. grabbing one from automated or the other monoliths.

#88 6 years ago

Yeah, I'm happy to support Joe too. No frustration at all here. He's such a good member of the community that it's cool with me to wait a bit longer. I ordered in early December, not exactly in the first days, but fairly early in the preorder process.

#89 6 years ago

I feel like you should be sorted out fairly soon. Looking forward to seeing your unboxing pictures

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from TheArrrrrcade:

Looking forward to your stream!

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Anybody else in on an LE from PinballSTAR? I'm in no rush, but it seems like his allotment has been slow to arrive. I've got a few pinball projects I can work on until this ships, but I was wondering if any other PinballSTAR customers have heard anything.

I am and am in the first batch (ordered oct 15) . Im paid in full as of last week and just waiting on the call to head to the factory to pick mine up. Sld be very soon. Hopefully all the fixes will be in place on his allotment. Sometimes its good to wait a little .....

#92 6 years ago

Ordered with Joe before game was announced and paid in full for over a month. Talked to him last week and it sounded like he expects it to ship by the end of the month.

#93 6 years ago

I realize I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but this game is really awesome. My kids really have no desire to play pinball, but they love this machine. Today I just got to Armageddon mode for the first time. It was a blast.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from TheArrrrrcade:

Sounds crazy but I kind of feel like Dial In is a continuation in smooth of NGG
What do you think?

#95 6 years ago

No confirmation yet, but my final check just got cashed for a Standard. Was told it should ship this week. Ordered about a month ago from Chris at Kingpin games.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

No confirmation yet, but my final check just got cashed for a Standard. Was told it should ship this week. Ordered about a month ago from Chris at Kingpin games.

from what i understand, it was picked up at in Jersey today and i will have a tracking number for you in the morning.

to be clear though, since many more people decided to get Limited Editions, those that are getting Standards have a shorter wait time (from me). i have a few standards and limited editions left if people want to get in the first batch still.

#97 6 years ago

Thanks Chris! Can't beat that with a stick.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Was told it should ship this week.

I've been told SE 'should' ship this friday

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Sounds crazy but I kind of feel like Dial In is a continuation in smooth of NGG
What do you think?

There are definitely some similarities with a lot of his previous games. The orbit - upper flipper shot feels like NGG but I find it's easier for me to hit it in DI

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I've been told SE 'should' ship this friday

I had 3 DI Standards ship yesterday.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/2?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.