Topic Stats

• 8,828 posts
  • 486 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,067 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190819_181516 (resized).jpg
6CF3159B-EE80-44BD-91BF-D1C8ABFAA9BF (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190818_173650 (resized).jpg
20190817_173756 (resized).jpg
20190817_145853 (resized).jpg
20190817_132702 (resized).jpg
20190816_170413 (resized).jpg
hwinfo (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.21.07 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 14.29.30 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.20.42 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.32.01 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14 15.32.03 (resized).jpg
WP_20190814_11_46_49_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20190814_11_47_04_Pro (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 8828 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 177.
#1302 1 year ago

Currently installing the ISO to my flash drive and I was asked if I want to overwrite menu.c32. Anyone know what I should do here?

2017-11-01_15-36-12 (resized).png

#1303 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Here is how to get into the Settings menu to install the "Director's Cut". I hope this helps!

Thanks is it easy to change back if you don’t dig it?

#1304 1 year ago

1.50 is up on Jjp I was just told

#1305 1 year ago
Quoted from Connor:

Currently installing the ISO to my flash drive and I was asked if I want to overwrite menu.c32. Anyone know what I should do here?

I would assume YES because it's replacing the file with an updated version.

#1306 1 year ago

In case you were wondering which USB port to use on Dialed In for the update - the installation instructions alongside the download don't include this info, but the 2.0 manual does:

"Remove the USB stck from your personal computer. Power your game down and insert the USB stck you burned into the USB cable atached to the cabinet divider, behind the coin box, just inside your game’s coin door."

So, no need to get into the back box to update. Nice!

#1307 1 year ago

So, just to quickly clarify, is this 1.5 a Delta or Full Install?
Since this is my first JJP pin, is there much difference when downloading (between the two) from the JJP site?
Thanks!

#1308 1 year ago

Is the full install the same way you would update WOZ? Just making sure.

#1309 1 year ago

It's a full install. Instructions are right on the support page, under Downloads: http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

#1310 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

So, just to quickly clarify, is this 1.5 a Delta or Full Install?
Since this is my first JJP pin, is there much difference when downloading (between the two) from the JJP site?
Thanks!

Full Install, and yes, the procedure is quite different. Follow directions on JJP site for Full Install.
Use UNETBOOTIN.EXE

#1311 1 year ago

Thanks Kev & Moonduckie- will be my first JJP update, hope it goes smoothly.
Great game all around.

#1312 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

Thanks Kev & Moonduckie- will be my first JJP update, hope it goes smoothly.
Great game all around.

Make sure you use a USB drive over 8GB, and make sure you format it to FAT32 (if using Windows).
Follow the directions and it should go smooth.

Quoted from Connor:

Click YES TO ALL. That's what I did. Worked fine.

#1313 1 year ago

Gotta love JJP's way of announcing the code update considering the timing, lol.

22894214_1739810592704196_3934116465318738581_n (resized).jpg

#1314 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

In case you were wondering which USB port to use on Dialed In for the update - the installation instructions alongside the download don't include this info, but the 2.0 manual does:
"Remove the USB stck from your personal computer. Power your game down and insert the USB stck you burned into the USB cable atached to the cabinet divider, behind the coin box, just inside your game’s coin door."
So, no need to get into the back box to update. Nice!

Yes, no need to open the backbox. Just remove the Bluetooth dongle currently attached to the USB cable behind the coin box, and don't forget to plug it back in when you're all done.

#1315 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Gotta love JJP's way of announcing the code update considering the timing, lol.

Totally using this as my Attract Mode custom graphic!

#1317 1 year ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Make sure you use a USB drive over 8GB, and make sure you format it to FAT32 (if using Windows).
Follow the directions and it should go smooth.

Click YES TO ALL. That's what I did. Worked fine.

Thanks!

#1318 1 year ago

1.50 is a full install.

Viewing update :

"note that the full update sometimes appears on one of the smaller screens (Theater or Phone) instead of the main screen. This is because the displays don't always initialize in the same order.

While it looks pretty weird, the update will complete successfully and the game boots up just fine when power cycled after the update.

--Ted"

On my game it was in the theater and backwards because of the mirror. It worked. Back up your settings and reinstall them after the update.

LTG : )

#1319 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

1.50 is a full install.

Lol...that's what I get for guessing it would be a delta. I should just shut up, hehe.

Thanks LTG!

#1320 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I should just shut up

No, you weren't the only one wondering or trying to do it wrong.

Thank you for helping to inform.

#1321 1 year ago

So, what does PHONE OVERCHARGE mode do?

I see that if I hit QED too many times, the little battery indicator on the phone screen starts going above 100%, but what does this DO?

#1323 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Why should I spoil it for you?

Been playing new code for 2 weeks and still can't figure out what overcharge does....

#1324 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Been playing new code for 2 weeks and still can't figure out what overcharge does....

Doesn't it award you with more points during the mode if you start with the phone overcharged?

#1325 1 year ago

My NIB Dialed In is going to be delivered today. The timing of the 1.50 code update could not be better.

#1326 1 year ago

Is the monitor supposed to lock into those latches? am I supposed to remove the wood blocks installed above the latches so that they pegs can slide them up and lock into place?

#1327 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

Is the monitor supposed to lock into those latches? am I supposed to remove the wood blocks installed above the latches so that they pegs can slide them up and lock into place?

Yes. No need to remove the blocks, just loosen and twist them out of the way.

#1328 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Thanks is it easy to change back if you don’t dig it?

Yes you can go back and install "Medium" and that is back to the the original factory settings. See the screenshot below and it shows that that they all match back up (this is after a fresh 1.5v install too).

pin_stadium_dialedin (resized).png

#1329 1 year ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

So, what does PHONE OVERCHARGE mode do?
I see that if I hit QED too many times, the little battery indicator on the phone screen starts going above 100%, but what does this DO?

I thought I read somewhere or heard it on the buffalo stream perhaps? That overcharging the phone awards extra scoring to the next mode started by % of how much it’s overcharged. I believe it can build the phone up to 150% Good risk/reward points strategy.

So if you light multiball, then cancel multiball, overcharge the phone, start a mode, start multiball, you can rack up some good points.

Or...start quick multiball, hammer away on QED guy to fully charge phone safely, then start a mode.

#1330 1 year ago

Check out this new voice synchronization with the GI and the Mechanic flasher when multiball starts. This is a new feature in version 1.5v, very cool!

#1331 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

I posted this up earlier, this may help you so that you don't have to scroll through to find it. For anyone that needs to access their computer boards, fuses, wiring, monitor. Here is a tip, the tower is now in the backbox (unlike WOZ) and in order to access the boards you must unlock the monitor and it swings out on an articulating arm to give you quick easy access. Here are a few pics showing the wooden stoppers on each side they need to be loosened and pull out of the way. There is no need to remove them, but just rotate them so that you can lift the metal gate on each side to release the monitor. Then just pull the monitor out and you have easy access to all the goodies in the back.

4b41e713272f86c2f4df852eff1779b1f8822f7b (resized).jpeg

34aae6c028db2a3b25cde5b47ecfa78c4ddcbadb (resized).jpeg

623fc016c4cba6b9e754cb2dd54608fb27c1aead (resized).jpeg

08466d6c1d90bcc2b5b5ebaf941a44fbc22f360b (resized).jpeg

ecd782a5a0369d9d4c8891098d8f509517287b4c (resized).jpeg

#1332 1 year ago

Kewl

20171101_184342 (resized).jpg

#1333 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Here is how to get into the Settings menu to install the "Director's Cut". I hope this helps!

Thanks Scott!

#1334 1 year ago

My D.I LE arrives tomorrow!
Downloading the new 1.50 code now.

From what I've picked up from this thread:
Set magnet in Theatre to -90 and tweak until ball goes up towards right flipper

Left ramp exit- ball bounce outs- raise with a couple of small washers and put Velcro!? under the wire form I assume to slow the ball down?

I've been reading about scratches that appear where the flippers are? Any preventative measure to stop this from happening?

Hole protectors- JJP ones bit naff, so order & fit Cliff ones.

Anything else?

Thanks

#1335 1 year ago

For Ron.

2D3E46EF-664F-4EB4-A98C-DFC1D70BFAD0 (resized).jpeg

Look at it. Sticking up there like it’s flipping me off. Same to you, door mech.

#1336 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

For Ron.

Look at it. Sticking up there like it’s flipping me off. Same to you, door mech.

Thanks for posting that as I think this really clarifies where to make the adjustment if needed.

#1337 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I've been reading about scratches that appear where the flippers are? Any preventative measure to stop this from happening?

Make sure Jack's factory balls (LOL) are in good condition.
If you do get the lower playfield scratches (which I did...BAD!), a rubdown with some One Grand Blitz Wax (or a similar brand of carnauba wax) on the problem area can really help make them MUCH less noticeable.

#1338 1 year ago

My new custom attract mode graphic!

IMG_4713 (resized).JPG

#1339 1 year ago

Ok, so here's an issue I'm having, which I haven't seen discussed before. Maybe I missed it. Hopefully there's an easy, low-tech fix?

Any low frequency (bass) sounds cause my cabinet to rattle and vibrate quite loudly. Specifically, it mostly seems to be coming from the left side rail. If I pull the glass forward just a bit, so it's not fully inserted into the cabinet's rear glass channel, the left side rail stops making the rattling noise.....but of course, I can't insert the lockdown bar like this. As soon as I slide the glass all the way back into the rear glass channel, that left side rail starts rattling like a snake whenever the game's audio plays any low frequencies. I'm not blasting the volume, either. I always keep it between 22-24.
Actually, I can get it to make this ugly rattling noise without the game even being on. Merely tapping on the rear glass channel will cause that left side rail to start rattling. With the game audio playing, it's just rattles that much louder!
It's really annoying. None of my other pins do this.
At first, I thought I had a blown speaker, but I soon discovered the sound was coming from the cabinet itself.

Anyone's thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!! <3

#1340 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

For Ron.

What the deuce?!

I haven’t had problem with mine.....yet.....but going to check mine when I get home today.
Thanks for posting the pic Eric and Ron for the video.

#1341 1 year ago

I unboxed my game yesterday and I love everything about it except the most important thing my left and right flippers are weak. Surprisingly the flipper most people are having trouble with the upper right flipper works great. I have the flipper strength set to 25 on all of the flippers.

What are all the things I should do to trouble shoot this thanks in advance.

#1342 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

DI flippers - should be strong. I'd start with the basics. Plungers move freely ? Coil stops on tight ? A tiny bit of up and down play on the flipper so the pawl below the playfield isn't binding on the nylon bushing the flipper shaft rides in, too much play and the plunger doesn't move in a straight line.

Then I'd follow wiring. From flipper to backbox. Any connector along the way, reseat and push in tight.

#1343 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Left ramp exit- ball bounce outs- raise with a couple of small washers and put Velcro!? under the wire form I assume to slow the ball down?

All you need to do is level your game correctly - levelers all the way in the legs to the bottom, then left/right level to 6.5 degrees. There might be some jumps for the first 20 games or so and then it settles down.

Here's what else I've done.

Re-seat all the connectors to the computer and screens.
Remove the skill shot switch and bend it back a small amount.
Put some 3 oil on the pivot points of the trapdoor.
Replace the flipper springs with new ones.
Swap the wires on the BOB sign for Extra Ball and Multiball.
Install Cliffys - does both scoops as well as three switches and the shooter lane.
Install the Director's Cut settings.

#1344 1 year ago

+ Added design team selfies in attract mode. Has anyone seen this? Watched the attract mode for 10 minuets, didn't see any pic

#1345 1 year ago

Question guys...is the bob latch suppose to be closed at startup? If so when should it open? On a side note, this game is amazing.

#1346 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I unboxed my game yesterday and I love everything about it except the most important thing my left and right flippers are weak. Surprisingly the flipper most people are having trouble with the upper right flipper works great. I have the flipper strength set to 25 on all of the flippers.

My upper flipper only goes to 20 max. Is this like everyone else?

#1347 1 year ago

Anyone fitted something here to stop this ball hangup?

20171102_193200 (resized).jpg

#1348 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone fitted something here to stop this ball haungup?

Just hit the side of the pin where the ball is at

#1349 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

My upper flipper only goes to 20 max. Is this like everyone else?

Got mine at factory 15 and its plenty strong...

#1350 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just hit the side of the pin

Nah, couldn't dislodge it, was a glass off moment.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 189.00
$ 21.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 8,000.00
$ 50.00
There are 8828 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 177.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside