IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 273.
#13201 1 year ago

I had the naive idea that I could pile up the sim cards and collect them all with one shot in the dreaded sim card hole.
And of course it failed, you still need to get them one at a time.

#13202 1 year ago

Hey guys, are your flipper bat signed with the return lane on your dialedin?
Thanks

#13203 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Hey guys, are your flipper bat signed with the return lane on your dialedin?
Thanks

Signed?

#13205 1 year ago

Sorry, my question is
are your flipper bats aligned (not signed) with your return lane?

#13206 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Sorry, my question is
are your flipper bats aligned (not signed) with your return lane?

Right flipper was slightly high compared with the return lane. I wan't them to be aligned so I fixed it. In my imagination the left loop got just a bit easier (placebo for sure). There's a gap between the lane guide and the flipper that causes a bit of "ball bounce". Aligning might also have helped that a bit but I'm waiting for an improved lane guide from Cliff... He doesn't know I am, which might be a problem, come to think of it... Lucky me I didn't hold my breath.
Good enough answer?

#13207 1 year ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

Right flipper was slightly high compared with the return lane. I wan't them to be aligned so I fixed it. In my imagination the left loop got just a bit easier (placebo for sure). There's a gap between the lane guide and the flipper that causes a bit of "ball bounce". Aligning might also have helped that a bit but I'm waiting for an improved lane guide from Cliff... He doesn't know I am, which might be a problem, come to think of it... Lucky me I didn't hold my breath.
Good enough answer?

Thanks roddan! yes it does help, my left one was too high, so the right loop was extremely high to achieve. I did the same as you did and have both aligned with the return lane.
I also have the gap and i would 100% buy one from cliffy if available!

#13208 1 year ago

Having trouble with my dialed in . The virtual theater does not respond if you hit it. Like if you hit the lottery ticket,the ball goes through as if you did not make the shot. It says 13 virtual door stuck or something like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated

#13209 1 year ago
Quoted from smognote:

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tests - Switches - Matrixed, roll a ball under there - do they optos register ? If not check if they came loose from the hole in the wall they are stuck in.

LTG : )

#13210 1 year ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

Look at where the hinge meets the plexi cover. It’s unlevel on one side and creates a gap. I know gap is the wrong word, english is a second language, but the transition from plexi to hinge should be level. Or should it not? I might be wrong…
My opinion is that this trap door, meaning this particular one, should have been at some point caught by quality controll and never reached a costumer. Should not have been sent out to me.
But I have no experience of other replacement trap doors. It is this experience I am searching for.
Plan is to get atleast some experience by sending this one back and at the same time order another one.

My experience in replacement trap doors has now increased. This time the nuts is not tightened to hard and the plexi is ok. The sticker is misaligned but I can't bother anymore with this company. The woman answering my emails was more of a querulant than I am. Didn't know that was possible.
She is arguing that since the picture on their website shows a trap door without the hinge there is nothing wrong with the one they sent me. I just got a little extra that shouldn't have been included. I've sent her two additional pictures showing how one of the nuts is tightened to hard and have compressed the plexi thus destroying the assembly. I'm waiting for her response, will have some popcorn ready.

IMG_1993 (resized).jpegIMG_1993 (resized).jpegIMG_1996 (resized).jpegIMG_1996 (resized).jpeg
#13211 1 year ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

My experience in replacement trap doors has now increased. This time the nuts is not tightened to hard and the plexi is ok. The sticker is misaligned but I can't bother anymore with this company. The woman answering my emails was more of a querulant than I am. Didn't know that was possible.
She is arguing that since the picture on their website shows a trap door without the hinge there is nothing wrong with the one they sent me. I just got a little extra that shouldn't have been included. I've sent her two additional pictures showing how one of the nuts is tightened to hard and have compressed the plexi thus destroying the assembly. I'm waiting for her response, will have some popcorn ready.[quoted image][quoted image]

Your nuts are stripped

#13212 1 year ago

Excited to be back in the club. DILE was the first and really only game I’ve sold that I missed. Found a DICE and I’m back

A couple of things:
in long games the phone screen goes black, a power cycle fixes it. Is this a software problem or should I be ordering a new screen from JJP?

What causes the left lane diverted to go up and down? Seemed like my last game it was down the entire time, and then I tested it, next game it was up most of the time. One game it was not quite to the top and blocking the ball. Before I dive in just curious as to if there are traditionally issues with it. I didn’t have any with my DILE.

Finally - the reason I got rid of my last one because I was bummed about that Sim card shot (I know the story with the protector, etc). What is the best repeatable way to make that? Almost all the time rejects off of the right flipper. I hit it a few times off of a deflection from the right theatre target. Any help or advice appreciated!

Lastly, any new beta code beyond the last release code?

#13213 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

in long games the phone screen goes black, a power cycle fixes it. Is this a software problem or should I be ordering a new screen from JJP?

Reseat data cable at phone in to motherboard. Otherwise the thin ribbon cable between LCD and board inside the phone might have issues, rubbing on metal frame or something. I'd get a new one so you have a spare, same one in cell phone and theater.

#13214 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Excited to be back in the club. DILE was the first and really only game I’ve sold that I missed. Found a DICE and I’m back
A couple of things:
What causes the left lane diverted to go up and down? Seemed like my last game it was down the entire time, and then I tested it, next game it was up most of the time. One game it was not quite to the top and blocking the ball. Before I dive in just curious as to if there are traditionally issues with it. I didn’t have any with my DILE.
Finally - the reason I got rid of my last one because I was bummed about that Sim card shot (I know the story with the protector, etc). What is the best repeatable way to make that? Almost all the time rejects off of the right flipper. I hit it a few times off of a deflection from the right theatre target. Any help or advice appreciated!
Lastly, any new beta code beyond the last release code?

Left lane diverter, goes up when a BOB shot is ready after hitting the BOB targets. The big arrow in front of the outlane is lit when diverter is up.

The Sim card shot, removing the cliffy makes the shot way more doable, pretty much the same as the phone scoop, get rid of the cliffy, replace with mylar. Mine had mylar under the cliffy already.

1 week later
#13215 1 year ago

:-)Does this Chinese spy balloon video look like something from DI, or is it just me?
F96E535A-D8CC-4D63-8E7D-A3EA3CE3ED78 (resized).jpegF96E535A-D8CC-4D63-8E7D-A3EA3CE3ED78 (resized).jpeg

Added 14 months ago:

Referring to the Easter Eggs at the end of play in front of the moon on the back screen.

#13216 1 year ago
Quoted from Nameim:

:-)Does this Chinese spy balloon video look like something from DI, or is it just me?
[quoted image]

It definitely looks like the bottom side of this

B0EFCA02-6CC2-43AB-851C-3C47ED811220 (resized).jpegB0EFCA02-6CC2-43AB-851C-3C47ED811220 (resized).jpeg
#13217 1 year ago

Been having an issue recently where occasionally a ball won’t feed all the way down into the trough once drained. It just started one day and the machine has never moved. Changed balls, no difference. Used the plastic shim, no difference. A little nudge gets the ball into place. Using carbon balls so I’m at a loss.

Is the trough messed up somehow?

#13218 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Doubt it.

Magnetized, even if new ?

Left right level change ?

The plunger that kicks the ball up out of the trough, is it sticking up a very tiny bit and preventing balls from rolling into place ? The whole plunger/coil bracket can be raised or lowered. 4 screws on the end. If you adjust it, do move it too high or too low.

#13219 1 year ago

Question about a routed machine. Does the paid credits reset at a software update. How about total plays. Played one at next level yesterday and it seems like a pretty sturdy machine.

#13220 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

Does the paid credits reset at a software update. How about total plays.

All gone on a full install.

#13221 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Been having an issue recently where occasionally a ball won’t feed all the way down into the trough once drained. It just started one day and the machine has never moved. Changed balls, no difference. Used the plastic shim, no difference. A little nudge gets the ball into place. Using carbon balls so I’m at a loss.

Just started having the exact same issue actually. Looking for a solution.

#13222 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Looking for a solution.

Magnetized, even if new ? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809

Left right level change ?

The plunger that kicks the ball up out of the trough, is it sticking up a very tiny bit and preventing balls from rolling into place ? The whole plunger/coil bracket can be raised or lowered. 4 screws on the end. If you adjust it, do move it too high or too low.

#13223 1 year ago

Just picked up myself a Dialed In! Loving it so far!!

Can you guys tell me if this line down my phone screen is the first sign it’s starting to go?

04AA5EED-E627-46F1-863E-48D43E7CA211 (resized).jpeg04AA5EED-E627-46F1-863E-48D43E7CA211 (resized).jpeg2969D080-8055-4507-8F7C-7DCDA631CA6A (resized).jpeg2969D080-8055-4507-8F7C-7DCDA631CA6A (resized).jpeg
#13224 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Can you guys tell me if this line down my phone screen is the first sign it’s starting to go?

My experience has been they just go out. No warning.

#13225 1 year ago

Trying to troubleshoot my drones, in coil test the lights come on on the drones but nothing spin’s should they spin in coil test? Does this mean all my motors are bad?

#13226 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

should they spin in coil test?

Yes.

Quoted from Swoods5688:

Does this mean all my motors are bad?

4 motors in each drone. At least one of the motors in each drone is bad.

#13227 1 year ago

Thank you LTG i guess i know where i need to go from here Jjp sales parts request hope they still have parts

#13228 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Thank you LTG i guess i know where i need to go from here Jjp sales parts request hope they still have parts

You can search this thread only. Check for drone motors. Links for just the motors have been posted, and maybe off the shelf drones that would work to. Ebay or Amazon.

#13229 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Do the search, The factory drones still suck and will fail. Replaced mine under warranty and still having issues and now all the drones are one color too. That's what they sent me.

#13230 1 year ago

a small resistor in line with each drone will save the motors. Has also been posted here including a way to hide it in the drones, but would also work below the playfield, of course.

1 week later
#13231 1 year ago
Quoted from smognote:

Having trouble with my dialed in . The virtual theater does not respond if you hit it. Like if you hit the lottery ticket,the ball goes through as if you did not make the shot. It says 13 virtual door stuck or something like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Had rhe same issue, my opto felt from the slot, jist removed the upper playfield and clicked it back fixed it. If the opto clip is broken jist glie it there.

#13232 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Had rhe same issue, my opto felt from the slot, jist removed the upper playfield and clicked it back fixed it. If the opto clip is broken jist glie it there.

Stainless steel walls under there. You might need to hot glue it or maybe silicone ?

#13233 1 year ago

So having an issue with a set of Cliffy's The protectors seems correct and matches the site. But the phone protector does not fit the PF.

Build date is 6-21-2017 and LE number 190. Serial number 8721086

Any ideas as to what is going on here? Seems my PF has a different location for the post

20230226_130544 (resized).jpg20230226_130544 (resized).jpg20230226_134011 (resized).jpg20230226_134011 (resized).jpgDI-PHONEv2-002 (resized).jpgDI-PHONEv2-002 (resized).jpg
#13234 1 year ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

So having an issue with a set of Cliffy's The protectors seems correct and matches the site. But the phone protector does not fit the PF.
Build date is 6-21-2017 and LE number 190. Serial number 8721086
Any ideas as to what is going on here? Seems my PF has a different location for the post
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not really sure but for what it's worth I have had both the factory and a cliffy set of scoop protectors and ended up taking them both out and using Mylar instead. It sits flatter, shoots better and as the game wasn't originally designed with the protectors so I don't feel it is cheating these shots. In hundreds of games I don't have any significant wear in these areas.

#13235 1 year ago

Your post hole does appear to be further back. Mine is in the same location as your second picture (Post hole along side the chamfered edge of the hole).

Odd because in your second picture it looks like there is a plug in that hole that is further back.... ***Edit: Last picture***

#13236 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Your post hole does appear to be further back. Mine is in the same location as your second picture (Post hole along side the chamfered edge of the hole).
Odd because in your second picture it looks like there is a plug in that hole that is further back....

It's more link a black ink mark. Not really sure what's going on.. other than the cliffy doesn't fit...lol

#13237 1 year ago

My guess is you have an earlier run. There are a few differences I picked out just looking through the Dailed In gallery here on Pinside and comparing to the two playfields I have. Your left side of that scoop is probably getting slammed being that your post is so far back. I'd hate to suggest drilling a new post hole where it should be but that might be the best option in the interest of protecting that scoop a little better and for the sake of getting that Cliffy to fit.

#13238 1 year ago

Forget them put down protection and have more fun!

#13239 1 year ago

I am hoping to acquire a DI sometime this year- this is one game my wife and I universally enjoy playing on location when we find one. That being said...are there DI's getting to the point of needing ramps remade yet? I would probably offer them up at some point once I own the game. I know JJP isn't big on offering spare unique parts on OOP games, so there is a chance for me to be proactive here. Of course, this would also open up the possibility of doing translucent colored ramps as well, but I am not sure if they would be worth it in this specific case.

#13241 1 year ago

@JJP

The sudden announcement of Scorbit support removal is a blow to all your customers.

DialedIn LE had proven m reliable, so when buying my Hobbit I had not expected the amount issues I ran into. These issues highlighted a major service issue (availability of replacement boards, availability of wiring harness).

This had me seriously reconsider buying any JJP machines in the future (not even taking into account playfield issues and how they were addressed).

The removal of Scorbit, and the way this was done, is really sending a super bad message to customers, and is the last drop to me.

As of now, I won't buy a single JJP product. I'll probably resell both my current JJP machines in the near future.

#13242 1 year ago

I just purchased a Dialed In LE and it is being shipped to me right now. As a new owner of this used game, I was looking forward to trying out and showing off the cell phone / blue tooth / wi-fi interactive capabilities which were heavily marketed features of the game when it was released. Just look at the flyer which focuses on touting that Dialed In was "the first machine to feature Bluetooth connectivity, a camera, and additional player capabilities through a smartphone." These were the ONLY three features specifically mentioned in the Dialed In flyer, so this was clearly key to their touting the Dialed In product and a key to the linking of the features to the game's cellphone theme.

If I understand what is going on correctly, two of these three features highlighted in the Dialed In flyer will no longer be possible on a Dialed In machine. Does Jersey Jack have any plans to either return to supporting the Jersey Jack app that was created at the time of the release of Dialed In specifically for that game or doing something else to allow one to utilize these heavily marketed features specific to the Dialed In machine? What looks like it might be the company decision to cut-off the ability to use two of three features heavily touted when Dialed In was being sold would provide evidence of Jersey Jack's lack of interest in servicing and supporting both customers and Jersey Jack products after the sale.

This evidence would make me think twice before ever considering owning a Jersey Jack pinball machine in the future. In other words, a Jersey Jack pinball machine would become "an offer I could refuse" because I would not be comfortable with assuming the company would provide sufficient support and service after the sale.

#13243 1 year ago

I don’t know about the blue tooth but the smart phone thing is a gimmick ,the game is a lot of fun and has the most vicious magnetic action out there if you turn them up!

#13244 1 year ago

I am trying to track down a Trapdoor spring. 13-007019-00
It is referenced previously in this thread but no response. It is the same spring in Getaway apparently.
Freddy’s has them but wondered if there any other options.

#13245 1 year ago

I messaged jjp but my flap broke on the trap door. Is there a site to buy them in the US? Or is jjp my only hope?

#13246 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I messaged jjp but my flap broke on the trap door. Is there a site to buy them in the US? Or is jjp my only hope?

If you cannot find them, drop me a line...I will get some made now that I have a game on hand.

#13247 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

If you cannot find them, drop me a line...I will get some made now that I have a game on hand.

Thanks!

#13248 1 year ago

I love my DI LE as it’s just a great game - a worthy and modernized continuation of Lawlor’s desaster pins - but I see it as the biggest problem that there is no dealer with replacement parts except generic things like screws or coils, maybe plastics or protectors as a ultimate feeling. If I see how many dealer have almost every part for Bally/Williams machines, even boards, special brackets or other electronic parts so you can build a new machine out of parts. What if something breaks and there is no JJP anymore??

#13249 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

What if something breaks and there is no JJP anymore??

The final disaster!!! Pinageddon!

EBA1CD1F-BE36-46B4-AC78-F5E47F159270.gifEBA1CD1F-BE36-46B4-AC78-F5E47F159270.gif
#13250 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I love my DI LE as it’s just a great game - a worthy and modernized continuation of Lawlor’s desaster pins - but I see it as the biggest problem that there is no dealer with replacement parts except generic things like screws or coils, maybe plastics or protectors as a ultimate feeling. If I see how many dealer have almost every part for Bally/Williams machines, even boards, special brackets or other electronic parts so you can build a new machine out of parts. What if something breaks and there is no JJP anymore??

When my BAG board failed in my hobbit, there was no replacement board available anywhere in Europe. I had to buy direct from JJP, and paid 100 dollars on top of the board price for shipping and tax. Needless to say, not happy.

They seriously need to up their game with regards to service and support network.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/265?hl=ripit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.