IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 273.
#1351 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Nah, couldn't dislodge it, was a glass off moment.

Mine has went there many times when i first got my pin... a bump against the cab at the ball spot easily put it in the shooter lane. Yours must been very wedged

#1352 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Question guys...is the bob latch suppose to be closed at startup? If so when should it open?

Closed at start, opens for BOB modes.

#1353 6 years ago

The USB extension doesn't seem to work on mine (I don't even see the key in settings backup mode, need to debug that later). So I went to open the back box. They key turns a quarter turn cleanly with a little clank and I was able to loosen up the glass enough to lift it almost all the way but it seems to stop about 1-2mm too short to get over the frame at the bottom. Has anyone had that issue? I'm afraid to push it too hard (being glass and all).

#1354 6 years ago

I received my DILE on Halloween, been spending the last couple of days setting it up and updating the code. I downloaded the app and just wanted to share my impressions of the app. I really like the app, I am currently dealing with some tendinitis in my elbow and playing pinball is painful right now. The app has almost no lag and I am not in pain playing. Hitting the big bang button on the phone is a nice touch. Also my 11 year old son, who is used to playing games on the phone, would not give me my phone back. He also would stop playing, to him this is how it should be played. With the update on Apple it gave us no problems connecting the Bluetooth. If you have kids, you might be surprised how much they prefer this to the flipper buttons. Once my tendinitis goes away I am back to the traditional way of playing, but I am happy to be able to play without pain.

#1355 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Ok, so here's an issue I'm having, which I haven't seen discussed before. Maybe I missed it. Hopefully there's an easy, low-tech fix?
Any low frequency (bass) sounds cause my cabinet to rattle and vibrate quite loudly. Specifically, it mostly seems to be coming from the left side rail. If I pull the glass forward just a bit, so it's not fully inserted into the cabinet's rear glass channel, the left side rail stops making the rattling noise.....but of course, I can't insert the lockdown bar like this. As soon as I slide the glass all the way back into the rear glass channel, that left side rail starts rattling like a snake whenever the game's audio plays any low frequencies. I'm not blasting the volume, either. I always keep it between 22-24.
Actually, I can get it to make this ugly rattling noise without the game even being on. Merely tapping on the rear glass channel will cause that left side rail to start rattling. With the game audio playing, it's just rattles that much louder!
It's really annoying. None of my other pins do this.
At first, I thought I had a blown speaker, but I soon discovered the sound was coming from the cabinet itself.
Anyone's thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!! <3

Anti-rattle tape would fix it.. or you could try gorilla tape on the top underside of the plastic guide right above where the glass would be.. don’t know how tight the channel fit is there against the glass but that’s likely where the rattle is coming from.

#1356 6 years ago

What does everyone think of the JJP scoops protectors? They are much thicker than cliffys, a few of us who got machines this week in the UK are noticing ball damage and scratches on the playfield. Not sure if the balls had these imperfections before playing or if these protectors are causing it ( or something else causing it? ).

#1357 6 years ago

Got to Chaos in Quantum City last night...insane! Super fun light show, but for me there was absolutely no skill involved with the mode. It was keep the balls alive while trying to see them. I am guessing some people will hate the mode, but honestly I kind of loved it. It indeed was Chaos!

#1358 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

What does everyone think of the JJP scoops protectors? They are much thicker than cliffys, a few of us who got machines this week in the UK are noticing ball damage and scratches on the playfield. Not sure if the balls had these imperfections before playing or if these protectors are causing it ( or something else causing it? ).

The protectors are not going to do anything to the ball ...the ball is always hitting metal . The balls the game came with were not that good so put better ones in it.

#1359 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Got to Chaos in Quantum City last night...insane! Super fun light show, but for me there was absolutely no skill involved with the mode. It was keep the balls alive while trying to see them. I am guessing some people will hate the mode, but honestly I kind of loved it. It indeed was Chaos!

How does that not take skill!

#1360 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Nah, couldn't dislodge it, was a glass off moment.

It's obviously broken beyond repair. You don't want it taking up valuable space. If you want I could take it off your hands?

#1361 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Played Phil's Tuesday and Thursday.
The protectors don't sit anything like flush with the playfield so are causing lots of rejects of both the phone and the SIM card scoop.
As usual the balls which come with a NIB are shocking, replaced with new super shiny carbon balls.

I like the fact that high scores and other settings can be backed-up before a code update so you don't lose any of them.

Facial recognition is superb, maybe even too much. Having got a high score we tried to do a group shot with 4 of us crouched in front of the machine, it only picked out and zoomed in on my face . By then it was already used to seeing my ugly mug, so probably just assumed it was me playing (which it was)

2.4mil highest achieved so far.

Only major gripe is when you go down to 1 ball from multiball, it takes a couple of seconds for it to recognise this, in which time it can start the flipper flutter, causing you to lose the last remaining ball anyway

#1362 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Only major gripe is when you go down to 1 ball from multiball, it takes a couple of seconds for it to recognise this, in which time it can start the flipper flutter, causing you to lose the last remaining ball anyway

I am thinking this might be by design. I've consistently found that if I drain down to one ball during multiball, and an attack had already started, that the attack doesn't end due to the multiball being over.

#1364 6 years ago

Ball getting stuck on the “tab” on the diverter a lot. Looks like it’s not lowering enough to roll over that tab and slide off into pops? Anybody know of a fix? LTG ?

6DB654D7-2D88-4163-9BCB-33036B7C79C2 (resized).jpeg6DB654D7-2D88-4163-9BCB-33036B7C79C2 (resized).jpeg

#1365 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I replaced all mine with Cliffy's and have had no problems...

#1366 6 years ago

Anyone have any issues on new code download where the phone doesn't boot back up?

Put it back to 1.13 and still no screen?

This has happened to another game and don't want to update if it's gonna mess mine up?

LTG any help

Thanks

#1367 6 years ago

Do you have to enable the camera

Quoted from Pinhead1982:Anyone have any issues on new code download where the phone doesn't boot back up?
Put it back to 1.13 and still no screen?
This has happened to another game and don't want to update if it's gonna mess mine up?
ltg any help
Thanks

That would be mine I guess. My phone screen appears to be dead, I've updated 1.13>1.50>1.5>1.13>1.5 but it's not working. I've even swapped the VGA cable over with the Theatre and had the phone image on the theatre screen but nowt on the phone. Got to go to work now so will have to trouble shoot tomorrow. Looks like the phone screen itself is faulty or not getting power ( the backlight of the LCD screen isn't even lighting, so its solid black, not backlit grey or showing blue no signal screen ). Other connectors leading to the screen ( power and cat5 ) all seem to be in place.

#1368 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Anybody know of a fix?

Adjustable below the playfield. Loosen bolt, turn threaded thing up or down as needed, retighten bolt.

LTG : )

#1369 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

The USB extension doesn't seem to work on mine (I don't even see the key in settings backup mode, need to debug that later). So I went to open the back box. They key turns a quarter turn cleanly with a little clank and I was able to loosen up the glass enough to lift it almost all the way but it seems to stop about 1-2mm too short to get over the frame at the bottom. Has anyone had that issue? I'm afraid to push it too hard (being glass and all).

Same here...I had to taken out the two security screws in order to remove the speaker panel.

#1370 6 years ago

Two days in, and I'm loving this game. Best light show I've seen yet!

Couple questions:

1) I put a rubber bumper under the left ramp, and although it now does not skip over the wireform, it does hop over the the inner lane, not the outter lane that the wireform is located on. Any suggestions?

2) Sometimes when I start my game, the mechanics hand is up, other times, it's down. I played one game yesterday where the arm was down, and the balls just got stuck there. Ball search did nothing to help. Any ideas?

3) My game is leveled at 6.5 and 0 degrees across, however when the ball gets held by the theatre magnet, and it releases it, it's straight down the middle with n chance to save. Really kills the flow. What can I do about this?

Thanks!

#1371 6 years ago

My tilt bob stopped registering entirely. I've never had this happen on any game I've owned. Connections seem fine. This happen to anyone else?

#1372 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

My tilt bob stopped registering entirely. I've never had this happen on any game I've owned. Connections seem fine. This happen to anyone else?

Appears a former person from here answered this elsewhere and won't come here to answer. Check the other logical places.

#1373 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

3) My game is leveled at 6.5 and 0 degrees across, however when the ball gets held by the theatre magnet, and it releases it, it's straight down the middle with n chance to save. Really kills the flow. What can I do about this?
Thanks!

I can help with this one, at least. There's a setting for the delay on the theatre magnet, it's just not in the settings menu, where you'd expect to find it. Drove me crazy because I knew I had seen the setting, but I couldn't find it anywhere - that's because it's in the Tests menu. Try setting it to -80 or -90.

#1374 6 years ago
Quoted from Raincity:

I can help with this one, at least. There's a setting for the delay on the theatre magnet, it's just not in the settings menu, where you'd expect to find it. Drove me crazy because I knew I had seen the setting, but I couldn't find it anywhere - that's because it's in the Tests menu. Try setting it to -80 or -90.

Is it common that this would need to be changed to fix the ball from going sdtm? Didn't come across anyone else having this issue.

#1375 6 years ago

Every Di shipped need to have the theatre mag adj for the flip,and after up date also.

#1376 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Two days in, and I'm loving this game. Best light show I've seen yet!
Couple questions:
1) I put a rubber bumper under the left ramp, and although it now does not skip over the wireform, it does hop over the the inner lane, not the outter lane that the wireform is located on. Any suggestions?
2) Sometimes when I start my game, the mechanics hand is up, other times, it's down. I played one game yesterday where the arm was down, and the balls just got stuck there. Ball search did nothing to help. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Arm/diverter is down when lock is lit
Your theater magnet needs ajusted... set it to -100/-120...

#1377 6 years ago

For those who's USB at the coin door doesn't work check this, cable loose behind the screen.. it's pretty tight in there! Pull the cables a bit to get it seated properly

IMG_9592 (resized).JPGIMG_9592 (resized).JPG

#1378 6 years ago

Loving the new update but have had some strange stability issues creep up since the install:

1 - During attract mode yesterday, all displays went dark. A reboot fixed the issue.
2 - During gameplay yesterday, the cell phone took on a deep red hue and everything on the display was tinted red. A reboot fixed the issue.

Are these possible bugs related to the new code? I did install a custom graphic for attract mode in .PNG, and while it works, it was shortly after that all displays went dark.

Everyone is loving the new high score selfies, great addition.

May I also suggest a high score entry for selfie champ? Most selfies taken during the frenzy mode.
When the high score is displayed on attract mode, a flurry of selfies could pop up from the champ.

#1379 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

As usual the balls which come with a NIB are shocking, replaced with new super shiny carbon balls.

Where can I get some of these super shiny carbon balls?

#1380 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

Mine does the same thing. I’m going to have to chisel some wood away on top . I took the lock out and that did nothing.

#1381 6 years ago
Quoted from Connor:

+1! Put a seperate post out to find out who supplies them

#1382 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

who?

#1383 6 years ago
Quoted from Connor:

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Pinball wizard is where i ordered from.... very happy with the quality.

#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

2 - During gameplay yesterday, the cell phone took on a deep red hue and everything on the display was tinted red. A reboot fixed the issue.

I had a similar problem, yep. Looks like a new bug in the 1.50 code.

#1385 6 years ago

Had Chaos mini-wizard ready on cell phone tonight and before I hit the phone shot, I started a drone multiball. Once drone was over, the phone was on to the next mode and never gave me a chance to start chaos. It didn't stack with drone either as I have gotten to Chaos on other games. Bug?

#1386 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Ok, so here's an issue I'm having, which I haven't seen discussed before. Maybe I missed it. Hopefully there's an easy, low-tech fix?
Any low frequency (bass) sounds cause my cabinet to rattle and vibrate quite loudly. Specifically, it mostly seems to be coming from the left side rail. If I pull the glass forward just a bit, so it's not fully inserted into the cabinet's rear glass channel, the left side rail stops making the rattling noise.....but of course, I can't insert the lockdown bar like this. As soon as I slide the glass all the way back into the rear glass channel, that left side rail starts rattling like a snake whenever the game's audio plays any low frequencies. I'm not blasting the volume, either. I always keep it between 22-24.
Actually, I can get it to make this ugly rattling noise without the game even being on. Merely tapping on the rear glass channel will cause that left side rail to start rattling. With the game audio playing, it's just rattles that much louder!
It's really annoying. None of my other pins do this.
At first, I thought I had a blown speaker, but I soon discovered the sound was coming from the cabinet itself.
Anyone's thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!! <3

I would check inside the bottom of the cabinet to see if one of the holes are blocked with something. It seems like sound pressure build up that you are experiencing and it's trying to escape but can't until the glass is open. Just a guess. Maybe take a peek around and see if something is covering an opening in the bottom of the cabinet. I'm not near my machine right now to see where it's ported. Maybe pull it away from the wall a bit if it's coming out the back. Just some guesses.

#1387 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

@ryanwanger, I won't verify, no pms to be sent. The info isn't mine, if they wanted it here they'd probably post it here. Check the obvious tech support places.

#1388 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Arm/diverter is down when lock is lit
Your theater magnet needs ajusted... set it to -100/-120...

I'll try out the magnet adjustment, and hopefully that will help.

For the diverter, it did it again this evening. Game started up with the arm down, and when the ball when up the left ramp, it just stopped at the diverter. Had to take the glass off to get the ball, and reboot the game to correct the arm.

Does anyone have a solution for this, or should I open a ticket with JJP?

Also, I put a post rubber under the wireform (above the slingshot plastic) to raise it a bit, and again tonight, the balls started hoping the end of the wireworm and going down the drain. Pretty disappointed that they would ship out a game with such an obvious flaw. Anything I can do? I read that people have used a couple of washers, but this rubber is at least the height of 2-3 washers.

Thanks

#1389 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Does anyone have a solution for this,

Below the playfield is a rod that goes up and down, hooked to the arm. An offset cam on a motor pushes it up, and releases it back down with the help of a spring around the rod.

There is a threaded part in the rod that looks like a little leg leveler with a nut that rubs on the top of the cam. You can loosen the nut, and turn the leg leveler looking thing up or down, to adjust the diverter as needed.

I'd check that this moves up and down freely, and the leg leveler looking thing hasn't come loose and fallen off. If so, reassemble and find the spring and put it there too.

#1390 6 years ago

Just installed my cliffy protectors, replacing the JJP ones. Was getting so many rejects from both scoops with the JJP ones on, that the game was almost unplayable. The Cliffy ones are perfect - almost as good as without any. No rejects at all now.

Also, when I replaced the sim scoop protector, I replaced the white rubbers with much smaller ones. The hole is still hard to hit off the top Flipper, but no where near as hard as it was.

IMG_9466 (resized).JPGIMG_9466 (resized).JPG

#1391 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

If it's like the other people with this issue it's a connection issue at the actual tilt mechanism. Check tightness of all screws and continuity from the tilt ring back to the wire leaving the mechanism.

#1392 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just installed my cliffy protectors, replacing the JJP ones. Was getting so many rejects from both scoops with the JJP ones on, that the game was almost unplayable. The Cliffy ones are perfect - almost as good as without any. No rejects at all now.
Also, when I replaced the sim scoop protector, I replaced the white rubbers with much smaller ones. The hole is still hard to hit off the top Flipper, but no where near as hard as it was.

The cliffy's are definitely better. I don't know why JJP went with such thick metal that stands up off the playfield.

Note that on the phone cliffy, if you have the one that follows the bevel and then down inside, the ball hitting the seam where the metal bends down may cause it to "rise" away from the wall of the scoop. If this happens, it will need to be re-bent.

#1393 6 years ago

I don’t see DI protectors on cliffys site. Is ordering those an ‘email him’ situation?

#1394 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I don’t see DI protectors on cliffys site. Is ordering those an ‘email him’ situation?

Yes.

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yup

#1396 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's like the other people with this issue it's a connection issue at the actual tilt mechanism. Check tightness of all screws and continuity from the tilt ring back to the wire leaving the mechanism.

Winner!

#1397 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Play better.

#1398 6 years ago

Cliffy sim card protector is much better than jjp, but both cliffy and jjp phone protectors need help. Finally settled with cliffy phone protector with modifications. Everything good now.

#1399 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Cliffy sim card protector is much better than jjp, but both cliffy and jjp phone protectors need help. Finally settled with cliffy phone protector with modifications. Everything good now.

What were the modifications?

#1400 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Below the playfield is a rod that goes up and down, hooked to the arm. An offset cam on a motor pushes it up, and releases it back down with the help of a spring around the rod.
There is a threaded part in the rod that looks like a little leg leveler with a nut that rubs on the top of the cam. You can loosen the nut, and turn the leg leveler looking thing up or down, to adjust the diverter as needed.
I'd check that this moves up and down freely, and the leg leveler looking thing hasn't come loose and fallen off. If so, reassemble and find the spring and put it there too.

If this has come loose or fallen off, would it still be going up and down as the game powers on?

And is there anything I can do about the wireform? It has basically made the game unplayable. Balls jump at the end of the ramp right over the ball guide into the hole!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.