IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 273.
#13051 1 year ago

Funny I just posted about past owner looking to find this title again.
Good luck finding another one close to you.

#13052 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Ditto to this

I would order a sheet of spring steel and cut the piece to size and rivet it on. Hammer style river or cheap tool from ace hardware.

Should work.

#13053 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Don’t you know that everyone that has just joined pinside is a (assumed) newbie? Even though you’ve owned pinball machines for 20 years……. I have gotten the same newbie comments. I won’t knock the spelling because I just don’t feel it’s my place to. I’ll save that for the English teachers

Been here a long time, joining did not equal being here, there's lots of lurkers who never join.

#13054 1 year ago

#13055 1 year ago

Is there no chance at all that JJP might just do a final code with some balancing and clean up?

I would especially love to see some sort of epic ending to the final wizard mode.

IMO only, code is the main thing that has kept me from buying other JJP games, and will likely keep me from ever buying another.

I've had GnR for a few months, and I barely play it. I find the game very cool, and pretty fun to shoot, but there's nothing in the rules that I find exciting at all. It's almost a chore to play.

#13056 1 year ago
Quoted from holminone:

I would order a sheet of spring steel and cut the piece to size and rivet it on. Hammer style river or cheap tool from ace hardware.

Should work.

And raise the wireform up a bit so the trap door isn't hitting it. See picture.

Then call jack and tell him to get LTG : ) Back.

raiseramp (resized).JPGraiseramp (resized).JPG
#13057 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Is there no chance at all that JJP might just do a final code with some balancing and clean up?
I would especially love to see some sort of epic ending to the final wizard mode.
IMO only, code is the main thing that has kept me from buying other JJP games, and will likely keep me from ever buying another.
I've had GnR for a few months, and I barely play it. I find the game very cool, and pretty fun to shoot, but there's nothing in the rules that I find exciting at all. It's almost a chore to play.

The answer was a clear no. There never will be a code update, regardless of balancing issues and proposed fixes.

I'm with you. I'll likely never buy another jjp mostly due to rules design. I wanted to buy all of their games and support innovation etc., But that's hard to do when the games aren't that fun to play. At least dialed in can mostly be fixed. Once I have my sim scoop mod done, along with the rules adjustments, it should play the way I hoped it would NIB.

#13058 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The answer was a clear no. There never will be a code update, regardless of balancing issues and proposed fixes.
I'm with you. I'll likely never buy another jjp mostly due to rules design. I wanted to buy all of their games and support innovation etc., But that's hard to do when the games aren't that fun to play. At least dialed in can mostly be fixed. Once I have my sim scoop mod done, along with the rules adjustments, it should play the way I hoped it would NIB.

Can you share any info on the sim scoop mod ?

#13059 1 year ago
Quoted from dug:

Can you share any info on the sim scoop mod ?

Here is my first prototype in thin metal. Final version will be thick steel.

20220808_163052.jpg20220808_163052.jpg

It doesn't alter the game at all and uses existing screws. It increases success of dead on shots by about 20%, but there were still many rejects. The shot surprisingly does not feel any easier.

After watching some slow-mo video of rejects, I noticed that the flat front of the scoop creates a rebound wall, so the ball must either enter slowly or at a perfect angle to be deflected into the hole. The ridiculous bump for the post in the right causes all sorts of horizontal bouncing as well.

I'm going to add a rounded scoop top for the next prototype. I may add a rail on the right to replace the right post as well. This will hopefully guide the ball. My guess is that it will still be a hard shot (harder than tz piano for example), but the ball will go in when you hit the shot. We'll see...

#13060 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I haven't played with the rules (I just like the idea of playing and beating a game with all factory settings) but I might look into it to make the game a bit more enjoyable.

I reached the final wizard once, and after beating it, there was literally nothing. All that work, all that build up, and nothing!

I owned Dialed In when it first came out, sold it, and bought it again about a year ago because I missed it. I know some people knock the theme, but I personally like it a lot. I think it's corny and campy and perfect for pinball. It feels like something out of the 90s (though the theme is obviously not 90s).

I just wish they committed more to the rules of these games. Dialed In leaves a bit to be desired, but GnR is a complete let down.

I also owned a Hobbit a while back, and after about a month, I had enough.

#13061 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I haven't played with the rules (I just like the idea of playing and beating a game with all factory settings) but I might look into it to make the game a bit more enjoyable.
I reached the final wizard once, and after beating it, there was literally nothing. All that work, all that build up, and nothing!
I owned Dialed In when it first came out, sold it, and bought it again about a year ago because I missed it. I know some people knock the theme, but I personally like it a lot. I think it's corny and campy and perfect for pinball. It feels like something out of the 90s (though the theme is obviously not 90s).
I just wish they committed more to the rules of these games. Dialed In leaves a bit to be desired, but GnR is a complete let down.
I also owned a Hobbit a while back, and after about a month, I had enough.

I finished it with stock rules (aside from sim memory) once, but the game is so one dimensional with stock rules. I now strategically play the theatre like crazy and get Bob multiballs more often. It now feels like a complete game that is on the easier side. Now I'll play with setup and limit extra balls etc to balance it once I get the sim working to my liking. The game is so much fun when balanced.

#13062 1 year ago

QED Lightning Bolt...hey, I need to order another lightning bolt, anyone know of any place that sells?

#13063 1 year ago
Quoted from Wheelzzz:

QED Lightning Bolt...hey, I need to order another lightning bolt, anyone know of any place that sells?

Did you try emailing JJP?

#13064 1 year ago
Quoted from Wheelzzz:

nyone know of any place that sells?

Try Martha at jjp

LTG : )

#13065 1 year ago

Second iteration. Prevents about 75%+ of outright rejects. Need to play test more.

20220821_221016.jpg20220821_221016.jpg

#13066 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Second iteration. Prevents about 75%+ of outright rejects. Need to play test more.
[quoted image]

Or you could just keep the glass off

#13067 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Here is my first prototype in thin metal. Final version will be thick steel.
[quoted image]
It doesn't alter the game at all and uses existing screws. It increases success of dead on shots by about 20%, but there were still many rejects. The shot surprisingly does not feel any easier.
After watching some slow-mo video of rejects, I noticed that the flat front of the scoop creates a rebound wall, so the ball must either enter slowly or at a perfect angle to be deflected into the hole. The ridiculous bump for the post in the right causes all sorts of horizontal bouncing as well.
I'm going to add a rounded scoop top for the next prototype. I may add a rail on the right to replace the right post as well. This will hopefully guide the ball. My guess is that it will still be a hard shot (harder than tz piano for example), but the ball will go in when you hit the shot. We'll see...

Very interesting development! If you say that the flat front of the scoop creates a rebound wall, what if adding a thin foam to absorb that energy on the whole front?

#13068 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Who said that there will never be a code update?

#13069 1 year ago

This sounds like a good application for drop dead foam

#13070 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Very interesting development! If you say that the flat front of the scoop creates a rebound wall, what if adding a thin foam to absorb that energy on the whole front?

Foam solutions in pinball usually do not work or require constant upkeep. The scoop sucks, so it's just better to design a properly curved one. My direct shots now smoothly flow into the hole.

Quoted from ClarkKent:

The guy who coded the game.

#13071 1 year ago
#13072 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Yeah. They just asked for a data dump from some owners on the beta channel.

I don't expect anything super soon but I doubt they asked for stats just for the heck of it.

#13073 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Foam solutions in pinball usually do not work or require constant upkeep. The scoop sucks, so it's just better to design a properly curved one. My direct shots now smoothly flow into the hole.

The guy who coded the game.

I wonder why the original scoop is flat on the lower part on this game, I see no benefit.

I hope the guy keeps the source - a lot of older machines got updates decades after the last revision and that would be much easier if they had the code…

As I’m into that business I can do that by myself for a lot less…

#13074 1 year ago

So last two days my DICE phone screen has been acting up. It shows blue vga screen on startup and dos file names during boot. During first game it works fine but it then will go all black or white. Surrounding leds work fine.

Any ideas for a fix?

E20BD066-5A3A-4494-89A5-9D6730148F29 (resized).jpegE20BD066-5A3A-4494-89A5-9D6730148F29 (resized).jpeg
#13075 1 year ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Any ideas for a fix?

Turn the game off. First I'd reseat VGA cables at phone and motherboard. If it's plugged into a video card on the motherboard, reseat that to.

If that doesn't do it, then new LCD and board for inside the phone.

#13076 1 year ago

Mine has done that 3 or 4 times in the last 100 games. I powered down and back up and that has always taken care of it

#13077 1 year ago

Happened here, too. Two or three times in the last year or so. I’m sure it’s because of the vibrations when the ball hits the phone scoop or posts there. When it happened I always reseated every cable on the phone. After that it worked again.

1 week later
#13078 1 year ago

This pin is so much fun, only not sure if the side missions are worth anything to be honest. Seems like most point are in the modes and especially SIM and Big Bang.

However maybe I’m not doing something correctly. Is there any strategy for points besides the disaster modes and SIM cards?

#13079 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

This pin is so much fun, only not sure if the side missions are worth anything to be honest. Seems like most point are in the modes and especially SIM and Big Bang.
However maybe I’m not doing something correctly. Is there any strategy for points besides the disaster modes and SIM cards?

The side modes, especially Bob and theatre multi ball can help a lot to get forward collecting Sims and doing modes. I would avoid emp mode without Multiball for example.

#13080 1 year ago

Hi guys, got an issue with my do, when I shoot the left ramp, sometime the switch next too the statue does not register the shot, this mostly happens when the balls travels quote fast. Any idea or suggestions?
Thanks

#13081 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Any idea or suggestions?

Adjust it to be more sensitive.

Some switches you can loosen the screws holding it and turn the switch boy a tiny bit as needed. If that one can't, then bend the wire on the switch arm a tiny bit so the ball makes better contact.

Tests - Switches - Martixed - check with a ball.

Don't forget the get LTG : ) Back campaign.

#13082 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Quantum theatre multi ball is insane and worth mad points. Definitely worth pursuing via the theater side quests.

#13083 1 year ago

Hi all,

As indicated in the pictures below, I’m having an issue where occasionally a right ramp shot will hop clean over the switch. Does anyone have a solution that doesn’t involve reducing the flipper power or adding something on the ramp to slow the ball down? (I think I have seen velcro used to solve this issue somewhere)

Ideally, I was hoping that someone had made a ‘Station 2’ mod (refer to the second picture) that would slot into this area that would prevent the balls from missing the switch.

7F00E1D8-D316-4C7E-B1B6-FF9CC7BE7721 (resized).png7F00E1D8-D316-4C7E-B1B6-FF9CC7BE7721 (resized).pngD8E92443-1638-46F7-8167-5D0DE13830E9 (resized).jpegD8E92443-1638-46F7-8167-5D0DE13830E9 (resized).jpeg
#13084 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Quantum theatre multi ball is insane and worth mad points. Definitely worth pursuing via the theater side quests.

I’ve never played that far, that’s what I’m going to try for now.

#13085 1 year ago

Pretty much have my Dialed In, "dialed in." Added Pinstadium lights, Tilt gameblades, and Mezel Mod tower (my fav mod, nicely interactive). Game was sold with all the light mods. I also followed LTG's tech post about "greasing" a key point for the trap door. I was occasionally getting the door stuck open. So far, so good now. Anything missing I should do? Also, is it now normal for drones not to spin anymore? Mine are not and I don't see option in service menu to test for them to spin.

E37A348B-3004-4E3F-9A5F-DAE9AF4625EA_1_102_o (resized).jpegE37A348B-3004-4E3F-9A5F-DAE9AF4625EA_1_102_o (resized).jpegE3EA4CAC-949D-4186-A9BC-505B17347E8A_1_102_o (resized).jpegE3EA4CAC-949D-4186-A9BC-505B17347E8A_1_102_o (resized).jpeg

#13086 1 year ago

I just turned my Dialed In on and the main screen is out. This happened a few months ago, some connector re-seating got it working again ( may have been a co-incidence ). Tonight I can't get it back to life at all. Tested 12v at the DC power connector. Tried 2 other sources to it ( my laptop and Nvidia Shield TV ) via HDMI but nothing. Seems the thing is dead. Anyone had this before? is there an internal fuse within the monitor? Will I have to get a replacement from JJP or is the monitor available elsewhere?

#13087 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

a replacement from JJP

Contact Martha about that. Call or email - [email protected]

Tell her you miss LTG : )

#13088 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Hi guys, got an issue with my do, when I shoot the left ramp, sometime the switch next too the statue does not register the shot, this mostly happens when the balls travels quote fast. Any idea or suggestions?
Thanks

I had the same problem with my TS right ramp switch. Actually I used my DI switch to help solve the problem. Got lucky had to bend it a bit needle nose pliers until it registers but not so much that the ball flew off the ramp. However my switch didn't register at all. I'm not that mechanical maybe I got lucky on fixing it.

Good luck.

#13089 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

Hi all,
As indicated in the pictures below, I’m having an issue where occasionally a right ramp shot will hop clean over the switch. Does anyone have a solution that doesn’t involve reducing the flipper power or adding something on the ramp to slow the ball down? (I think I have seen velcro used to solve this issue somewhere)
Ideally, I was hoping that someone had made a ‘Station 2’ mod (refer to the second picture) that would slot into this area that would prevent the balls from missing the switch.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Here you go ->

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/146#post-4840614

I think I did just redo my tape fix...to have more tape, longer, smoother, etc. ->

my previous tape fix
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/132#post-4742656

#13090 1 year ago

I have a little problem at game end photo, sometime the game will not take any photo at all and sometimes it'll use an old photo like from selfie mode or something not from the actual high score photo time. Also my camera is somewhat blurry or grainy (but I don't have a well lit room so I'm thinking that could be an issue).

#13091 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I have a little problem at game end photo, sometime the game will not take any photo at all and sometimes it'll use an old photo like from selfie mode or something not from the actual high score photo time. Also my camera is somewhat blurry or grainy (but I don't have a well lit room so I'm thinking that could be an issue).

It's the light.

JJP doesn't put an iPhone quality camera in there.

If DI cannot detect a face, it will use an older pic or none at all. I don't know how it specifically decides.

You can do manual adjustments to the camera in the settings. There's a lot of adjustments but don't expect too much improvement.

#13092 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

I was just concentrating on the QT multi ball today and finally got it lit on last ball only to drain before starting it.

#13093 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Contact Martha about that. Call or email - [email protected]
Tell her you miss LTG : )

I just switched it on again 12 hours later and it's working! There must be be an intermittent fault with the monitor. I don't know whether to be happy or annoyed, yes it's working ( now! ) but it could fail again at any time. I was about to take the DVI output to another monitor just to prove the machine itself is fine, I guess I'll do that next time but I'm sure it's the monitor as it didn't work at all with other sources fed to it.

#13094 1 year ago

Thanks, I appreciate you providing those links. I have read these posts before and was aiming for a solution that is 100%. I have decided to make my own mod and am working on the model for Station 2. I will keep everyone posted.

#13095 1 year ago

Hi Pinsiders. The Theatre and Phone LCD screens on my Dialed In had completely stopped working, although at boot up they display the code. I tested and confirmed that both screens worked by connecting the VGA plugs to a laptop, so that elimated the LCD's/VGA cable as the issue. I switched the VGA cables around plugged into the headbox PC, rebooted and then they'll work and I switch them back then start playing, but if I power cycle the game again, the problem resurfaces. I did a full code reinstall to elimate it being a software issue. Have lodged a tech support call to JJP and awaiting their response. I'll reply to this post once this issue has been resolved for future reference. Cheers

#13096 1 year ago
Quoted from Symonz:

Have lodged a tech support call to JJP

Might check bios settings to see if something changed there.

#13097 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I just switched it on again 12 hours later and it's working! There must be be an intermittent fault with the monitor. I don't know whether to be happy or annoyed, yes it's working ( now! ) but it could fail again at any time. I was about to take the DVI output to another monitor just to prove the machine itself is fine, I guess I'll do that next time but I'm sure it's the monitor as it didn't work at all with other sources fed to it.

That didn't last long, yesterday it started playing up again. This time I connected the computers DVI output to another monitor via a DVI to HDMI adapter and it worked fine so it's definitely the monitor. I removed the monitor and took it apart, nothing obvious was noticed. Re-seated ribbon cables within the monitor and looked for loose connections/bad solder joints but nothing seen. There are 3 caps on the board although I'm not sure a 5 year old monitor should have failing caps, I might try replacing them anyway. Refitted it and it's still the same, sometimes works fine from boot, I even managed 4 games without issue. Turned off, then back on later and no screen again. I've asked my distro to get me a price from JJP ( I'm in the UK ), I'll ask local electronic repair shops or I may try changing the caps.

#13098 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

That didn't last long, yesterday it started playing up again. This time I connected the computers DVI output to another monitor via a DVI to HDMI adapter and it worked fine so it's definitely the monitor. I removed the monitor and took it apart, nothing obvious was noticed. Re-seated ribbon cables within the monitor and looked for loose connections/bad solder joints but nothing seen. There are 3 caps on the board although I'm not sure a 5 year old monitor should have failing caps, I might try replacing them anyway. Refitted it and it's still the same, sometimes works fine from boot, I even managed 4 games without issue. Turned off, then back on later and no screen again. I've asked my distro to get me a price from JJP ( I'm in the UK ), I'll ask local electronic repair shops or I may try changing the caps.

I find the connector, can’t remember if it’s DVI or HDMI a bit fiddly. Screen goes off as soon as I reseat the monitor. It’s a pain to get it working but once in situ it’s fine.

#13099 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

I find the connector, can’t remember if it’s DVI or HDMI a bit fiddly. Screen goes off as soon as I reseat the monitor. It’s a pain to get it working but once in situ it’s fine.

Mine is more of a power up thing not signal, if you turn it on with nothing connected to HDMI or DVI it should come on and say no signal. Mine doesn't even do that when it's not working, just dead.

1 week later
#13100 1 year ago

I have always had issues with the "Start" button on my Dialed In. If I try to push the "Start" button on my machine, the other end comes out( see pics). I have taken pictures, I am just not sure if I am missing a part or need to replace one. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_2833 (resized).jpgIMG_2833 (resized).jpgIMG_2834 (resized).jpgIMG_2834 (resized).jpgIMG_2835 (resized).jpgIMG_2835 (resized).jpgIMG_2836 (resized).jpgIMG_2836 (resized).jpgIMG_2837 (resized).jpgIMG_2837 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/262 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.