IMG_3546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1331 (resized).JPG
IMG_1332 (resized).JPG
IMG_1330 (resized).JPG
20240216_172347 (resized).jpg
20240216_172414 (resized).jpg
DI bracket v33 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 275.
#13601 86 days ago

ok, I have to replace some of the drone motors. How to remove them without breaking the drone plastic...the props pull off I assume? top half pops off?

#13602 84 days ago

Does anybody know where to get the RGB LEDs used for the inserts? JJP can’t provide these. Using different ones that the ones soldered at the boards would result in slightly different colors…

#13603 84 days ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Does anybody know where to get the RGB LEDs used for the inserts? JJP can’t provide these. Using different ones that the ones soldered at the boards would result in slightly different colors…

search for the woz lighting mod someone was working on...he gets into some detail about the leds used on that machine and I assume this DI as well...he spoke about how they're discontinued, but I'm sure they're available. Did you check the manual?

#13604 83 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

search for the woz lighting mod someone was working on...he gets into some detail about the leds used on that machine and I assume this DI as well...he spoke about how they're discontinued, but I'm sure they're available. Did you check the manual?

The manual does not show a specific article number or vendor. Would be nice to get some help.

#13605 83 days ago

I finally found some instructions on repairing the drones. It's about 3 topics down and explains the process fairly well.

https://www.aaarpinball.com/DialedIn/DI.htm

#13606 83 days ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I finally found some instructions on repairing the drones. It's about 3 topics down and explains the process fairly well.

thanks...I'll check it out...

#13607 83 days ago
Quoted from Photopin:

lol.
I know that site

3 weeks later
#13608 59 days ago

Hey all just picked up my DI this past weekend. Just a question about the code version, when I boot the game it says beta build 6 from sometime in 2023. I’d imagine this is the latest versions and if anyone knows what differences there might be compared to the release code on JJP site. I saw some mention of beta code in here but it seemed like from a couple years ago. I didn’t want to change anything just yet before getting some input. Thanks

#13609 59 days ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Hey all just picked up my DI this past weekend. Just a question about the code version, when I boot the game it says beta build 6 from sometime in 2023. I’d imagine this is the latest versions and if anyone knows what differences there might be compared to the release code on JJP site. I saw some mention of beta code in here but it seemed like from a couple years ago. I didn’t want to change anything just yet before getting some input. Thanks

That’s the latest beta code. It added a better sound eq and removed any references to scorebit after they split. Nothing gameplay related and nothing newer or “final” to download as of now. It’s the most ideal version to be on. The final release version is pretty outdated at this point.

#13610 59 days ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

That’s the latest beta code. It added a better sound eq and removed any references to scorebit after they split. Nothing gameplay related and nothing newer or “final” to download as of now. It’s the most ideal version to be on. The final release version is pretty outdated at this point.

Slapdrain, where can one find this beta build 6 code version to download it?

#13611 59 days ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

Slapdrain, where can one find this beta build 6 code version to download it?

If i remember correctly I had to connect my game to wifi, go to software updates, and enable the beta branch. I don't think there is a standalone download anywhere.

2 weeks later
#13612 45 days ago

Hey folks, been wanting a Dialed In for quite some time, in communication with a (reputable) seller, but may not be able to check it out in person first, anything specific that's worth asking for in video? This would be my first JJP, so unfamiliar if there are any common issues to check out/ask about. Thanks!

#13613 45 days ago
Quoted from Mishap:

if there are any common issues to check out/ask about.

The blue steel flap still on the trap door under the station on the left ? Small monitors work in cell phone and theater ?

LTG : )

#13614 45 days ago
Quoted from Mishap:

Hey folks, been wanting a Dialed In for quite some time...

They're hovering around 7500 or less for an LE. Scoop damage/clear cracking if there are no cliffys. Check drone motors all work. Magnet damage/mushrooming

#13615 45 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

The blue steel flap still on the trap door under the station on the left ? Small monitors work in cell phone and theater ?

Do you even need the flap? Mine broke ages ago and it seems fine without it.

#13616 45 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They're hovering around 7500 or less for an LE. Scoop damage/clear cracking if there are no cliffys. Check drone motors all work. Magnet damage/mushrooming

Check for blistering on the mylar over the magnet in the theater. Also, as mentioned check drones, but it's not unusual for them not to work and it's only aesthetic, does not affect game play.

#13617 45 days ago
Quoted from Mishap:

Hey folks, been wanting a Dialed In for quite some time, in communication with a (reputable) seller, but may not be able to check it out in person first, anything specific that's worth asking for in video? This would be my first JJP, so unfamiliar if there are any common issues to check out/ask about. Thanks!

I have one for sale/trade just south of you if you wanted to check in person before buying.

#13618 45 days ago
Quoted from Photopin:

....does not affect game play.

It's a bargaining chip

#13619 45 days ago
Quoted from clg:

Do you even need the flap? Mine broke ages ago and it seems fine without it.

Better transition for a ball rolling across. And can help prevent balls rolling into the bottom of the cabinet if the trap door is too high.

If your game is fine without it, I'd leave well enough alone.

#13620 44 days ago
Quoted from Mishap:

See my post: later run machines are overall better than the early batches:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/272#post-8003811

And to add, see if all playfield leds work.

#13621 44 days ago

Don't forget the propellers on the drones! The tiny motors fail frequently and are a pain to replace.

#13622 44 days ago

Just curious, has anyone tried rebuilding the drone motors or just clean them up? Or is it just easier/cheaper to replace them I know you can get a set for about $10.

#13623 44 days ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Just curious, has anyone tried rebuilding the drone motors or just clean them up? Or is it just easier/cheaper to replace them I know you can get a set for about $10.

I started looking at these drones to replace the motors (which I purchased on alibaba for about 20.00). removing the drone from the machine is a pita. I looked at doing it in place, but just getting the plastic cover off was a pain which i don't think I ever did as I couldn't even get the props off. I assume they were pressed on but didn't want to break it. The motors look like they're clamped into the frame of the drone and you would need to force open the metal clamp, replace the motor, and then re-clamp it back in and reassemble the cover and such. Not as easy as I'd hoped for and just haven't got around to it...has anyone priced the drones themselves?

#13624 44 days ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I've got a bit about drone replacement here

But if by "rebuilding" you mean actually fixing the existing drone motor, I haven't seen any talk about that.

#13625 44 days ago

The opto inside the quantum theatre died
First time I have an opto problem on a JJP machine.

Are these the same opto emitter and receiver leds as used on wpc machines?

#13626 44 days ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Are these the same opto emitter and receiver leds as used on wpc machines?

No. Different case. Snap into hole in wall where it goes.

Did yours die ? Or one side fell out of hole it's pushed into ?

#13627 44 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Different case. Snap into hole in wall where it goes.
Did yours die ? Or one side fell out of hole it's pushed into ?

Not sure yet. It doesn't register, game gives an error about it.
Have to completely remove the theatre to be able to inspect what is wrong , that's something for this weekend.

#13628 44 days ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Have to completely remove the theatre to be able to inspect what is wrong ,

Not bad. Two screws remove the clear playfield thing over the pop bumpers. Then around the theater a few screws and a nut or two. Lift up and set aside.

Then you can see both sides of the lane guides, the holes where the optos should be, and which one isn't there. Should be laying there, or slipped down into the playfield hole.

#13629 44 days ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Not sure yet. It doesn't register, game gives an error about it.
Have to completely remove the theatre to be able to inspect what is wrong , that's something for this weekend.

+1 with LTG

j'ai eu ça sur le mien aussi Aeneas, démonte et vérifie

good luck

1 week later
#13630 35 days ago

what spring should I be using on the shooter?

#13631 33 days ago

Hey guys.... New owner of an LE. Game was running 1.6. I updated to 1.75 w/ full install. All loaded successfully. Game boots. Start button, coin door buttons and flipper buttons don't work (to toggle through the high scores in attract mode). Any ideas?

#13632 33 days ago

Right inside the coin door, unplug the coin door connector and plug it back in, real tight.

#13633 33 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Right inside the coin door, unplug the coin door connector and plug it back in, real tight.

That was it. Thanks LTG!!!

#13634 32 days ago

Clients Dialed In wont boot with the Phone display Video card installed. How can I tell if it's the card ,Motherboard or code or settings issue?

#13635 31 days ago
Quoted from Eddie:

Clients Dialed In wont boot with the Phone display Video card installed. How can I tell if it's the card ,Motherboard or code or settings issue?

I just took the card to another Dialed in and the machine did boot up and worked fine only there was a strange code on the screen at first before the splash.

Brought the card back to the clients machine and again no boot up and too small to read code in the appears phone display .

Without the video card the game boots up and plays fine only of course there is no phone display.

I disconnected the phone display video cable from the video card and still no boot only on the main screen there is "test code"that seems to show if the boot sequence is being tested before booting.

Everything says ok except for one line about something with usb being timed out and that line is in red I guess meaning didnt pass.

Any ideas?

#13636 31 days ago

Follow up and Problem solved! I changed the Integrated Graphics Configuration from PEG to IGD in Bios Settings and Boom the mahcine is back up and running.

I believe the setting changed due to the client not changing his battery. It was 2v when it arrived in my shop.

#13637 31 days ago
Quoted from Eddie:

Follow up and Problem solved! I changed the Integrated Graphics Configuration from PEG to IGD in Bios Settings and Boom the mahcine is back up and running.
I believe the setting changed due to the client not changing his battery. It was 2v when it arrived in my shop.

Glad you figured it out! Those batteries are easy to forget about

#13638 31 days ago

I'm new to Dialed In and i'm getting ramp rejects. i added the velcro as in the fix and it's still happening. Seems as though it's slamming against the left side of the exit from the left orbit.

Any permanent fixes?

#13639 31 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

...Seems as though it's slamming against the left side of the exit from the left orbit.

Wait what? What ramp is rejecting?

#13640 31 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wait what? What ramp is rejecting?

right ramp shot is clanging against the opening of the exit from left orbit

#13641 30 days ago

I've updated my game review of Dialed In. Not surif everyone agrees with me, but it's all my opinion

https://www.flippers.be/pinball/jjp/dialedin/dialedin.html

#13642 29 days ago

Hi all. Joined the club over the weekend. I really hadn't played much of this game at all. So far I am very happy with it. I ended up getting an SE and from what I can tell, it pretty much does what the other machines do. Not sure if there is a difference on the software, but hardware it looks really close.

Either way, I really like it. The theme is warming up to me and it is starting to make some sense.

Anyway, you have a new member here. I do have other JJP titles, but this one has a very unique feel for sure.

Cheers!

#13643 29 days ago

Took an LE in on trade . Wow what a great game !!! Plenty of rewarding shots simple rule set and great flow!! It is staying in my collection love it .

#13644 29 days ago

I played this a few times on location and was luke warm on it. Since I had all the other JJPs outside of Elton I thought it may be cool to try one out for a while and ended up trading my TS and got some cash back. I really like it now that I've gotten deeper in to the code. I'm not sure I'll let this one go anytime soon. It's quickly become one of my favorites. Just got to fix the metal lip on the trap door which from what I'm seeing here are typically broken.

#13645 28 days ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

... I ended up getting an SE and from what I can tell, it pretty much does what the other machines do. Not sure if there is a difference on the software, but hardware it looks really close.

JJP of this era was basically the same. You get lights on a ramp, powder coating, glass etc shit above SE; so no real dif.

#13646 28 days ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Hi all. Joined the club over the weekend. I really hadn't played much of this game at all. So far I am very happy with it.

Quoted from insight75:

It's quickly become one of my favorites.

DI has been my favorite game in my collection since it arrived back in 2017. It's still the champ and isn't going anywhere.

#13647 28 days ago

i’m looking in to really dial it in so it’s a beast.

so far, after properly waxing pf and doing capacitors, i’ve found:
-right ramp was becoming right orbit too often
-jjp scoop cliffy needs to be replaced w regular cliffy
-right sling post needs to get adjusted so i can backhand the scoop
-7.0 is too steep but 6.7 is too shallow
-i havent found the perfect flipper power

once these are all straight this will be a beastly, fun game!

#13648 27 days ago

Anyone have a topper they may not want anymore?

#13649 26 days ago

I hadn’t hit 3 mil in a couple years. Scoring is really tough for me on DI. I qualified Armageddon for the first time, but lost my last ball before I hit the phone to start it.

IMG_3546 (resized).jpegIMG_3546 (resized).jpeg
#13650 26 days ago

Congrats!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Olympia, WA
$ 22.50
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/273 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.