PXL_20240520_204146655 (resized).jpg
436540095_7423031387807799_4774080957704984785_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 8.14.46?PM (resized).png
DIBackbox (resized).JPG
bettyarm2 (resized).jpg
bettyarm (resized).jpg
20240429_201523 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 276.
#13751 48 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Anyone do the caps upgrade for this? Just wondering how it made a difference is so…

i did. it was like playing with a wet noodle before. now it feels like a flipper-faded stern. HUGE difference, mind you, but i just think there are some limits with Dialed In that aren't present with say, POTC or WW, where the benefit is clear.

I've had to dial down power to below default as it was creating a right LOOP shot instead of just a right orbit. It was launching it into the left loop hole!

i even rebuilt the flippers entirely.

So it's weird because the flippers don't handle like any of my sterns, but it's not as bad as when I got the machine by a mile.

#13752 48 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Rebuild them? They're weak sauce from the factory.

That’s rubbish, when the game was released I remember playing at an expo with queues of people and not one said the flippers were weak!

#13753 48 days ago
Quoted from Kenz:

That’s rubbish, when the game was released I remember playing at an expo with queues of people and not one said the flippers were weak!

I dont know whom those people are, but JJP flippers being mushy whiskey dicks is kind of a big deal. Heck they even made an upgrade that makes them more powerful that sells like hot cakes.

#13754 48 days ago

Picked up my game last weekend. It came with the cap upgrade uninstalled. Was on the fence about replacing the originals as I can make all the shots as is but I certainly understand the "whiskey dick" analogy. LOL. EJ feels great by comparison. Does the cap upgrade offer the same benefit as the new $400 board that JJP is selling? Does the JJP board bring anything else to the equation other than different caps?

#13755 48 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

...Does the JJP board bring anything else to the equation other than different caps?

Not hearing much in that area. You have a check cutter or 2 thst assume its better and like spending monies instead of doing some work of course.
I believe it makes some components more robust, but don't think that translates into any improvements at this phase.

#13756 48 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not hearing much in that area. You have a check cutter or 2 thst assume its better and like spending monies instead of doing some work of course.
I believe it makes some components more robust, but don't think that translates into any improvements at this phase.

Sounds about right. I'm happy to do the work. It's easy when you have the right tools.

#13757 48 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Picked up my game last weekend. It came with the cap upgrade uninstalled. Was on the fence about replacing the originals as I can make all the shots as is but I certainly understand the "whiskey dick" analogy. LOL. EJ feels great by comparison. Does the cap upgrade offer the same benefit as the new $400 board that JJP is selling? Does the JJP board bring anything else to the equation other than different caps?

EJ comes with the upgraded board with the larger caps AND different flipper coils. If you do the cap upgrade + swap coils I imagine you will get very close to EJ feel but I have just the cap upgrade installed and it is a huge difference in not just the flippers but the magnets and pops as well.

#13758 48 days ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

EJ comes with the upgraded board with the larger caps AND different flipper coils. If you do the cap upgrade + swap coils I imagine you will get very close to EJ feel but I have just the cap upgrade installed and it is a huge difference in not just the flippers but the magnets and pops as well.

Sold. I'll install the larger caps kit that came with my game.

1 week later
#13759 37 days ago

I'm going to get my rails, lock bar and legs professionally painted; I'm thinking safety cone orange would be fitting. Anyone happen to know where a guy can get a new set of cab decals? I need to replace the left side at least eventually.

#13760 33 days ago

I just joined the club with a se model.
Question I have is the machine came with the
DIALED IN PINBALL QUANTUM ELECTRIC COMPANY TOPPER from mezel mods
It was missing the remote for the topper.
So I need to know which remote was used to control it. Thanks in advance.

#13761 33 days ago
Quoted from gameover1173:

... Question I have is the machine came with the
DIALED IN PINBALL QUANTUM ELECTRIC COMPANY TOPPER from mezel mods
It was missing the remote for the topper.
So I need to know which remote was used to control it. Thanks in advance.

I have the same topper and it uses an in-line controller - not a separate remote.

See last step in install instructions:

https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007194213-Quantum-City-Topper

#13762 33 days ago

Much appreciated

#13763 32 days ago

I just got this error message when my Dialed in fired up. Never seen it before. Anyone got any ideas before I start troubleshooting?

IMG_8167 (resized).jpegIMG_8167 (resized).jpeg
#13764 32 days ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

I just got this error message when my Dialed in fired up. Never seen it before. Anyone got any ideas before I start troubleshooting?
[quoted image]

Gut feeling is your SSD has gone bad. You can try reseating the connector also.
I suspect you'll end up doing a full install and perhaps even on a new SSD you purchase.
But hopefully you find something easier!

#13765 32 days ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Anyone got any ideas

Install a new SSD and then do a full install from the jjp site.

LTG : )

ssd (resized).jpgssd (resized).jpg
#13766 32 days ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

For whatever reason, some SE's (mine included) did not include the headphone/volume button feature.

I’ve owner 2 SE’s in the past and both did not have external volume controls.

#13767 32 days ago

anyone that has new jjp io board or caps that could post a pic of their flipper alignment?

looking for folks that have the game improved and dialed in to play well.

thanks!

#13768 32 days ago

Just picked an LE up monday. Very fun game. Whiskey dick flippers as is well documented on here. I'll do the cap mod and go from there. It's a nice change of pace (slower) than my other games.

#13769 31 days ago
Quoted from firehawk618:

It's a nice change of pace (slower) than my other games.

Report back after you upgrade caps, clean & wax, and maybe install some new rubber.

#13770 31 days ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Report back after you upgrade caps, clean & wax, and maybe install some new rubber.

Will do. Rubbers all look good. Just needs to be cleaned up a little.

#13771 31 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

... that could post a pic of their flipper alignment?

Just like any other machine, makes sure it's inline with lane guides and rolls down smoothly.

1 week later
#13772 23 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Best I've managed after a week of ownership is 2 sim cards collected in one game. I think the number of sim cards collected effects bonus. Is that right?

Yep, affects bonus. I have always felt the dynamic of the game would have really been boosted by making the SIM cards act as multipliers for all scoring. Dialed In scoring is super low anyway, and knowing you are cranking your score by playing with several SIM cards would make it more dynamic and engaging, imho. Getting a bigger bonus is nice, but the cards could have been assigned more value. I love DI, it’s still my favorite jjp and I’ve owned WOZ, Hobbit and Wonka too. I just played EJ for the first time and did enjoy the shots. It’s a fun shooter for sure, I just haven’t had time to understand the code. I do feel the DI code is very good, and includes lots of varied modes and plenty to do. Dialed In is a very good shooter too, just a bit packed and busy. I like Wonka and Toy Story is fine, but DI is my favorite Pat Lawlor since CSI.

#13773 23 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Yep, affects bonus. I have always felt the dynamic of the game would have really been boosted by making the SIM cards act as multipliers for all scoring. Dialed In scoring is super low anyway, and knowing you are cranking your score by playing with several SIM cards would make it more dynamic and engaging, imho. Getting a bigger bonus is nice, but the cards could have been assigned more value. I love DI, it’s still my favorite jjp and I’ve owned WOZ, Hobbit and Wonka too. I just played EJ for the first time and did enjoy the shots. It’s a fun shooter for sure, I just haven’t had time to understand the code. I do feel the DI code is very good, and includes lots of varied modes and plenty to do. Dialed In is a very good shooter too, just a bit packed and busy. I like Wonka and Toy Story is fine, but DI is my favorite Pat Lawlor since CSI.

For what it is worth, GnR with its new codebase is now a much more balanced machine. The risk/reward meter is much more in check. They also added some new features and other little tidbits. It was a huge code release for the title.

I agree on DI though. Probably one of the best sleepers out there.

#13774 22 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Multiplying all scoring might make them too powerful. Yiu wouldn't do anything but go for sim cards right off the bat.

#13775 21 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Collecting SIM cards actually multiplies the values of future phone modes/disasters for the remainder of the game. So collecting them can be quite lucrative. Collecting one SIM card awards 2x multiplier to future modes played. Collecting 2 SIM cards awards 3x multiplier to future modes played. Collecting 3 SIM cards awards 4x multiplier to future modes played, etc. SIM cards don't affect bonus whatsoever.

#13776 20 days ago
Quoted from BriFi:

Collecting SIM cards actually multiplies the values of future phone modes/disasters for the remainder of the game. So collecting them can be quite lucrative. Collecting one SIM card awards 2x multiplier to future modes played. Collecting 2 SIM cards awards 3x multiplier to future modes played. Collecting 3 SIM cards awards 4x multiplier to future modes played, etc. SIM cards don't affect bonus whatsoever.

Ah, thank you. That’s a better rule. I’ve never been very attentive to the rules. I should pay more attention.

#13777 19 days ago

Looking for a Topper for my DI . Preferably the Quantum electric one. Thanks

#13778 19 days ago
Quoted from dr_light:

I would love to. I'm the one that coded it in the first place (one of the first things I did here at JJP), and I've always wanted to give it some more love. It's just a matter of finding the time to do so.

Any update here ?

#13780 19 days ago

I did the cap upgrade on my DI LE. Huge difference. And not just the flippers. The greatest improvement is to the magnets. They now work, really well. Recommended.

#13781 18 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I did the cap upgrade on my DI LE. Huge difference. And not just the flippers. The greatest improvement is to the magnets. They now work, really well. Recommended.

Where do you get this upgrade and how difficult is it to install?

#13782 18 days ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-fully-populated-enhanced-i-o-board/page/16#post-8239088

All the details in this thread. Note: most folks use a 3D-printed spacer for mounting the caps directly on the board.

1 week later
#13783 10 days ago

Now that I have my caps upgraded and the rest of the game dialed in to my liking it's time to address the final thing that's bugging me. That super dim translite. I've seen the results of the DIY mod in this thread and I like them. I also see that Lermods has a kit and that Mezel sells the same kit. The DIY thread looks to be gone so not exactly sure what that entails. Is the Lermods kit good or should I pursue the DIY route?

#13784 10 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Now that I have my caps upgraded and the rest of the game dialed in to my liking it's time to address the final thing that's bugging me. That super dim translite. I've seen the results of the DIY mod in this thread and I like them. I also see that Lermods has a kit and that Mezel sells the same kit. The DIY thread looks to be gone so not exactly sure what that entails. Is the Lermods kit good or should I pursue the DIY route?

The Lermods Kit is great, I have them on several of my machines.
But you shouldn't be afraid of the DIY option if you are into building it yourself.
I made a couple using magnetic strips to attach the lights to the monitor.
I'm still using them but the magnets weren't the ultimate solution I thought it might be.

#13785 10 days ago

DIY is super simple and cheap.

#13786 10 days ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

DIY is super simple and cheap.

Is that documented somewhere? The thread that was posted earlier seems to be gone.

#13787 9 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Is that documented somewhere? The thread that was posted earlier seems to be gone.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-guide-to-adding-backbox-lights-to-dialed-in

#13788 6 days ago

I know this has been posted before but I had to share again. Before and after with the backbox lighting mod. I went with Lermods to keep it simple. Maybe I'll build my own for Wonka or TS4 if I ever pick up one of those.

IMG_3688 (resized).jpegIMG_3688 (resized).jpegIMG_3689 (resized).jpegIMG_3689 (resized).jpeg
#13789 5 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I know this has been posted before but I had to share again. Before and after with the backbox lighting mod. I went with Lermods to keep it simple. Maybe I'll build my own for Wonka or TS4 if I ever pick up one of those.
[quoted image][quoted image]

for those of you who've done this...did you go with the cool white (6000k), or more like a brite white, say in the 5000k range?

#13790 5 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

for those of you who've done this...did you go with the cool white (6000k), or more like a brite white, say in the 5000k range?

Mine is warm white.

#13791 5 days ago

i did warm white from lermods in wonka, didnt like it, then did diy bight white.

$90 vs $8

just having a hard time keeping the strips from falling off the monitor. going to use binder clips with electrical tape on them i think.

the way i did it was roughed out the lengths and cut the strips. then soldered together using black red wire. tested at each solder point. then stick.

on cpu box: one from plug to right side at top and one going back on bottom

on monitor: one going down, one going under to the camera left side, one from camera area right to right, then from right to top of monitor.

very simple! 2 hrs of slow work and testing

#13792 16 hours ago

Anyone interested in trading their Dialed In LE for an Ultraman CE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Riverton, UT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 276.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.